- Results-oriented Business Analyst with over 10 years experience in business analysis, deployment and development for a diverse group of Fortune 500 companies. Most recently, helped develop business processes and a SharePoint document management solution using SharePoint, MOSS 2007, Silverlight, and .NET for a client’s tax function.
- Over 5 years E-commerce experience: Founded and operated Yarnware.com selling yarn, needles and other knitting supplies.
- Technical lead experience, taking projects through the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including requirements gathering, design, architecture, creating and managing project development plans, QA and deployment plans.
- Adept at creating and transforming business requirements into functional requirements using UML diagrams and Use cases in MS Visio.
- Hands on experience with the following technologies:
- Visual Studio 2008
- WSS 3.0
- Desktop Software: MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visual Studio
- Testing Software: Loadrunner
- WebTrends, Google Analytics
- Skills: UML
- Databases: Lotus Notes, MS Access
Confidential,Florham Park, New Jersey 2007-2009Senior Associate
- SharePoint Silverlight Tax Document Management System: Participated in the design, development and support of a SharePoint Document Management System for Tax Department of a large industrial conglomerate. Created documents to facilitate requirements gathering including screen mockups. Created test cases and scripts for UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint migration: Migrated a Lotus Notes portal application to SharePoint for a pharmaceutical company. Inventoried the existing data, estimated the effort necessary to do the migration. Gathered requirements and created technical specifications for the SharePoint application and planned and managed the migration.
- Proof of Concept SharePoint application: Created a proof of concept SharePoint application for a large retailer planning to migrate from Lotus Notes to SharePoint. The application was a conference room reservation scheduling system. The site was branded.
- Legal Document Management System: Requirements definition and vendor selection for a Legal Contract Management System for a large cable company. Interviewed over 20 stakeholders, and created use cases, and documented requirements.
- Employee Change Request Workflow: Created an Employee Change Request workflow application in Lotus Notes for the HR department of a large pharmaceutical firm to handle changes to their HR
- Data. Wrote Design Documentation and provide 3rd level support.
- Pharmaceutical Tracking Application: Managed and supported 4 Tracking applications in Lotus Notes for a client in the pharmaceutical industry. Designed and created ad-hoc reports to help the client analyze the data.
Confidential,West Orange, New Jersey 2001-2007
- Designed and developed secure e-commerce system to sell yarn, needles and knitting supplies.
- Developed system to integrate inventory management system with website to display quantities in stock in real time.
- Designed and implemented infrastructure with two clustered servers in different locations across the WAN to provide failover.
- Used Internet marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) to drive sales. Created and managed paid search advertising campaigns.
- Managed a staff of 5.
Confidential,New York, New York 1998-2002Principal Systems Engineer
Responsibilities include: acting as technical lead on projects responsible for the design, architecture and on-time delivery of solutions to client, creating and managing project development plans, test and deployment plans. Projects include:
- Performance Testing/QA of QuickPlace: GE has thousands of QuickPlace servers. The client designed an in house solution for full-text searching across QuickPlace servers. They asked LPS to test their solution and determine the performance impact on their QuickPlace infrastructure. Used Mercury Interactive LoadRunner to create test scripts and load the QP Servers
- GlaxoSmithKline QuickPlace Customization: Customized a QuickPlace DLL to allow the client to build a catalog of QuickPlaces as they are created. Modfied QuickPlace user interface.
- Shearman & Sterling
The project involved building an enterprise-wide collaborative and knowledge driven framework to organize information and documents for each of their clients, and for each matter. The project involved extensive customization of Quickplace, DHTML, and other web development technologies. I worked primarilv on an Administration tool for the project which involved creating a custom DLL with the Quickplace QDK, Domino and web technologies. My role on the project was lead developer.
- NBA Intranet Portal
- People Magazine Intranet Portal