- Around 7 years of work experience in Information Technology as Informatica Developer with strong background in ETL Data warehousing and as Database Developer in MS SQL Server technology
- Experience in using Informatica Power Center tools Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Repository Manager, metadata Manager.
- Extensive experience in developing complex mappings from varied transformations like Router, Filter, Sorter, Connected and Unconnected lookups, Normalizer, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Union, Update Strategy, Stored Procedure and Sequence Generator etc.
- Experienced in loading data, troubleshooting, Debugging mappings, performance tuning of Informatica (Sources, Targets, Mappings and Sessions) and fine-tuned transformations to make them more efficient in terms of session performance.
- Experienced with Integration of data from heterogeneous sources such as Relational tables, flat files, MS Excel, and XML files
- Working knowledge of data warehouse techniques and practices, experience including ETL processes, dimensional data modeling (Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema, FACT & Dimension Tables), OLTP and OLAP.
- Used Debugger in Informatica Power Center Designer to check the errors in mapping
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries and PL/SQL, including the use of stored procedures, functions and triggers to implement business rules and validations.
- Excellent skills in fine tuning the ETL mappings in Informatica.
- Experience in Data Modeling tool – Erwin and Data Warehousing Concepts
- Extensive experience using database tool such as SQL *Plus, SQL * Loader and TOAD
- Experience in developing the applications using T-SQL Programming (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Strong knowledge of Relational Database modeling and Dimensional modeling concepts.
- Versatile in BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio), Query Analyzer, Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration/Analysis/ Reporting Services etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, project management skills, a very good team player and self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
ETL Tools: Informatica 9.x/8.x/7.x (Power Center/Power Mart) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Server Manager, Power Connect)
Data Modeling: Physical Modeling, Logical Modeling, Relational Modeling, Dimensional Modeling (Erwin, Star Schema, Snow-Flake, Fact, Dimensions), Entities, Attributes, Cardinality, ER Diagrams.
Databases: Oracle 9g, MYSQL, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 , MS Access.
Languages: T-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, Data Structures, Visual Basic
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Tools: SQL plus, PL/SQL Developer, Toad, SQL* Loader
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, MS-DOS and Linux
Confidential , Washington, D.C
Sr. Informatica Developer
- Responsible for Business Analysis and Requirements Collection and involved in Designing Technical Specification.
- Transforming high-level design spec to simple ETL coding. Designing mappings according to the mapping standards, naming standards and warehouse standards for future application development.
- Worked on Informatica Power Center 9.1 tool -Source Analyzer, Data warehousing designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet, Transformations, Work Flow Manager (Task Developer, Worklets, and Work Flow Designer) and Work Flow Monitor.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center to load data from Flat Files to DB2, Flat Files to SQL Server, DB2 to XML files, Flat Files to Oracle.
- Created mappings using the transformations like Source Qualifier, Aggregator, Expression, Lookup, Router, Filter, Update Strategy and Joiner transformations.
- Created one time mappings and workflows for better understanding and easy to use.
- Worked with Variables and Parameters in the mappings.
- Developed PL/SQL and UNIX Shell Scripts for scheduling the sessions in Informatica.
- Involved in Performance tuning for sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Created deployment groups, migrated the code into different environments.
- Experience in using Cognos 8.x for report development using Report Studio, Framework Manager.
- Creating List, Charts, Cross Tab, Filters, Master Detail, Drill Through reports in report studio.
- Worked closely with reporting team to generate various reports.
Environment: Informatica Power Centre 9.1,Informatica Identity Resolution (IIR) ,Teradata V2R12/V2R6, Oracle 10g, Teradata SQL Assistant and Administrator, IMS Data, XML, LINUX, UNIX Shell Scripting , Rational Clear Quest, Agile methodology, Windows, AutosysConfidential
Sr. ETL/Informatica Developer
- Designed and Implemented the ETL Process using Informatica power center.
- Data is sourced from the work units’ span across huge variety of data sources like Oracle, Flat Files, MS Access and Spread Sheets. ETL flows are developed from Source to Stage, Stage to Work tables and Stage to Target Tables.
- Source and Target Definitions are imported from Source Analyzer and Target Designer connecting to databases using Relational and ODBC Connections.
- Developed several complex Informatica Mappings using different transformations like Normalizer, SQL Transformation, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Lookup, Sorter, Filter, Router and so on.
- Worked in developing Mapplets and Re-usable Transformations for reusability and reducing effort.
- Created Work Flows with Command Tasks, Worklets, Decision, Event Wait and Monitored sessions by using workflow monitor.
- Migrated Informatica Folders from Development Environment to Test and System Test Environment and Worked with Admins to migrate the same to Production environments.
