Informatica Consultant Resume
- Software Engineering & Information Technology Post Graduate with 6 years of IT experience inETL Architecture, Development, Testing, Enhancement, Maintenance, Production support, Data Modeling, ReportingincludingBusiness requirement, system requirement gatheringof Enterprise Data warehouses for Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retaildomain.
- Experience in Requirement Gathering and Analysis, System Design, and Developments phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong understanding of OLAP Data warehouse concepts, Dimensional Data Model, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema.
- Hands on experience in Master Data Management, SAP Business Objects Data Services 4.0/XI3.2/3.1,Informatica Power Center8.6,DataStage 8.1/8.5.
- Expertise in designing and developing mappings from varied transformation logic using filter, expression, rank, router, aggregator, join, lookup, and update strategy, slowly Changing Dimension phenomenon (SCD), surrogate key assignment and CDC (Change Data Capture).
- Expertise in Developing Mappings, Define Workflows &Tasks, Monitoring Sessions, Export & Import Mappings and Workflows and Backup, Recovery.
- Strong skills in analyzing the database design, Coding using SQL and PL/SQL,DB2 UDB, Oracle 10g / 9i / 8i / 8.0, SQL Server, Teradata, SQL*Plus databaseapplications. Coded Stored Procedures, Packages and Triggers using PL/SQL.
- Expertise in various quality tools like Informatica data quality, SAP Data services, QualityStage.
- Expert in using stages, Standardization, Data cleansing, Matching and Survivorship rules using QualityStage, SAP BODS.
- Experience in Manufacturing, Healthcare and Retail sectors.
- Extensive experience in UNIX shells scripting to run datastage jobs.
- Expert in documenting business requirements, functional, technical specifications and test cases.
- Capable of understanding the business environment and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Worked as a Team Lead, communicated with clients and single - handedly maintained various critical situations.
- Flexible to adapt to any new environment with a strong desire to keep pace with latest technologies and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with end-users, managers and team members.
- Has provided technical expertise and trainings to project members and end users.
- Has Analyzed, updated and improved various knowledge base guides and technical documents.
ETL Tools: SAP BO Data Services 4.0/XI3.2/3.1/(Designer, Data Services Repository Manager, Data Services Server Manager, Management Console), Informatica Power Center 8.6, Work Flow Manager, Server Manager/Informatica Server, Repository Manager, Designer tool set, IBM Infosphere DataStage 8.5/8.1 (Designer, Director), Quality Stage.
RDBMS: Oracle 10g / 9i / 8i / 8.0, MS SQL Server 2008/2000, MS Access 2000, Teradata V2 R5/R4, DB2 UDB V9/8.2/7.2
Languages: C, C++, UNIX shell scripts, Java, Batch Script, XML, SQL, PL/SQL
Operating System: UNIX, Windows NT 4.0/2000/ 2003/2008 r2/XP/7
- As an ETL lead, led the ETL development for enhancements in Enterprise Data warehouse.
- Worked closely with the business users to understand the requirements and converting them into project level technical capabilities.
- Worked with business analysts to identify the appropriate data elements for required capabilities.
- Update the status and plan the releases through the scrum meetings.
- Coordinating with offshore team and providing the inputs.
- Worked with source teams to find out the source team changes.
- The project involved developing mappings for moving data fromSiebel systems and Flat files to Staging Area (STG) and then to Data Warehouse (DWH)and then toData Mart.
- Developing theETL detail design documentsfor each target tables (Fact and dimension tables).
- Creating primary objects (tables, views, indexes) required for the application.
- Designing ETL jobs. Used Informatica as ETL tool.
- Designed and developed complex mapping for varied transformation logic like Expression, Filter, Aggregator, Router, Joiner Update Strategy, Unconnected and Connected lookups
- UsedInformatica Debuggerto troubleshoot logical errors and runtime errors.
- Designed and developed common modules for error checking (e.g. to check if the reject records output file is empty and to check if there are duplicate natural keys in a given table.).
