A progressive Business Analyst commensurate with a Masters degree in Business Management and
over 5 years of experience with extensive knowledge and experience across the project life cycle using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in the fields of Procurement, Finance, Health Insurance, Investment Banking and Telecommunication.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and documentation skills along with good process management skill to gather requirements to bring out the quality product.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Waterfall SDLC, Rational Unified Process (RUP) software development process framework, complete UML Artifact, Scope definitions, and AGILE development framework with Scrum, AUP, XP and Six Sigma.
- Extensive experience in facilitating user group meetings and gathering system requirements for web application development using Rational RequisitePro, Microsoft Word.
- Experience in networking with individuals at various levels and posses outstanding skills in structuring and facilitating JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design.
- Ability to work cohesively with all Stakeholders to formulate Functional models and prototypes to meet stakeholder expectations, and Workflow optimization.
- Experienced in developing Use Case Models, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams Process flow diagram and Data Flow Diagrams (DFD).
- Worked extensively on performing 'AS IS' and 'To BE', GAP, Cost/Benefit, Impact analysis and drafted Project Analysis documentations.
- Strong visual modeling and business process modeling skills with tools like Rational Rose, MS Visio and StarUML.
- In-depth knowledge of conducting User Acceptance Test (UAT), data quality checks using SQL, and Requirement Traceability.
- Familiar with MS Project & SharePoint to manage schedules, deadlines, resources, collaborate with different teams and analyze project information.
- Well versed with conducting SWOT, PESTLE, Resource analysis, developing proof of concept, and detailed story boards to help with business and technical decisions.
Areas of Expertise
Business Modeling: UML Modeling using Rational Rose, StarUML, MS Visio, Rational Software Modeler.
Requirement Management: Rational RequisitePro, Microsoft Word, Case Complete,
HP Quality Center
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process, SDLC, Agile Methodologies, Waterfall
Application: SharePoint, MS Office Suite, Oracle E-Business Suite Financials Oracle, Microsoft suite, MS Project, SPSS
Database: MS Access, Oracle 8i, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g
Operating Systems: Windows Vista Professional, Windows XP Professional, UNIX 5.0.4, Linux, Windows 98
Internet & Mailing Services: MS Outlook, IBM Lotus Notes
Network: Hubs, Modems, Repeaters, generic Routers and CISCO Routers/Switches
Confidential, OH June 11 - Present
Columbia Gas of Ohio, with headquarters in Columbus, is one of the nine energy distribution companies of NiSource Inc. Serving approximately 1.4 million residential, commercial and industrial customers. NiSource hired me as a Business Analyst to support the client needs and automate all the data sources which was feed into Zycus Performance Management System. I was also involved in maintaining and solving request I.T, order I.T and problem tickets. Also implemented a reporting system to support the customer needs by coordinating with IBM Team.
- Acted as a liaison between Columbia Gas and IBM.
- Extensively gathered business requirements from all users, experts under IT service delivery to understand the current functionality of the existing system.
- Interacting with key business users and geographically dispersed stakeholders.
- Took ownership in modeling and documenting the end-user's AS-IS workflow and TO-BE business processes.
- Created different artifacts such as use cases and developed Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Rational Rose and Ms Visio.
- Analyzed and maintained business and system requirements using Requisite Pro.
- Support overall coordination between all involved parties, using project management skills and techniques.
- Involved with the Test planning, test development and test execution.
- Work with third party vendor to deploy SharePoint (so it can be used as a centralize document repository and collaboration).
- Facilitate training sessions and created training documents to train the end users.
Environment: Rational Requisite pro, Rational Rose, MS Office Suite, Ms Visio, Lotus notes, MS SharePoint
Confidential, PA May 10 - May 11
Confidential, is the industry leader in providing clients with successful business process outsourcing (BPO) solutions. Their outsourcing portfolio includes accounts receivable management, customer management services, and back office services for a diversified customer base. Project dealt with updating a system for their clients using a web based customer support and payment options. Further in the project a diverse system that could track payments, partial payment option (PPO) and providing the staff and agents a complete automated system which could hold credit reports and updated personal information such as addresses and employment information and history.
- Acted as a liaison between corporate departments, including Executive, Legal and Information Services as well as vendor relationships.
- Requirement gathering and analyzing - conducting customer interviews, surveys and creating Scope documents defining Partial payment option (PPO) methods.
- Followed Agile Methodology for the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Designed the Vision document to give the stakeholders a high level idea about the project.
- Created a simpler version in a diagrammatic approach using Star UML that how client, customers and agents were connected.
- Developed use-cases and use-case diagrams from the functional requirements and user stories using STAR UML.
- Followed up with the SME in every module to ensure that FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practice Act) guidelines are being followed.
- DFD and state diagrams were created using Ms Visio Analyzed and tested the user interface (UI) and redesigned it to increase its user friendliness for the business user.
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and managed requirements.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans based on User Requirements Document (URD) and prepared the Test Cases using Test Director/Quality Center.
- Used MS Project in updating timelines and project scheduling for the new automated payment system.
- Led Power Point presentations for the development of technical applications for the departmental user base.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Ms Visio, MS Project, StarUML, HP Quality center
Confidential, OH Sep 08 - Apr 10
Confidential, is a leading provider of voice, video and data services across America and the world. For more than a century, homes and businesses have relied on Qwest dependable dial tone connection.
I was assigned the task of implementing a new application for the billing Mediation System and enhanced Magellan LCR (Least Cost Routing) System to provide quality of service to the customers.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordination with management of multiple projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
- Liaised with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Implemented RUP methodology to develop process, standards and procedures.
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing Mediation system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
- Implemented Use Cases to capture the system requirement.
- Utilized SQL (queries) programming to understand the DB structure.
- Convert the Business Process Requirements (BPR) into System Specification Requirements (SRS).
- Created different traceability views to determine feature and use case dependence.
- Traced test cases and functional specifications to SSRs and BPRs using Caliber.
- Created Interface document between upstream and downstream applications.
- Created, compiled, maintained and communicated orderly test results and status reports.
- Worked with the clients on the final signing process in the user acceptance stages.
Environment: Ms Visio, CaliberRM, SQL Server
Confidential, ILMay 07 - Aug 08
Confidential, was formerly an indirect subsidiary of Netherlands-based ABN AMRO Bank. It was headquartered in Chicago Illinois with $116 billion in assets. Bank of America acquired LaSalle bank in 2007. The project was dealt with the migration of datacenter Operations from Lassalle Bank to Bank of America's portal Operations and datacenter. All applications housed at the LaSalle Global Trust Services data center re-hosted into a Bank of America technology facility.
- Work as a liaison between IT, Global Securities and Trust Services business unit.
- Communicate/Coordinate between businesses, IT teams, Desktop support to clearly define the project scope, map the project functional specs to technical/system requirements.
- Identify technical primary and secondary owners for defining migration tasks by conducting interviews.
- Ensuring the quality of code delivered by the offshore team.
- Researched and analyzed various Bank of America day-to-day operations and processes.
- Conduct GAP analysis of the Enterprise shared services design application.
- Coordinated the data center migration between the datacenter team, hosting team, infrastructure, third party and PMO.
- Change Requests are documented and assessed their impact to project performance following Change Control Management.
- Lead the effort to create the design doc, test plan, coordinated all UAT test cycles, results and defects.
- Pro-actively involved in defect discovery, resolve and verified by implementing defect management process throughout SDLC.
- Facilitate training sessions for current Tustin IT Admin staff on how to escalate/resolve system issues using BAC resources.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, Microsoft Suite, SQL, MS SharePoint
Master in Business Administration (MBA)