- Wrote PL/SQL procedures for reconciliation of data between source and target to automate testing phases for preliminary validation.
- Developed Metadata driven code for effective utilization and maintenance using technical metadata, business metadata and process metadata.
- Working with control-M scheduler.
- Create database triggers for Data Security.
- Assist in writing project documentation used Microsoft Visio for different diagrams.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.1,8.6, (Repository Manger, Designer, Server Manager, Workflow Monitor, Workflow Manager), ETL, Flat files, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL * Loader, Toad, Excel and Windows.
Confidential, Manchester, NH
- Prepared User Requirements Documentation for mapping and additional functionality.
- Established business rules for the efficient ETL processing and mappings.
- Analyzed the functional specifications provided by the data architect and created Technical specification documents and Detail design documents for all the mappings.
- Created Migration Documentation and Process flow for mappings and sessions.
- Responsible for Data Extraction and Transformation from disparate sources like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, flat files, and Loading to Oracle using Informatica Power Center.
- Involved in designing of Informatica Mappings by translating the business requirements.
- Implemented complex business rules by creating reusable transformations, and robust Mappings/Mapplets.
- Used Dynamic Lookup transformation for implementing Slowly Changing Dimensions and synchronizing the target load rows throughout the session run.
- Created Workflows using Workflow manager for different tasks like sending email notifications, timer that triggers when an event occurs and sessions to run a mapping.
- Created Pipeline partitioning to improve Session performance.
- Developed Pre SQL and Post SQL scripts for Informatica jobs, PL/SQL stored procedures and functions.
- Used the Debugger to validate the transformations by creating break-points and analyzing the debug monitor.
- Involved in Performance Tuning and optimization of Informatica mappings and session.
- Scripts were run through UNIX shell programs in Batch scheduling.
- Extensively used shell scripts and Perl scripts to automate the ETL process.
- Created Test data and Unit test cases to ensure successful data loading process.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 7.12, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, ETL, Flat files, Excel, Windows XP, Unix.
- Analyzed the source systems which include construction demands,, order processing system, quote system etc.
- Worked closely with business analysts to understand the requirements, needs and use cases for Synchronization of data.
- Designed and created required mappings for effective ETL procedure development and implementation.
- Consolidated, cleansed, integrated, ETL, and customized the data.
- Responsible for Data modeling and populating the business rules using mappings into the Repository for Meta Data management.
- Extensively involved in the analysis, design and modeling.
- Created Complex mappings using Connected Lookup, Stored Procedure, Expression, Update Strategy, Joiner and Router transformations for populating target table in efficient manner.
- Involved in developing and testing of ETL, Informatica mappings, workflows, sessions using Informatica.
- Designed sessions using Workflow Manager and monitored using Workflow Monitor.
- Optimized query performance, session performance and reliability.
- Developed test plans for unit testing and integration testing. Perform QA testing.
Environment: ETL Informatica Power Center 8.6 / 8.1 (Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager), Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL*PLUS, SQL*Loader, Flat Files, TOAD (Query Tool), Erwin, SQL Server 2005, SQL Loader, Windows XP Professional, UNIX.Confidential
- Interaction with business users for collecting, analyzing and documenting requirements.
- Analyzed the functional specs provided by the data architect and created technical specs documents for all the mappings.
- Converted the data mart from Logical design to Physical design, defined data types, Constraints, Indexes, generated Schema in the Database, created Automated scripts, defined storage parameters for the objects in the Database.
- Defined various facts and Dimensions in the data mart including Fact less Facts, Aggregate and Summary facts.
- Reviewed source systems and proposed data acquisition strategy.
- Designed and Customized data models for Data Mart supporting data from multiple sources on real time.
- Designed and developed Informatica Mappings to load data from Source systems to ODS and then to Data Mart.
- Extensively used Power Center to design multiple mappings with embedded business logic.
- Creation of Transformations like Lookup, Joiner, Rank and Source Qualifier Transformations in the Informatica Designer.
- Created complex mappings using Unconnected Lookup, Sorter, Aggregator, newly changed dynamic Lookup and Router transformations for populating target table in efficient manner.
- Created Mapplet and used them in different Mappings.
- Performance tuning of the Informatica mappings using various components like Parameter files, Variables and Dynamic Cache. Used shell scripts for automating the execution of maps.
- Designed and developed Oracle PL/SQL scripts for Data Import/Export.
- Created various UNIX Shell Scripts for scheduling various data cleansing scripts and loading process. Maintained the batch processes using Unix Shell Scripts.
- Managed Change control implementation and coordinating daily, monthly releases and reruns.
- Used windows Scripting and Scheduled pmcmd to interact with Informatica Server from command mode.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 6.1.3, Oracle 9g, Toad, Erwin 4.0, Unix