- Over sixteen years of experience in researching, architecting, prototyping, developing, implementing, and administering IT solutions in large organizations servicing financial, energy, HCM, and telecommunication sectors.
- Extensive experience in Cloudera, Hortonworks, and Pivotal Hadoop Ecosystems. Solutions involved bi - directional replication between clusters, Kerberos, SSL, LDAP security, Sentry authorization and Navigator auditing. All cluster heavily used for Spark, Impala, Hive, Hue and HBase. Data feeds from OLTP databases through Kafka brokers.
- Architecture, provisioning automation and administration of AWS EC2 and RDS instances. S3 as an archiving space for backups and log files. Use Federated credentials to automate and administer AWS services via awscli python modules that integrated with Reactjs web interfaces. Evaluated AWS Database Migration tools. Performance benchmarking on Confidential machine and database images on EC2 with HammerDB for various storage tiers.
- Architecture, administer and automation of database services on Microsoft Azure VMs using azure-cli, Github source control and AD federated credentials integration. Python and Shell scripts integrated to Azure portal via Github for database provisioning (MySQL and MongoDB) with customized resource groups, security policies, admin and quota profiles, metering, custom machine images with readily available database and web services.
Relational Database Technologies: Over 20+ years with Oracle. Starting from the days of parallel serves with versions Oracle 7, 8, 8i, 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c OPS/RAC Databases, Data Guard and Grid Control. Extensive experience with MySQL 5.5/5.6/5.7, Sybase ASE 9.x/11.x/12.x/15.x, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/2014 and DB2 8.x/9.x.Also, open source database technologies. Particularly with MariaDB 10.x/Galera 3.x/MaxScale 2.x/CDC-Kafka/Xtrabackup/Monyog and Postgres 9.x, EnterpriseDB 9.x.
NoSQL and In-Memory Technologies: Performed POCs and demonstrations with Oracle 12c in-memory database and SQL Server 2014 in-memory tables, Pivotal Gemfire 7.x/8.x, GemfireXD 1.4 and HAWQ 1.x. Architecture and implementations of MongoDB 2.x/3.x, Neo4j 2.x/3.x and Datastax Cassandra 4.x/5.x.
Data Replication Technologies: Oracle GoldenGate 10.x/11.x/12.x/12c Big Data adapter and heterogeneous database replication (MySQL and SQL Server). Also, MySQL Replication, SQL Server Replication, Sybase Replication Server, Direct Connect and Maxscale.
Server Virtualization, Micro Services, and DevOps: Performed POCs and demonstrations with Cloud Foundry, Bosh, Vagrant, Jenkins, Docker, OpenStack. Many years of Configuring and using VMWare ESX, Virtual Box4, VSAN virtual environments for database and middle tier.
Storage Technologies: Cloud Storage from AWS and Azure. EMC storage for SAN, NAS, SRDF, Data Domain, Legato, Tivoli, SQL Backtrack (DTS). Storage array from Sun Micro Systems and Dell.Performed POCs and evaluated EMC ScaleIO software defined storage with database workloads and HammerDB benchmarking. Evaluated performance with EXtreamIO database loads against HammerDB OLTP/DSS workload profiles and Commvault as a database backup store.
Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing: Performed POCs and demonstrations with Oracle 12c Columnar Data Store, Microsoft SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, SharePoint Server and SybaseIQ
Application and Web Servers: Implemented Solutions using Apache Tomcat, Apache2, Node.js, HAProxy, Nginx, Weblogic, IIS, Drupal, Wordpress.
