Sr. Informatica / Teradata Developer. Resume
- Over 8 years of experience in the IT industry with extensive skill set dedicated to business and System Analysis, Data Modelling, Data warehousing on Client Server and Web - Enabled Systems, which includes Development and Implementation of Data Warehouse applications using ETL tool INFORMATICA.
- Experience in the Implementation of full lifecycle inData warehouse, Operational Data Store(ODS) and BusinessData martswithDimensional modelingtechniquesStar SchemaandSnow flake SchemausingKimballandInmonmethodologies.
- Extensively worked on Repository Manager, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Designer to develop Mappings, Mapplets, Reusable Transformations, Tasks and Workflows, Worklets to extract, transform and load data.
- Strong Experience in Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from different heterogeneous source systems like Flat files (Fixed width & Delimited), XML Files, COBOL files, VSAM, IBM DB2 UDB, Excel, Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server and Teradata.
- Strong Working Experience with various clients ranging from Telecom, Health Care,Financial, Life-Sciences (Pharma) related industries.
- Strong knowledge of OBIEE as a Business Intelligence tool and Data Extraction using Informatica as ETL tool.
- Experience in writing PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers and Performance Tuning.
- Sound Knowledge and experience in Metadata, Relational Data modelling and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Strong experiencein Dimensional Modelling using Star and Snow Flake Schema, Identifying Facts and Dimensions, Physical and logical data modelling using ERwin and ER-Studio.
- Worked in Implementing the Parallel Processing for increasing the performance.
- Experience in scheduling of ETL jobs using Crontab, Control-M,WLM.
- Knowledge in developing reports using Business Intelligence tools like Business Objects and Cognos.
- Hands on experience in using complex mappings using Expressions, Joiners, Routers, Lookups, and Update strategy, Source Qualifiers, Aggregators to develop and load data in to different target types.
- Good exposure inInformatica MDMwhere data Cleansing, De-duping and Address correction.
- Expertise on tools likeToad, Autosys, and SQL Server Management Studio. Involved in Unit testing, Functional testing and User Acceptance testing on UNIXandWindowsEnvironment.
- Good knowledge in interacting withInformatica Data Explorer (IDE), and Informatica Data Quality (IDQ) and B2B data transformation.
- Expertise in working with relational databases such as Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8x, SQL Server 2008/2005, MS Access and Teradata.
- Experience using Teradata utilities BTEQ, FastLoad, MultiLoad, FastExport, Tpump, SQL Assistant, SQL Administrator.
- Experienced in root-cause analysis by de-bugging given mappings, mapplets and work flows of given ETL transformations
- Experience in resolving on-going maintenance issues and bug fixes, monitoring Informatica sessions as well as performance tuning of mappings and sessions.
- Experience in the full-cycle software development including requirements gathering, prototyping, and proof of concept, design, documentation, implementation, testing, maintenance and production support.
- A highly motivated self-starter and a good team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
ETL tools: Informatica Power center 9.5.1/9.1/8.6/8.1 (Source Analyzer, Mapping Designer, Mapplet, Transformations, Workflow Monitor, Workflow Manager), Informatica data quality, B2B Transformation.
Scheduling Tool: Control M, Crontab, Autosy, WLM.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, Teradata
OLAP Tools: Cognos 8.0/8.1/8.2/8.4/7.0, Business Objects XI r2/6.x/5.x.
BI TOOL: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 10.1.3.4.1, OBIA Apps 22.214.171.124.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, Teradata SQL.
Operating systems: Windows 2000/07/NT/XP, UNIX (Sun-Solaris, HP/UX), LINUX.
Scripting languages: UNIX Scripting.
Packages: SQL* PLUS, Toad 7.x, SQL Developer
Web technologies: HTML, DHTML
Applications: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
Sr. Informatica / Teradata Developer.
- Handled multiple projects simultaneously with different subject areas.
- Played lead developer role in the process of handling and Claims project.
- Worked on TD SQL Assistant to analyze the data and write the new logic for our requirement to handle multiple issues in decommissioning projects.
- Developed scripts mostly using BTEQ, FLOAD and MLOAD.
- Design ETL mappings to extract, cleanse, transform and load into Target database.
- Hands on experience with all the process related document work from approach document till handover.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center Designer for creating new mapping, workflows to load the history data to the landing zone.
