- Over 16 years of IT experience which includes 14+ years US experience as Sr. Business Analyst, Software Architecting, Business development & Strategic Planning, this includes 10 years in wireless and telecom industries.
- Strong experience with the Software Development Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Worked closely with various project stakeholders, SME’s & developers to understand and document business requirements, functional requirements and design specifications for new applications along with enhancements to the existing applications.
- Researched, created, reviewed and revised requirements documents and use cases.
- Rendered support to the Project Manager throughout the project’s lifecycle including development of scope, collection and documentation of business requirements, preparation of related process documentation, preparation of change control documentation.
- Prepared Test cases, Trained and coordinated Users for User Acceptance testing.
- Expert knowledge of standard project management tools (i.e., MS Project, Visio, MS Office Suite)
- Strong Leadership, Problem-Solving, Time management, Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work toward a stated objective with minimal oversight.
- Team player with a can do attitude.
- Rational ClearCase, Telelogic CM Synergy, and Test Director, DOORS
- MS Project, MS Visio, MS Word, Excel
- AMDOCS/CRM(ClearSupport, ClearSales), Siebel CRM (CallCenter, FieldService, eCommunications, eChannel) , SAP CRM (Sales, Service, Marketing), ICOMS, CSG
- Java, JSP, AJAX, J2EE, Servlets, Web Logic 9.1, PL/SQL, COBOL, C, Eclipse, Actuate Reports, Oracle 10g, MS-SQL Server 2005, MS Access
- Pitney Bowes MapInfo – Professional, MapMarker Plus, MapXtreme for Java, Street Pro,
- SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, RUP, Scrum and V-Model
Teamed up with Customer Solutions in saving $8 million through connections project
- As Sr. Business Analyst, visited multiple call centers, organized focus groups, based on recommendations we were able to make changes to the application which saved Average Handling Time
- Redesigned activation process from 12 steps to 6 steps, this reduced around 2 minutes of average handle time for each activation call
Teamed up with Marketing in saving $2 million every year
- Competed with external vendors like Pitney Bowes MapInfo, Microsoft MapPoint, ESRI ArcGis and won www.sprint.com/coverage project and successfully implemented in 28 working days.
Client : Confidential, (July 09 to Till date)
Position : Sr. Business Analyst
TWC Buyflow & Mobile Project
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions, developing design documents
- Solution the wireless integration gateway (SAG) architecture, which integrates TWC systems with back-end vendors like Sprint, Clearwire, Brightpoint, and Asurion.
- Designed Web-Services based on SOA architecture to integrate TWC systems with Bright Point, and Asurion.
- Responsible for writing Business Requirement Specification (BRS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and Software Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Conducted JAD sessions to discuss requirements and resolve conflicts among stakeholders.
- Actively involved in walk-through and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and collaborated with the QA team to develop the test plans, test cases, and test data to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and product knowledge.
- Gathered and documented customer requirements along with detailed functional design specifications and system documentation.
- Developed and managed requirement traceability matrix to trace business and functional requirements.
- Created data dictionary for often used retail and technical terminology for benefit of developers and customers respectively.
- Developed front-end functional specification documents based on reporting requirements.
- Assisted the development team in designing the GUI of the application.
- Updated and communicated project status to management through effective presentations.
Confidential, October 2000 - May 2009
Position : Sr. Business Analyst/SME/ITPM
IMPACT & Sprint Coverage Tool (Sr. Business Analyst/SME)
Worked as the Sr. Business Analyst/ITPM for IMPACT and Sprint Coverage tool applications. These applications are used for showing Sprint/Nextel coverage info. These applications are also used to show MVNO’s coverage, XOHM mobile coverage and XOHM modem coverage.
