- Strong business analysis and project management experience with excellent track record of working with premier consulting groups as KPMG/ Bearing Point, Andersen Consulting, Ernst and Young in IT projects/initiatives for reputed companies like GE, Sun, CISCO, SGI and Juniper.
- Thorough understanding of ‘Manufacturing and Value Chain Planning’ with a proven track record of cutting costs while improving and maintaining quality and/or service levels within tight budget and timeline.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE SUMMARY
Confidential, CA (Mar’ 07 till Date)
Mar 07 to Till Date Sr. Business Analyst for ‘Manufacturing’ and Demand/Supply Chain Management Implementation Projects at Juniper, CA USA
Responsibilities: Successfully lead following projects with customer facing role and dynamic product life cycle in high tech industry:
- Sales and Operations Planning Implementation: Successful implementation of complete ‘S& OP’ solution for Forecasting and Planning for all 3 business groups using Demantra and Oracle/Siebel and Agile. My key role included:
- Improve and standardize S& OP process in company with focus on forecasting and Supply Chain Mfg Planning
- Requirement gathering, analysis and functional design with multiple (M2S, I2O, F2D) cross functional business team
- Uniform Scalable solution design across all 3 business units for sales thru direct manufacturers and Channel partners/retailers in CTO architecture using Demantra 7.3 (migration from steelwedge system and Manual Excel Sheets)
- Integration Design for ‘Sourcing of Quotes/booking’, Product Life Cycle, backlog and shipment.
- Resolve 100 Plus key issues in a big team size of 30 Plus users
- Solution design with OracleR12 VCP:(ASCP/GOP/CP).Completed BR100, Gap document & proto-typing with ASCP/GOP/CP
- Improve demand management process and solution of Sourcing/scheduling and re-scheduling sales pipeline and booking Migrated from old Manugistics system to custom extension within Oracle ERP Apps.
- Successfully completed 25 plus Enhancement and support to ‘Manufacturing’ business/IT process.
Confidential, CA (Dec’ 04 till Feb’ 07)
Dec 04 to Feb 07 Business Analyst for Oracle/Siebel Apps Implementation Projects at Macrovision/ROVI Corp, CA USA with customer facing role
Responsibilities: Successfully lead following projects for improving ‘Quote To Invoice’ process with customer facing role:
- Integrate acquisitions of different companies in to Oracle. Getting rid of Great Plains system of acquired company and moving booking/backlog and Receivable outstanding to Oracle.
- Improve ‘Quote To Order’ process by moving from Pivotal CRM to Siebel CRM and integrating the flow with ‘Order To Invoice’ process in Oracle.
- Consolidate different companies in Oracle as regards OM/AR and AP
- Improve Quote to Cash processes from Siebel/Pivotal CRM to Oracle. This has considerably helped in saving and efficiency of booking/ shipment, revenue analysis and AR Close Process.
Confidential,CA (Jan’ 01 till Nov’ 04)
Jan 04 to Nov 04 Order Management and Distribution Functional Lead, plus functional lead for R11.5.6 to R11.5.9 upgrade for Canon, USA with customer facing role:
Responsibilities: Played key Oracle Functional and project lead role in the following two projects:
- Assess Canon’s requirements for Central (IL) and West (CA), identifying gaps, resolving issues in the areas of OM and distribution. Solution design included customizing of different line types workflows to meet the business needs. Design of Order validation steps from ‘Book Eligible’ to ‘Booking’ and complex profitability check to meet the business needs for booking of equipment, supplies and contracts. Use of different holds and notifications to meet the business needs of order flow and approval process. Resolving issues related to integration with Oracle Telesales, Install Base, Contract Services and AR.
- Lead functional team for Oracle upgrade from R11.5.6 to R11.5.9. This includes tracking of different functional issues, prioritizing them and helping in resolving them with the help of technical team.
Aug 03 to Dec 03 Gaps and Process Improvement of financial system using Oracle Financials (R11.5.9) at DLL Finance, PA (USA)
- Identify gaps, custom extensions, custom reporting requirements and integration requirements with different systems related to Oracle finance modules of AP/FA/CM/OKL/AR and GL
- Do gap/fit analysis and make project estimate in line with Oracle AIM methodology by assigning complexity to each gap and also grouping the similar ones. Generate alternatives with pros and cons for alternative design solutions to fill in the gaps.
