- Around 7 years of experience as a BUSINESS ANALYST with solid understanding of Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling.
- Extensive experience in E commerce, Banking and Telecom Industry.
- Strong knowledge in Automated Clearing House (ACH), Bank Clearing System, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
- General understanding of Accounting process including general ledger and account reconciliation.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including UML, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Extensive experience in conducting JAD sessions - participated in varied roles ranging from facilitator, preparing visual aids, setting goals and objectives, providing read-ahead materials to participants, etc.
- Written Use cases and have produced Use Case Models, creating Behavioral diagrams (use case diagram, Activity diagrams and Sequence diagrams) based on UML Methodology & Business process flow diagrams.
- Proficient in the use of tools like Telelogic DOORS, Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Rational Clear Case, Telelogic System Architect and MS Visio.
- Extensive experience in documentation of business requirements and system functional specifications, including BRD, FRD, and FSD.
- Utilized a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and strategic analysis to provide solutions and creative insights to critical, business problems.
- Effective in multitasking and effective management of assignments according to work schedules with strong project management orientation.
RUP, Agile/Scrum methodology, Waterfall methodology, Cost/Benefit Analysis, Gap Analysis, Feasibility Analysis
Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, MS office Suite, MS visual Studio
Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest
Crystal Reports, MS Excel, Business Objects
MS SQL Server 2005,Oracle
Win 95/98/NT/2000/XP, Unix
Clarity PM, Open Workbench, SharePoint
Confidential, Sap 11- Present
Liberty mutual Insurance was environmental in Life insurance. The Company provides a comprehensive line of property & casualty, brokerage, Life insurance, investment, credit card, mortgage, and trust and payment services products to consumers, businesses and institutions with personal line with Property and causality. It was web based application for Auto insurance internal users in the mainframe in retirement plan in billing center environment.
- Interacted with the project team to define system objectives and scope, identified constraints and the measures of success for the system to be developed in underwriting function.
- Conducted user interviews and JAD sessions to get an understanding of the client’s business process
- Gathered primary input/output requirements and modeled the processes in context diagram using MS Visio in auto insurance.
- Gathered functional requirements from business users and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with front office in insurance based Pega Systems.
- Assisted the Project manager in understanding the project feasibility from Business view point with CRM
- Responsible for creating the Business Requirements Specification Document (BRD) and the Functional Specifications Document (FSD)
- Mapping and tracing System wide data gathering from DBMS within the Entities enhancing the systems info and overall performances. Low Level Design detailing the relation between various modules and finance Expense Reporting of the system.
- Expert in current and future processes that impact all users of associate data in Agile environment.
- Liaised between technical and business teams for obtaining status/updates as well as sharing best practices in personal line business in GUI, screen and interface designs.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level of personal line and Property and causality environments.
- Expert in collaborating with Development and QA teams in unit testing and integration testing in PL policies through multiple carriers in portal.
- Monitoring project progress and performance and providing Status Reports to the project sponsor in data models and demonstrating.
- Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs and final approval of the Design Specification
- Involved in maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables for a project.
- Followed the UML based methods to create: Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, BPMN in commercial line applications.
- Assisting in BRD, interpreting and writing Use Cases, Functional Requirements, Screen Specs, and test cases, data mapping and test scenario documents in web based quote content management applications.
- Conducted the requirements and design walkthroughs with designers, developers and management staff.
- Provided guidance for performance, load and stress testing, manual testing, automation testing.
- Executed the test scripts and test cases and validated the test output in manual testing.
- Assisting in building, developed and leading management process in developing Use Case Models and Test case preparation with testing team.
Environment: MS Office Tools, SQL Server 2008, .NET, MS Visio, MS Project, UML, RUP, Windows XP.
Confidential,New York Oct 2010 to Aug 2011
- Analyzed, defined and managed stakeholder needs.
- Expert in for technical and deliverables unit requirements through survey.
- Expert in dealing with project manager to develop a template for integrate.
