SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Over 16 years experience in leading initiatives through careful planning and execution in healthcare, education and telecom for domestic and international customers. I am particularly adept in analyzing and improving operations through the use of data analysis, influence and experiences.
- Manage a team of Informatics Resource Nurses and Informatics Resources for Providers.
- Extract and report on clinical data for continuous analysis and improvement opportunities.
- Work with clinical and technical resources on the integration of numerous clinical applications with the EHR e.g. Medhost, CPM, Centricity, etc. .
- Participate in current state assessment, workflow, and process validation, testing and training activities.
- Collaborate with informatics resources within the organization and externally to enhance the utilization of technology in the hospital setting.
- Actively participate in the facility LEAN team for operational improvement.
- Work with nursing and pharmacy on medication barcode scanning compliance and support.
- Responsible for facility informatics budget planning.
- Responsible for ensuring the facility is meeting appropriate meaningful use target measures.
- Participate in medication management safety committee.
- Serve as an active auditor on the infection prevention team.
- CPOE implementation successfully completed at 900k under budget.
- Computer Physician Order Entry and Management Implementation: 97 or 144 Tier 1 physicians trained Over 90 or 240 nursing staff trained Management of consultants and system resources for a 24/7 support process.
- Transitioned physicians and advanced practitioners from paper to electronic documentation.
- Deployment of Lines, Tubes and Drains electronic documentation and facility audit process.
- Implementation of Johns Hopkins Hospital Assessment for nursing to enhance EHR utilization.
- Implemented focused rounding education for physicians that was adopted across the health system.
- Barcode Medication Administration reporting metric enhancements.
- Met Stage 1 attestation requirements for meaningful use.
- Responsible for multiple related projects directed toward the archival of business and clinical systems to meet organizational financial and compliance objectives.
- Develop Cognos and Excel reports.
- Perform data analysis to extract, transform and load for archival.
- Communicate updates, efforts and provide presentations to stakeholders and leadership.
- Work to prioritize projects based on organizational risk and return on investment.
- Ensure compliance and legal requirements are met for data management.
- Prepare and maintain policy and procedures for the Data Archive Team, HIPPA Compliance Officer and HIM.
- Ensure operational processes are reviewed to sustain or improve data retrieval for production archives.
- Manage the transition of users from legacy systems to data archival system.
- Continue to mentor and work with the Enterprise Master Patient Index EMPI and Provider Master File PMF team in operational and design efforts.
- Worked on fellowship initiatives with Baylor Grapevine Chief Operating Officer.
- Worked on team that saved Baylor a total of 2.24m in software, hardware and support costs by archiving and decommissioning the BCON mainframe and HBOC Series AS/400, both HIS systems containing 3.5 million patient demographics, encounter data and medical administration records.
- Successfully archived the Meditech financial module.
- Improved HIM workflow by archiving AIS patient MPI data 1.9 million patient records .
- Completed archival and decommission of the Tempus system.
- Led physician training lab needs assessment in leasing negotiations and improvement efforts.
- Successfully competed for a 12 month program to mentor with senior leadership in the area of operations 5/2011 5/2012 .
Team Lead - Programmer / Systems Analyst III
- Worked closely with the HIM, Medical Staff Services and Allscripts teams to improve data quality and security for patient and provider data.
- Review and recommend process improvements to HIM in the areas of data stewardship.
- Build statistical ad hoc reports and interfaces with enterprise applications EHR, LIS, RIS, CPM, MIDAS, Provation, and Marketing .
- Provide customer education through presentations or documentation.
- Build and implement custom changes to the IBM Initiate product.
- Participate in product enhancement sessions with IBM.
- Participate in operational improvement strategies.
- Facilitate meetings and manage projects.
- Provide production support in on-call rotation.
- Improved hospital access search capabilities by integrating the EMPI search algorithm with Allscripts.
- Enhanced search performance by designing a search method to eliminate overhead processing.
- Automated statistics gathering for patient search analysis.
- Enhanced ODBC physician PL/SQL procedure to alleviate bottleneck issues in the Cloverleaf engine.
- Implemented Baylor's first enterprise data archive solution, IBM Optim.
Programmer / Systems Analyst II
- Developed enterprise search and registration workflows with staff and technical teams.
- Defined interface requirements for data processing.
- Wrote numerous reports and scripts to automate system jobs.
- Created and maintained support and design documentation.
- Tested and deployed numerous enhancements.
- Established interfaces to synchronize new systems with EMPI/PMF data.
- In the first twelve months, helped establish a self-sufficient team to realize savings of over 500k in upgrade and operational costs.
- Upgraded the IBM Initiate product from client to a web based application.
- Designed HL7 and API Java interfaces to eliminate critical point of failure in Cloverleaf for enterprise data.
- Built process for master patient data conversions to Eclipsys/Allscripts rollouts from legacy systems.
- Built data processes workflow for provider master data management system, PMF, using the Initiate product.
- Built custom data management functions for the PMF later adopted by IBM as part of the core product.
Team Leader Data Analytics
- Worked to test and enhance core data reporting packages.
- Designed for large databases, ranging from a few gigabytes to over 200 million rows of data per day.
- Used Kimball methodology for decision support design.
- Worked on complex SQL, PL/SQL and Congos/Crystal Reports.
- Developed numerous data trending reports for product analysis.
- Worked with pre-sales to analyze and gather customer requirements.
- Supported existing customers with maintenance and enhancement requests.
- Administrative duties included balancing team workload, approving timesheets, and performance reviews.
- Designed and implemented data mart solutions for trending analysis efforts with large telecom clients AT T, Bellsouth, British Telecom, Cable Wireless, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Vodafone .
- Built standard reporting templates in Cognos and Crystal that shipped with products.
- Automated the gathering of database statistics to study database growth on over 90 production databases.
- Enhanced existing scripting package into multi-threaded Korn shell package.
Interconnect Consultant / Application Specialist
- Served as SME for the Interconnect, Content Partner Management and ImE reporting for the region.
- Worked with pre-sales to assist in proof of concepts.
- Worked on-site with customers to create contractually established rate configurations.
- Assisted clients with reconciliation reports.
- Formed a four member support team for North and South American customers.
- Established support process and procedures for the new team and product lines.
- Built UNIX Solaris 8, HP-UX, and RedHat Linux and Oracle 8i/9i/10g infrastructure.
- Developed KORN/Bash scripts to automate job processing for a large Bellsouth project.
Management Software: MS Visio Pro, MS Project / Word / Excel, Planview, Crystal, Cognos, eTeams
Modeling Skills: Data Flow Diagrams, Flowcharts, Fishbone Diagrams, ER Diagrams
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access MySQL
Programming: PL/SQL, SQL, Java, JSP, KSH