- 7 years of Data Warehousing experience using Informatica PowerCenter 9.x/8.x/7.x(Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing Designer, Mapping Designer, Transformation developer)Informatica PowerMart 7x/6x, Power Exchange.
- Extensive experience in Banking, Insurance, Pharmacy, Financial, Retail and Healthcare domains.
- Experienced in Installation and Configuration of Informatica Power Center Server.
- Experienced in complete life cycle Implementation of data warehouse.
- Well versed in OLTP Data Modeling, Data warehousing concepts.
- Experienced in OLTP/OLAP system study, analysis and ER modeling, developing Database schemas like Star schema and Snowflake schema used in relational and multidimensional modeling by using Erwin, Visio
- Strong Knowledge in Relational Database Concepts, Entity Relation Diagrams, Normalization and De normalization Concepts.
- Involved in different database modeling techniques like Object Oriented Design and Modeling, Database Design and Modeling, etc.
- Extensive experience in implementing CDC using Informatica Power Exchange 8.x/7.x.
- Extensively worked with Oracle PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, and Packages, and also involved in Query Optimization.
- Ability to write complex SQLs needed for ETL jobs and analyzing data, and is proficient and worked with databases like Oracle 11x/10g/9i, SQL Server 2008/2005/2003 , Teradata, DB2, MSSQL, Excel sheets, Flat Files, Sybase, COBOL files and XML files.
- Expertise in Administration tasks including Importing/Exporting mappings, copying folders over the DEV/QA/PRD environments, managing Users, Groups, associated privileges and performing backups of the repository.
- Developed Complex mappings from varied transformation logics like Unconnected /Connected lookups, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Union, Update Strategy and more.
- Well Experienced in doing Error Handling and Troubleshooting using various log files.
- Expertise in using UNIX and writing Perl and UNIX shell scripts.
- Experience in Performance Tuning of sources, targets, mappings, transformations and sessions, by implementing various techniques like partitioning techniques and pushdown optimization, and also identifying performance bottlenecks.
- Good exposure to Development, Testing, Debugging, Implementation, Documentation, End - user training and Production support.
- Expertise in doing Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Data Validation for Developed Informatica Mappings.
- Experience in using the Informatica command line utilities like pmcmd to control workflows in non-windows environments.
- Worked with BI tools like OBIEE and DAC
- An excellent team member with an ability to perform individually, good interpersonal relations, strong communication skills, hardworking and high level of motivation. A quick learner with an aptitude for taking responsibilities.
- Developed effective working relationships with client team to understand support requirements, develop tactical and strategic plans to implement technology solutions, and effectively manage client expectation.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1/8.X, Informatica Power Exchange 9.5,Informatica Power Connect, Power Mart, Power Analyzer.
Databases: Oracle 11i/10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 2008 R 2/2008/2005/2000 , Teradata, Sybase, DB2, MS Access 7.0/97/2000, Teradata V2R6, Sybase.
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, C, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Windows 7/XP/2003/2008, Linux, HP-UNIX, IBM AIX.
Business Intelligence Tools: Business Objects, Cognos, Crystal Reports
Scheduling Tools: Control-M, Autopsy’s, Tivoli, TIDAL
DB Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD, SQL Navigator, SQL *Plus, SQL * Loader, RedGate SQL Dependency Tracker, TD SQL Assistant 13.10, DB Artisan
Data Modeling Tools: Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema and Snowflake Schema, Erwin, Power Analyzer.
Others tools: Sharepoint, Putty, WinScp,FileZilla
Confidential, Pennington, Nj
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Worked as a Business analyst, Responsible in gathering Requirements and IT review. Interacted with Business Users in the design of technical specification documents.
- Involved in creating logical and physical data models using MS Visio based on business requirements.
- Created and monitored Database maintenance plans for checking database integrity, data optimization, rebuilding indexes and updating statistics.
- Successfully Loaded Data into different targets from various source systems like Oracle Database, Flat files, ODS, SQL Server, etc. into the Staging table and then to the target database Oracle.
- Developed various Mappings, Mapplets, and Transformations for data marts and Data warehouse.
- Re-designed ETL mappings to improve data quality.
- Used Korn-Shell Scripting to automate the loading process.
- Created Stored procedure transformations to populate targets based on business requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring all the sessions that are running, scheduled, completed and failed. Debugged the mapping of the failed session.
- Used Pipeline Partitioning feature in the sessions to reduce the load time.
- Analyzed and Created Facts and Dimension Tables.
- Used Informatica features to implement Type I, II, and III changes in slowly changing dimension tables.
