Highlights of Experience
- Over 13+ years of Professional experience in Information Technology field with proficient in various Business Intelligence and Data ware housing tools and worked in different roles as Tech lead, Architect, Team lead, Project Management, Service delivery etc.
- Around 8 years of strong ETL Informatica experience on various versions like PC 7x/8x/9x.
- End to end implementation of BMC Control M reporting tool and 6 years of Production support experience
- Hands on experience on Informatica Upgrade projects from 7x to 8x to 9x in Linux environment
- Carried out Full life cycle Data warehouse project like requirement analysis, Modeling and designing, database and end user application development.
- Lead several Business Intelligence and Data ware house projects for various complex projects and multiple domains like Insurance, Baking, Retail, Manufacturing with extensive experience creating technical design documents, project plans, Mapping Inventory etc.
- Created data models, built Informatica ETL processes, dimensional data modeling primarily star schema, performing data migration, defining user interfaces, executing large projects, assuring quality and deployment.
- Lead the large scale Transformation Project which involved moving and upgrading all the servers from client data center to our own data center.
- Strong in converting business requirements to project documentation and technical specifications.
- Worked on Active directory and LDAP security, roles, group creation and integrating with various applications
- Around 5+ year s hands on experience on working in various Business intelligence tools like Cognos, Hyperion Essbase, IRS, BRIO, OBIEE in various data warehouses and business intelligence projects.
- Experienced in SDLC including Analyze, Design/Model, Implement, Test and Maintenance
- Good Knowledge in ITSM, CMM and Agile process and Certified ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Hands on experience on Business Continuity Program and Disaster Recovery system
- Experience on leading Onsite/Offshore model, Service delivery and customer handling
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.1, 8.6.1/7.1/6.2 , Informatica Data Replication (IDR), Informatica Power Exchange, Metadata Manager, Informatica Data Validation Option (DVO)
Reporting Tools: Cognos, Hyperion Essbase, BRIO, Interactive Reporting Service, OBIEE
RDBMS: Oracle 11, 10g/9i/8.0,DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Access, DB2, Teradata, Greenplum
Script Languages: Perl Script, Java script, shell script, Tomcat
Language: Java, SQL, PL/SQL.
Others: Citrix, Telnet, SQL developer, Toad, Visio pro, ER Studio, Clear case, Remedy, Sub version, CVC, BMC Control M
Confidential Palo Alto, CAProject: DSS Tech refresh Project BMC Control M Scheduling tool Implementation & Informatica Upgrade
Role: Technical Lead/Architect
VMware (NYSE:VMW), the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, delivers customer proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery
As part of this Project, we are implementing BMC Control M Scheduling tool. Currently all the jobs are running through Informatica scheduler and we are moving them in to Control M.
- Installed BMC Control M 7.0 into new Linux VM
- Configured Control M database in Oracle 11 database
- Installed Control M Server and Agents in Development, UAT and Production servers
- Installed Control M Agents in various Application servers like Informatica, IDR, OBIEE etc
- Developed around 2500 new Control M jobs and scheduled them in Control M Enterprise Manager
- Created new groups and users within Control M and synced up with LDAP
- Leveraged all the functionality of Control M like sending automated emails alerts, scheduling audit reports, Forecast Manager, business impact manager, restarting the failed jobs automatically etc
Environment: BMC Control M 7.0, Informatica 8.6.1, 7.1, Oracle 10, 11, OBIEE, Linux VM, Unix scripts, Toad, Windows etc
- Upgrading all the current Informatica 8.6 repository into 9.1 repository
- Installed new Informatica 9.1 application into new Linux VM s
- Configured new domains, integration services and created new repository
- Upgraded the old 8.6 repository into new 9.1 repository
- Integrated with existing LDAP authentication system
- Created various connections to different data sources like Oracle, MS SQL, MySql, Informix, SFDC, Oracle EBS etc
- Performed all levels of testing after the upgrade
Wells Fargo is a leading bank in Unites States of America with branches all over the country. It recently acquired Wachovia and made its presence global.
Worked as ETL/BI Technical Lead in Wealth Management Group projects within Wells Fargo. The project involves providing Aggregate Reporting capabilities for Family Wealth Group within Wealth Management Group. The Source data is from internal MDM database and external data which we receive from clients. This project is to build new ETL through Informatica and build Aggregate Dashboards through OBIEE.
- Lead a team ETL/BI developers and a ETL tester
- Prepared the Functional System Design Document based on the initial business requirement design document
- Created the Star Schema Data model for the Aggregate reporting project using ER Studio
- Prepared the Mapping Inventory and ETL Design documents
- Helped in developing the new tables, views, procedures, Index etc
- Coordinated with business partners and Business Intelligence team to understand their requirement and prepared the ETL s
- Worked on ETL tuning to increase the performance
- Created the Informatica jobs and scheduled them through Informatica scheduler
- Created Unix Shell scripts to move files from one Unix server to another server
- Managed the ETL codes in CVS and Sub version
- Worked in DB2 database as the Target database
Environment: Informatica Power center 8.6.1, DVO, OBIEE, DB2 9x, Teradata, Windows XP, UNIX, ER Studio, Toad, WinSCP and UNIX Shell Script.
