- Eight plus (8+) years of experience as a Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirement elicitation, BRD, FRD and all facets of the Business Analysis Life Cycle.
- Worked in various domains such as Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Supply Chain.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC - Requirements Analysis, Design, Construction, Testing, Implementation, Support), Project Life Cycle and SDLC Models – Waterfall, Prototyping, and Methodologies – Agile (SCRUM), Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Conducted GAP Analysis, SWOT Analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis and Impact Analysis.
- Experience in creating Business Process Models, Use Case Design and Analysis, Use Case specifications, Business Processes documentation, Workflow diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Wireframes and Mockups for Prototypes.
- Hands on experience in MS Visio, MS SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience in creating clear, structured, consistent and quality requirement documents responsible for successful implementation of small and large-scale projects.
- Worked collaboratively with the Development and Quality Assurance teams during the Test Life Cycle and experienced in performing User Acceptance Testing.
- Extensively interacted with the QA Team in executing the Test Plans, Providing Test Data and Creating Test Cases.
- Prepared Training Manuals and Knowledge Transfer Manuals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience working with business users as well as Senior Management.
- Strong work ethics, taking ownership of all duties and responsibilities and efficient time management skills.
Bachelors in Information Technology
Confidential,New York October 2012-December 2012
Project: Claims Replacement
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
AFTRA Health and Benefits (AMERICAN FEDERATION OF TELEVISION AND RADIO ARTISTS), comprises two entities. The AFTRA Health Fund offers quality, high-value health coverage to performers and their dependents, while the AFTRA Retirement Fund administers pension benefits that help provide financial security to performers during retirement.
The project was aimed at migrating from the existing system BENESYS which involved lots of manual work to a new system HEALTH suite which drives the processes automatically, thus help reduce the turnaround time.
- Analyzed the legacy system and gained an overview of its functionalities.
- Went through the configuration documents of HEALTH suite, understood its functionalities, and performed the GAP Analysis between the two systems.
- Liaised with the Benefits business unit and became an expert in their business processes.
- Collaborated closely with the technical team for solution development.
- Interacted with subject matter experts to gain a thorough understanding of their reporting needs; helped gather the to-be reporting requirements.
- Developed a Reporting Matrix to maintain traceability.
- Performed a gap analysis on the “as-is” v/s “to-be” data elements
- Designed the template for the reports for the “to-be “data elements.
- Interacted with the crystal reports writer in designing the reports
- Conducted meetings to get a sign off on “to be” reports from the key stake holders.
- Detailed out the Process flow for Appeals and eligibility in the “as-is” process using Visio.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Microsoft Visio, Crystal Reports, SharePoint, J2EE
Confidential,CA January 2012-September 2012
Project: Manufacturing Execution System v1.2
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Amgen is an American based multi-national bio pharmaceutical firm headquartered in Thousand Oaks, California. Amgen is the world’s largest biotechnology firm.
This project is about adding an enhancement to their existing Manufacturing Execution System functionality so that errors can be avoided at a micro level.
- Involved in the meeting with Business Process Owners, SME (Subject Matter Experts) and store users for Requirement gathering in Definition Stage.
- Responsible for writing and maintaining Functional Requirement Specifications (FRD) and Requirements Traceability.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and segregated them into high level and low-level Use Cases, Activity Diagrams/State Chart Diagrams (UML).
- Mapped the old requirements with the new requirements and communicated it with the business groups for the Gap Analysis.
- Created Process Flow diagrams, Use case diagrams (UML) using MS-Visio.
- Prepared Mockups and Web Layouts for the application.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases, using Camtasia recorder to record the testing.
- Performed UAT based on Requirements Document.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for testing and report/data validation.
- Worked on Module testing and Factory acceptance testing for AMGEN using Werum-PASX Manufacturing execution Systems software.
- Helped in integrating PAS-X and ERP systems.
- Worked with the other team members in order to maintain the Change control process and Version Control.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, SQL Developer, PAS-X, SAP R/3, JIRA, Camtasia, JAVA
Confidential,MN June 2011-November 2011
Project: MMM PDE Suppression
Role: Lead Business Analyst
Express Scripts is a Fortune 100 companies and is one of the largest Pharmacy Benefits Management Organization (PBM) in the United States. The company processespharmaceutical claims for members at network pharmacies and at their ownmail orderpharmacies.
In this project the Medicare and Medicaid (MMM) system in Puerto Rico is requesting that Express Scripts (ESI) suppress Prescribed Drug Event (PDE) for the excluded Drugs related Claims because they are concerned this is impacting their PDE Error resolution rate. ESI does have the capability to suppress PDE’s (E.g. Excluded Drugs) at the Division (DIV) level only. MMM would need suppression at the Benefits Plan Level (BPL) level.
- Worked on Well point –Express scripts and Medco-Express Scripts Merger internal projects as a part of the Express Scripts Corporate Systems and Data Warehouse team.
- Helped define the scope of different projects by interacting with cross-functional teams through JAR sessions.
- Planned and attended SCRUM meetings.
- Created current as-Is and future To-Be Business Process Models, performed Gap Analysis.
- Created Context level Data Flow Diagram; reviewed with the stakeholder’s version of context level DFD and updated these diagrams.
- Created Functional Decomposition Diagrams; reviewed with the stakeholder’s version of Decomposition Diagrams and updated these diagrams.
- Achieved Business Signoff for these deliverables after detailed reviews by the stakeholders, project managers and business systems analysts.
- Provided High Level and Detailed Functional Walkthrough, attended High Level and Low-Level Design meetings and updated documents with missed requirements.
- Documented traceability between high-level requirements and high-level design and detailed requirements and detailed design.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, J2EE, MS Visio, IBM Mainframe, and Informatica.
Confidential,CA September 2010-May 2011
Project: Toyota NAPOSCM Bridge
Role: Business Analyst
My client was Toyota North American Parts Operations (NAPO). The division manages the distribution of service parts and accessories to Toyota’s dealers across North America.
The project was intended to identify and evaluate the effects of the following regulations and policies on NAPO: Ports Infrastructure Cargo fee; Ports Clean Truck Fee; Alameda Corridor Fee; Chassis Policies; Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations. The purpose of this project was to analyze the operational and financial impact on Toyota’s supply chain management system and provide solutions to minimize the impact.