Looking to capitalize on work experience in the areas of workflow development, analytical thinking, and problem solving to improve processes of a reputable organization. Seeking employment in a dynamic environment that requires the ability to work independently and at a fast pace.
Confidential, is one of the largest brokerages in the United States with over 500 employees and 4,500 independent brokers serving approximately 25,000 clients.
June 2010 Present: IT Business Analyst
As a Business Analyst in our Corporate Applications Group, work with programmers to troubleshoot systems problems and identify opportunities for enhancements. Gather requirements and develop specifications and lead projects through implementation to provide new and improved system capabilities. Perform testing and sign off on programming changes. Document project requirements and testing using Microsoft products (Sharepoint, Word, Excel). Requires understanding of XML documents, ImageRight system, iSeries, web-based rating system, and the ability to query data using SQL statements, Work on various projects to support underwriting, billing, claims, and/or our agency distribution.
- Assigned project lead for revamping of our billing and claims inquiry screens out of our Producer Center. Led meetings with accounting and claims departments to learn their business needs; created screen “mock ups” and gathered requirements and developed specifications.
- Assigned project lead for implementation of policy download into agency management system (TAM/Applied). Issue test policies and manually download into TAM system to verify data is downloading correctly. Work with vendor to correct any issues that are identified. Communicate with agencies involved in piloting the project to test live accounts and set up automatic download.
- Assigned BA lead on online endorsement project: created screen design, requirements, and specifications for enhancement to agent portal that allows agents to request endorsements online, by pre-populating fields based on current policy information. Negotiate scope and timing constraints with the business unit.
- Assigned BA lead on various projects to update our print products to be current with changing needs of the business unit and/or agency partners.
Confidential,is the second largest writer of commercial U.S. property/casualty insurance and number 99 on the Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. companies
2003 2004 Account Manager
2004 2005 Senior Account Manager
2005 2006 Assistant Operations Manager
2006 June 2010 Operations Manager
As Operations Manager: hire, train and develop a staff of up to 15 employees in our small business underwriting unit in our Mechanicsburg and Pittsburgh field offices. Successfully manage workloads, assignments, and employee performance to ensure exceptional service to our underwriters and agents. Perform quarterly office self-assessments to ensure company expectations are met or provide direction to correct deficiencies. Actively participate in and/or lead committees and projects to improve workflow or to ensure corporate procedures are followed.
Special Assignments and Accomplishments:
- Analyzed trends and statistics from our new business tracking spreadsheet; summarized findings in a PowerPoint presentation which was used in a bi-annual Regional Leadership meeting
- Identified faults in quality control and therefore created a Quality Control manual to clarify accountabilities; continue to represent Operations Managers on monthly committee to modify manual
- Manually developed Excel document to monitor workloads of staff in reference to their counterparts across the country; was shared with National Operations Director who instructed Management Information unit to automate its creation, and document is now available online
- Mechanicsburg Field Office obtained a score of 91% from Home Office Field Office Assessment (passing scores are 85% or higher)
- In an effort to boost team morale and encourage effective team work, conceptualized and implemented holding a "scavenger hunt" where each office in our region works as a team to answer questions in various categories such as underwriting, compliance, systems, etc.
- Presented engaging training seminar during regional staff meeting containing instruction, helpful hints, and reminders regarding the Quality Control process to assist in raising employee scores
Confidential, serves over one-quarter of the estimated 173 million Americans with dental insurance
September 2002 March 2003: Underwriting Assistant
March 2003 December 2003: Underwriter
As an underwriting assistant, provided various reports either to clients to summarize utilization of employee benefits or to underwriters to assist in decision making process. As an In-Force Underwriter, analyzed claim history to determine renewal premium for group dental insurance packages, or charges for changes to benefit package.
Master of Science in Mathematics,
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- MVP Varsity Tennis, four years at Albright College; team captain, 3 years Varsity Badminton at Albright College
- completed Masters program at Bucknell by being financially supported by an assistantship as well as working part-time
- dedicated runner and volleyball player; completed Vermont City Marathon in May 2005