The Clorox Company is a leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer products with fiscal year 2010 revenues of $5.53 billion. Clorox markets some of consumers' most trusted and recognized brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products, Green Works natural home care products, Pine Sol cleaners, Poett home care products, Fresh Step cat litter, Kingsford charcoal, Hidden Valley and K C Masterpiece dressings and sauces, Brita water filtration products, Glad bags and wraps and containers, and Burt s Bees natural personal care products
Our company is providing the end to end IT support to Clorox and I am worked as a Technical Lead/ETL Administrator, EDW/BI Architect in this project.
- Worked as an Informatica Lead and Admin.
- Performed Upgrade of Informatica PC Version 7.x to Informatica PC 8.x
- Responsible for ETL Architecture. Implemented standards and best practices
- Managed application development, implementation and Production release.
- Worked extensively on SAP data sources and hands on experience on Informatica Power exchange connector to connect to SAP source.
- Provided Production support for the entire EDW applications.
- As per change request (CR) migration of objects in all phases (DEV, QA and PROD) of project.
- Involved in performance tuning of the Mappings, SQL statements, Query optimization, and Explain Plan utilities for Optimum Performance and used Informatica Debugger.
- Involved in labeling and migrating the Mappings, Workflows using Deployment groups from Dev to Test and Prod environment.
- Experience in create, backup and restore for Informatica Repositories
- Used BMC Control M tools for scheduling Informatica jobs.
- Responsible to manage the privileges of users and folders using Repository Manager and used Informatica Admin console for Admin activities such as starting / stopping server, repository backups and their restorations
- Provided architectural design for Informatica.
- Worked as a Data Analyst in defining the data process flow.
- Managed user permissions on the folders in Dev, Test, Stage environments.
- Created deployment group, queries and labels.
- Managed PC Integration, repository, Analyst, Reporting, Model repository services.
- Lead the offshore team of ETL/BI Developers providing them with in depth understanding of the Architecture, ETL system design and requirements.
- Wrote UNIX shell scripts for invoking the Informatica jobs through Control M tool.
- Mentored junior members in team on Informatica Power Center product suite.
- Developed data Mappings between source systems to Landing and from Standardization to warehouse components using Mapping Designer.
- Worked extensively on different types of transformations like source qualifier, expression, filter, aggregator, rank, update strategy, lookup, stored procedure, sequence generator, joiner.
- Problem resolution involves resolving the issues raised by the client/actuarial users, validation of the data in the database or in the application functionality.
- Optimizing/Tuning mappings/sessions, indexing and partitioning for better performance and efficiency.
Environment: Informatica Power center 8.6.1, Oracle 10g, Windows XP, Sun Solaris, SUSE Linux, and UNIX as Server and Citrix as Client, BMC Control M Tool and UNIX Shell Script.
Project Name: Professional Products Division Data mart
This project is to build a separate data mart to capture all sales data of brokers and to pay commission to them. We created a separate data mart in Oracle database and loaded data using Informatica tool. On top of it built various dash boards using OBIEE
- Worked with business to understand the requirement and prepare BRD, FSD, Mapping Inventory and other technical documents
- Prepared the data model
- Designed the tables, views, indexes etc
- Worked on scheduling the Informatica jobs through BMC Control M tool
- Created the OBI repository and build custom dash board and reports
- Worked on deploying the OBIEE components from dev to SIT and prod environments
- Worked on performance tuning like configuring the cache management, building summary/aggregate tables etc
- Co ordinate with offshore development team to transfer the business requirements and to meet the deadlines
- Co ordinate with business partners during UAT and during Production cut off
- OBIEE Support operation
- Involved in creation of new answers ad hoc reports based on the business requirement
- worked in RPD for importing the physical tables and modifying the BMM
- Provided user access and security to report and dashboards
- Worked on creating connection pool and performance tuning in OBIEE
- Configured Event Polling for clearing the stale cache
- Hyperion IRS/Brio Development and Production Support Engineer
- Created various business critical reports and dashboards using Hyperion Designer
- Worked on Large scale RDBMS and OLAP
- Knowledge on ODBC, OCE creations and support and trouble shoot day to day issues
- Doing production Support for various Hyperion tools like Brio, Essbase, IRS, HFM etc.