- Analyzing the existing mappings, workflows and modify them to meet the next release requirements.
- Provided warranty support after the release.
- Created Mappings and used transformations like Source Qualifier, Filter, Update Strategy, Lookup, Router, Joiner, Normalizer, Aggregator, Sequence Generator and Address validator.
- Applied various performance tuning techniques to meet the coding standards of Anthem.
- Performed CAT, DBQL code assessment logs to check the BTEQ’s are error free for production environment.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes using Informatica.
- Developed several generic Informatica jobs which can be reused for several processes.
- Created sessions, worklets, workflows for the mapping to run daily, biweekly and monthly based on the business requirements.
- Created Connected, Unconnected and Dynamic Lookup transformations for better performance.
- Developed complex mapping logic using various transformations like Expression, Lookups (Connected and Unconnected) Joiner, and Filter, Sorter, Router, Update strategy, Aggregator, SQL, Xml, and Normalizer.
- Worked with ETL Migration Team and Migrated Informatica folders from Dev to Test repository and from Test to Prod Repository.
- Performed Informatica Folder/Object Level Migration using Repository Manager.
- Extracted data from Flat files, DB2, COBOL, SQL and Oracle to build an Operation Data Source. Applied business logic to load the data into Global Data Warehouse.
- Performed Unit Testing in Dev & Testing environment for the logic written in BTEQ scripts.
- Handled spool space and other issues by tuning the query, creating GTT/volatile tables.
- Involved in Design, develop and Test process for validation data prior to loading into the EDWARD
- Updated numerous BTEQ/SQL scripts, making appropriate DDL changes and completed unit test.
- Involved in writing views based on user and/or reporting requirements.
- Involved in full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Business Requirements Analysis, preparation of Technical Design documents, Data Analysis, Logical and Physical database design, Coding, Testing, Implementing, and deploying to business users.
- Wrote Unix Shell Scripts to process the data received from source system on daily basis.
- Prepared TDD, LOE approach document, handover document etc till the end of release.
- Writing SQL Scripts to extract the matching data from Test/Prod Database and for Unit Testing Purposes.
- In ANTHEM, we have onsite/offshore co-ordination for few projects. I have been co-ordinating with offshore and also on-site with users and Business analysts.
- Handled with different teams for the migrations. Worked very close to Production Control team and WLM team and Control M team and also Release teams.
- Involved in DB objects migration/ unix and infa components migrations.
- Involved in Analysis and requirement gathering for the BSD preparation.
- Also helped in testing team as well. Worked as a tester for few projects. Prepared the test plan and test cases for different subject area testings like functional testing and regression testing.
- Worked on baselining and staging the components.
- Woked on DRY run the components and also used generic jobsets as well.
- Involved in DRI loads for the different Projects.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5, Teradata 14/13.10, Unix, Oracle 10g, WLM, ClearCase, SQL Assistant, Unix Shell Scripting, Citrix ETL/ELT.
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Sr. Informatica/Teradata Developer
- Study business application to understand the clients existing systems and gather requirements accordingly.
- Analyzing business requirement and translating them into Technical details required for development of the project.
- Extracted data from flat files, DB2, Oracle to Teradata Warehouse.
- Worked with MLOAD, FASTLOAD, TPUMP and BTEQ utilities of Teradata for faster loading and to improve the performance.
- Creation of customized Mload scripts on UNIX platform for Teradata loads
- Written several Teradata BTEQ scripts to implement the business logic.
- Created Test tables and worktables on development and production on Teradata.
- Worked extensively with the Teradata Queryman to interface with the Teradata.
- Involved in analysis, design and development of ELDM and ABC model.
- Develop informatica mappings, sessions, workflows on Informatica power center 9.5.1
- Developed mappings using transformations like XML parser, normalizer, source qualifier, union, router, aggregator, connected/unconnected lookup, filter, update strategy.
- Used pushdown optimization techniques for better performance.
- Develop and maintain BTEQ scripts.
- Develop and maintain Shell scripts in unix to setup environmental variables and run the informatica jobs with restartability features
- Used the pre and post session commands to call BTEQs
- Worked on type 1 and type 2 SCDs
- Monitoring of applications and scheduled jobs on Maestro scheduling tool
- Resolution of service requests reported by application users
- Provided enhancements to existing functionalities
- Used the debugger to analyse dataflow and fix complex mappings.
