Openlink Endur and Findur, Bloomberg, GMI, Rolfe &Nolan, Advent Geneva
Lead Business Analyst / Project Manager
- Project Lead BA for implementations, upgrades and added services. Implementation experience consists of Treasury, Energy, Base Metals, Precious Metals, Fixed Income and Futures projects.
- Oversaw Unit Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Management practices included scheduling, analysis and sign - off on test scripts, oversight on BA and client progress and official sign-off on completion.
- Signoff on Business Requirements Docs, Functional Specification Docs and Technical Specification Docs to establish written guidelines for project success.
- Oversight of BA preparation, planning and execution of Proof of Concept ( Confidential ) presentations. These sessions were critical for clients in understanding how requirements will be translated into the Endur or Findur database.
- Oversaw a portion of the QA team and the QA process for products needing testing by an SME. This function is critical in ensuring new products are launched successfully.
- Single point of contact for all operations consulting (front, middle and back). Having served previously in all of these functions I was able to closely relate to client needs.
- Significantly improved client operational infrastructure by reducing aging of breaks, allowing less human interaction via automation and ensuring market compliance via enhanced reporting methods.
- Maintained strong post-project relationships which led to several post go-live sales.
Senior Business Analyst
- Senior consultant leading internal teams to ensure the “ Confidential ” my team was responsible for delivered on time, accurately and within cost projections.
- Authored Business, Functional and Technical Requirement and Specification documents to be signed off on as successful project design.
- Advised/recommended top global banks of best solution for the changes required to be compliant with Dodd-Frank and Large Trader Report.
- Planned, designed, and executed Confidential testing as well as the actual presentations to senior management (client and internal) for any responsibilities as the SME.
- Advised a top global bank on inaccuracies of their derivative valuation calculation and its subsequent impact on federal regulation reporting. This was a client request to ensure they were reporting accurately and we amended their reporting practices accordingly.
- SME for deal modeling, curve building, portfolio management, P+L validation, end of day and new day start in Endur, Findur, and Advent Geneva.
- Advised internal product management team on scalability/practicality of new products.
- U.S lead of Derivative, Commodity, Fixed Income, FX, Rates and Equity Risk/PNL.
- Daily team responsibilities included: EOD Valuations, Risk-Reporting, PNL reporting, trade capture and trade break resolution.
- Project sponsor and project manager for new software implementations and upgrades.
- Weekly and monthly PNL/risk commentaries. Commentaries included a detailed analysis/assessment of main market drivers, risk drivers and new position analysis.
- Rebuilt and improved the operational control infrastructure drastically reducing aging of breaks and gaps in the reconciliation processes, improving team morale and ultimately improving the overall product the team was expected to deliver.
- Oversight of the month end process for public reporting/quarterly shareholder call.
- Oversight of margin settlement, commodity deliveries and warrant/warehouse mgmt.
- Restored the morale of the group and significantly reduced turnover.
- Oversight of futures and options expiries. Responsible for aut0mating nearly all tasks.
- Reported risk exposure to PM’s/CEO/Fund Manager for all funds.
- Calculate NAV and report daily, monthly and yearly results to the PM’s/CEO/CFO daily.
- Priced/valued all portfolios daily and worked closely with CFO and brokers to determine prices on illiquid assets and exotics on month end.
- Built/maintained risk reports which allowed the portfolio managers a simplified method of managing risk from a Black-Scholes perspective. *Black-Scholes SME.
- Reconcile and resolve high level day-to-day P+L queries in coordination with accounting, prime brokers and back office. All resolved prior to month end to ensure investor projections were in line with no “surprises”.
- Built various customized reconciliations and risk reporting mechanisms for PM’s.
Associate - Trade Assistant / Junior Trader
- Reported daily Risk and PNL results to commodities traders.
- Trade capture.
- Position management (post trade).
- Developed customized real time P+L spreadsheets in Excel via Bloomberg pricing feeds.
- Analysis and assessment of control environments to identify weaknesses within the trade lifecycle. Recognized by senior management for improving many outdated processes
- Cleared and reconciled nearly all exchanges. Used Clearvision to clear trades.
- Direct point of contact for clients with day to day requests and/or queries related to trade breaks, clearance requests, exchange rule advisement etc.
- Handled all purchase and sale liquidation requests.
Client Services Associate
- Notified clients of daily margin calls for all domestic futures exchanges
- Direct point of contact for clients with day to day requests and/or queries
- Worked closely with cash / collateral management team to ensure all client money movements were executed appropriately and in a timely fashion