- 8+ years of experience as a business analyst in finance domain and expertise in leading projects from initiation through implementation. Significant domain knowledge and experience working in Financial Capital Markets.
- 5+ years as Business Analyst in Vendor Account Receivables in Finance/Insurance Industry.
- Advanced in Excel and experienced in queries, data analysis, and execution of serviceable reports.
- Strong expertise in development and implementation using Asset Control Tool (which provides solution and expertise to transform raw data into accurate, accessible and actionable information that organization needs to drive their business).
- Work experience in Risk Control, DFAST (Dodd Frank), CCAR and other regulatory reporting process.
- Stakeholders management experience coordinating work b/w Business leads and IT teams.
- Sound Proficiency in analyzing and Creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity diagrams, Class diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Business Flow Diagrams and Sequence diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Expertise in creating, collecting and analyzing data from a variety of systems and platforms including DART, Tableau and Excel.
- Knowledge of various Statistical/Data analysis concepts - regression analysis, correlation matrix, variance, probability, and other financial functions using MS Excel, STATA.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Worked extensively on Extraction, Transformation, loading data from Oracle, DB2, Access, Excel, Flat Files and XML using DTS, SSIS.
- Organized many Joint Application Developments (JAD) and Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Interviews and workshops with end-user/clients/stake holders and the development group.
- Good Knowledge in reviewing Test Procedures, extensively interacted with the QA Team in executing the Test Plans for UAT, providing Test Data, creating Test Cases, analyzing bugs, interacting with team members in fixing errors and assisted in Post-Production support.
- Experience in Project Management, cost/benefit analysis, stress testing, development of business requirements specifications, and project planning working with project managers and business sponsors.
- Hands on experience in cash flow analysis, decision tree analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, and real options analysis.
- Expertise in Business Modeling using MS Visio, Enterprise Architect, Rational Rose and proficient in creating Wireframes/ Mock-up Screens for designing prototypes.
- Solid understanding of Business Process definition, Risk Analysis and SDLC methodologies.
- Experience with BABOK Techniques; Business Process Modeling, Use Case Development, Wire framing and Rapid Prototyping to help the business in designing their software models.
- Experience in creating Elevated level artifacts like Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) and low-level documents.
- Expertise in generating DDL, DML and DRL queries in SQL to retrieve, insert and modify data from target database.
- Experience in designing schemas, creating databases and executing queries using SQL
- Experience in providing ER diagrams (conceptual, logical and physical) and implementing Data Mapping targeting the source and destination.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Financial Business Analyst
- Introduced project time entry system for 300+ IT Department resources, ensuring accurate capture of actuals for capital labour reporting.
- Analyzed and interpret execution documents to build asset backed securities distribution models in Microsoft Excel within a narrow time frame.
- Improved the communication, collaboration and accuracy of the budget, accruals, forecast and monthly reporting from 40% to 100%.
- Analyzed and resolved complex billing disputes (repayments, short payments, overpayments) related to vendor deviated cost agreements and purchase based rebate programs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Designed Excel Macros to automate tasks in the reporting process to the benefit of the structured finance team.
- Enhanced all cash flow forecast files to automate 75% of the process to eliminate input errors using excel macros.
- Conducted and facilitated various JAD sessions for multiple iterations with business to gather requirements and performed GAP analysis.
- Automation - created Excel macros to reduce repetitive end-user tasks thus reducing errors and saving time.
- Analysis of financial results and trends to recommend action to business partners to improve vendor financed inventory.
- Work with business users and vendor management systems (VMS) to elicit and document requirements for integration of VMS systems with internal back office system.
- Utilized Excel for analysis, including VLOOKUP, pivot tables, charts, and formulas and Created tools and dashboards in Excel to prototype system changes.
- Reviewed all billing invoices from strategic vendor management and processed invoices for vendor management billing.
- Worked closely with product and accounting to produce reports and key performance indicators and provided vendor expense, billing and auditing report updates to accounting group.
- Utilized Teradata SQL Assistant, Oracle, Tableau, and Excel to collect data and create visualizations. Developed and maintained sales reporting using in MS Excel queries, SQL in Teradata, and MS Access.
- Extracted, manipulated, and automated databases in Access through SQL queries.
- Maintained Excel database management of completed orders and created pivot table reports on team's quarterly performances. Created dynamic templates, financial models and reports that support a wide range of global users.
- Worked with business and technical team to document end to end business process flow diagram.
- Gathered and documented Functional and Non-Functional requirements in Business Technical Requirement Document and use case (using Microsoft word and requisite pro) and prepared requirement traceability matrix. Modelled and stress tested financial plans using Monte Carlo Simulations to determine success.
- Assessment of stress testing approach, relevance of macro-economic risk factors, appropriateness and structural stability of regression models.
- Carried out capital budget analysis (build models for scenario analysis, Monte Carlo Simulations) for investments.
- Created financial models for clients in Excel with advanced formulas and VBA macros to project cash flows, calculate sensitivity indicators, and perform correlation analysis and simple and multiple regression analysis.
- Analyzing and interpreting enormous amounts of data using basic SQL queries and Excel.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Collaborated with various functional teams to develop variables to be used in Stress Testing worksheets using Monte Carlo Simulations.
Financial Business Analyst
- Directed the preparation of regular and special budget reports; ensure e-Billing implementation set up in e-Billing Hub.
- Automated and maintained weekly Efficiency K-factor reports utilizing excel Macros and analyzed reports to find areas of weakness by using gap analysis that resulted in increased employee efficiency of 33%.
- Created complex Excel models utilizing Pivot Tables in conjunction with Power Pivot to link spreadsheets containing copious amounts of data.
- Trained all new employees (full-time, freelance, and contractors) on time entry, conveying the significance of time reporting and how it affects client billing and client profitability.
- Analysis package report (Monthly, Quarterly and Year end). VB Scripting, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and SQL to automate analysis.
- Managed and approved vendor billings, resolved variances and identified funding gaps due Meijer were captured and performed in a timely manner.
- Assisted and supported vendor billing department as a team and ensured confidentiality in all aspects of billing procedures. Completed monthly billing for vendors/customer for (EOM) end of month reporting.
- Partnered with Finance, Merchandising, and vendors to research and resolve funding issues and questions.
- Managed and lead a small team to carry out vendor invoices audit in vendor management department.
- Analyzed the existing business requirements documents to review functional and detail design specification of the application.
- Conducted quarterly true-ups analysis, ad-hoc compensation reports and analysis using Excel and Access, job mapping using Excel pivot tables.
- Utilized advanced Excel techniques and functions to organize and coordinate spreadsheets: VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, CONCATENATE, LEFT, FIND, and nested IF statements.
- Conducted interviews with key business users to gather requirements and business process information.
- Created new applications to track, monitor and report on data using VBA, MS SQL 2012, MS Access and Excel.
- Prepared project reports for management and others, assisted managers in the development of weekly and monthly status reports, documented process flows, policies and procedures.
- Organized and facilitated agile meetings as well as supporting the implementation of Agile scrum across all work streams to ensure continuous improvement.
- Conducted Gap Analysis and developed data relationships diagrams to define the impact of the new requirements on the existing system.
- Involved in mentoring specific projects in application of the new SDLC based on the Agile Unified Process, especially from the project management, requirements and architecture perspectives.
- Used MS Visio to model activities and data flow process in the business and make them more understandable to developers and architects.
- Delivered financial analysis and performance utilizing profitability and probabilistic methods, i.e. regression analysis, discounted cash flow, rate of return, and ROI.
- Utilized SQL queries and Microsoft Excel to add, detect, and update eligibility database.
- Performed end to end testing to validate requirements through gap analysis, identification of test scenarios, test case preparation, test case execution, maintaining daily test reports, defect Logging and tracking.
Financial Business Analyst
- Initiated an automation process to create greater efficiencies via Excel macro.
- Worked directly with Business and Management to get requirements, develop custom translation and mapping solutions using Excel/VB Macros.
- Analyzed well production and revenue to investigate issues and to prepare accounting accruals monthly.
- Prepared forecasting for 3rd party and search product monthly financial report and adjusted estimate per actual invoice amount.
- Conducted prepaid analysis, payroll analysis and prepared account receivable invoices monthly. Prepared channel partners and vendors statement and made payments; prepared account transfers and wires for customers; prepared commission and error reconciliation.
- Analyzed monthly billing budgeting and accounting reports to maintain expenditure controls.
- Created Monthly Activity Reports in Excel and assisted in creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Designed the business requirement collection approach based on the project scope and SDLC Methodology.
- Handled substantial number of user database in MS Excel using pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions in excel.
- Documented business requirements, use cases and user-stories for the projects and fetched approvals from the required personals per the RAM /RACI (Responsibility Assignment Matrix).
- Created parametric and analogous cost models using regression analysis and Modeling.
- Led and conducted JAD sessions for requirements gathering, analysis and design of the system.
- Worked on the enhancement/redesign of the UI and enhanced UX to suit the needs of LPL and its Advisors and Representatives. The focus was to improve User Experience of the User Interface thereby capturing all the elements/data that are essential to AML.
- Created analytic reports from the CRM, QuickBase and SQL database for use by internal and external stakeholders, improving overall decision-making ability for processes and product development.
- Drive, maintain and generates Reports: Forecast, Backlog/Booking, Shipping, and Revenue.
- Follow-up orders, letter of credits, and order cleanliness with the customers and sales reps & distributors.
- Worked in Excel, Access and Toad Database for reporting purposes.
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC) in RUP framework.
- Assisted in on-going research and regression analysis of strategic alternatives, products, economic indicators, competitive forces, and new/emerging technologies.
- Performed analysis related to Spares Order Processing and Spares Escalations as well as prepareweekly, monthly and quarterly reports, including (Key Performance Indicators) KPI and Operational Metrics
- Worked as a Configuration Analyst with Product Marketing Manager, Engineering, & Ops to generate a Product Architectural Configuration, and participated in the PLC - Product Life Cycle meetings.
- Managed Global Support Service (GSS) Division - purchasing, quoting and booking service, spares and warranty orders, RMAs, inventory management, safety stocks, shipments, invoicing with Field Service Report, and revenue reporting.
- Work closely with global sales team to process incoming orders; generate quotes in SAP. Managemultiple slot/revenue plans. Forecast quarterly estimated earnings to corporate and hold weeklymeetings; collaborate on driving revenue. Team with marketing and sales to perform price analysis.