- Over 8+ years of IT experience gathering requirements, documentation, developing, designing, testing, implementing, and deploying BI Solutions.
- Experience in Designing Data Marts using different multi - dimensional Modeling techniques such as Star Schema and Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables, Logical and Physical data modeling.
- 6 years of experience in MicroStrategy tool Suite (MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Administrator, MicroStrategy Architect, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy MDX Adapter/ OLAP Provider, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server).
- Around 4+ Experience in using MicroStrategy including installation and configuration of I-Server, Architect, Desktop, Web, OLAP Services, Report Services and Narrowcast Server.
- Experienced in Full Life Cycle (SDLC) development of software applications. Good knowledge of understanding business logic and converting functional requirements to technical requirements. Thorough knowledge of multiple RDBMS & ODBC concepts
- Extensively worked in creating and integrating MicroStrategy reports and objects (Attributes, Filters, Metrics, Facts, Prompts and Hierarchies) with the Data warehouse.
- Extensive experience in dealing with a variety of Relational Databases like Teradata, Oracle, DB2, and SQL server.
- Expert in Database development skills using SQL, PL/SQL, stored procedures, stored functions, packages and triggers.
- Expertise creating complex Reports in MicroStrategy Desktop using features like Templates, Custom groups and Consolidations.
- Strong VLDB/Optimization experience with database like Teradata, Oracle, Netezza, SQL server.
- Effectively managed the Narrowcast Server Environment for personalized Email distribution to the end user via e-mail client and attachment.
- Prepared Functional specifications, testing plans and procedures for user requirements.
- Expertise in using Microstrategy with Netezza, Oracle, Teradata, Sql server as data warehouse system.
- Strong presentation, analytical, multitasking, decision making, problem solving and excellent inter-personal skills.
Confidential, Abilene, TX
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer/admin
- Involved in the meetings with business users and data modelers to discuss and finalize the requirements.
- Involved in meeting with business users to sizing of reports and projects.
- Responsible to communicate client requirements to offshore team and review the offshore work before submitting to client.
- Created case documents to develop Sandboxes (Reports) and control Reports.
- Involved in migration of Actuate Information Objects, SSRS and SSAS Reports into Microstrategy reports.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling (Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema) DataArchitecture, Business and Data Analysis.
- Experience in Designing of Schema Objects like Attributes, Facts, Hierarchies and Transformations from data warehouse.
- Expertise in using Apply simple Function in Attributes to make manipulations in attribute elements.
- Developed Public Objects (Filters, Prompts, Metrics, Consolidations, Custom Groups, Templates and reports (Sandboxes)) on top of the Schema Objects.
- Involved in Creation of Simple metric, Compound metric, Derived Metric, Filter Metric and Transformation metric to meet end user requirements.
- Used Apply Simple and Apply Comparison functions to develop complex Filters and Transformations.
- Involved in setting of VLDB properties at report and Metric Levels to define outer joins between tables to get complete data from the required table and used different Query Optimization settings specific to database to improve performance of Query.
- Developed Freeform Sql Report with SQL queries in Microstrategy Desktop.
- Developed Logical Views with complex queries against data warehouse.
- Involved in moving the objects between two projects and two different environments by using Object Manager and Resolve conflicts between environments by using conflicts resolution window.
- Create implementation plan document while sand boxes (Reports) are moving from DEV to QA and QA to Prod Environment.
- Planning and Design narrowcast development.
- Developed document, Grids & Graphs and dashboards for Microstrategy Mobile Application for Ipad and IPhone.
- Used Enterprise Manager to view report statistics, top 10 reports and top 10 Users.
- Involved in creation of Users/User Groups and assigning privilege through User Manager using administration.
- Involved in unloading and reloading of projects through project monitor and check user connections through User Connection Monitor using administration.
- Used SDK for web customization
- Extensively usedmicrostrategy report Services to generate reportDocuments
- Created dashboard reports in Interactive and Flash Mode by using Selector, Sliders and Widgets to view selected data.
- Involved in creating summary reports and detail reports by pointing summary level tables and detail level tables in database level.
- Created Logical Views, intelligent cubes to improve performance of reports.
- Involved in preparing test plans, test conditions for sandboxes (Reports) upload test conditions into the quality center and pass those conditions into the Test Lab.
- Experience in data validation of reports by using hierarchies as well as Sql Queries. we have used SDKcustomization with external database approach.