- Involved in the release management process to push the code from development to production environment.
- Used Serena dimensions as the tool for release management and version control.
- Interaction with business users for requirement clarification and resolution of problems reported.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, Teradata, Flat files, XML, UNIX, SQL Assistant, Serena Dimensions, HP Service manager, Quality Center.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
- Responsible for requirement definition and analysis in support of Data Warehousing efforts.
- Worked with lead Business analyst to identify the source systems.
- Used Talend Data profiler to do the data profiling.
- Worked with the Data Modeler during the designing of Logical and physical models.
- Worked with client team while designing requirements document.
- WroteTeradata Macrosand used various Teradataanalytic functions.
- Good knowledge on Teradata Manager, TDWM, PMON, DBQL, SQL assistant and BTEQ.
- Knowledge in performance tuning and query optimization of the Teradata SQLs
- Performed Data cleansing and data scrubbing on the source systems.
- Informatica Data Explorer (IDE) was used for data profiling and Informatica Data Quality(IDQ) was used for data quality measurement.
- Implemented transformations on the source systems as per requirements and loaded them into a Landing zone.
- Extensively used ETL Tool Informatica to load data from Flat Files to landing tables in SQL server.
- Worked with the client to perform extensive validation of landing tables.
- Implemented Star schema for this Data Warehouse.
- Developed ETL mappings, transformations using Informatica PowerCenter 9.1/9.5.1 to load the data from landing tables to Dimension tables.
- Implemented Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCD-2) for loading the dimension tables.
- Developed mappings to load the data into Fact Tables.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping Designer, Transformation Developer, Informatica Repository Manager and Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Responsible for error handling using Session Logs, Reject Files, and Session Logs in the Workflow Monitor.
- Developed and tested all the Informatica mappings and update processes.
- Extensively worked with the Debugger for handling the data errors in the mapping designer.
- Hands on experience with mappings from varied transformation logics like Unconnected and Connected Lookups, Router, Aggregator, Filter, Joiner, Update Strategy.
- Created events and tasks in the work flows using workflow manager.
- Created sessions and arranged them in various workflows in the workflow manager.
- Responsible for tuning ETL procedures to optimize load and query Performance.
- Created Pre/Post Session/SQL commands in sessions and mappings on the target instance.
- Worked closely with business analysts and gathered functional requirements. Designed technical design documents for ETL process.
- Developed Unit test cases and Unit test plans to verify the data loading process.
Environment: Informatica - Power Center 9.5.1/9.1, SQL Server 2008 R2, Teradata 13/12, Talend Data Profiler, IDQ, IDE and Windows XP.
Confidential: Irvine, CA
- Created complex Informatica mappings using various transformations like Aggregator, Stored Procedure, SQL Transformation, Lookups, Normalizer transformation, mapplet, using Informatica designer.
- Customization of OOTB SDE, OOTB SIL mappings as per the requirement
- Worked with different source systems like Oracle, SQL Server, Flat Fles (Delimited, Fixed width)
- Worked on identifying performance bottlenecks and applied Performance tuning at mapping, session, database level to improve ETL load run times.
- Developed UNIX Shell scripts to automate ETL load processes
- Used Debugger to validate Mappings by creating break points to analyze and monitor Data flow.
- Performed Informatica Administrative activities like creating Integration Services,
- Repositories, user accounts, groups, Folder and maintaining them.
- Involved in upgradation of Informatica 8.6 to Informatica 9.1.
- Creating Subject areas, Execution plans and scheduling them in DAC.
- Maintaining and monitoring Full and Incremental loads through DAC on different environments and handling the failures
- Involved in creating ETL test plans, test cases and reviewing with QA team.
- Providing QA support for ETL testing, defect tracking, fixing and played an active role in product rollouts.
- Resolved many production issues relating to code, mapping errors and data issues
- Involved in developing the OBIEE Metadata Repository (.rpd) using OBIEE Admin tool by importing the required objects with integrity constraints into Physical Layer using connection pool, developing Logical & Facts / Measures objects in Business Model Layer, and creating the Presentation catalogs in Presentation Layer.
- Involved in Reports / Dashboards creation with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down / Dynamic, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with global and local Filters) using OBIEE Presentation Services.
- Informatica B2B Data Transformation supports transformations and mappings, via XML, PDF, HTML ofmost healthcare industry standards.