- Created Data Breakpoints, Error Breakpoints for debugging the mappings using Debugger Wizard.
- Mapplets and Reusable Transformations were used to prevent redundancy of transformation usage and modularity.
- Developed the pre & post session shell scripts, which will create the parameter file dynamically.
- Written documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes and corrections.
- Within specified time, projects are delivered making sure all the requirements gathering, business analysis and designing of the data marts.
- Project and Version management using PVCS Version Manager.
- Involved in Unit and Integration testing of Mappings and sessions.
- Developed Schedules for daily and weekly batches using Unix Maestro.
- Prepared ETL mapping specification document.
- Assisted Testing team in creating test plan and test cases.
- Involved in creating multi-dimensional universe and reports in Business Objects Environment.
- Used BRIO reporting tool to generate reports. And also created and run BRIO SQR Programs.
- Designed and developed ad-hoc and customized reports using Cognos 8.
- Created Informaticamappings with PL/SQLProcedures/Functions and triggers in T-SQL to build business rules to load data.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5, Oracle 11i, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Visio, Toad, Power exchange 9.5, Business objects XiR3,ERWIN 4.2, Control-M.
Confidential, Wayne, PA
- Interacting and Coordinatewith the Business Users, Data Population Engineers, SME to understand the business/needs of the application, gather functional requirements, analyse and put into Technical Design documents (HLD & LLD).
- Support and monitor the on-going production issues. Sending communicating business users with daily load Stats;Perform data quality checks/Sanity checks to validate the input data based on the cleansing rules. Configuring the loads for Daily and Full Loads (On Demand).
- Creating/ modifying Informatica Mappings andUC4 jobs to in corporate the business logic.
- Drill down and fix theBusiness objects report issues, Analysing and tracing back from View layer to MART to HUB to STAGE to Source systems.
- Work closelywith System/Solution Architects, developers, different business units anddata Solutions Engineers to identify key information.
- Developed Mappings, Mapplets & workflows Using Informatica Power Center 9.0.1
- Designed Complex Informatica mappings using Aggregator, Expression, Joiner, Filter, Source Qualifier, Union, connected/unconnected Lookups, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure and Router transformations to transform and load the data from and to flat files, IMS Files, Wxdm, Excel, XML, CSV and relational tables. Parameterize and automating the jobs.
- Identified and tracked theslowly changing dimensions (Type 1, 2, 6),heterogeneous Sources and determined the hierarchies in dimensions. Created and Configured Workflows, Worklets, and Sessions to transport the data to target using Informatica client tools.
- Involved in writing Shell/Perl scripts to automate the FTP; transfer files between the systems and to load data from files to database. Also send daily feeds through FTP to down streams.
- Working on Deployment of the Code and the system. Request for code Migration and validating the migrations and prepare the Informatica/ETL Mapping documents.
- Performance tuning of the Informatica objects to increase the Performance of the data loads.
- Worked on database connections, SQL joins loops, aliases, views, aggregate conditions and also wrote various PL/SQL procedures, Functions and Triggers for processing business logic in the database. Tuning of SQL queries for better performance.
- Performed unit testing on the Informatica code using the Informatica Debugger and by manually checking through Sql Queries.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1, UNIX Shell, Oracle 10g, Flat Files, PL/SQL, SQL Assistant, Netezza, WinSQl, SQLDBX, Toad, SQL Developer, Linux, UC4, Netezza Bulk Reader/Writer, XML, CSV, Perl Scripts, MS Access, Business Objects, Filezilla, Winscp.
- Created analysis of source systems, business requirements and identification of business rules.
- Responsible for developing, support and maintenance for the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes usingInformatica Power Center.
- Worked oncomplex mappings, Mapplets and workflowto meet the business needs ensured they are reusable transformation to avoid duplications.
- Extensively used ETL to transfer and extract data from source files (Flat files and DB2) and load the data into the target database.
- Documented Mapping and Transformation details, user requirements, implementation plan and schedule.Extensively used Autosys for Scheduling and monitoring.
- Designed and developedefficient Error Handlingmethods and implemented throughout the mappings. Responsible for Data quality analysis to determine cleansing requirements.
- Worked withseveral facets of the Informatica PowerCenter tool- Source Analyzer, Data Warehousing Designer, Mapping & Mapplet Designer and Transformation Designer. Development of Informatica mappings for better performance.
- Developed PL/SQL and UNIX Shell Scripts for scheduling the sessions in Informatica.