Environment: Microstrategy Architect, Desktop Reports, Microstrategy Mobile Application for Ipad and IPhone, Web Intelligence Reports, Report Services, Administration, Dashboards, Scan MD, Enterprise Manager, Object Manager, Oracle, Toad
Confidential, Bedford, NH
MicroStrategy Report Developer/admin
- Implemented the Full Life Cycle of the project. Started with gathering requirements from the users and documenting the specifications.
- Created the Report Specification document and had it signed of, after suggesting some useful alterations.
- Analyzed the source system data. The source was an off the shelf database management system, CATALYST.
- Expertise in migrating object from development, QA and production using object Manager.
- Was part of the team that designed the Data Mart for the distribution center.
- Used Erwindata modeler for designing the data mart.
- Utilized Eclipse to test the function of Microstrategy Web based on Web SDK
- Created Reports in MicroStrategy Desktop and Web according the business requirements.
- Responsible for coming up with the logic for creating the counts the users needed for the reports.
- Involved in and provided solutions for complex Time Dimension related issues and analysis.
- Created transformations using transformations by tables for YTD, MTD and WTD analysis.
- Created Dashboard for Corporate Financial Forecasting
- Used Fact and Attribute creating wizards both in and outside the project creation wizard for creating facts and attributes in bulk.
- Created Various microstrategy objects such as Metrics, Filters, Prompts, Custom Groups, Consolidation and created drill maps to obtain aggregated results.
- Used Cartons, Location and Time Dimensions to forecast the rack utilization for different seasons.
- Worked on MSTR mobile Dash boards.
- Created complex metrics forcing dimensionality and conditionality.
- Created Complex filters with advanced qualifications involving the 'Apply' functions.
- Used MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server to monitor the business data and alert the users to unexpected exceptions and trends.
- Created documents with both Grids and graphs as per user requirements.
- Provided support to consultants, Technical Support engineers in creating and troubleshooting Microstrategy SDK customizations.
- Created and customized complex Graphs.
- Tested all the reports by running queries against the warehouse-using TOAD. Also compared those queries with the MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
- Reduced the time taken for the reports to run by taking advantages of VLDB properties like star join, query and sub query optimizations for oracle 9i and SQL hints
- Played a key role in User Acceptance Testing of the reports.
Environment: MicroStrategy, Oracle 9i/10g, TOAD, Windows 2008
Confidential, West Bend, WI
- Worked with client to gather requirements and prepared technical specifications.
- Created Star schema to develop the data mart in the data warehouse.
- Communicate offshore working team to explain client requirements and develop reports.
- Involved in creation of schema objects attributes, facts, hierarchies and transformations for development of application objects on top of it.
- Involved in creation of advanced metrics like Conditional, Level, Non-Aggregation, Rank and Transformation Metrics.
- Created three types of reports to show the users - enterprise reports, dashboard analysis reports, ad-hoc reports.
- Created filters, prompts for creation of Microstrategy reports.
- Applied My Ps to make changes at project level and Desktop Ps to make changes for all projects of Desktop.
- Involved in development interactive dashboards and scorecards for high level management.
- Optimized query performance by updating VLDB (very large database) properties and by modifying cache behavior.
- Involved in importing LADP Users and user groups into Microstrategy metadata.
- Customized the drilling options specific to the reports using drill map editor to give access to more detailed and supplemental information.
- Involved in trouble shooting report results by using administration.
- Involved in customization of web pages and home pages by Java.
- Involved in monitor the statistics about objects, reports, and user sessions by using Enterprise Manager.
- Extensively used OLAP services to Optimized Memory Use and Improve performance of the query.
- Used Microstrategy Web to offer interactive reporting to the end users through a web browser
- Created services using subscriptionsets, schedules, information objects.
- Unit tested the reports developed by the other developers.
Environment: Desktop Reports, Web Reports, Architect, Narrowcast Server, OLAP Services, Dashboards, Java, MS SQL Server 2000, T-SQL, Access 2000
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
- Designed and Developed Reports with challenging requirements which are used to dramatically improve user adoption & E-portal.
- Created MicroStrategy Schema objects and Application objects using MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Created Metrics, Prompts, Filters, and Custom Groups for the report development.
- Prompts were used to create reports that allowed users to change the report content at run time.
- Performed a 24 x 7 Production Support for the end users using MicroStrategy Web, Desktop & Narrowcast server.
- Created Logical views in MicroStrategy for complex report creation situations simulating existing legacy reporting stored procedures.
- Using Transaction services enabled documents to update data.
- Used free form SQL editor for complex report creation.
- Used apply functions like apply simple to meet the report requirements wherever necessary.
