Obia Developer Resume
- More than 6 years of experience in databases, data warehousing, ETL & Reporting projects using OBIEE, Informatica Power Center, Oracle SQL, and Flat files.
- Proficiency in the data analysis for source and target systems and excellent understanding of Data Warehousing concepts, Staging tables, Dimensions, Facts and Star Schema.
- Excellent aptitude in OBI business model development with various functionalities like Dimensions, Hierarchies, Measures, Aggregation Rules, Time Series, Caching & Mapping.
- Experience in creating reports with various analytic views, filters, dashboards etc catalog objects.
- Implemented OBIEE Security with data level and object level authorization and with LDAP authentication.
- Experience with development of ETL mappings, mapplets, sessions & workflows using Power Center Designer, Workflow Manager and Repository Manager.
- Worked with Informatica Power Center Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Normalizer, Joiner, Update Strategy, Sorter and Sequence Generator etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of ETL, Reports, SQL statements.
- Sound knowledge of analyzing SQL & development of PL/SQL procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills as experience troubleshooting data quality/data integrity issues.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work effectively in teams and as well as independently.
- Experience in interacting with end users, Project Managers and Senior Management to gather requirements, performing gap analysis and translating them into technical specifications & designing solutions.
- Excellent analytical, communication & presentation skills with clear understanding of business process flow and keen on quality deliverables.
- Inquisitive for detail and has flair for quick learning and adaptive to new & challenging technological environments.
Technology: Data Warehousing, Data Integration, ETL, Business Intelligence
ETL Tools: Informatica PowerCenter 7.1.x/8.x/9.x
Reporting Tools: OBIEE 11g, MS Excel, exposure to Tableau.
Databases: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2000/2005, Flat files
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/NT/ME/CE/XP, UNIX, Linux.
Confidential, Florida, FL
- Involved in all phases of project from requirement gathering to delivery and testing of OBIEE reports.
- Performed gap analysis of the requirements to come up with necessary customizations for procurement spend & financial subject areas.
- Worked on modifying Metadata repository (.rpd), configuring metadata in the Business Model Layer, Physical Data Model and Web Catalog Objects as per the reporting requirements using OBIEE Admin and Web tool
- Designed Star - Schema using Facts, Dimensions and Alias tables to bring new required columns in to Reports.
- Created dimension hierarchies, aggregates, and logical sources in the BMM layer.
- Worked on repository variables, session variables and initialization blocks.
- Developed different kinds of Reports (pivots, charts, tabular) with Drill downs, using global and local Filters, Prompts (both Dashboard and Page).
- Developed and modified mappings, mapplets in Informatica to extract purchasing, GL & workforce profile data from PeopleSoft and to load into Oracle Business Analytics warehouse.
- Developed ETL mappings using update strategy to load type 2 slowly changing dimensions.
- Created new Tasks and included in subject area and in DAC Execution plans.
- Implemented OBIEE data level and object level Security with LDAP authentication.
- Involved in Unit Testing, Validating Reports and production support.
Environment: OBIA 126.96.36.199, OBIEE 188.8.131.52.0, Informatica 9.5, Oracle 11g, DAC, PeopleSoft 9.1, Linux.
Data warehouse & Reporting Analyst
- Understand the business reporting requirements for campaign management application
- Study and analysis of the mapping document indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required, business rules to be applied, target tables, columns and data types.
- Creation of technical design, mapping specifications for ETL & reporting subject area development.
- Developed ETL mappings using Informatica transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner and Lookup, Filter, and Update strategy to load the data into Campaign data mart.
- Created & modified business model & mapping content and presentation subject area in the OBI Repository.
- Created reports & dashboards with tabular, pivot and graph reports using the metrics and dimensions from campaign presentation subject area.
- Performed unit testing and participated in end to end testing of the reports on the dashboards.
- Performance tuning of the reports including analysis of physical SQL.
- Supported the system in production and worked on enhancement requests.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1, OBIEE 11g, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2000, Flat Files.
- Participated in meetings, gathered business requirements & specifications for the Data-warehouse design. Translated the user inputs into ETL design.
- Analysis of the requirements and documentation of technical data mapping specifications for ETL development.
- Developed ETL mappings to extract data from various sources such as relational databases, flat files using Source Qualifier and joiner transformations.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures to perform updates to the notification tables based on complex business logic.
- Created SQL scripts to update the notification tables in database.
- Developed exception mappings to log and reprocess the exceptions during the data loads.
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
- Unit testing including debugging, troubleshooting the anomalies in data loads using Infromatica Debugger.
- Addressed performance issues with long running ETL mappings by fine tuning source queries, adjusting DTM buffer sizes, increasing Lookup spaces and creating indices etc.
- Participated in System Integration testing, functional testing support and worked on bugs identified.
- Preparation of migration documents for deployment of the ETL into QA & production environments.
Environment: - Informatica PowerCenter 8.x/9.x, Oracle 11g, TOAD, Flat Files, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting and JMS.
- Responsible for building dimension tables and fact tables for the target Data Warehouse and created DDL and DML scripts for all stage & target tables.
- Developed PL/SQL procedures for processing business logic in the database.
- Constructed ETL mappings using Informatica to extract data from PMM source system and Flat Files and to load in to Oracle based Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Extensively used the transformations Source Qualifier, EXP, Filter, AGG, LKP, UPD, Joiner, Sorter and Router to create mappings.
- Created reusable transformations and used in different mappings.
- Created sessions and workflows using Workflow Manager.
- Performed Data validations, Unit Testing and preparation of Unit test cases.
- Improved the data load speeds by identifying & eliminating bottlenecks at various stages of ETL mappings.
- Documented the new and existing mappings as per the design standards followed in the project.
- Supported the deployment of ETL mappings into production environment.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6/8.1, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g.
- Participated in joint analysis & design sessions designing inbound and outbound ETL interfaces.
- Wrote technical interface specifications to create new mappings and modify existing mappings based on functional specifications to meet business requirements.
- Developed the mappings for staging tables using Informatica to load data from various source into FIS system.
- Worked with Informatica Designer to develop mappings using Source Qualifier, Joiner, Update Strategy, Lookup, Rank, Expression, Aggregator and Sequence Generator transformations.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in PL/SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
- Extensively used mappings/mapplets, reusable transformations, reusable tasks, and reusable worklets.
- Created sessions and workflows using Workflow Manager.
- Worked with DBA’s to create tables, indexes and referential constraints.
- Involved in addressing issues with invalid mappings, testing of Stored Procedures and Functions, Testing of Informatica sessions, workflows and the Target data.
- Monitored the workflow runs using Workflow Monitor.
Technology: Informatica Power Center 7.1.4, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, Flat Files
Software Programmer Trainee
- Analyzed and understood the database requirements of the project.
- Designed & developed tables, indexes and constraints using SQL*Plus and loaded data into the database using SQL*Loader.
- Involved in writing stored procedures, Triggers, PL/SQL packages.
- Involved in testing, implementation & maintenance.
- Documented the project work and worked along with other team members.
Environment: Oracle 9i, TOAD, PL/SQL, Microsoft Office.
Intern SQL Developer
- As a SQL developer in Oracle Academy program, my responsibilities include loading, updating and maintain a payroll application database
- Loaded and updated employees, jobs, and their payroll information into database
- Documented and maintained database system specifications, relational integrity and data models.
- Identified data issues and developed data update scripts and procedures.
Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL Plus, Win NT, Window-XP/98
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes