- Possess 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst in IT Industry, developed various web based applications with strong knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle methodologies like Agile and Waterfall models.
- Proficient in Business Requirement Gathering, Business Process Flow, Functional Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Business Process Re - engineering, Business Change Management, Transaction Processing, Documenting Enhancement Requests with a keen awareness of developer needs and end-users and able to deal with clients efficiently.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Vast experience conducting and documenting the As-Is/To-Be processes exercises according to the Waterfall methodology, Agile Methodology.
- Documentation in the form of Artifacts and Specs. Created industry standard documents such as BRDs, FSDs, User Stories and Use Case specs.
- Solid business communication, and presentation skills, created and coordinated with extensive communication networks (facilitation of joint application development) (JAD) sessions and interviews, written correspondence, reports, project status reports, PowerPoint presentations, e-mails).
- Considerable knowledge in the analysis, design, and re-engineering of system applications and business processes, using structured system analysis methodologies, placement of business controls, diagramming data and process mapping, applying Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagrams.
- Adept at creating and transforming business requirements into functional requirements and designing business models using UML diagrams - Context, Use Case, Sequence, Activity diagrams, MS Visio.
- Conducted Daily Scrum meeting, Planning Sessions, Backlog updates, User Stories updates, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing
- Experienced in Scrum Practices like User Stories, Story Slicing, Backlog Grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective
- Extensive knowledge of project life cycle, project management processes, Change Management, principals, knowledge areas and various project management tools
- Strong experience in Application Design (Prototyping, Screen Mock-ups), wireframes, UI design.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, data analysis and data validation using SQL.
- Extensive experience in creating and maintaining source to target Data mapping documents
- Strong documentation and analytical skills, strong problem-solving skills.
- Assist with the development and execution of detailed system and user acceptance test plans, test cases and test scripts for manual and automated testing.
- Created and managed the Business Requirements in HP Quality Center.
- Prioritized and tracked defects using HP Quality Center, Jira. Created user manual/training docs for easy learning of web application.
- Extensive exposure to End-to-End testing, System testing, Regression testing and User Acceptance testing (UAT).
- Expert knowledge of Excel, VBA, SQL, DB2, and Oracle, Access, PowerPoint, MS-Visio, MS-Project, SharePoint, Axiom.
- Expertise in CCAR and managing complex financial reporting processes.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment with good team orientation.
Web Technologies: HTML5, CSS3, WordPress
Adobe Products: Photoshop
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL
Testing framework: QTP, Win runner and QA Methodologies
MS Office: MS Word, MS Excel, Power point, MS Visio
Business Tools: JIRA, Rational Requisite Pro, HP Quality Center
Reporting Tools: Business Object, Hyperion
Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
- Interviewed business users for gathering requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating project manager and technical lead.
- Collaborated with the business and technical stakeholders to accurately document and report, functional, non-functional and data requirements while ensuring compliance with corporate standards.
- Capturing As-Is Process, analyzing TO-BE Process and performed Gap Analysis by conducting several sessions with users and technical team.
- Facilitating the evaluation of the product between the product owner and scrum team in product review meetings.
- Executed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with the stakeholders and the business users, and fixed the errors discovered then verified via regression testing.
- Conducting product backlog, sprint backlog and release backlog meetings.
- Created several mock-ups and wireframes for GUI to understand the user requirements
- Conducting JAD (Joint application design) across various cross functional teams and JAR (Joint Application Resolution) sessions for effective requirements management.
- Assisted with the development of test plans and strategies, coordinated testing events, and executed test cases in support of changes to business systems.
- Working with the Project Lead in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization and plans accordingly and conducted project related presentations.
- Documenting Request For Proposal (RFP) to elicit the vendor options in market space for various new technologies
- Facilitating Sprint planning, Sprint retrospective, Sprint review and Product review meetings.
- Facilitating Sprint review meetings with the scrum team and appreciating the product.
- Utilizing Sprint retrospective Meetings to understand the impediments and improve the productivity of the team.
- Discussions with various stakeholders on deciding the backlog priorities based on user points and business value to design release backlog.
- Managing daily scrum meetings, working on the team impediments and communicating with product owner.
- Negotiating effectively with Product owner on the release priorities and exceptional scope creep.
- Checking the integrity of the newly added features and their effect to the existing ones with integrity testing and regression testing
- Mapping system requirements with Test Cases, manually executed test cases in QC, ensuring traceability of Test Cases back to the Business Requirements.
- Effectively handling sign off process with stake holders at different levels and executing good conflict resolution approaches.
BUSINESS FUNCTIONAL ANALYST
- Conducted interviews with key business users to collect requirements and business process information.