- Created adhoc reports in grid, graph mode, consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters, using MicroStrategy Desktop and Web.
- Worked and coordinated with the QA team for UAT.
Environment: (Administrator, Web, Desktop, Object Manager, MicroStrategy Broadcaster, Enterprise Manager), Oracle 9i, SQL Server, Windows XP Professional 2003.
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Worked with BI team analysts to come up with the High priority reports for go live.
- Worked closely with the ETL developers to develop new MSTR attributes.
- Extensively used filters, prompts, consolidations and custom groups to generate canned reports and ad hoc reports.
- Created new Dashboards that are critical for the go live week so that leadership won't miss any important information.
- Set up user-friendly web options such as hierarchical browsing, as 90% of the end users access the tool through MicroStrategy Web.
- Worked on advanced VLDB settings to achieve execution efficiency and to meet reporting requirements.
- Led the overall project testing effort during multiple integration testing phases.
- Created queries for all the objects to validate data going into DW is following all the rules.
- Provided for end users in MSTR reporting.
- Participated in review, sign-off and communication of all changes or modifications to reports.
- Analyzed and developed partitioning and indexing strategies for performance improvement.
- Worked on Change control, attending the CAB meetings and laying out the important changes to the organization.
- Worked with end users to improve the new reports and make additional changes as required.
- Prepared personalized reports to end-users by including page-by and thresholds.
- Validated end user report requests using SQL and MicroStrategy tools.
- Configure reports for end users in Desktop, MicroStrategy Web, and Narrowcast Server.
- Create Dashboards and Documents using Flex, Flash and Widgets.
- Created the Data mart reports based on specific requirements and running the existing Data mart reports for weekly and monthly loads.
- Involved in Developing Reports by using Free Hand SQL Queries in MicroStrategy Desktop.
- Creation of Intelligent I-cubes and sharing to reduce the database load and decreasing the report execution time by using the cube services.
- Created ad-hoc reports by drilling up, down, within and across Hierarchies.
- Designed Components, Templates, Filters to generate Reports in grid and graph mode.
- Auto prompt filter feature gave end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Created transformations (Table Based and Expression Based) for ITD (Inception to date), YTD (Year to date), QTD (Quarter to date), MTD (Month to date) and WTD (Week to date) analysis.
- Involved in creation of Data mart Reports, Partition Mappings and Aggregate tables to improve performance of reports.
- Involved in optimization of code and tuning queries for performance.
- Applied Teradata Application Utilities and Teradata SQL. Also Fine-tuned SQL using Teradata.
Environment: Architect, Desktop, Narrowcast Server, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager) MicroStrategy Narrowcast server, OLAP, Windows, Microstrategy Dashboard, Teradata, SQL 2005.
- Responsible for gathering and refining business requirements from the business users.
- Developing Multidimensional Model (Logical Model) by studying the source systems and business requirements.
- Implemented different Schemas (Star and Snow Flake) to fit reporting, query and business analysis requirements.
- Created the Metadata and Statistic tables for the project on Oracle database.
- Architecting the MicroStrategy Projects which involved in creating the Attributes, Facts and Hierarchies.
- Responsible for creating Metrics, Filters, Custom Groups, Prompts using MicroStrategy Desktop and Web.
- Involved in troubleshooting MicroStrategy prompts, filter, template, consolidations, and custom group objects in an enterprise data warehouse team environment.
- Exploited the use of Analytical Engine bypass functions like Apply Simple & Apply Comparison effectively whenever necessary.
- Created different Transformations to get the last year actual transactions, week to day, week to period, week to quarter, and week to year and effectively used them with the metrics.
- Optimized Query Performance by using VLDB settings.
- Developed XSL style sheets to match the corporate standards for reporting.
- Configured the Intelligence Server and pointed the database instances in both development & Production environments.
- Modeling and populating the business rules using mappings into the Repository for Meta Data management.
- Maintained warehouse metadata, naming standards and warehouse standards for future application development.
Environment: MicroStrategy Desktop MicroStrategy Intelligence Server, MicroStrategy Web, Informatica, Sql Server, Oracle
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes
- Sr. ETL Developer / Data warehouse Developer / Informatica lead Resume Carmel, IN
- Sr. Informatica Developer Resume Charlotte, North Carolina
- Sr. Informatica Developer/ Analyst Resume New York, NY
- Sr. Hadoop/ Bigdata Engineer Resume Emeryville CA
- Sr. Informatica Developer/Snowflake Developer Resume Peoria, IL