- Around 9 years of technical proficiency and IT hands on experience in Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Data Integration, Operational Data Stores and ETL processes using Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, 8.6, 7,and 6.
- Experience in all phases of Data warehouse development using Data warehouse Application Console (DAC) from requirements gathering for the data warehouse to generating reports to business users.
- Hands on experience in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) agile, waterfall
- Good experience in writing SQL Joins, Unions & Nested Queries
- Experience in writing SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Views, and Indexes.
- Worked extensively with slowly changing dimensions.
- Expertise in working with relational databases such as Oracle 10g/9i/8x, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , DB2 8.0/7.0, MS Access and Teradata.
- Worked extensively on SQL*LOADER to load Data from external files to Oracle Database.
- Strong business understanding and knowledge of Extraction, Transformation and Loading of data from Flat files, Excel, XML, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server.
- Proficiency in implementing complex business rules by creating Mapping, Maplet, Sessions and Workflows, Worklets using Informatica Power Center
- Expertise in creating maximum complex mapping and mapplet using Informatica 9.1, 8.6, 7 and 6.
- Strong knowledge and experience in interacting with Oracle, XML, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata databases with SQL/PL SQL programming
- Experience in writing UNIX shell scripts
- Experience in working in short deadlines as well as changing environment, worked in a super - fast environment and multitasking, self-motivated, able to grasp things quickly, diagnostic and problem solving skills, flexible in work schedules
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experienced in overall data warehouse, database, ETL and OLAP tuning for better performance
- Repeatedly worked on FSD/TSD (Functional/Technical Specification Document) documents from BRD (Business Requirement Document) / Customer Requirements.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ 2000/2003/2008 , UNIX, LinuxDatabases Oracle 11g/10g/9i, DB2 V8.01, MS SQL Server 2005/2008
Database Tools: TOAD, SQL Loader
RDBMS: Oracle 10g/9i/8i, TERA DATA and DB2
ETL Tool: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1/8.6.1/8.5.1/8.1.1 , IDQ, Scoreboards
Programming Language: Visual Basic, HTML, XML, SQL, PL/ SQL
Scripting Languages: Unix Shell Scripting
Scheduler Tools: Tivoli workload scheduler, Autosys
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Worked with the business analysts and DBA to gather business requirements to be translated into design considerations.
- Understanding of the Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), High Level Design Documents and High Level Test Cases - which are inputs for us to come up with Low Level Design phase deliverables.
- Designed and developed current applications for Teradata programs.
- Participated in gathering and analysis of data requirements.
- Formulated processes for maintenance and tuning of application performance.
- Implemented ETL processes for extraction of data from Win Sql systems.
- Prepared and maintained TPT scripts in Teradata.
- Provided technical assistance in data warehouse development and testing.
- Supported data migration tasks for Teradata.
- Evaluated and documented technical, business and designing requirements.
- Identified and tracked the slowly changing dimensions, heterogeneous sources and determined the hierarchies in dimensions.
- Resolving the production issues in production support.
- Used various transformations like lookup, update strategy, router, filter, sequence generator, source qualifier on data extracted according to the business rules and technical specifications.
- Used task developer in the Workflow manager to define sessions.
- Created reusable worklets and mapplets.
- Involved in data cleansing and data profiling.
- Involved in writing UNIX shell scripts for Informatica ETL tool to run the sessions.
- Developed schedules to automate the update process and Informatica Batches/Sessions.
- Monitored sessions that were scheduled, running, completed or failed.
- Debugged mappings for failed sessions.
- Worked on database connections, SQL joins, loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions.
- Implemented data integrity constraints like referential integrity using primary-key and foreign-keys relationships.
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or system. This led to better session performance.
- Involved in production support.
- Created different types of reports such as Master/Detail, Cross Tab and Chart (for trend analysis) using Business Objects. Use of filters, conditions, calculations,etc
- Documented processing times, developed test cases and used them to run through each process.
- Tuned the matching parameters based on test results
- Implemented and supported the Business Intelligence environment and User Interface
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, Teradatasql dev,Win Sql, Unix Shell Scripting, Sybase IQ, IDQ scorecards
Confidential, Malvern, PA
ETL Analyst/ Developer
- Analyzed the requirements and framed the business logic for the ETL process.
