- 8+ years of experience in various phases of projects in Developing, Enhancing and Maintaining applications in industry verticals like Retail, Insurance, Banking, pharmaceutical, Insurance and Health Care domain using Informatica Power Center.
- Migration of Informatica Jobs from Dev, QA to Prod environments using Repository Manager.
- Involved in INFA Admin repository upgrade Activities and INFA Admin Support Activities.
- Proficiency in developing SQL with various relational databases like Netezza, Oracle, Teradata and SQL Server.
- Knowledge in Full Life Cycle development of Data Warehousing.
- Experience in all the phases of Data warehouse life cycle involving requirements gathering/analysis, design, development, validation & testing of Data warehouses using ETL, Data Modelling & Reporting tools.
- Good working knowledge in querying Salesforce.com database using SOQL & SOSL queries using Force.com Explorer & Workbench.
- Experience with dimensional modelling using star schema and snowflake models.
- Expedite in writing UNIX shell scripts to run the Informatica workflows and controlling the ETL flow.
- Vast experience in Designing and developing complex mappings from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Source Qualifier, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy etc.
- Have Good experience using scheduler tools like Tidal, Control - M and Autosys.
- Extensive experience in using Informatica (Power Center) for implementation of ETL methodology in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC), requirement analysis, design document, implementation, review specification, testing and maintenance of applications.
- Extensively worked on Dimensional modeling, Data migration, Data cleansing and Data Staging of operational sources using ETL processes and providing data mining features for DWH.
- Involved in Full Life Cycle Development of building a Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence concepts with emphasis on ETL using Informatica Power Center (Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager for scheduled workflows and Workflow Monitor).
- Solid understanding of OLAP concepts and challenges, especially with large data sets and documentation of OLAP reports requirements.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System study, Analysis and E-R modeling, developing database schemas like Star schema and Snowflake schema used in relational, dimensional and multidimensional data modeling.
- Performed the data profiling and analysis making use of Informatica Data Quality(IDQ).
- Developed technical design documents and mapping specifications to build Informatica mappings to load data into target tables adhering to the business rules.
- Experience in designing, developing and organizing complex Informatica mappings, sessions and workflows.
- Experience on SQL, PL/SQL in creating Views, functions, Triggers and Stored Procedures in Data Warehouse environments that employ Relational DB's like Oracle, DB2, SQL server & Teradata.
- Worked on Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD's) and its implementation to keep track of historical data.
- Proficient in Data Modeling using Erwin and Oracle designer tool for creating physical and logical data models. Managed ODBC connections in almost all the projects.
- Experience in writing/debugging/enhancing UNIX Shell Scripts, used for Informatica pre & post session operations.
- Experience in working with BI tools such as Cognos and Micro strategy, SSRS, SSAS.
- Actively involved in System analysis, Performance Tuning, Error handling, QA Testing and Production Support.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks, decisive with strong leadership qualities, flexible in work schedules and possess good communication skills.
Data Warehouse: Informatica Power Center Informatica Power Exchange, Informatica Data Quality Suite.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i, DB2, SQL server 2008R2/2012, MS Access and Teradata.
SQL Server Tools: SQL server Management Studio, SQL server Query Analyzer, SQL server mail service, SQL server profiler, Putty.
Web Technologies: MS FrontPage, MS Outlook Express, FTP, TCP/IP, LAN, PHP.
Confidential, San Jose, Ca
Sr. Informatica Powercenter Developer
- Assisted Business Analyst with drafting the requirements, implementing design and development of various components of ETL for various applications.
- Worked closely with ETL Architect and QC team for finalizing ETL Specification document and test scenarios.
- Extracted data from oracle database and spreadsheets, CSV files and staged into a single place and applied business logic to load them in the central oracle database.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings and Sessions based on user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Migration of code between the Environments and maintaining the code backups.
- Integration of various data sources like Oracle, SQL Server, Fixed Width & Delimited Flat Files, DB2.
- Involved in the Unit Testing and Integration testing of the workflows developed.
- Extensively worked with Korn-Shell scripts for parsing and moving files and even for re-creatingparameterfiles in post-session command tasks.
- Imported Source/Target Tables from the respective databases and created reusable transformations like Joiner, Routers, Lookups, Filter, Expression and Aggregator and created new mappings using Designer module of Informatica.
