- Sound knowledge about EMR - Epic, QuadraMed, Cerner; Patient Portal, Oracle Discoverer reporting tool and clinical database system - ARGUS and InForm.
- Experienced in Implementation, Build, Maintenance, Support and Troubleshooting in Cerner EMR
- Working experience and strong knowledge of Claim Processing, HIPAA 4010 (EDI X12-837, 270/271 an d835), privacy, ICD-9 and ICD-10, Meaningful Use Stage 1 and 2.
- Lead initiatives, define scope, analyze solutions, gaps, cost, mitigate risks, document framework.
- Conduct user requirement analysis and author BRD, FRD and Use Case Specifications.
- Experienced in performing Testing, Feasibility Studies, SWOT, GAP and Risk Analysis.
- Present performance metrics, prioritize and meet deadlines, exceed service level agreements, control costs, resource utilization, and document lessons learned.
- Working knowledge of HIE, IRB, CDC, NIH, FDA and various other regulatory agencies and mandates in order to meet the standards.
- Excellent project management, interpersonal, analytical skills and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work to meet adapting deadlines.
- Excellent at negotiation for all contracts and service agreements and insure that they are executed at the highest level of response possible.
- Assist with the development of goals for the department, which align with organizational goals.
- In-depth understanding of IIBA-Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) and PMI-Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Exceptional communicator, a skilled presenter and an engaging Healthcare IT trainer.
- Accomplished technology personnel with the ability to deliver value-driven IT solutions to Healthcare Enterprise.
- Epic, QuadraMed, Cerner, Patient Portal
- ARGUS, InForm, Oracle Tracker applications
- MS Office suite, Visio, Pencil, Toad, Oracle Discoverer
- Business Glossary, BMC Remedy, Quality Center
- EMR implementation, Data and Workflow Analysis
- Requirement analysis, Elicitation, Gap analysis
- Customization, Testing,, Support
- Troubleshooting, SDLC, ITIL, CPOE
- Clinical Decision Support Systems, Project management
- Medical terminology, Knowledge of LOINC
- SNOMED-CT, NDF-RT, UNII, RxNorm
- LEAP, HIPAA 4010 (EDI X12-837
- 270/271 an d835), privacy, ICD-9 and ICD-10
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 and 2 and CPT code
- ICH, GCP, FDA Regulatory compliance
Confidential, Manhattan, NY
Sr. Business Analyst/PM
- Implementation of EPIC EMR and replace legacy system QuadraMed EMR in multiple hospitals and leading management of multiple data sets.
- Manage and lead the conversion of Vaccination and Demographics data sets.
- Supporting as SME for Lab, Allergy, Medications and Problem List data sets for scientifically and medically completeness and accuracy.
- Analyze and map the QuadraMed CCDA’s for Medications, Allergy (Allergens & Symptoms) and Problem Lists with company standard RxNorm, SNOMED-CT, NDF-RT and UNII coding.
- Managed and Executed Testing for QuadraMed CCDA in EPIC Sup Environment for appropriate data acceptance and display in EPIC.
- Supporting the screen prototyping development to access the QuadraMed legacy data.
- Write, Execute Test Plan, write Test script for Data Load Testing for data extracted from the QD4 database with the QCPR/Quadramed.
- Standardize and Map clinical data to common controlled vocabularies: RxNorm, SNOMED CT, using LEAP software (Health Language/Wolters Kluwer proprietary application).
- Validated the financial (payer/insurance/Medicare/Medicaid) data from QuadraMed loaded in archival database.
- Validated the active Problems from QuadraMed should be coded using SNOMED-CT and ICD-9 and ICD-10 Codes.
- Use QCPR QuadraMed to check the data discrepancies from Data Ware House (DWH) for duplication and merging of patient records.
- Validate the Financial Data from Unity to Quadramed and in Data Ware House using Toad-SQL.
- Supporting for Extracting, Cleaning the data for the Business Glossary, Data Stage and Quality Stage upload and maintenance.
- Use Toad/SQL and Oracle Discoverer as needed for patient’s data analysis.
- Prepared the clinical data sets from the 8 networks and make unique data set and do the mapping.
- Analyzed and managed Data sets viz. race, ethnicity and providers etc. from Data Management (RDM) and Master Data Management (MDM) work.
- Execute and mentor the requirement gathering, Gap Analysis, data analysis, preparing of Business Requirement Document and Functional Requirement Document.
- Actively participate in the meetings with vendor QuadraMed for the data extraction and conversion to EPIC.
- Coordinate with the QuadraMed Clinical Data Analysts to understand the data structure and it’s feasibility to convert in Epic.
- Identify resource needs and interview and assist in recruiting the team members.
- Support in delivering project presentations and weekly status updates reports.
- Liaise with other teams including Epic Applications teams, Business Intelligence Team, Interface team and Technical team to identify risks and issues to project.
- Act as Admin for SharePoint for the projects.
- Support in preparing resource, budget and effort estimate.
- Work within compliance of HIPAA, CDC - NIH and various other regulatory agencies and mandates in order to meet the standards.
Environment: EPIC, QuadraMed, QCPR, MSVisio, MS Office Suite, MS Project, SharePoint, Groupwise, Photoshop, Toad, Oracle Discoverer, Data Stage, Business Glossary, BMC Remedy
Confidential - Bethesda, MD
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Maintenance of Clinical Documentation for nursing and physicians and implementation of Cerner patient Portal Solution.
- Technical lead for Patient Portal implementation.
- Organized and actively participated in hospital patient portal work group meeting.