- Experience on scope phase to analyze and document complex business processes.
- Conducted formal interviews, user meetings and interviewing users, Live Meetings and JAD sessions with complex information in concise and clear manner.
- Analyzed the AS-IS and TO-BE processes to understand the key findings, peers through ongoing skills development, participation on project management practice.
- Experience in working with business workflow diagrams across multiple platforms.
- Experience in working with QA team on test plan, test scenario, spreadsheets for based on FRS documents.
- Experience in project manager and SME for user interface application.
- Designed and developed different use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, Object Oriented model (class/object diagrams) using MS Visio.
- Assisted team in Databases as Data analysis and created Business Flow Diagram and flow charts.
- Worked with cross-functional teams for building the use cases and business requirements and develop requirements.
- Assisted the testing team in developing the test plan, test conditions, and test cases based on Functional Test cases and testing.
- Worked closely with the project manager in values and support the goals and strategic plan.
- Experience in working with multi-tier systems and integrated applications.
Environment: MS Visio, MS SQL Server, UML, RUP, Windows XP, Quality Center, MS Project.
Confidential,Missouri July 2009- Sep 2010
- Worked extensively with the users and with different levels of management to identify requirements, business events and to develop functional specifications
- Conducted formal interviews, Live Meetings and JAD sessions with business users Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) for requirement gathering
- Conducted user interviews, gather requirements, and analyze the requirements
- Analyzed the AS-IS and TO-BE processes to understand the key findings, the short term considerations, the long term considerations and its benefits
- Wrote Use cases to demonstrate the business requirements and assisted in developing business models
- Utilized the business requirements to develop detailed user interface for the application prototype
- Designed and developed different use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, Object Oriented model (class/object diagrams) using MS Visio and UML.
- Assisted in developing the Business Flow Diagram using MS Visio.
- Worked with cross-functional teams for building the use cases.
- Assisted in creating the project templates for Use case specification, Change request form, functional specification documents and Business Requirement documents and Defect status form
- Assisted the testing team in developing the test plan, test conditions, and test cases based on business requirements and technical specifications.
- Worked closely with the project manager in handling the whole project.
- Participate in the technical team in defining the UAT testing.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Oracle 9i, Client Server, UML, RUP, Windows XP, MS Project.
Confidential,NC Feb 2008- Jun 2009
Business Systems Analyst
RBC Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada. RBC is Canada’s largest financial institution offering a full suite of personal, business and commercial banking solutions. The project was based on merger related activities between RBC Bank and Alabama National Bank (ANB). Involved in the conversion of all Safe Deposit Box customer and account data from the ANB system and accurately loading into the RBC Bank system. The ANB branches located in Alabama, Florida and Georgia were converted in a phased approach. With the acquisition of ANB, RBC Bank has been able to make a better presence in the Southeast.
- Performed requirements gathering from the business users of the system while adhering to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) industry best practices. Used the waterfall methodology for software development.
- Interacted with Software development team and Business users as a liaison in helping developers to understand the business requirements thereby ensuring the proposed applications comply with the business specifications.
- Analyzed information and requirements and documented them. Reviewed the Business Requirement document and detailed the Systems Requirement document.
- Developed process flow diagrams (flow charts) using MS Visio in an effort to identify and analyze process flows in the RBC Safe Deposit Box system.
- Used MS Excel and MS Word to create a field-to-field data map that was used as a main specification document for the conversion program.
- Developed traceability matrix for maintaining/updating system requirements using MS Excel.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met. Identified and participated in resolution of business system issues.
- Lead Validation/Verification, SIT (System Integration Testing), Mock conversion on the system to ensure data accuracy and RBC Bank’s business needs.
- Wrote User Acceptance Test Plan based on business users requirements and reviewed Test Plan templates.
- Delivered and maintained extensive documentation for future extendibility of the system
Environment: IBM Personal Communications, SDLC, Waterfall methodology, UML, UAT, MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, MS Project, Windows XP
Masters of Business management