- Having knowledge on Hyperion Brio Administration like creating groups, roles, assigning users to correct groups and roles, ODBC etc
- Takes care of scheduling and publishing the IRS reports through web portal and assigning the correct privileges
- Knowledge in Active directory sync with IRS(External user authentication)
- To Manage the overall support activity in the area of business process Finance, ES, Sales and Marketing and applications like Informatica, OBIEE, Hyperion Essbase, Brio, HFM, Oracle database, Unix platforms etc
- Instrumental in meeting project SLA and SLO, preparing Project monthly Dashboards, reports
- Provided 24/7 support with Onsite Offshore model
- Used BMC Control M toll for scheduling the jobs
- Followed the ITSM process of Incident Management, Problem management and Change Management for support process
- Worked on Remedy and OVSD (HP tool) for ticket logging
Transformation Project Technical Lead
The objective of this project to migrate all servers from client data center to HP data center. We had nearly 600+ Windows/Unix servers which need to upgraded/migrated from one data center to other data center.
- As a Transformation lead was involved in preparing planning, technical, rollback and Integration documents
- Coordinate across team members during the initial testing and at the time of cutover
- Migration of servers from one data center to another data center
- Was involved in migration and upgrade of all BI/DW related application servers
- Most of the Windows servers have been converted in to VM Ware servers
- All Sun OS Unix servers has been converted to HP Unix OS servers which required lots of scripts conversion and testing
- Informatica application was upgraded from PC7x to PC8x in the Linux box
- Coordinated in testing of all database
Confidential Sr. Informatica DeveloperIntuit Financial Services, formerly Digital Insight, helps financial institutions optimize their profitability by continuously innovating how consumers and businesses manage their money. Our on demand financial management solutions are based on decades of customer insights.
- Analyzed the business requirements and framing the business logic for the ETL process.
- Helped architect in design and development of conceptual, logical and dimensional Data models for the data warehouse
- Extensively worked with Informatica architecture, created repository, folders, defined users and assigned appropriate privileges. Documented Informatica development standard to improve quality of metadata, mappings maintainability and performance.
- Extensively involved in ETL code using Informatica, Decision Base to meet requirements for extraction, transformation, cleansing and loading of data from source to target data structures.
- Written functional and technical plans for the transformation and loading the data mart.
- Worked on Variable and parameters in the mapping to pass the values between sessions.
- Created mapping using various transformations like Lookup, Aggregator, and Expression, Router, Filter, update Strategy transformation and sequence generator.
- Designed complex mappings involving target load order and constraint based loading.
- Developed a data model for the Operational Data Store (ODS) using third normal form and dimensional data model using a star schema.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8, Oracle, TOAD, Windows, Unix
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Sanmina SCI is a leading EMS provider focused on delivering complete end to end manufacturing capabilities and highly complex solutions to technology companies around the world.
- Involved as ETL design and Cognos architect creating ETL interfaces to load data from different source systems to Date warehouse databases and creating new reports using Cognos Report Studio, Query Studio and Frame Work Manager
- Worked with the business analyst to understand business requirements for decision support data.
- Involved in gathering end user requirements, documenting, and developing prototypes.
- Prepare estimations as per the user requirement and make sure the deliverables are delivered as per schedules.
- Involving the Data modeling as per new user requirement using Erwin tool.
- Lead 4 ETL developers on various project deliverables
- Prepared the documents and supported for production deployment of mappings, sessions, workflows and Cognos reports and cubes.
- Involved in solving the production issues in ETL mappings for some of applications which are very critical to the functional user.
- Involved in supporting of ETL interfaces after the work hours if there were any production issue.
- Created Informatica mappings with parameters files and transformations (such as Source qualifier, Aggregators, Filters, Router, Joiners, Sequence, Lookup s, Update Strategy),tasks( such as sessions, command, Event wait, Event raise, Decision) to build business rules
- Developed complex mappings to load Dimension & Fact tables as per STAR schema.
- Created a new Cognos Cube using Frame work manager and created business critical reports using Report studio
- Created many ad hoc reports using query studio
- Worked on Manugistics Networks Supply/Reporting Supply Chain Planning tool
Environment: Informatica Power Center, Cognos Report Studio, Query Studio, Frame Work Manager, TOAD, Unix, Windows, Manugistics Reporting tool
- Developed Product Warehouse system and business critical reports for Chennai Sea Customs
- Extraction, Transformation and Loading of source data into Data Warehouse using Informatica.
- Involved in the initial Design phase
- Used mapping designer and mapplets to generate different mappings for different loads and tuned the mappings for better performance.
- Created new Sessions, Worklets and Workflows
- Involved in Unit Testing & Preparing Unit Test Plan to check the data consistency.
- Involved in creating the Mapping Inventory
Environment: Informatica Power Center , TOAD, Unix, Windows
- Developed the complete Market Place using JSP, Servlets and Beans. This includes development of Beans (EJB) for shipping charge calculations, Tax calculations and Beans, which connect Cyber source server for credit card processing.
- Designed & developed the Scheduler module which stores the schedules of Physicians and appointment requests submitted by patients for each registered site.
- Involved in development of Chat Server application for the chat module.
- Designed & developed the database for this domain in oracle 8i