- Used the Address Doctor to validate the address and performed exception handling, reporting and monitoring the system. Created different rules as mapplets, Logical Data Objects (LDO), workflows. Deployed the workflows as an application to run them. Tuned the mappings for better performance.
- Working with database connections, SQL joins, cardinalities, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions, parsing of objects and hierarchies.
- Profiled data on Hadoop to understand the data and identify data quality issues
- Imported and exported data from relational databases to Hadoop Distributed file system-using Sqoop.
- Developed shell scripts for running batch jobs and scheduling them.
- Handling User Acceptance Test & System Integration Test apart from UnitTesting with the help of Quality Center as bug logging tool. Created & Documented Unit Test Plan (UTP) for the code.
- Involved in Production Support
Environment: Informatica Powercenter 9.6, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Unix and WINSCP, Bigdata Edition 9.6.1, Hadoop, HDFS, HIVE, Sqoop.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Informatica ETL Developer
- Analyzed source data and gathered requirements from the business users.
- Used Informatica Power Center for extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data in the data warehouse.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools to extract data from different sources from Flat files, Oracle, Teradata and finally loaded into OLAP.
- Extensively created almost all the transformations of Informatica by using Mapping Designer to load data from various sources, using different transformations like Normalizer, XML, connected and unconnected lookups, Stored Procedure, Java, and Update Strategy etc.
- Worked on Type1 and Type2 Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Analyzing the effective heavy duty data solutions for Database Archiving, Data Conversion and Batch Data interface using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Involved in writing Teradata BTEQ scripts to extract data and used mload and Fast export utilities.
- Worked exclusively with the Teradata SQL Assistant to interface with the Teradata.
- Created Mapplets using Mapplet Designer and used those Mapplets for reusable business process in development.
- Scheduled the SSIS packages to run Confidential different intervals to load the data.
- Used tools like SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor to find out performance issues with queries or Application.
- Performed Data Cleansing by creating TEMP tables to eliminate the dirty data using SSIS
- Extensively involved in Recovery process for capturing the incremental changes in the source systems for updating in the staging area and data warehouse respectively.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving applications with Informatica Debugger.
- Performed data validation by Unit Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing
- Involved in the scheduling of workflow through AutoSys and job scheduler using UNIX scripts.
- Coordinate with offshore teams to achieve the tasks.
- Involved in Informatica/ Teradata/ UNIX upgrade activities.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, Teradata13/12, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL,SSIS, SSRS SQL Loader, AutoSys, UNIX Shell Scripting..
Confidential, Brunswick, NJ
Informatica / ETL Developer
- Analyzed functional specifications and the business requirements of the project.
- Used Informatica PowerCenter Designer and used transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Filter, Router, Joiner, Sequence developer, Update Strategy, Lookup, Sorter, Aggregator, Normalizer, XML source Qualifier, Stored Procedure etc., for extraction, transformation and loading of data.
- Created new Pre-stage tables and staging tables for the data loads.
- Developed complex mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources.
- Created Stored procedures to use oracle generated sequence number in mappings instead to using Informatica Sequence generator.
- Created Rollback Stored Procedures to roll back data loaded.
- Created complex Mappings and implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3) for data loads.
- Created complex Mappings to implement data cleansing on the source data.
- Created Mappings to implement one time as well as Incremental loads and mappings to load historical Transactions.
- Extensively used Informatica debugger to eliminate the bottlenecks for optimum performance. Also, involved in troubleshooting existing ETL bugs.
- Used Mapping Variables, Mapping Parameters and Session Parameters to increase the re-usability of the Mapping.
- Implemented performance tuning logic on targets, sources, mappings, sessions to provide maximum efficiency and performance.
- Used Informatica Update Else Insert session property and Update Override extensively to improve the performance of the data loads.
- Developed Workflows using task developer, Worklet designer and workflow designer in Workflow manager and monitoring the results using workflow monitor.
- Created various batch shell scripts for scheduling various data cleansing scripts and loading process.
- Used Informatica Power Center Workflow manager to create sessions, workflows and batches to run with the logic embedded in the mapping.
- Created Technical Documentation for all the developed mappings for presentation with Business.