Sep 02 to Jul 03 Order Fulfilment and Supply Chain Process Improvement Project of Oracle ERP R11i (TCA) at GE Power Systems, GA (USA):Responsibilities include: Lead a team of personnel to integrate OM/distribution/Finance modules of Oracle ERP R11i with ‘Tradesphere’software for \'Exports\' requirement. This integration covers re-design and Integration of OM, distributions, pricing and AR module keeping international exports requirement of Europe in a multi inventory multi currecncy organization structure. Extensive use of processing constraints, defaulting logic and capturing additional charges using modifiers in pricing module. Identify business requirement and provide functional/technical solutions to meet business requirements for international trade. Defining techo-functional solutions for customer, item and delivery/order interfaces with tradepshere export product. Also making commercial shipment invoice in line with AR invoice for an international customer. Resolving different issues around complete supply chain.
Jan 02 to Sep 02 Supply Chain Improvement Project of Oracle ERP R11i (TCA) at Extreme Networks in Santa Clara, CA (USA):
- Lead a team of personnel to improve ‘Supply Chain’ process by successfully implementing B2B transactions process with trading partners using web method. Prepare functional specifications based upon business requirements, reviewing technical specifications for 10 different transactions with 6 different trading partners resulting in 21 interfaces. The Sales order (POI) interface included complete order management set ups for order type, other defaulting rules, taking care of different line types within an order and PTO structure items. Other Oracle interfaces relate to AR /AP invoices, purchase orders and shipment ASN information. Resolved different business and technical issues, designing architecture, co-ordination with infrastructure and testing. Excellent exception handling steps designed with suitable alerts to the users. Extensive use of “DFF” in capturing additional business requirements.
Jan 01 Dec 01 SGI WCP Worldwide Global Supply Chain Improvement (and BPR) Oracle R11i Implementation Project at Mountain View, CA (USA):
- Lead a team for business analysis/design to improve “Application to Application” B2B signals with trading partners using E-Commerce Gateway and Oracle R11i Open Interfaces to improve complete Supply Chain. Resolving business issues related to 12 B2B transactions related to Finance and Order Management with 26 different global Trading Partners in a multi org., multi currency set ups. The major transactions were Inbound Purchase Order, Invoice and Shipments/Receipts; and Outbound AR Invoice, Purchase Order.
- Improve international shipment process with Integration of Oracle ERP with ‘Vasteras’ Export compliance software for items/customers and orders.
Confidential, NJ (Feb ’97 to Dec 2000)
During this period I have experience of working as a ‘Consultant’ for different important clients namely Sun micro Systems, Cisco, Novell, Electronic Arts. I have mostly worked with Big5 Consulting (E& Y, AA, AC and Oracle Consulting) group during this time. The responsibilities include:
- Improve ‘Order to Invoice’ processes including Supply Chain with use of latest ‘State of Art’ technology
- Resolving different business issues and find solutions for them around Oracle ERP (Versions include 10.3 to R11.0)
- Functional set ups and data mapping
- Lead integration and Conversion projects during Oracle implementation
Some of the key achievements are:
- Improve booking/revenue accounting process along with integration of CRM (Business First) with Oracle OM/AR at Sun Micro Systems, CA. Improve AR to GL reconciliation process along with ‘Quote to Booking’ process.
- Improve Order Flow processes from ‘Web Order’ to Oracle ERP at Electronic Arts. There was 30 % reduction in time during order flow.
- Complete B2B project at Novell by integrating Broadvision with Oracle ERP for Web based ordering. This involved integration of customer, items, catalogues, pricing and order flow to improve the complete Supply Chain
- Improve and streamline Intra Company Shipment/billing process and Order to invoice process in a multi-currency global application of Oracle at Cisco. Implement Credit check and credit control functionality in Oracle OM, Shipping and AR
Education / Professional Training
- M.TECH./M.S. in Computer Systems
- B.TECH. /B.S. with Computer Software as Specialisation
- Oracle Application Implementation Methodology and Structured Systems Analysis & Design Techniques by N.C.C. U.K., R2i (Rapid Return on Investment) by KPMG, Six Sigma and Fast Forward Methodology of Demantra Implementation.
- Oracle ASCP, GOP, CP, Inventory, Bills of Materials and Demantra from Oracle Corporation
- Project Mgt. Methodology (PMM). Worked closely with PMI certified professionals
- Great communication, analysis, team working and positive thinking personality.Conducted User Training and workshops
- Good knowledge of all tools related to business analysis and driving projects. Some of these are
- Visio, Power Point, Excel, MS-Project, MS-Office (Word), Bayquality, Magic, QuickPlace, HP Quality Centre, E-project, EAI tools as Web methods and Fusion
- Oracle ERP and Seibel CRM, Agile, E-commerce/B2B (Rosettanet stds) tools, Steelwedge, Hyperion (Essbase), Manugistics/Serus (Supply Chain) Oracle database and related tools like SQL/PL-SQL etc.