- Responsible forPerformance Tuningat the Mapping Level, Session Level, Source Level and the Target Level for Slowly Changing Dimensions Type1, Type2 for Data Loads.
- Configured the sessions usingworkflow managerto have multiple partitions on Source data and to improve performance. Understand the business needs and implement the same into a functional database design
- Prepared Unit/ Systems Test Plan and the test cases for the developed mappings.
- Responsible for team members’ work assignment and tracking.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.1.1, Cognos 8, Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server 2005, MS Visio, Windows 2000, and Toad 7.0,Business objects 6.5/6.0.
- Developed ETL programs using Informatica to implement the business requirements.
- Communicated with business customers to discuss the issues and requirements.
- Created shell scripts to fine tune the ETL flow of the Informatica workflows.
- Used Informatica file watch events to pole the FTP sites for the external mainframe files.
- Production Support has been done to resolve the ongoing issues and troubleshoot the problems.
- Performance tuning was done at the functional level and map level. Used relational SQL wherever possible to minimize the data transfer over the network.
- Effectively used Informatica parameter files for defining mapping variables, workflow variables, FTP connections and relational connections.
- Involved in enhancements and maintenance activities of the data warehouse including tuning, modifying of stored procedures for code enhancements.
- Effectively worked in Informatica version based environment and used deployment groups to migrate the objects.
- Identified problems in existing production data and developed one time scripts to correct them.
- Used debugger in identifying bugs in existing mappings by analyzing data flow, evaluating transformations.
- Pre and post session assignment variables were used to pass the variable values from one session to other.
- Effectively worked on Onsite and Offshore work model.
- Designed workflows with many sessions with decision, assignment task, event wait, and event raise tasks, used Informatica scheduler to schedule jobs.
- Reviewed and analyzed functional requirements, mapping documents, problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Performed unit testing at various levels of the ETL and actively involved in team code reviews.
- Fixed the invalid mappings and troubleshoot the technical problems of the database.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 7.1.2, Oracle 9i, Autosys, ERWIN 4.0, Windows 98, UNIX (Solaris),MS SQL Server, Oracle 8i, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, TOAD, Import/Export Utilities, Shell Scripts.
- Created Dimension Tables and Fact Tables based on the warehouse design.
- Involved in creating Logical and Physical design of databases using Erwin.
- Participated in build of the Data Warehouse, which includes the Design of Data mart using Star Schema.
- Created ETL detail design document and ETL standards document.
- Created Repository using Informatica Power Center - Repository Manager.
- Extracted data form flat files and oracle database, applied business logic to load them in the central oracle database.
- Involved in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) Process.
- Created necessary Repositories to handle the metadata in the ETL process
- Worked extensively with complex mappings using expressions, aggregators, filters, lookup and procedures to develop and feed in Data Warehouse.
- Created reusable transformations and Mappletsand used them in mappings.
- Worked on SQL queries and tuned them to improve performance.
- Extensively used Shell scripts to automate the Pre-Session and Post-Sessions processes.
- Performed data manipulation using basic functions and Informatica Transformations.
- Developed various reports using Cross Tab, Master Detail and different charts including Line, Column, Area, and Pie Charts for analysis.
- Modified Universes and generated reports using Business Objects.
- Designed & developed reports, Drilldown reports using Business Objects Reporter.
- Designed reports with Slice and Dice & Drill down operations.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.1, Oracle 8i, SQL Server, Erwin 3.5, Business Objects 5.1, UNIX (AIX), Windows NT
Data warehouse Developer
- Involved in analysis and development of the Data Warehouse.
- Translation of Business Processes into data mappings for building the Data Warehouse
- Designed the logical and physical models of the database including referential integrities, keys, capacity planning and object creation as per business requirements
- Designed and developed the environment for the Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources such as flat files and RDBMS tables
- Developed Staging jobs which formattedcleansed, aggregated and transformed data from various sources into the Data Warehouse.
- Implemented Aggregate, Filter, Join, Expression, Lookup, Update Strategy, and Stored Procedure Transformations
- Documented the procedures for interfacing data from all source systems to the Data Warehousing system. Involved in the Data Quality Analysis.
- Designed and DevelopedStored procedures and Functions, Database Triggers using PL/SQL
- Developed Triggers, Views, Sequences, Indexes using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Used SQL Loader to load data to Database.Developed scripts using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Created mappings with PL/SQL procedures to build business rules to load data
- Extensively used ETL to load data from different databases and flat files to Oracle
- Created batch sessions using Server Manager to load the data into the target database
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 6.2, Oracle 8i, UNIX, TOAD, SQL * Loader, Windows NT.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes