Business Analyst with over 5 yrs of experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle: Gathering Requirements, Analysis, Implementation and Testing of projects. A smart working, motivated, sincere, committed, quick learner, detail-oriented team player with excellent communication, analytical, leadership, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, testing and deployment as well as software engineering methods like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile and Waterfall Method.
- Expertise in Business Modeling using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect/Rational Rose.
- Expertise in Requirements Gathering through direct user interviews and workshops.
- Facilitating JAD sessions with business users and development team to drive out detailed business requirements.
- Exceptional Documentation Skills for writing Use Cases and Functional Requirement Documents as well as for creating Use Case diagrams, Activity diagrams, State diagrams based onUML Methodology and business process flow diagrams using MS Visio/Enterprise Architect/Rational Rose.
- Defining Test Cases, creating Test Scripts, analyzing bugs, interacting with QA / dev teams in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Using project management tools like MS-Project for status reporting and planning.
- Sound knowledge of SQL Server and MS technologies.
- Excellent Team Player with ability to think analytically and troubleshoot issues.
- Effective Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Technical Skills:
- Platforms: Windows NT/2000/XP, MS DOS
- Databases: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server 2003
- GUI/Tools: Microsoft Office (Access, Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Crystal Reports, Business Objects
- Business Modeling Tools: UML2.0, Rational Rose 2000, Microsoft Visio 2000
- IT Concepts: Data Structures, Programming logic and techniques, Concepts of Business, Relational Databases, Data Modeling, FIX Applications, DBMS and Software Engineering
- Programming Languages: XML, Visual Basic (VB) 5.0 & 6.0
Senior Business Analyst, Confidential Oct 09 - Present
- Trade-Settlement Program Implementation: Gathered & documented tasks across various businesses to migrate over 1M client accounts from external platform to an in-house trade settlement system. Interacted with over 100 Business Users & Senior Executives to implement business requirements. Assisted the runbook lead in giving breakdown of tasks completion before & after the conversion weekend. The analysis gave a clear picture of where the key dependencies were & list of # tasks pending/ complete.
- IT Operations Reporting: Worked closely with the Project Management Office (PMO) teams globally to provide weekly status on reporting and tracking of risks & dependencies. Provided ad-hoc analysis to support key business initiatives. Updated the weekly status report & Issue tracker for stakeholders.
- IT Operations Planning: Prepared & maintained Project plans in MS Excel & Project for various Operations run-books. Streamlined Ops project to decrease expenses by USD 1 Billion. Prepared spreadsheets for resource planning including cost estimates & resource utilization for various work streams and updated them weekly.
- Detailed Documentation: Identified functional gaps & prepared detailed documentation of the current & future state workflows and procedures using MS Visio & Excel. Took lead in the detailed documentation of current state and future state workflows and other documentation related to analysis of existing procedures. Also prepared in detail inventory of reconciliation reports & procedures used by the Data Warehouse.
- Small Business Program Initiative: Developed a pricing grid for small business loan program. Reached out to 15 different banks to get information on their small business loan programs. This included understanding & documenting their small business loan programs, documents required to approve a loan, interest rates charged for various loans, maturity terms for the loan, differentiators through which interest rates are determined & fees charged on various loans.
Data Warehouse Business Analyst, Confidential Nov 08 – Oct 09
- Data Warehouse Reporting: Created ad-hoc reports for Risk Managers using Business Objects to track daily P&L. Worked closely with Senior Business owners to create a metrics reporting tool. Formulated a strategic solution to identify & analyze distressed assets for portfolios.
- Data Procedures: Automated processes in MS Access (SQL) to generate monthly reports for global business lines. Established procedures for monthly data metrics reporting & KPIs including cleansing the reference data. Created database in Access to automate the reporting process. Documented the procedures for BAU processes.
- Data Warehouse Reconciliation Reports: Reconciled credit exposure using VBA, Excel and FTP process. Created a firm-wide reporting initiative to create the Economic Capital-based performance measures. The reports were used by the Senior Management to track the overall performance of key regions in a cohesive manner.
- CRM Application: Conducted requirement workshops among all project stakeholders to verify and validate the business requirements. Handled the development of business requirement documents (BRD) resulting from JAD sessions. Analyzed data to look for inconsistencies & provided technology solutions.
- Project Management: Prepared Monthly Book for business users to highlight analysis/ task deliverables and achievements of the group. Facilitated Project Managers to track progress of a global project. Prepared meeting notes and conducted status meeting to gather weekly updates.
Business Analyst, Global Equities Technology, Confidential Jan 07 – Oct 08
- Algorithmic Trading Engine: Gathered and analyzed business/ technical requirements to document Lehman’s algorithmic trading system developed in C++ for traders and portfolio managers. Gathered business requirements in order to describe the business needs in terms of the main deliverables. Interacted with Business users and created the process requirements and involved in discussions with design and development team to explain the flow of future data modules.
- Electronic Order Management System: Worked on internet based application for electronic swap trading. Examined requirement and designed technical blueprint (web app.) for standardization of order flows. Presented technology ideas and solutions to business owners using PowerPoint.
- Portfolio Management System: Prepared release notes, designed screenshots, process flow in Visio, and documented enhancement for a trading system developed in Sybase and Java. Involved in understanding the “As-Is” business process. Created models of "As-Is" and "To-Be" business processes and associated narratives.
- Real-time Messaging Service: Assessed, analyzed and documented requirements for a real time alerting system for traders using web service developed in C++ & Kdb. Followed a structured approach to organize requirements into logical groupings of essential Business Processes, Business Rules, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Quality Assurance (QA) testing: Created Use Cases andsupervised the Quality Assurance team to successfully test and implement new features in trading systems. Wrote Test Cases and walked the QA team through the Test Cases to make sure they understood them properly. Maintained a Traceability Matrix to ensure that all Functional Requirements are addressed at the Use Case Level as well as the Test Case Level.
- Masters of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Physics