Operating Systems and Clustering Technologies: Extensive experience with SUSE, Red hat, Oracle Linux, Solaris, Irix, Centos, Fedora, and Ubuntu. Also, High Available clustering solutions with Sun Cluster 3.x, Veritas Cluster 3.x/4.x, Oracle Cluster 10g/11g, Windows Cluster 2008/2012
Programing Languages and Scripting: Scripting and structured programing with Ksh, Bash, C, ProC, PL/SQL, T-SQL, AWK. Workable level of exposure with Java, Java scripts, JSON, Perl, Python, HQL, Cypher, Pig/Impala/HBase Shell
IDEs, Version Control, Automation, and Testing: Eclipse, Visual Studio, TOAD, GIT, Atom, Postman, Reactjs, Redux, python VDL, HammerDB, Autosys, Informatica, HPOO, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Spotlite, FogliteData Security and Communication Protocols Data masking and obfuscation with Delphix, Authentication and transport security with Kerberos, SSL, JKS, Active Directory, LDAP. Communication protocols with DNS, NIS, TCP/IP.
- Architecture and implementation of CDH 5.x Hadoop clusters with three management nodes twenty five worker nodes, and five gateway nodes. Clusters are configured for HDFS and Hive replication (BDR) to the disaster recovery site with identical configuration supporting replication between data centers.
- All Cloudera Hadoop Clusters configured for Kerberos, SSL security, Sentry Hadoop object level privilege management and Navigator auditing.
- Mostly used Ecosystem components: Hive2, YARN, SPARK, Sqoop, Pig, Oozie, Flume, HBase, Zookeeper, Impala, Solr, Kafka and Hue.
- ELT integration: Oracle Goldengate 12c Hadoop Big Data Adaptor with Kafka/Spark streaming, MariaDB/Maxscale/Kafka Integration and Striim WebAction Hadoop integration.
- Pivotal Hadoop 2.1 (PHD) cluster with two master nodes, five slave nodes, and Pivotal Command Center.
- Pivotal GemfireXD integration with HDFS, HBase, HAWQ, and Pivotal Extension Framework (PXF).
- Pivotal Gemfire in-memory NoSQL database clustering solution for low latency transactions.
- Pivotal/Hortonworks Open Data Platform Hadoop Cluster architecture (PHD 3.0 with Ambari 1.7)
- MongoDB 2.x/3.x replica sets, horizontally scaled sharded clusters, and Node.js integration.
- Neo4j as a Graph data store and cypher in describing relationships, nodes, and labels in the graph.
- Datastax Cassandra 4.8.5 and 5.x as scalable NoSQL data stores.
- Open Source relational database strategies. Mainly focusing MariaDB 10.1 and EnterpriseDB Postgres 9.4/9.6 as Highly Available open source relational database solutions.
- MariaDB-Galera clusters with Maxscale routing using docker 3.18 and openstack juno VMs.
- EMC scaleIO as an enterprise storage Grid for database and application server data stores.
- Research options of deploying Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server database server instances on Z-Linux VMs.
- Oracle Goldengate replication with Oracle and SQL Server sources and targets using active/passive and active/active topologies.
- High availability and scalability using Oracle RAC, Active DataGuard, Grid Control, and Goldengate.
- Oracle 12c in-memory databases and pluggable database architecture as a multi-tenant database solution.
- Oracle and SQL Server data encryption using Delphix data masking tools.
- SQL Server 2014 always on, cluster shared volume storage, columnar data store, SSIS, SSAS.
- Level 4 support for Oracle (12c, 11g, and 10g) RAC, DataGuard, and Goldengate infrastructure.
- Level 4 support for SQL Server 2008, 2012, and 2014 having failover clusters, Cluster Shared Volume support, always on, SQL Server mirroring,
- Level 4 support for Hadoop, MongoDB, Neo4j, Gemfire, MariaDB, MySQL, and Postgres.
- Currently researching OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, Docker, Jerkins, and GIT as part of DevOps infrastructure.
- POC testing with Ansible as an orchestrating framework. Also, POCs level exposure with chef and puppet. Confidential use HPOO as an orchestration framework and researching Ansible as an option.
Database Solutions Architect
- Design, implement, and manage Oracle RAC 10g/11g, DataGuard with enterprise options. Production environment implemented on a six node RAC with twenty Terra bytes ASM managed EMC storage that shared among sixteen real-time trading databases. All databases operated in maximum performance mode in a DataGuard protected environment. Maximum availability achieve through flashback architecture.
