- Over seven of IT experience with more than six years of experience in Design, Development and Implementation of Data warehouses as an ETL Developer.
- Expertise in Designing & Developing complex Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) applications using Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/8.6.
- Six years of strong Data Warehousing experience using Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/8.6 (Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager, Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation developer), Datamart, ETL, OLAP, OLTP.
- Extensive Knowledge of Dimensional Data Modeling of Star Schema/Snowflake and Relational database concepts.
- Extensive experience with Oracle 11g/10g,8i, SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Triggers, Views.
- Worked on multiple Data warehousing projects with complete Software Development Life Cycle experience.
- Involved in all phases of the SDLC process starting with Requirements Analysis, Technical Analysis, Design, Build, Test, Deploy and Production support.
- Job roles include Translating business requirements into ETL logic. Product development, generating test cases for unit testing based on requirements.
- Strong understanding of Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) Process.
- Experience in performance tuning of Informatica Sources, Targets, Mappings and Sessions.
- Analyzed, Designed and Implemented different stages of Data Warehouse.
- Experience in Audit, Balance checks and Error handling techniques.
- Experience in data profiling and data cleansing.
- Implemented complex business rules in Informatica by creating re - usable transformations, and robust mappings/mapplets. Experience in loading data, troubleshooting, Debugging mappings, tuning mappings, etc.
- Worked on waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Developed data Mappings between source systems and warehouse components using Mapping Designer
- Designed and developed complex mappings, from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Source Qualifier, Sorter, Normalizer, Sequence Generator, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner and Update Strategy.
- Experience in scheduling of ETL jobs using Informatica Scheduler, Control-M and Autosys tool.
- Involved in Test Planning and execution for various Test Phases: Unit Test, System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts.
- Exposure on Reporting tools OBIEE,Cognos.
- Expert in monitoring Oracle database using Quest tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Informatica Power Center 8.6/9.1
- Power Exchange 5.1
- Workflow Manager
- Workflow Monitor
- Microstrategy reporting
- Oracle 10g
- SQL Server 2005
- Sun Solaris8.0
- Windows XP/2000.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Convert the Business requirements into technical requirement documentation (LSD and ETL Design Documentation).
- Perform analysis, validation on the DB2 data received from California Track, Qcare related oracle data from Colorado and integrate the various source systems.
- Design ETL for Framework, Logging Activity, Control Tables and Error Handling by Interacting with the ETL Integration Consultants and Architects.
- Developed Informatica technical mapping document to pull data from different Source systems and integrate.
- Workflow Recovery with mapping build for recovery, Tuning and Error Handling.
- Debugging and Performance Tuning of sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Developed several reusable transformations and mapplets, several workflow tasks.
- Developed Slowly Changing Dimension Mappings of type II
- Complex mappings creation using various transformation tasks and fine tune.
- Build Packages/Procedures/Functions using PL/SQL and performance Tuning.
- Assist use Exceptional handling, records, arrays,Partitioning of tables, Bulk Collects.
- Shell programming for manipulating the files using AWK and SED.
- Responsible to deploy the releases according to the project plan.
- Create RFC and SRs for any enhancements for deployment and get approvals.
- Do health checks by ensuring the source data and target data are accurate and valid.
Environment: Informatica 9.1, MDM,ORACLE RDBMS 11g, PL/SQL, DB2,WinSQL, MS SQL Server, Shell programming, MS Visio, WINScp, VSS, TOAD, UNIX AIX, Cygwin, Tivoli, Erwin, Remedy User.
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Worked as an onsite lead person to coordinate ETL activities across several projects with offshore team through full life cycle development.
- Assist in the design of an efficient reliable ETL mechanism for updating the data warehouse, Data Marts and downstream systems.
- Used Session parameters, Mapping variable/parameters and created Parameter files for imparting flexible runs of workflows based on changing variable values.
- Created Complex ETL Mappings to load data using transformations like Source Qualifier, Sorter, Aggregator, Expression, Joiner, Dynamic Lookup, and Connected and unconnected lookups, Filters, Sequence, Router and Update Strategy
- Identified the bottlenecks in the sources, targets, mappings, sessions and resolved the problems.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD, Both Type 1 & 2).
- Worked with complex mapping using transformations such as Expression, Router, Lookup, Filter, Joiner, SQ, Stored Procedures and Aggregator.
- Coordinated the development and testing work of offshore team.
- Performed ad-hoc data investigation and analysis to address inquiries and monitor data quality.
- Developed and maintained various Mappings, Mapplets and Reusable Transformations for the data marts, to implement the validation logic and the ETL (extract transform load) mechanism to populate database for different business units.
- Developed various slowly changing Type1, Type2 and slowly growing dimensional mappings according to the data mart schemas.
- Created Connected and Unconnected Stored Procedure Transformations for pre & post load sessions.
- Used parameters and variables at mapping and session levels to tune the mapping performance.
- Performed system integration testing and supported user acceptance testing.
- Designed and documented validation rules and error handling strategy for the etls.
- Involved in Production Support on-call.
- Leverage enterprise tools like Control-M to schedule jobs, automate and monitor ETL processes.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6/9.1, Power Exchange 5.1,Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Designer, Erwin4.1,Microstrategy reporting, Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2005, DB2, PL/SQL, Sun Solaris8.0, HP-UX, Windows XP/2000.
Confidential, Emeryville, CA
- Worked on Informatica PowerCenter 6.1 tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse Designer, Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, Mapplets and Reusable Transformations.
- Performed analysis of business requirements and interpreted transformation rules for all target data objects. Developed ETL specification based on business requirements/mapping document.
- As part of ETL process, loaded data from Flat files, XML, and Excel spreadsheet into target Oracle Database and applied business logic on transformation mapping for inserting and updating records when loaded.
- Developed materialized view and summary tables necessary for structured and ad-hoc reporting.
- Designed, developed and validated complex Aggregate, Join, Lookup transformation rules (business rules) to generate consolidated (Fact/Summary) data identified by Dimensions using Informatica tool.
- Conducted performance tuning on Targets, Sources, Mappings and Sessions to identify bottlenecks.
- Created Stored Procedures and used them in the mappings as connected and unconnected Stored Procedure Transformations.
- Used Type 2 Mapping to insert new Dimensions and update Dimensions in the Target and maintain the history.
- Created Shell Scripts for better handling of incoming source file like moving file from one directory to another directory, extracted information from file names such as date for continuously incoming source.
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the sequential and concurrent Sessions and scheduling them to run at specified time.
- Documented technical specification, business requirements, functional specifications for the development of Informatica Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mappings to load data into various tables and defined ETL standards. Documented test cases and test plans data for the mappings developed.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.1/ 8.5, Business Objects, ER-Win, Oracle 8i, PL/SQL, SQL, UNIX, Shell Scripting.