- Performed the tuning at source, Target and informatica mappings using Indexes, Hints and Partitioning in DB2, SQL Server and Informatica.
- Prepared Test Plans for Unit test and System Integrated testing of Informatica Session and Workflows.
- Co-ordinate with the QA team in various testing phases by resolving the defects and ensuring smooth execution of the test plans.
- Creating the deployment documents and migrating the code to the production environment.
- Investigating and fixing the bugs occurred in the production environment and providing the on-call support
- Interacting with the business analysts to get the business Requirements, reporting needs and creating Business Requirement Document.
- Performed Source System Data analysis as per the Business Requirement. Distributed data residing in heterogeneous data sources is consolidated onto target Enterprise Data Warehouse database.
- DevelopedMappings, Sessions, Workflows and Shell Scripts to extract, validate, and transformdata according to the business rules.
- Identify theFact tables and slowly changing dimensional tablesforPLDW data warehouse.
- Building the necessary staging tables and worktables onoracle development environment.
- Sourced the data fromXML files, flat files, SQL servertables andOracletables.
- Made substantial contributions in simplifying the development and maintenance of ETL by creating re-usable Mapplets and Transformation objects. Partitioned the sessions to reduce the load time.
- Wrote test plans and executed it at UNIT testing and also supported for system testing, volume testing and USER Acceptance Testing.
Senior Datastage Developer
- Worked as a offshore team lead. Managed daily operational activities.
- Involved in design phase meetings for Business Analysis and Requirements gathering.
- Designed the ETL processes using DataStage to load data from SQL Server 2008 and DB2 to staging database and from staging to the target Oracle Data Warehouse database.
- Developed and designed Data marts extensively using Star Schema.
- Project Life Cycle - from analysis to production implementation, with emphasis on identifying the source and source data validation, developing particular logic and transformation as per the requirement and creating mappings and loading the data into different targets.
- Used QualityStage to coordinate the delivery, consistency, removing data anomalies and spelling errors of the source information
- Designed, developed DataStage mappings, enabling the extract, transport and loading of the data into target tables.
- Understood functional documents for new business source systems and applications and their integration into the existing data warehouse.
- Wrote Extensive Unix scripts for running the DataStage jobs for validating data.
- Identified source systems connectivity, related tables and fields and ensure data suitably for mapping.
- Extensively analyzed the Data Sources in identifying data anomalies, patterns, value ranges.
- Used DataStage stages namely Datasets, Sort, Lookup, Peek, Standardization, Row Generator stages, Remove Duplicates, Filter, External Filter, Aggregator, Funnel, Modify, and Column Export in accomplishing the ETL Coding.
- Undertook Change and Enhancements request.
- Tuned DataStage jobs to enhance their performance.
- Used the DataStage Director and its run-time engine to schedule running the solution, testing and debugging its components, and monitoring the resulting executable versions.
Senior Project Engineer (SAP BODS Consultant)
Role and Responsibilities
- Participated in project planning workshops with project managers, Business users and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution.
- Worked with Functional Managers / BA’s / End Users to gather reporting requirements satisfy the needs of business units and supplier partners.
- Developed technical specifications. For Data services objects.
- Worked with architecture and security teams to setup security standards. Both on OS level and In Data Services.
- Extensively used LSMW for legacy system data migration to SAP.
- Installed & updated Data Services 4.0 in Development server.
- Applied Patches on provided by SAP as a resolution for the OSS Tickets.
- Worked on profiling of data (column relationship, de-duplication, redundancy and uniqueness) using Data-insight in INFORMATION STEWARD.
- Created and Managed Views and Scored cards in Information Steward.
- Configured repositories using Information Platform Service (IPS).
- Created Local Repositories, Profiler Repositories for MS SQL Server 2008 and configured the Data Services Local repository with Job server and Management console.
- Worked on source target mapping documents and did the gap analysis.
- Co-Ordinated with 3 member offshore development team.
- Extensively used SAP BPDM(AIO) templates for data migration.
- Configured Migration Services on Tom cat for Lookup maintenance in Migration.