- Extensively used Erwin for Logical and Physical data modeling and designed Star Schemas.
- Created many IDQ mapplet for data cleansing, error logging, correcting data and finding duplicates.
- Worked closely with reporting team to generate various reports.
Environment: Informatica (Power Center Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor), SAP Business Objects, Oracle 11g, TOAD, PLSQL, SQL, CA7, ERWIN, IDQ.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Involved in all phases including Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing and Documentation.
- Translated the business processes into Informatica mappings.
- Responsible for coordinating development and testing efforts with offshore team members.
- Develop, test and maintain ETL procedures employing both ETL tools and custom PL/SQL.
- Participated in the development and maintenance of a Date Warehouse Routine Load Schedule.
- Involved in business requirements gathering to enable Data Integration across all business groups.
- Extensive involvement with the Quality Assurance team for building exhaustive set of test cases.
- Implemented logic to control job dependencies between the workflows solely through the use of event-raise and event-wait tasks and entries made by ETLs in pilot database tables.
- Used most of the transformations such as the Connected & Unconnected Lookups, Filters, Routers, Joiners, Stored Procedure transformations, Sequence Generators & Mapplets.
- Developed Informatica MDM solutions by analyzing Business and System requirements.
- Worked on making session runs more flexible using mapping parameters and variables by using parameter files and variable functions to manipulate them.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (Type-2).
- Identified and resolved the bottlenecks in source, target, transformations, mappings and sessions to improve performance.
- Experience in Informatica MDM Hub, Informatica Data Director, designing of Cleanse functions and Match rules, MDM User Exits.
- Extensively used Teradata utilities like Fast load, Multiload to load data into target database.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center Big Data Edition and involved in high-speed data ingestion and extraction.
- Performed the Unit and Integration Testing which validated that the data is mapped correctly which provides a qualitative check of overall data flow.
- Created and Documented ETL Test Plans, Test Cases, Expected Results, Assumptions and Validations.
- Prepared the coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures.
Environment: Informatica Power Center, Teradata V2R12/V2R6, Oracle 11, Toad, Shell Scripts, Autosys, Windows XP.
- Utilizing SSRS to develop and maintain reports in accordance with style, functional, and technical guidelines established.
- Assembling and converting user requirements from multiple clients into our standard reporting solution and customized specific client requests when necessary.
- Used Joins to combine multiple tables and use as dataset to create reports in SSRS.
- Creating chart reports in excel for ad-hoc reporting using pivot tables.
- Creating SSRS report model projects in BI/Visual studio
- Rendering reports in different formats like pdf, excel, to be executed automatically on weekly or monthly basis and manage subscriptions.
- Creating and managing databases including all SQL Server objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, etc., according to business requirements.
- Writing and maintaining T-SQL queries, views, functions, joins, and stored procedures used by reports according to the BRD (Business Requirements Document).
- Analyze data, discuss findings, and provide recommendations for new reports/dashboards.
- Optimizing queries and stored procedures to improve performance.
- Assisting business analyst with documentation of business requirements as needed.
Environment: SQL Server, Windows 2003, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, T-SQL, MS Excel
ETL Informatica Developer
- Designed and Developed mappings using different transformations like Source Qualifier, Expression, Lookup (Connected & Unconnected), Aggregator, Router, Rank, Filter and Sequence Generator.
- Created Update Strategy and Stored Procedure transformations to populate targets based on business requirements.
- Extensively used PL/SQL programming procedures, packages to implement business rules.
- Created and Configured Workflows, Worklets and Sessions to transport the data to target warehouse tables using Workflow Manager.
- Optimized the performance of the mappings by various tests on sources, targets and transformations. Developed Procedures and Functions in PL/SQL for ETL.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from source systems like Flat Files and Excel Files into staging tables and load the data into the target database Oracle.
- Used Update strategy and Target load plans to load data into Type-2 /Type1 Dimensions.
- Created and used reusable Mapplets and transformations.
- Improved performance by identifying the bottlenecks in Source, Target, Mapping and Session levels.
- Design and Developed pre-session, post-session routines and batch execution routines.
- Debugging and Trouble Shooting of Mappings.
Environment: TOAD, Informatica Power Center, Oracle.