- Implement the DR strategy with multi-site configuration such that the primary DR is in sync with the production databases all the time. Secondary DR Environment can disengage and re-engage on scheduled basis for DR drill testing and troubleshooting emergency production problems.
- Maintain Oracle grid controller and centralized database repositories for RMAN and EM. All Exelon Oracle infrastructure supported by the Oracle Grid Controller where all environments configured in separate RAC and Grid Controller domains. QA, UAT, Primary DR, Secondary DR, and Development environments built on two nodes RAC environments with separate ASM managed storage where the data is fed from the six node production RAC.
- Oracle scheduler managed database jobs for maintenance work and application infrastructure.
- Configure and manage Oracle to Oracle replication using Oracle Golden Gate (11g), and remote database calls through database links. Heterogeneous data connectivity through Linked-Servers in MS SQL servers.
- Manage high available trading database infrastructure on Microsoft SQL Clustering environment with backups & DR managed by the Quest LightSpeed.
- Design and implement Microsoft BI infrastructure and reporting using DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Linked servers.
- Recommend SOX database audit reviews, implement data security triggers, and report violations to the application managers.
Senior Database Administrator
- Design and manage highly available Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, and UDB data servers, SRDF, OS replicator technology for Confidential Database administration group.
- 24 x 7 database administration and database infrastructure auditing for Production, Disaster recovery, UAT, QA and Development data servers in Sybase, Oracle, UDB/DB2, MSSQL database platforms.
- Support the database infrastructure for the third party vendor products mainly in SQL Server and Oracle (PeopleSoft, Oracle Financials, SSIS, SSRS, and Reporting Software).
- Manage new database release installations, upgrades, disaster recovery, physical design, performance tuning, troubleshooting of Sybase ASE Servers (version 11.x, 11.9.2, 12.0, 12.5.x,15.x), Sybase Replication Servers and Oracle (version 8.x, 9i, 10g) running on Red hat Linux, SUN Enterprise Servers with SRDF, Clariion Storage Area Network environment.
- Design backups, disaster recovery strategies, and high available solutions using warm standby replication for Sybase; RMAN, Standby Database, and DataGuard for Oracle.
- Manage the login security implementation project using Kerberos certificates, PAM security remediation for Sybase, Oracle, UDB and MS SQL Servers. The database infrastructure and developer community use their own Kerberos login and password to access the data servers.
- Implement Autosys as the scheduler in automating processes such as backups, database restorations, login management, access management, release management, performance monitoring, data latency monitoring, reorganizing tasks such as rebuild indexes, and recompiling stored database code structures, etc.
- Redesign and reconfigure the 15 years old database replication architecture for Sybase and Oracle database infrastructure for the human capital management division which had many PeopleSoft tables with text data type, vertical, and horizontal replication data partitioning.
Senior Database Administrator
- Database administrator for the Investment Banking Division and secondary database administration support for the equities, reference data and offshore investment banking database administration group.
- 24 x 7 Production support, Disaster recovery, UAT, QA and Development data servers in Sybase, Oracle, and MSSQL database platforms.
- Server configuration for high availability and performance, mainly on Sybase and Oracle server environments using Sun cluster 3.x for Oracle RACs and Veritas 3.x failover for HA clusters.
- Design and configure physical standby databases with monitoring, auditing and escalation procedures.
- Design, configure and maintenance of heterogeneous replication environment involving Sybase replication server, Direct Connect, Rep Agents and Oracle replication.
- Design and configure the Oracle VLDB configuration for the credit investment Dynamo application, which had many partitioned tables, materialized views and summary tables.
- Mentor/assist Junior DBAs on how to resolve/troubleshoot production issues, and operational tasks such as production releases and database maintenance in the NY DBA Core Team for IB clients.
- Design and configure MS SQL 2000 servers to support work request ticket management system.
- Manage and schedule data Server upgrades, RDBMS migrations from Sybase to Oracle, Server migrations from Solaris to Linux.