A Business Analyst with 7 years of diverse experience in the industry. Actively participated in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle and was involved in all the dimensions of Functionality, Usability, Reliability and Performance testing. Admirable experience in working together with end users, business representatives and the IT community to deliver efficient and cost-effective products that meets the needs of the corporation. Experience in gathering business requirements, analyzing, and converting user requirements into business requirements and have proved time and time again as an effective team leader and team member.
- Over 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst/ Project Coordinator, worked in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC), (such as Waterfall, Rapid Prototyping Model), Rapid Application Development (RAD), Iterative Models (RUP - Rational Unified Process) and Programming Methodology (such as Scrum)
- Interacting with business users and executives to identify information needs, gather Functional Requirements, Technical Requirements and Non-functional requirements.
- Preparing Business Requirement Documents (BRD), designing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), Use Case Diagrams, Use case scenarios, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams usingUML modeling.
- Conducting Joint Application Design (JAD sessions, interviews, workshops and requirement elicitation sessions with end-users, clients, stakeholders and development team.
- Creating Project Deliverables such as Software Project Charter and Communications Matrix.
- Creating Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Project Schedules and Project Timelines.
- Creating Business Context Diagrams, Work Flow Diagrams, Implementation Checklists and Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM)
- Using MS Project to manage schedules, deadlines, Multitasking and resources using the Triple Constraint
- Determining Task Dependencies, Identifying Milestones & Monitoring Critical Paths using Gantt Charts, Resource Plans (Schedule & Allocations), Network Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD) and Requirements Traceability Matrix(RTM)
- Work with Remedy tool to monitor the closure of any bugs raised by end user
- Good working knowledge of Oracle financial products, People soft HRMS, TERADATA, MDM, BI, BRMS, DRP, ITIL, Dashboard, CMS and Portfolio Accounting.
- Hands on experience on Sales force CRM ,CMS and Dashboard
- Created Application Prototypes and Screen Mock-Ups
- Created SQL queries to retrieve the data from database
- Knowledge of Healthcare, Property & Casualty, Insurance, SSRS, data warehousing and use of database design technique such as star schema.
- Organized weekly Project Status, Technical documentation and Task Review meetings
- Created PowerPoint presentations and project updates using MS Project for management review
- Developing Test Cases from Use Cases, reviewing Test Plans to ensure Use Cases accurately reflect Functional and User Interface testing, and implementing Manual and Automation Testing using (Quick Test Professional(QTP), Test Director, Mercury Quality Center and Bugzilla)
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ability to articulate alternative solutions and reasoning behind the alternatives
- Demonstrated skills in managing relationships with key clients, understanding their marketing plans and budgets and developing customized pitches/ proposal.
- Familiarity with all the standards/Compliance HIPAA,SOX,PCI,CMM
- Worked closely with the QA team, knowledge about the testing principles.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Excellent technical, analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Very detail-oriented team player with an ability to work in time-sensitive and high-pressure environments.
Mercury Load Runner, Quick Test Pro(QTP), Win Runner, Test Director, Quality Center.
DB2, MS-ACCESS, Oracle 8i, 9i and SQL-Server.
Windows 95/98/ME/2000/NT/XP/Vista , UNIX, LINUX, Sun Solaris, MVS
Visual Basic, Java, MS Visio, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint.
IBM ES9000, IBM S390, IBM PC/AT, Sun SPARC, HP-9000, Macintosh, Intel Pentiums (II, III, IV) and RAID Servers.
TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, NetBEUI Protocols.
SAP R/3 4.6C, 4.7.
CICS, Expeditor, Endeavor, File-Aid, QMF, and TSO ISPF/PDF.
ETL, TOAD, Net Expert, Star Team, Digital Work Flow, DOORS, PageMaker, MS WORD, EXCEL, VSAM, AS 400, MACROS,ISAM, POWER POINT, MS ACCESS, PROJECT, LOTUS SMART-SUITE, Lotus Notes, IBM Web Sphere and IBM Web Logic
Confidential,Hartford,CT July 2011 - Present
United Health Group provides health insurance products and related services to nearly 4 million members. The company\'s health plans include HMO, PPO, POS, traditional indemnity, and supplemental Medicare. UHG also provides dental, vision, and workers compensation plans, life insurance, and third-party administration (TPA) services. The aim of the project was to develop a claim system that provides health plan administrators with reports summarizing the information about the claimants, Service Plans etc.
- Liaised with business and functional owner during risk engineering and high-level review sessions to derive and execute action plans, meeting deadlines and standards.
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR).
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Applied change requests, versions, and addendums.
- Identified, researched, investigated, analyzed, defined and documented business processes and Use Case Scenarios.