- Prepared Detail Design Documents, mapping specifications and Run books..
- Meetings with business representatives/users for gathering the reports/dash board requirements.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1/8.6/8.1, Oracle 11g/10g, DAC 10.1.3, OBIEE, UNIX, Windows, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Server 2008
Confidential: St. Louis, MO
Senior Informatica Developer
- Configure database and ODBC connectivity to various source/target databases.
- Extracted and Processed data from various sources like Flat Files and Relational Databases.
- Responsible to interact with Informatica Administrators to create and maintain each PowerCenter instance.
- Worked with end users to understand the Business Requirements and Business Rules and Design the specifications accordingly.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings and sessions based on business user requirements and business rules
- Improved the Informatica Mappings and Session performance by eliminating extensive cache usage transformations, modifying session properties and partitioning the mapping.
- Improved the Informatica Session performance by introducing the concept of Initial and Incremental sessions, with Incremental workflows not caching the lookup tables.
- Involved in Optimizing the Performance by eliminating Target, Source, Mapping, and Session bottlenecks.
- Worked with Oracle DBA for loading data into tables, using Oracle GoldenGate for near-real time Change Data Capture.
- Created mappings to read from Flat files, RDBMS and to load into RDBMS tables
- Involved in Data model reviews and validated the tables, columns and data types to meet the requirements.
- Creating source and target table definitions using Informatica Designer.
- Used Error Handling Mapplet to capture error data into PMERR tables for handling nulls, analysis and error remediation Process.
- Documented the workflow dependencies and ordering for Autosys job scheduling process.
- Used Autosys Job Scheduling software for batch Scheduling.
- Interacted with the FA/SME to gather requirements, plan, build, test, deploy, document and apply business rules.
- Assisted data modeler in creating physical and logical models.
- Extensively used Source qualifier, Aggregator, Filter, Joiner, Expression, lookup, Router, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy, Union and SQL transformations to create mappings
- Finalized the loading procedures, defined dependencies among workflows and sessions
- Worked with FAs/SMEs on analyzing various legacy data issues, capturing the error data and the impact of error data on business.
- Worked with the Oracle database Administrator for creating /Mapping tables and loading /dummy data, adding/dropping constraints, indexes and columns.
- Involved in Preparation of Unit Test Plans and testing with the same.
- Worked with the Testers in writing Test cases and Validated Test Cases prepared by them.
- Migrated Informatica code from Dev to QA and worked with QA team in fixing the data/code related bugs.
- Documented the complete ETL Process along with the Source-Target Matrix documentation and Performance Issues
Environment: Informatica 8.6.1(Power Center), Repository Manager, Oracle 11g, MS-WORD, Excel, Visio, Toad 10.5, SQL Developer 2.1.1, WinSCP 4.2.8, Oracle GoldenGate 11g, SQL*Plus, Autosys.
- Involved in design and development of Business Requirements in liaison to business users and Technical teams by gathering requirement specification documents and identifying data sources and targets
- Analyzed application requirements and provided recommended design and Studied the current system to understand the existing data structures
- Participated actively in user meetings and collected requirements from users
- Used Informatica Power Center 8.1 for extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of data in the Data Warehouse and used velocity methodology
- Designed, developed and documented several mappings to extract the data from Flat files and Relational sources
- Performed ETL into ORACLE Data Warehouse using Informatica Mappings including transformations Aggregator, Joiner, Lookup (Connected & Un-conneted), Filter, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure, Router, Expression, Sql and Sorter
- Involved in design and development of ad-hoc data load or business critical code enhancement
- Worked on stored procedures, functions, views. Developed data Mappings between source systems and warehouse components
- Created workflows and tested mappings and workflows in development, test and in Production environment.
- Developed re-usable transformations, mappings and mapplets confirming to the business rules
- Used Debugger to test the mappings and fix the bugs.
- Actively involved in Performance improvements of Mapping and Sessions and fine-tuned all transformations
- Performed Informatica code Migration from Development/ QA/ Production and fixed and solved mapping and workflow problems
- Developed and maintained optimized SQL queries in the Data Warehouse
Environment: Informatica 8.1.1, Unix Scripting, Toad, Oracle 11g, Sql, Pl/sql, Business Objects XI, Data Analyzer
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes