Informatica Developer Resume
- Over 8 years of IT experience in analysis, design, development and implementation of Data warehouses, data marts and Decision Support Systems (DSS) using Informatica Power Center with Oracle, MS SQL server, DB2 and Teradata databases.
- Strong expertise using Informatica Power Center Client tools - Designer, Repository manager, Workflow manager/monitor and Server tools - Informatica Server, Repository Server manager.
- Extensive work experience in ETL processes consisting of data sourcing, data transformation, mapping and loading of data from multiple source systems into Data Warehouse using Informatica Power Center.
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse methodologies like ODS, Star and Snowflake Schemas, SDLC & ERD process.
- Proficient in implementing complex business rules through Informatica transformations, Workflows/Worklets and Mappings/Mapplets.
- Hands on experience in tuning mappings, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings, and sessions.
- Experience with Informatica Server Manager to create sessions and workflows to run with the logic embedded in the mappings.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, and Administration of Informatica Power Center/Power Mart Client, Server and having exposure to FTP and Release Management.
- Experience in Data warehouse OLAP reporting using Business Objects.
- Good working skills in writing PL/SQL, SQL, Database Triggers and Oracle SQL query tuning concepts.
- Experience with writing daily batch jobs using UNIX shell scripts, and developing complex UNIX Shell Scripts for automation of ETL.
- Involved in SQL tuning and Informatica performance tuning.
- Tuned performance of Informatica Sessions for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length and target based commit interval.
- Expert in Unit Testing, Integration testing and Performance Testing.
- Worked with different SDLC Environments Agile, Iterative, Water Fall Methodologies.
- Committed team player with multitasking capabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center (Repository Admin console, Repository Manager, Designer, Workflow Manager, workflow Monitor)
RDBMS: Oracle, Teradata, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, Sybase, My SQL, MS Access
Business Intelligence: OBIEE, Cognos
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, C, C++, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Win NT 4.0, Sun Solaris, UNIX, LINUX, and MS-DOS
Software Packages: MS-Office, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Involved in design and development of Business Requirements in liaison to business users and Technical teams by gathering requirement specification documents and identifying data sources and targets.
- Analyzed application requirements and provided recommended design and studied the current system to understand the existing data structures.
- Participated actively in user meetings and collected requirements from users.
- Maintained Offshore team with 6 resources for development works.
- Designed and developed star schema model for target database using ERWIN Data modeling.
- Used Informatica Power Center for extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) of source data on heterogeneous Database sources like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata & flat files.
- Designed and developed a number of complex mappings using various transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Router, Joiner, Union, Expression, Lookup (Connected & unconnected), Filter, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure, Sequence Generator and used reusable transformations as well as mapplets.
- Worked with Workflow Manager for the creation of various tasks like Worklets, Sessions, Batches, Event Wait, E-mail notifications, Decision and to Schedule jobs.
- Extensively used the Slowly Changing Dimensions-Type II in various data mappings to load dimension tables in Data warehouse.
- Administered the repository by creating folders and logins for the group members and assigning necessary privileges using Informatica Repository Manager.
- Was responsible for the version control and up-gradation.
- Involved in the creation of partitions in Mapping to improve the performance of Informatica sessions.
- Involved in extensive performance tuning by determining bottlenecks using Debugger at various points like targets, sources, mappings, sessions or system. This led to better session performance.
- Extensively involved in coding of the Business Rules through PL/SQL using the Functions, Cursors, Triggers and Stored Procedures in the server side.
- Involved in creation of Classes, Objects and Universes for reporting purpose using Business Objects Designer.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts and pmcmd command line utility for automating Batches and Sessions using ESP Workload manager.
- Involved in Production Scheduling to setup jobs in order and provided 24x7 production support.
- Involved in trouble shooting and resuming failed jobs.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1/Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, Erwin 7.1, MS SQL server 2005/2008, Oracle 10g/9i, DB2, SAP R/3 databases, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, Shell Scripts, Windows XP, Unix, Espresso (ESP) Workload Manager, Business Objects.
Senior DW ETL Informatica Consultant
- Interacted with business analysts, data architects, application developers to develop a data model.
- Designed the Data models for Datamart. Created Logical and Physical Data models using Erwin 4.5.
- Worked closely with the project team to formulate and implement a flexible system design that meets functional requirements.
- Extensively used ETL to transform data from different source systems and load the data into the Target database.
- Extensively used Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Filter, Expression, Lookup, Update Strategy, Router and Joiner transformation.
- Used Procedure Transformations to invoke Oracle PL/SQL Procedures.
- Implemented slowly changing dimensions according to the requirements, Partitioned sessions, modified cache/buffers and tuned transformations for better performance.
- Extensively used Informatica functions like IIF, DECODE, ISNULL, ADD TO DATE, TO DATE, etc., in transformations.
- Used Workflow Manager for Creating, Validating, Testing and running the sequential and concurrent Batches and Sessions.
- Responsible for Performance Tuning of sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Designed and Developed UNIX shell scripts as part of the ETL process to schedule tasks/sessions. Scheduling of sessions and workflows.
- Scheduled and ran Extraction, Loading processes and monitored sessions using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Used TOAD front-end tools to issue SQL commands matching the business requirements to Oracle RDBMS.
