IT DIRECTOR / IT SENIOR MANAGER
Experienced global IT services leader with broad-based expertise implementing technology solutions, adept at service desk design and implementation, IT Project Management, problem analysis and solution delivery, sales support engineering. Expert in developing service desk processes to support single or multi-site IT and Service Desk groups. Noted for being a leader, team player, problem solver, and persuasive communicator with the ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external customers. Successful coordination of new site construction and data center as well as infrastructure installations and relocations both locally and internationally - experienced in Caribbean, Latin America, and Asia Pacific.
Director, Solution Architecture - Confidential (February 2011 - August 2011)
- Overall responsibilities: Requirements gathering and solution architecture for clients implementing Orange Hippo's Cloud-Based Telephony Solution.
- Specific functions: Managed and supported the delivery of solutions for clients by coordinating with key team members to ensure minimal disruption to existing operations. Provided internal support to IT Operations team during implementation of new technology including installation and delivery of data center equipment. Additional responsibilities included help desk and change management, network and telecom monitoring; as well as support of Articulate (eLearning), Carbonite Pro (Workstation backup) and LandSlide CRM.
Senior Manager, Operations - Confidential (February 2010 - February 2011)
- Overall responsibilities: All site operations for the Dominican Republic production arm of Theorem, an online media company.
- Specific functions: Responsible for delivering satellite location for multinational media company. Design and implementation of Active Directory environment, including multiple server builds, data center and infrastructure delivery. Implementation of all operational processes such as HR functions, local budgets, payroll and development of multiple vendor relationships. Direct hire of 15 new team members with very discrete requirements.
Director, End User Services - Confidential (August 2004 - November 2009) Received multiple promotions from Manager to Director due to exceptional job performance
- Overall responsibilities: Comprehensive oversight of 15,000+ seat IT Service Desk team; ensured high levels of client satisfaction across sites in the US, Canada, Central America, the Caribbean, India, and the Philippines. Extensive work deploying new business across global footprint including new international call center construction and integrations concentrating on data center implementations and overall technology infrastructure implementation and delivery.
- Specific functions: Ensured client architected solutions not only met but exceeded the needs of the business; reported relevant issues and ensured that client-related issues were discussed and diagnosed to ensure internal and external customer service level agreements were met; performed hands on support as well as management of outside shared services. Management of all Help Desk operations including 2nd & 3rd level support of Active Directory environment.
Application Integration Engineer (Consultant) - Confidential - (January 2004 - August 2004)
- Overall responsibilities: As contractor for Computer Horizons Corporation provided support for the bank's Standard Desktop Initiative by working with Wise for Windows Installer to develop software packages for distribution throughout the organization; also used Novell's Application Launcher, Active Directory, and Microsoft SMS.
- Specific functions: Packaged applications through integration work for distribution to Windows XP Professional desktops across the bank including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Reflections for Windows, Photoshop, Quark, and a variety of banking and securities applications.
Systems Engineer (Consultant) - Confidential- (January 2001 - June 2002)
- Overall responsibilities: As consultant for Charles River Consulting developed software packages through the use of various MSI technologies.
- Specific functions: Performed compatibility, functionality, and integration testing of software packages in various stages of the integration process from conception to final packaging, including User Acceptance and Quality Assurance Testing; developed Benchmarking Metrics to gather performance markers on various desktop builds across different models.
Technology Support Manager - Confidential Senior Technology Analyst - Confidential Senior Network Analyst - Confidential Technology Specialist - Confidential
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Global Service Desk Management
- Sales Engineering Support
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Global Technology Architecture Telecom and Network Management
- Project Management
- Change Management
- Disaster Recovery Business Process Outsourcing
- PCI Compliance
- Vendor Management
- Capital Management Technology Strategy
- Data Center Implementations
- International Experience
- Fluent in Spanish DNS
- Active Directory
- Windows Server
- Advanced Technical Support Quality
- Windows 200x: Directory Design
- Storage & File Systems
- Group Policy / Virtualization
- Administrative Strategies
- Google Apps LAN / WAN / SAN, VPN, Wireless, SIP, VoIP, ACD, PBX, IIS, DHCP, DNS, Firewalls
- Strong technical background with specialized knowledge of help desk/service desk design and implementation; project/program management; data analysis; project lifecycle management; technical and functional aspects of infrastructure set up and compliance standards; crisis management; client relations; and integration processes to increase technology system efficiencies.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects combined with extensive background in planning, developing and implementing technology solutions fostering cross-functional systems access while maintaining security in a continuous effort to increase employee productivity and reduce system downtime in a cost-effective manner.
- Effective leader of top-performing teams in concerted efforts to maximize company revenues by defining and implementing policies, procedures and operational systems that boost productivity, efficiency and quality of operations.
- Competent leader and mentor who is able to create a team environment, including building collaborative relationships, training peers to perform at maximum efficiency, and the capacity to form cross-functional coalitions in order to ensure knowledge is shared across departmental lines.
- Recognized for being process driven with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Supported approximately 15,000 nodes, 10 PBX switches and 150 servers containing a variety of Microsoft Server solutions along with Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7.
- Knowledge of Sun/Windows-based servers using various operating system levels;
- Expertly designed, built and maintained help desk and service desk environments for internal and external customers.
- Managed large-scale functional technology projects related to human resources systems, technical support and help desk operations, call center operations, and banking and financial systems.
- Skillfully managed multiple global projects with diverse, cross-functional teams to increase company-wide revenues.
- Effectively managed and supported staff relevant to specific projects in order to complete assignments on time and on budget.
- Contract negotiations and vendor management to ensure that requirements are fully documented, pricing terms are clearly established, and service level agreements are mutually agreed to.
- Consulted with internal organizations and clients to define steps, processes, and customized implementation plans supporting the successful launch of new business
- Managed the planning, analysis, design, configuration, and cutover activities to support the implementation of client campaigns and internal application development projects.
- Provided project leadership in order to achieve maximum production, including budget control, production timetable, status reporting, client/project team coordination, and quality assurance.
- Conducted Scope of Work and Requirements analysis to determine appropriate solutions to client's business needs.
- Ensured adequate desktop/telecom support processes to guarantee a satisfied customer base-projects included design and implementation of key metrics, scorecards and various dashboards for measurement of IT adherence of SLAs.
- Managed multiple large scale growth projects including extensive systems and services oversight and execution.
- Managed Data Center Implementations for 600+ seat call center in the Dominican Republic.
- Managed multiple projects related to the IT implementations of new and existing clients in multiple locations around the world.
- Performed extensive due diligence of IT assets and related components during site acquisitions in The Philippines, El Salvador, India, and the Dominican Republic.
EDUCATION Law - 1 Year (JD Candidate) Bachelor of Arts (Political Science)