- IT professional with 12 plus years of work experience focusing on business functional analysis, quality assurance, and project management in software development projects valued 200+ million dollars.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and a Certified Project Management Professional.
- Experienced in various software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies including agile, rational unified process (RUP), waterfall, and various iterative models.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Six Sigma business process improvement techniques.
- A highly proficient business analyst with personal and analytical skills on how to interpret customer business needs in to functional and non - functional business requirements.
- Well-versed in requirement elicitation techniques from interviews, questionnaires, joint application development (JAD), rapid application development (RAD), job shadow, story board, and prototyping.
- Expert in creating technical design specifications such as use cases, business rules, correspondences, graphical user interfaces, workflows, and interface specifications.
- For visual representation of the system design, experienced in creating unified modeling language (UML) diagrams such as use case, activity, sequence, state, and communication diagrams.
- A tenacious quality assurance specialist experienced in creating test strategy, test plans, and test cases with high quality execution rate in functional and performance testing.
- A manager displaying leadership attributes such as accountability, innovativeness, passion for customers, team development, will to win, and dedication to make projects successful.
- Analytical problem solver identifying root cause and corrective actions to meet client short-term or long-term business, financial, and system requirements.
- A persuasive communicator with well-developed presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to acclimate quickly to new environments, technologies, and challenges with the aim to deliver efficient and cost-effective products or services that meet corporate and customer needs.
BA Tools: MS Suite 2016 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher), Confidential Rational Suite (RequisitePro, Rose), Confidential Web-Sphere Business Modeler, Caliber RM, HP ALM, Enterprise Architect, Pencil, Balsamiq, Tech Smith SnagIt
QA Tools: Confidential Rational Suite (Quality Manager, Functional Tester, Robot, ClearQuest), HP (Test Director, Quality Center, WinRunner, Load-Runner)
PM Tools: MS Project, MS Team Foundation Server (TFS), JIRA, Crystal Reports
DB Tools: SQL, MS Access, Oracle
Version Control: MS SharePoint, Confidential Rational Clear Case, Confidential Quick Place
Confidential, Olympia, WA
Lead Business Analyst & Associate Project Manager
- I currently work closely with the director’s office, chief technology officer (CTO), and agency management executives to establish the missing IT governance structure, software development standards, and a Project Management Office (PMO) to improve the performance, accountability and effectiveness of all statewide IT programs.
- Pioneered agency business analysis standards by creating the necessary tools and templates to elicit and document business requirements towards sign-off of design and QA/ testing.
- Made recommendations on how to best solve enterprise level business needs using various surveys, industry research, feasibility studies, gap analysis, impact analysis, and risk analysis.
- Continuously acted on improvements on how to process customer needs throughout the agency operations to compete with current business trends and regulatory standards.
- Identified business requirements and scope of projects to create Request for Proposals (RFP) for external vendor Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) or custom built software solutions.
- Participated from vendor selection to vendor management by reviewing vendor responses for RFPs, facilitating vendor demos, selecting vendor, comparing delivered solutions against agreed business requirements and negotiating change requests.
- As an all in one business analyst and project manager to the assigned custom build projects, performed all tasks related to requirement elicitation with key stakeholders and managing the project from initiation, monitoring, and closure as per learnt PMBOK and BABOK principles and benchmarks.
- Created the agency SharePoint site to manage all IT requirement documentation and version control.
- Helped the IT team establish a change management process and a defect triage ticketing system (Mentis) that streamlined and automated client requests.
- Evaluated the success of changes implemented with business owners using key performance indicators (KPI) and customer surveys.
- With the lack of BA resources, teaching agile development methodologies to the business and technical teams to bring in more hands on participants to the software projects.
Confidential, Palo Alto, CA
Lead Business Analyst & Lead Quality Assurance Analyst
- Provided technical and business consultation services on long term projects worth 200+ million dollars for the WA State Employment Security department (NGTS project) and PA State Department of Labor and Industry (UCMS project).
- Partnered with Confidential and Confidential technical teams to provide a single solution to the end user in multi.
- As the business analysis lead, managed a team of business analysts and monitored client expectations throughout the life-cycle of the project by educating on the associated benefits and risks.
- Created various artifact packages for technical and business client sign-off (use case, business rule, graphical user interface, correspondence, system inbound/ outbound interface, UML diagram, process flow, legacy conversion, data mapping, help text, training, and workflow specifications).
- Efficiently managed the project change management process through analyzing the change needed, work around options, work estimations, requirements update, code completion, and testing.
- Created requirement traceability matrix (RTM) between requirements, use cases, and test cases to summarize the project scope coverage.
- Used Microsoft Project to help manage schedules, resources and collaborate on the project.
- Developed research reports on the project’s compliance to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- To support project needs, transitioned to the testing team as a tester and then progressed upwards to a test lead and a test manager of the project to complete business functional, system integration, and user acceptance testing phases.
- Created functional test plan, regression test plan, system integration test plan, rolling wave project plan, work estimation, and resource management plan for each test iteration.
- Periodically facilitated meetings to the director and manager level audience to communicate project performance, team performance, and future risks using key performance indicators (KPI), dashboards, glide path charts, burn down charts, and execution summary reports.
- Wrote and executed test cases and was recognized as a tenacious tester with highest execution rate.
- Worked with sales executives on business continuation plans by responding to customer RFPs.
- Received 8 HP recognition awards and 5 client awards for team efficiency, leadership efforts, and helping business complete deliverable acceptance testing and user acceptance testing.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
Lead Business Analyst
- Worked with the Boston Consulting Group and TATA consulting team to identify requirements on the new CVS.com reconstruction project.
- Studied and analyzed competitor’s applications and identified business needs that adhere to healthcare HIPAA and HL 7 guidelines.
- Facilitated collaborative sessions to allow various stakeholders to communicate their perspectives with each other to elicit requirements and resolve project bottlenecks quickly.
- Won client trust and acted as a primary decision maker for key stakeholders and business owners.
- Created business process flows, use cases, business rules, and UML diagrams to describe the features and behavior of the system using Microsoft Office tools.
- Created business glossary, actors catalog, and data dictionary to facilitate various teams in understanding client business.
- Coordinated with the customer service group to update call center processes for the new application.
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
- Assisted in product planning and development cycles of the Confidential online applications.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to extract high level and detailed level requirements from various stakeholders in different time zones.
- Elicited and documented requirements with a team of stakeholders using user stories.
- Managed the requirement change request process and analyzed the impact of the change requests on the application with regards to project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Provided 24 X 7 technical support for offshore testing and development teams.
Confidential, Valley Forge, PA
Quality Assurance Analyst
- A functional testing team member assigned to test the functionality of Vanguard’s retirement benefits software applications.
- Developed test plans, test cases, and functionality coverage traceability matrix using Test Director.
- Used SQL queries to check the validity of database attributes for backend testing.
- Entered and tracked application defects for the development team using Test Director.
- Identified performance bottlenecks with stress tests that simulate production environment.
- Created custom graphs and reports to summarize weekly testing status and defect risks.
- Facilitated management review meetings to ensure the testing project schedules were adhered to and critical path activities met deadlines.