- Asked detailed questions and noted the requirements to understand business rules, business process, business flow, stakeholders, and follow the SDLC standard of the business in project meeting.
- Identified potential issues and proactively suggest changes and solutions in transformation process.
- Responsible for the Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) Financial & Regulatory Reporting work streams.
- Served as liaison between Finance Team and Technology, including Data Mining, Axiom developers, Axiom SL configurators.
- Analyzed user requirements, attended change request meetings to document changes as per user’s request.
- Used Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access for Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Prepared requirement traceability matrices (RTMs) and managed all components of the business requirements.
- Performed data analysis on a data flow between Axiom and upstream data feeding systems, including data mapping, quality assurance metrics, data quality scorecards and dashboards.
- Worked on data mapping for various products in Deposits, Securities, FX and Derivatives.
- Conducted weekly and monthly meetings to review the business processes and the project progress.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation. Set up definitions and process for test phases including Product, Integration, System and User Acceptance testing (UAT)
- Helped QA Team in writing test cases, test plans and tested the final application to verify whether all the User Requirements were catered to by the application.
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and system requests based on business requirements.
- Analyzed and interpreted business requirements and implementing technical specifications for the filing of Federal Reserve Board quarterly and annual regulatory reports: CCAR, FRY-9C, FRY-9LP, FRY11, FR-2314, etc.
REPORTING BUSINESS ANALYST
- Coordinated series of workshops to gather, document, and finalize business requirements and proposed workflows.
- Involved and worked with Project Manager in planning, scheduling, and controlling projects based on schedules and requirements outlined by the business.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users, mainly from SME’s.
- Daily involvement with the Waterfall Methodology software development life cycle, documenting and working through systems issues as part of a business analysis team.
- Played a major role in creating BRD, FRD, FSD documents.
- Documented and submitted for approval business requirements documents, functional specifications document, data mapping sheets, process and business flow diagrams, test cases.
- Acted as single point of contact and SME for the project participants from all involved Mizuho’s entities and subsidiaries
- Performed GAP analysis to compare the existing system with the proposed system and documented new requirements and features.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the operations and the technical team and resolved process issues throughout the project cycle.
- Facilitated numerous Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions utilized for the creation of design documents and system specifications for applications.
- Used MS-Visio to document current work flows, manual processes and end-to-end processing of system interactions
- Developed and executed associated project plans and test scripts for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and subsequent user training.
- Played a key role in the planning, testing, and implementation of system enhancements and conversions.
- Performed Data Analysis and data manipulation of source data from Oracle Server and other data structures to support the business organization.
- Participated in all phases of the program, including development, SIT, and UAT.
- Tracked program progress, coordinated and held meetings, reported project status to senior management.
- Elicited business requirements in the form of user stories from stakeholders. Conducted brain storming sessions, focus groups and personal interviews to get a better understanding of the client's business process.
- Managed the product backlog with user stories through progressive refinement applying business prioritization, solution approach, and technical delivery considerations.
- Interacted with various business areas and stakeholders to identify, define and document complex business specifications for the Basel II reconciliation and requirements reporting.
- Analyzed potential data sources for the reports, provided data mapping requirements.
- Conducted and led regular status meetings to track and resolve project issues.
- Developed knowledge of key credit products and work with teams to ensure data necessary for the estimation of economic capital and calculation of regulatory capital is defined and documented.
- Coordinated a team of Subject Matter Experts in performing reviews for Basel II compliance.
- Defined and designed required internal and external reporting requirements.
- Worked with Technical Teams (data architects, data modelers, ETL developers) to ensure specifications are being incorporated into the data warehouse.
- Created solutions for out-of-scope projects and issues.
- Worked with Project manager to identify best approach for gathering requirements and estimated project size using UCP analysis.
- Interviewed Business Users to gather Requirements and analyzed the feasibility of their needs by coordinating with the project manager and technical lead.
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current system and to identify the requirements for the change in the proposed system.
- Prepared Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) after the collection of Functional Requirements from System Users that provided appropriate scope of work for technical team to develop prototype and overall system.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and data flow diagrams using UML and Business Process Modeling.
- Created high level End to end business process flow to help facilitate the working sessions with different teams.
- Performed and evaluated the benefits of the new system and generated workflows.
- Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) Sessions for communicating and managing expectations, and to discuss the different ways and means for the integration of rational tools with the current system.
- Created and managed project templates, Use Case Project templates, requirement types and traceability relationships in Rational Requisite Pro.
- Collaborate with development architect and the business to develop both high-level and detailed application architecture to meet the business needs.
- Developed and Documented timelines for Project Delivery, and managed Projects and Resources to successful completion.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance testing (UAT).