Premiere (Sr. Business Analyst/ITPM)
Worked as the Sr. Business Analyst/ITPM for Premiere application. This application is used to Activate and Manage Customer accounts. This application is also used to change Plans, MDN’s swaps, ESN swaps, Addresses, Ordering Equipment, locating Billing Information, cross sell other Sprint products, billing adjustments, canceling subscriptions etc.,
CTMS (Sr. Business Analyst)
Worked as the Sr. Business Analyst/ITPM for CTMS application. This application is used to create and resolve trouble tickets. This application is also used to look up Service Alerts to see if a problem is already identified and if it isn’t a known issue the trouble ticket is created and sent to network team. After that network ops fixes the problem and closes the ticket.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Sr. Business Analyst
- Liaised between PMO, product manager, client manager and the outsourced development team to meet deadlines, budgets, and client demand. Provided situational leadership to motivate individuals
- Created high-level test strategy and worked with the quality assurance and implementation teams to ensure the full functionality and features of the existing application are successfully ported to the new application
- Conducted Meetings, Walkthroughs and JAD Sessions with Sprint and wholesale partner’s business owners to elicit and review the business requirements
- Collaborated with technical architects, functional managers, third-party consulting resources to facilitate communication for successful product launches
- Creating Application design documents and coordinating with UXD, DA, DBA, Capacity Management, SA, Third party support, Load and Performance testing, User Acceptance teams
- Created use cases and test cases to ensure custom functionality is delivered
- Conducted requirements review and functional design walkthroughs with MVNO’s
- Prepared Use Case and process flow diagrams for the applications using UML
- Prepared Workflow diagram, Sequence Diagram and Activity Diagram for various business processes like activations, ESN/MDN Swap, Port-ins/outs, equipment ordering, and order history
- Performed Gap analysis of the functional requirements for the web-services, new system, and security and infrastructure needs
- Coordinated with development team to design data model for user & partner (MVNO) administration, fraud management, equipment ordering, and order history
- Designed Web-Services based on SOA architecture so as to provide common integration platform for MVNO’s into various Sprints’ systems like NPS, NMS, OMIM, Provisioning and billing systems
- Designed the GUI’s for FE application MVNO.COM to provide customer management, acquisition, equipment ordering, order history, and maintenance functionalities for MVNO’s
- Collaborated with security and network teams to create successful rollout strategy for our application at MVNO sites
- Documented detailed functional and technical specifications
- Worked with the functional manager to analyze and document the requirements
Subject matter expert (SME) for Web based GIS application
- Collaborated with technical architects, functional managers, third-party consulting resources to facilitate communication for successful launch of MVNO coverage tool which is used to show customer coverage info for each Sprint MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator)
- Collaborated with technical architects, functional managers, third-party consulting resources to facilitate communication for successful launch of Sprint Coverage Tool (which is used to determine a Sprint, Nextel and Power Source customer’s 4G voice & data coverage
- Collaborated with technical architects, functional managers, third-party consulting resources to facilitate communication for successful launch of XOHM coverage tracker (which is used to determine customer’s XOHM Mobile Devices and Modem coverage.
- Involved in implementing the script manager in trouble report automation project.
- Wrote an Oracle stored procedures to interface between Premier and Trouble Report Automation Project to create/update and retrieve the cases.
- Modified the scheme by adding new objects, changing the existing views, adding new fields, adding new relations
- Created new privilege classes, business rules and employees
- Migrated forms across different environments
- Implemented auto destination rules
Confidential,. CA July 2000 – October 2000
Position : Software Engineer/Consultant
Prism Communications, NY
Team lead for Order Entry Project
- Customized quote screen in the ClearSales (8.0) module, to include the process for Order Entry.
- Designing the functionality for Product Catalog
- Assisting the other teams in the creating the interfaces and conversion process
- Involved in the customization of Clear Sales modules like creating new fields, formatting text fields Phone Number, Credit Card Number, Social Security Number.
Confidential,CA June 1997 – May 2000
Position : Software Engineer
Data migration project
- Migration of data from the legacy database (which is Oracle) into Clarify database.
- Involved in the process of generating reports based on user requirements
- Involved in testing the migrated data.
- Assisting customer in testing the application.
Thomson Financial is the most complete source for integrated information and technology applications in the global financial services industry.
- Created tabs, frames, forms and set the parent - child relation. CB code is written for that.
- Developed CB Code for validating the screens and automating most of the default clarify functions.
- Upgrade from Clarify 5.0 to Cl0arify 6.0
- Written CB coding to get appropriate pop-up messages while the CR’s are dispatched or assigned.
IXC is one of the Nations leaving supplier of voice, video and data transmission services, long distance, Internet etc. The present Project Cornerstone involves in the implementation of clarify modules like Clear support, Sales, Helpdesk, Policies and Customers.
- Installing Server Processes (Rule Manager, Notifier, Email Clerk) and Clarify Client (Client, UIEditor, DDEditor, CBExchange) on Windows NT environment
- Customization of Clarify Forms to add various controls like button, drop down lists, multi-line textboxes, command buttons, option buttons and check boxes through the UI Editor to suit the client\'s requirements.
- Customization of Clarify forms including Edit Case, New Case and Select Sites.
- Migration of data from the legacy database into Clarify database.
Confidential, India (Dec 96 to May 97)
Position : Software Engineer
B.S (Computer Science and Engineering)Professional Training:
- Project Management, Sprint
- Work Force Vitality, Sprint
- JSP, Java Script & Servlet, Sprint
- MapInfo Developer Conference, Sprint
- EJB & Web Logic, Sprint
- Java, JCCC KS
- Build Manager, Sprint
- Clarify Suite, Savvy