- Performed Gap analysis by identifying existing technologies, documenting the enhancements to meet the end state requirements.
- Assist with user testing of systems (User Acceptance Testing), developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place
- Worked with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
- Used SOA design principles during the phases of systems development and integration.
- Ensured on-time and on-budget performance of the assigned efforts to the mutual satisfaction of the business partners/ sponsors.
- Used agile methodology during the execution of individual phases of the project.
- Developed the test plan, test conditions and test cases to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and/or product knowledge.
- Developed unit test cases using Junit.
- With application features and functions the scope and impact of business needs were assessed.
Confidential,Bloomfield, CT Dec 2009 May 2011
CIGNA is a leading health services company that maximizes the engagement of each person they serve. The aim of the project was to develop a Clinical Data Repository (CDR), which is envisioned as a vital engine that will be core to CIGNA’s effectiveness and drive the value proposition and engagement of consumers, members, and providers for CIGNA and improve their competitive positioning.
The scope of the CDR project is to implement a foundational data repository that consolidates clinical and non-clinical data related to a member’s healthcare experiences (e.g. claim, benefit, clinical health information such as diagnosis, personally-reported information, social, demographic, geographic information, etc.) across different business groups from a multitude of systems and data sources both internal and external to CIGNA. In order to support Clinical Informatics and Business Intelligence requirements, the repository will also store value-added data. The CDR initiative is envisioned to be a multi-year project with a phased implementation approach.
- Definition of strategic goals, vision and initiatives. This includes current vision, capabilities, challenges and constraints, enterprise initiatives and conclusions.
- Definition of objectives and purpose of the CDR including the scope and success criteria based on costs, time frame, functionality etc.
- Conducted interviews and workshops with Business Users.
- Collected information requirements from all Business Lines related to Data needs, Reporting needs, Analytics, Auditing/Compliance, Security, Timeliness of data, Storage and Archival.
- Consolidation of requirements.
- Documented dependencies, interrelationships, overlaps and gaps.
- Identified opportunities for effective use of data. This involves analytics, real time use by medical management applications and Design of new products for Wellness programs, Risk Assessment etc.
- Identification of Data Sources which includes definition of data sources based on major characteristics including technical architecture, access methods, content, data volumes, time ranges, available data and missing data.
- Definition of High level Source System Process Flows definition of data flow between source systems and the CDR.
- Used agile methodology during each phase of the phased implementation approach.
- All application were developed using Eclipse (IDE) Environment.
- Integrated Hibernate with Spring framework and used Hibernate as persistence layer.
- Extensive usage of ICD9 codes.
- Definition of Data Acquisition Strategy, which includes ETL strategy, and data loading strategy.
- Definition of the Implementation Roadmap involving recommended solution to meet business requirements, gap analysis between requirements and data availability, recommendations for implementing gaps, Solution scope based on phased approach for project implementation. The implementation roadmap gives the detailed functionality, content, infrastructure for each phase, value/benefit for each phase and timeline for each phase.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA Sept 2007 Nov 2009
- Aventis is a world leader in the discovery, development and marketing of innovative pharmaceutical products. Aventis conducts its U.S. prescription drug business as Aventis Pharmaceuticals. Aventis Pharmaceuticals focuses its activities on important therapeutic areas such as oncology, cardiology, respiratory/allergy, diabetes, arthritis/osteoporosis, and the central nervous system. The major focus of this project is to automate the Laboratory processes. The project involved integration of LIMS-Nautilus (Laboratory Information Management System) with other tools such as Bio- Analyzer, web Portal, Quality Control Data etc., and testing for compliance with 21 CFR Part 11.
- Participated in project review meetings and gathering Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Conducted user interviews, gathered requirements, analyzed the requirements using Rational Rose requisite pro RUP
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, OOD (Object oriented Design) using UML and Visio.
- Participated in JAD sessions and interacted with technical leaders from various departments.
- Conducted workflow, process diagram and GAP analyses
- Assisted with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation is in place.
- Created and Maintained Clinical Supporting documents (technical, business, project level and sops) to meet SDLC standards
- Excellent working knowledge of regulatory requirements (HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, 21 CFR Part 11)
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Clinical Trials that are designed to verify the efficacy and safety of the compound for use by human beings.
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Involved in writing IQ, OQ and PQ specifications documents
- Provided QA oversight to the developers and facilitated the development and implementation to meet the requirements of 21 CFR Part 11
- Implemented FDA guidelines to avoid non-compliance, delays in production and increased costs.
- Created a detail Requirements, Test plan and procedures for application testing using Rational Test Manager.
- Used Rational Robot as the Automation Testing Tool.