- Actively participated in design and build sessions in Cerner for core changes for event set hierarchy, code sets, privilege and ps and registration field changes relating to Patient Portal build.
- Maintained, Configure and Setup patient portal dashboard.
- Coordinated with Cerner Architect for domain and design decision and package installation.
- Perform release analysis for code upgrade and review enhancement, enhancement, defects and corrections.
- Coordinated meetings with Nursing Informatics Committee and Medical Informatics committee to elicitate and identify system functionality and build requirements.
- Analyzed, reviewed and edited business requirement specifications, business processes and recommendations for work needs and recognized strength and weakness and suggested improvements.
- Identify, analyze the system deficiency/problems and provide input solutions and guidance.
- Build Orders, Powerplans, PowerNote, and Powerforms including alpha billing forms.
- Drafted materials for Powerforms and PowerNote customization and documentation of workflows.
- Created/executed and maintained detailed test plans and integrated test scripts.
- Managed testing efforts with the members of end user departments and ensured issues are identified, tracked, reported in timely fashion.
- Researched functionality and process enhancement in the Cerner Software.
- Coordinated process of escalating high severity issues to vendor while providing status update to management and user community.
- Provided s to the departmental heads and department for Patient Portal functionality.
- Provided after hours on call support.
Environment: Cerner, MS Visio, MS Suit, SharePoint, Quality Center, CA Service Desk, Clarity
Business System Analyst
- Building and maintenance of Cerner EMR for Drug Safety/Clinical Trials Adverse Event Reporting objectives.
- Worked with Clinical Investigators, Lab Directors, CRA and Nursing Informatics Director to capture the structured and unstructured key data elements for clinical research.
- Coordinated and managed Cerner EMR Data populated via ADT and MDM interfaces in ‘Oracle InForm’ for capturing and reporting of Adverse Events in ARGUS Adverse Event Reporting System.
- Supported decision making for customization decisions in Cerner EMR to capture clinical research data for Acorda’s neurological drugs in clinical research and post marketed product.
- Established laboratory and medication power orders to be ordered/build for specific clinical research protocol in clinical trials and communicate them to client hospital and clinics.
- Facilitated meetings with Clinical Investigators, nursing informatics committee and medical informatics committee to identify software functionality and build requirements.
- As per the clinical trial Protocol reviewed and edited requirement specifications.
- Provided input and guidance to identify system needs and deficiency and analyze system problems and solutions.
- Build Powerplans, Orders, PowerNote, Powerforms, including alpha billing forms.
- Developed materials for Powerforms and PowerNote customization and documentation of workflows.
- Created and maintenance of detailed test plans and integrated test scripts.
- Managed UAT - testing efforts with the end user departments and ensured issues are identified, tracked, reported and timely manner.
- Provided hospital client sites with pharmacy, laboratory and new orderable changes for both inpatient and ambulatory areas to collect clinical data.
- Assist Hospital nursing informatics committee and IT team with requirements and testing for documentation changes in EMR to capture adverse drug events/reactions as required by Acorda’s Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance committee.
- Coordinated programming, validation, and generation of reports for clinical data analysis, including US periodic reports, ICHs PSUR line listings, NDA and post marketed periodic reports.
- Ensured compliance with relevant policies and procedures of the FDA and foreign regulations.
- Followed ICH and GCP regulations for Drug Safety in Clinical Research.
- Produced MS project plans with schedule set key tasks & milestones, phases, resource allocation, duration and dependencies.
- Participate in Change Management meetings.
- Coordinated and managed the hospital and outpatient clinics Cerner EMR data to centralized database - InForm for analysis and reporting for adverse drug reactions/events in ARGUS.
Environment: ARGUS, Cerner, InForm, Oracle, SQL, ETL, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, MedDRA, WHODD, NDC, DRUG Database, Clinical Trails, FDA regulations, ICH and GCP.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Business System Analyst
- Worked for the business and system support for the development and maintenance of Web Portal Solutions and Enhancement of Data Warehouse objectives.
- Performed and managed analysis of the Business requirements, Functional requirements and test development.
- Performed requirement analysis and testing for several EDI X12 transactions like 837I/P, 270/271 and 835.
- Collaborated with the development team to ensure adherence to business requirements and UI design specifications.
- Identified initial Business Case requirements & other pre-project activities (e.g., high-level requirements, project scope, and objectives).
- Produced and reviewed data/information models and preliminary system architecture.
- Gathered Requirements to cover GAPs and added them to the Product Backlog.
- Performed UAT of new product features and raised defect tickets as needed.
- Configured various modules of application - Members Services and Provider services to meet the requirements.
- Apply project management and change management principles to create implementation project plans to achieve the organizational goals.
- Participated in prototype and simulations discussions to provide an accurate, graphical user interface representation, thereby facilitating successful solution design and development.
- Tracked and report weekly on percent complete, slippage, project effort and duration to complete and other key project metrics.
- Determined project roles of team members based on project requirements, timeframes and budget.
- Determined resource requirements (including staffing, software/hardware, and facilities) of projects, based on project.
- Consistently communicated status to Management, stakeholders & sponsors, update & distribute executive status reports, manage expectations, facilitate frequent status meetings.
- Maintained knowledge of the IT industry; analyze the abilities of tools and technologies, compare with the need of the business, then recommend potential solutions to management within the business.
- Created material for the end user and trained the end business and external users of the applications.
Environment: Quality Center, Oracle, SQL, ETL, Informatica, BI Dashboards, Business Objects Report, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Clear Quest