- Developed the work-flows to load the data into Customer Master Sales data and Partner roles etc. from legacy systems.
- Developed Jobs to load the Legacy system..
- Developed all the Master Data Objects for data Migration using AIO jobs and RFC function Modules.
- Extracted data from ECC 6.0 and loaded into BW 7.0 using Data Services 4.0 as an ETL tool.
- Worked on POC to extract data from SAP using standard and Custom Extractors.
- Used scripts and cleansing transforms to enhance the performance and quality of the Data.
- Extensively worked on setting up the naming standards and basic ETL procedures using Data services for better Stability and performance.
- Worked on CDC (change Data Capture) on both Sources and Target level for SCD (Slowly Changing Dimension) Type1, Type2, and Type3.
- Involved in performing Web reports to show the status of the IDOCS, and moved the project through all stages from Development to Production.
- Supported Data Services object in testing by fixing the code bugs.
- Scheduled the Jobs in Management Console and monitored by configuring to Email.
- Worked on setting up Error Handling Mechanism on all ETL jobs.
Project Engineer (SAP BODS Consultant)
- Perform the data quality analysis in SAP BODS
- Identification & finalization of data cleansing requirements
- Created Local Repositories, Secured Central Repositories and Profiler Repositories and configured the Data Services Local repository with Job server and Management console.
- Configured the Data Services Data stores for different legacy systems. Checked them in to central repo to make them available for all the development team.
- Extensively used various Integrator and Quality transforms to meet the client requirements to push the data from SAP R/3 tables to target database.
- Designed and Developed Work-flows & Data-flows to extract data from Oracle and multiple Flat files to MS SQL Server.
- Worked on various bulk loader options to obtain better performance.
- Extensively worked on improving the Data Quality various address cleansing tools to cleanse the raw data and generate Customer Master Basic Data.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimension - type me & II in various mapping based on the requirements.
- Implemented recovery mechanism on work flow level for ETL jobs using data services.
- Used lookup ext and database joins to get the Delta loads.
- Worked on Timestamp based and Target based delta extractions.
- Used ABAP data flows to extract data from the SAP. Performed time stamp based deltas using ABAP data flows.
- Worked on setting up user security and build security matrix for BODS for creating different user groups and access levels.
- In the reconciliation stage validated the SAP load file.
- Used aliases in data stores to for schema changes between environments.
- Strictly followed coding standard such as naming convention while migrating the data from source to target.
- Scheduled and monitored ETL jobs through Management Console.
- Designed & developed sap Bods jobs with the required transformations and addressed most of the data cleansing requirements Worked as SAP BODS Admin.
- Came up with different scenarios and valid test cases for thorough testing of the code. dis included positive and negative test cases and back dated as well as future dated updating logics.
- Handling requirement analysis from the functional consultants.
- Designing and development of ETL as per the requirement.
- Team handling, monitoring and guiding them in their daily activities.
- Booking and attending meeting with clients and team.
- Providing them with the regular status updates.
- To prepare technical design documents and validating them.
Project Engineer (Manual Tester)
- Responsible for gatheringBusiness Requirements,Functional RequirementsandDesign Documents.
- PerformedFunctional,Negative,Positive, Integration,Regression,End to EndandUser Acceptance Testing.
- Extensively involved in writing and designing templates for theTest PlansandTest cases
- Identified theTest Casesand documented them inQuality Center.
- Worked with the Developers and the Test Lead to verify theTest Cases.
- Designed and AnalyzedTest casedesign document basing on theFunctional Requirement Specificationsto implement through testing process.
- Analyzed and DevelopedTest Plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Expected Test ResultsandTest Procedurefromfunctional requirementfor different modules Involved in creating theTraceability matrixbased onFunctional requirementin each module.
- Base-lineandRegressiontests were scheduled and performed on every Release and build.
- SupportedEnd-to-endtesting for downstream systems.
- Creation ofTest Datafor Member data’s according to the scenarios.
- Loaded theTest Datainto the HPQC to prepare for the execution ofTest Cases