- Extracted data from Sybase as one of the source databases.
- Involved in the ETL design and its documentation.
- Followed Star Schema to design dimension and fact tables.
- Implemented CDC processes for the LARGE TABLES.
- Collect and link metadata from diverse sources, including relational databases and flat files.
- Used Trillium as a Data Cleansing tool to correct the data before loading into the staging area
- Used Informatica Designer to create mappings using different transformations to move data to a Data Warehouse from SQL server and Sybase.
- Developed mappings in Informatica to load the data from various sources into the Data Warehouse, using different transformations like Source Qualifier, JAVA, Expression, Lookup, Aggregate, Update Strategy and Joiner.
- Extracted DTS (Data Transformation Services) packages from the SQL server 2000/2008.
- Identified the transformations used in each DTS packages.
- Converted the DTS packages into Informatica mappings and loaded the target into the Oracle database.
- Experienced in handling slowly changing dimensions.
- Optimized the performance of the mappings by various tests on sources, targets and transformations.
- Scheduling the sessions to extract, transform and load data in to warehouse database on Business requirements.
- Scheduled the tasks using Tivoli.
- Loaded the flat files data using Informatica to the staging area.
- Created SHELL SCRIPTS for generic use.
- Developed Test cases for Unit Testing of the Mappings, and also was involved in the Integration Testing.
Environment: Informatica 9.5.1, Teradata, SQL Server 2008, Tivoli scheduler.
- Interacted with end-users to identify and transform the business requirements into logical and technical requirements
- Developed Mappings for loading data from flat files into tables and also developed the logic for fact table
- Extensively used transformations like Lookup, Aggregate, Joiner, Filter, Sequence Generator, and Expression to create complex mappings
- Analyzed rejected records from Flat files by debugging the mappings and provided solutions
- Developed ETL process for a fact table in financial data mart and automated the FTP process of target files to another server
- Used IDQ to profile the project source data, define or confirm the definition of the metadata, cleanse and accuracy check the project data, check for duplicate or redundant records, and provide information on how to proceed with ETL processes.
- Converted the data mart from Logical design to Physical design, defined data types, Constraints, Indexes, generated Schema in the Database, created Automated scripts, defined storage parameters for the objects in the Database.
- Creation of Transformations like Lookup, Joiner, Rank and Source Qualifier Transformations in the Informatica Designer.
- Used Workflow Manager Workflow Monitor to develop, validate and run sequential and concurrent workflows
- Customized workflows, Worklets, and tasks using Workflow Designer
- Continuously updated technical skills to improve technical knowledge in order to resolve problems effectively
- Involved in Unit testing
Environment: Informatica 7.1/8.5 ORACLE 9g, UNIX, Windows 2003/2008, UNIX Shell Programming, PL/SQL, TOAD Quest Software, Microsoft Visio 2007, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, HP-UX.
Jr Informatica Developer
- Designed and developed database views and stored procedures.
- Involved in the creation of jobs using Informatica workflow manager to validate schedule run and monitor jobs using Workflow Monitor.
- Involved in the preparation of documentation for ETL using Informatica standards, procedures and naming conventions.
- Designed and Developed Informatica mapping and sessions to create flat files and metadata.
- Used SQL to extract the data from the database.
- Wrote Stored procedures, Stored functions, Packages and used in many Forms and Reports
- Wrote database triggers for automatic updating the tables and views.
- Designed and developed forms and reports.
- Developed PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Packages.
- Developed Database triggers for implementing Business logic.
- Involved in Informatica Administration activities such as creating & managing Informatica users, groups and privileges.
- Involved in taking backup of the repository, restoring repository etc.
- Tuned the performance of Mappings, Sessions, relational source and targets.
- Worked with Business Analyst and Analyzed specifications and identified source data needs to be moved to data warehouse, Participated in the Design Team and user requirement gathering meetings
Environment: Informatica 7X, 6X. Power Center, Teradata, SQL Server, Windows NT, UNIX Shell Scripts