- Created Schema objects like Indexes, Views, and Sequences.
- Designed and developed Oracle PL/SQL Procedures.
- Designed and developed Unix Shell scripts for Data Import/Export, Data Conversions and Data Cleansing.
- Creation of reports like Reports by Product, Reports by Customer, Reports by Period, Demographic reports and Comparative reports.
- Generated reports using Business Objects Report Designer.
- Developed views necessary for structured and ad-hoc reporting.
- Created various geographical and time dimension reports of Fiscal year, Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly and Daily reports for all Domains and published through Web Intelligence.
- Designed testing procedure and test plans. Assisted in Production support.
- Performed Unit testing to validate mappings and populate the database.
- Documented the process for further maintenance and support.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 7.1/6.2(designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor) PowerAnalyzer, Business Objects XI/6.5, ERwin, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, DB2, Windows XP, UNIX Shell Scripting, Autosys, SQL*Loader, PVCS, TOAD.
Confidential, Hopewell, NJ
- Analyzed the sources, targets, transformed, mapped and loading the data into targets using Informatica.
- Used various transformations like Aggregator, Ranker, Lookup transformation, Filter transformation, Update transformation, stored procedure transformations etc.
- Define data flow by introducing staging, transaction, data warehouse and data mart area. This design provided more control on data flow and data validation.
- Developed several Universes and extracted simple and complex reports using Business Objects.
- Created sessions using server Manager.
- Design and creation of Catalogs and Power Play models.
- Created complex detail, summary report, sub-reports and drill-through reports with prompts.
- Created Oracle views and materialized views to improve the performance of the reports. These views were then imported to the catalogs.
- Created Oracle functions and imported those functions into impromptu as user defined functions.
- Developed Unix Shell scripts and PL/SQL procedures.
- Interacted with business analysts, data architects and application developer to develop a data model.
- Created logical and physical data models for the star schema using ERWIN 4.1, creating DDL scripts for static dimensions.
- Developed Entity Relationship/data models, gap analysis, requirements document, and ETL specifications.
- Practical understanding of the Database schemas like Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema used in relational and dimensional modeling. .
- Develop logical and physical data models that capture current state/future state data elements and data flows using Erwin.
- Implemented dimensional model(logical and physical)data model in existing architecture using Erwin Developed logical and physical data models for Central model consolidation
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 7.1, Business Objects Designer 6.1, Impromptu web reports (IWR 6.0), IIS 4.0, PL/SQL, Oracle 8.0/8i, Unix and Win NT.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Analyzed various Schemas for Implementation and Modeled the Data Warehousing Data marts using Star Schema.
- Created mappings using the Transformations such as the Source qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, lookup, Filter, Router, Rank, Sequence Generator, Update Strategy etc.
- Extracted data form flat files and oracle database, applied business logic to load them in the central oracle database.
- Developed complex mappings & mapplets in Informatica to load the data using different transformations.
- Created and Monitored Sessions and Batches using Server Manager.
- Extensively used various Performance tuning Techniques to improve the session performance (Partitioning etc).
- Successfully moved the Sessions and Batches from the development to production environment.
- Extensively used Informatica client tools - Source Analyzer, Warehouse designer, Mapping designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer, Informatica Repository Manager and Informatica Server Manager.
- Generated completion messages and status reports using Workflow manager.
- Created workflows and worklets for designed mappings.
- Developed mappings and loaded data on to the relational database. Worked on Dimension as well as Fact tables.
- Extensively used PL/SQL Procedures/Functions to build business rules.
- Defined, created, published and maintained cubes using Power Play.
- Created User conditions and Filters to improve the report generation.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.1.3, Sun Solaris, Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server 2000, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, Erwin4.3, TOAD 9, Windows XP pro.
- Created entity relationship diagrams, data diagrams and process models for existing data and for new development using Designer/2000 diagramming tools.
- Forward engineered logical models into physical data warehouse tables using Designer/2000 Database Design Wizard tool.
- Generated and modified Designer/2000 DDL SQL for implementation in development, test, and production environments.
- Wrote triggers and stored procedures for data warehouse transformation processes and extract processes using PL/SQL.
- Enhanced transformation procedures that loaded data into fact and dimension tables from staging tables.
- Wrote scripts to create tables, sequences, indices and constraints, and to populate and update tables in data warehouse.
- Analyzed and documented requirements for PL/SQL code required for extraction of data from data warehouse, and loading of data into the warehouse via staging tables.
- Designed UML diagrams - use case diagrams, class diagram and object diagrams to map the business process flow and project development.
Environment: Designer/2000, PL/SQL, Oracle 7, Rational rose UML
Oracle / Informatica Developer
- Worked on Informatica (Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplets and Transformations)
- Designed and developed transformation rules (business rules) to generate consolidated (fact and summary) data using Informatica.
- Used transformations such as the Source qualifier, Aggregators, Expression, lookup, Filter & Sequence generated.
- Extensively used ETL using Informatica to load data from Oracle 8i, MS SQL Server 2000 and Sybase to the target Oracle 8i database.
Environment: Informatica 5.1, Oracle 8i, MS SQL Server 2000, Erwin, Win 2000
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes