- 4+ years of software experience in system analysis, data analysis, application design, Implementation and Reporting for Data Warehousing.
- Expertise in Operations Management-commerce, Retail, Market Intelligence, Healthcare and Insurance.
- Extensive Business Intelligence and Data warehousing experience using Hyperion, OBIEE 10.1.3.x/Siebel Analytics 7.x , BO and Informatica.
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - Business Modeling, Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing and Support.
- Worked on Agile (RUP& Scrum), Waterfall, and UML.
- Proficient in performing GAP analysis, risk analysis, hands on experience in documenting as-is business processes and analyzing requirements for to-be system.
- Exceptional facilitation skills in organizing and conducting various walkthroughs, surveys, one on one interviews, brainstorming ideas with the teams from various departments via JAD sessions
- Expert in data flow analysis and data mapping - Oracle Business Warehouse (OWB).
- Proven Experience in Full Life Cycle Implementation of Data warehouses.
- Experienced in requirements gathering, project estimating, planning design, build, maintenance, report design, user navigation design and testing.
- Experienced in creating technical specification documents like System design, Detail design, and Migration and Test Case documents.
- Skilled in Data Warehousing, Data Modeling using Star Schema and Snowflake Schema.
- Proficient in SQL and PL/SQL Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, views etc., as an Oracle database back-end developer.
- Tested the data and data integrity among various sources and targets. Associated with Production support team in various performances related issues.
- Strong Logical and Analytical Reasoning Skills, Excellent Communication with good Listening, Presentation and Intrapersonal Skills
- Effective Team Player with excellent analytical, programming, written and verbal communication skills.
Technical SkillsData Warehousing
Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, Informatica Power Connect, Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager, OLAP, OLTP
RUP, UML, Agile, Waterfall
Requirement Analysis, Business Analysis, detail design, data flow diagrams, data definition table, Business Rules, data modeling, system integration.
Hyperion Interactive reporting, OBIEE, Business Objects
Dimensional Data Modeling
Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Join Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling , Toad ,Oracle Designer.
Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.x, MS Access, MySQL
SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus
DOS, Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP/Vista, UNIX
B.TECH in Computer Science
Confidential,San Jose March3011–Present
Worked for Digital Reading Business Division (DRBD) group /Reader store.
- Work with stakeholders for requirement gathering and understanding business needs and process.
- Reporting directly to the Director of e-reader Store.
- Analyze the business objectives/ requirements for Merchandising, Content Operational and Finance team and design solution for them using Requisite Pro.
- Analyzed business needs and created Business Requirement Document (BRD)
- Application Use Case (AUC) documents for business and end user review.
- Develop use case from requirements and created UML diagram such as use case diagram, activity diagram and sequence diagram.
- Analyze Data and provides information to stakeholders which can be used in the decision-making process
- Created Dashboards using java script.
- Performed Gap analysis to understand the gap between the actual and potential requirement.
- Documented the technical specifications and generated the reports for the implementation and testing of the application.
- Track the progress of project using Traceability matrix.
- Created complex Excel sheets using vLookup for updating Monthly and Quartly target (KPI’s)
- Maintained all the troubleshoot and debugging reports and provided solution.
- Build various business rules for to perform various calculations for different application. Build admin rules and user rules.
- Worked on scheduling the reports in workspace.
- Worked on security in shared services. Build various security filters and granted access to the application and its dimensionality according to the requirement provided
- Determine the methodologies and procedures for carrying out effective data analysis.
- Created different reports containing charts showing revenue and operating income by different divisions, market share of newspaper by circulation.
- Created complicated reports including sub-reports, graphical reports, formula base and well-formatted reports according user requirements.
- Worked with cross functional team in Tokyo.
- Conducted / Lead weekly status meeting.
- Created reports to compare QTD, YTD data of different years.
Environment: Rational requirement management tools ,Ms Visio ,Ms project Hyperion, Sql Server 2008, Windows XP, Oracle 9i,Toad,CMS,Share point, Rally
Confidential,San Jose Sep 2010 –Feb 2011
Business Analyst/BI Developer
Project involved Synchronization and integration of databases called ‘HEDIS’.
- Worked as an Interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR).
- Accumulated system requirements through various departments like sales, claims, interviews and JAD sessions.
- Converted the business requirements into IT specifications through successfully creating Use Cases, Work Flows, and Screen Shots for the Application
- Involved in the full life cycle of software production and testing.
- Developed and managed creation of product documentation to communicate features, benefits, positioning and impacts to different audiences and ensured that documentation deliverables from various groups are produced as needed.
- Compiled and analyzed data, and prepares and generates reports using OBIEE reporting Tool.
- Assured all code meets proper standards.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Deliver metrics and analytic results using custom reports or automated reporting tools.
- Created report “drill downs” through links and registered reports for quick access from OBIEE for use by registered users.
- Conducted UAT. Wrote SQL queries in MS Access and Oracle for data manipulations.
- Created and maintained timelines for all development projects. (Queued and prioritized projects based on company goals and management direction).
- Conducted risk engineering to derive and execute action plans on time.
- Using Jira as Bug Tracking System.
- Suggested measures and recommendations to improve the current application performance
- Supplied weekly status updates (emailed a weekly status of all activity on projects)
Environment: Agile methodology, Rational Suite (MS Project, Ms Access),OBIEE, Sql Server 2008,Windows XP, Oracle 9i,Toad
Confidential,Bellingham Feb 2009- Sep2010
Project was to create an MDM (Master Data Management) and hence an SSOT for Providers, Subscribers, and Members data set, as 3 companies Sterlings, Guardian, Windsor were merging. The goal of MDM initiative as part of this to present a consistent view of across various Sterling/Windsor/Guardian systems.
- Assist the organization in performing data compilation, mining and analysis
- Prepare analysis reports and be responsible to answer any queries, complaints or suggestion in this regard.
- Worked with Business to Understand and Analyze Process flow, Upstream and Down Stream systems.
- Analyzed business needs and created Business Requirement Document (BRD) Application Use Case (AUC) documents for business and end user review.
- Translated user needs to business requirements using Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Evaluate the given problem, situation and crisis; investigate for solutions using data analysis practices and prepare analysis reports..
- Used Derived tables to create the universe for best performance, and use context and alias tables to solve the loops in Universe.
- Created complex reports stating revenue generation per year using cascading and user objects.
- Exported the Universes to the Repository to make resources available to the users for ad-hoc report needs.
- Implemented Security Features of OBIEE like row level, object level and report level to make the data secure.
- Provided the security access management by creating users/groups and folders.
- Created use case diagrams to explain the flow of events and how different software systems interact with each other
- Worked on Gap Analysis and Documenting Data flow Diagram.
- Documented Functional Requirement, ETL Design and Best Practices including Naming Conventions.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Customized and generated MS Access databases and report generation for evolving data analysis process
Environment: OBIEE , Designer, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, CMS, Oracle 9i, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows XP
Confidential,San jose June 2008 – Feb 2009
Involved in design, development and implementation of the data mart.Involved in documentation, performance enhancement and modification of the SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Gathered business requirements and created mapping documents based on the data model and source system analysis.
- Extensively used Informatica Power Center tasks like Decision, Command, Event Wait, and Event Raise, Email.
- Arranged JAD sessions with product management team and sales team to drive out detailed business requirements for product promotion.
- Implemented the RUP methodology to help analyze the problem, understand user’s needs, and manage requirements.
- Exceptional documentation skills for writing use cases and functional requirement documents as well as for creating Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, State diagrams based on UML Methodology and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio.
- Defined test cases, creating test scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with QA / dev teams in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT
- Efficient Documentation was done for all phases like Analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 6.2, Oracle 9i/8i, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 9i, UNIX and Windows NT,MS VISIO,MS Excel