- Qualified professional with 10+ years of extensive experience working with the technical staff to implement management and staff's business requirements into the software application.
- Team player and a self - starter with excellent communications skills, and interpersonal skills with exceptional ability to build productive relationships with colleagues, clients, and vendors across all functional and technical disciplines.
- Experienced in successfully delivering business and technical projects on time and near budget. Experience includes business systems analysis and project leadership in business process adoption, software development and systems integration, handle pressure, meet deadlines and coordinating multiple tasks in project environment.
- Combined experience in Software Development Life Cycle and Business / System Analysis: experienced in gathering user requirements, documenting requirements, technical writing, business analysis, system analysis, testing, and implementation of projects.
- Extensive experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Waterfall life cycle, Traditional model Scrum model, and V-model.
- Proficient in software documentation, business report and technical report writing, documenting processes and procedures during the entire project development life cycle.
- Conversant in a broad range of technologies and tools, including business process tools such as Erwin, Rational Rose, MS Visio, Data Analysis and Data Modeling.
- Familiar with MS Project.
- Explicit understanding of Healthcare Reform and ACA (Affordable Care Act).
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) transaction, code set rules such as 837-Institutional, 837-Professional, 835-Claim Payment/Remittance Advise, 270/271-Eligibility Benefit Inquiry/Response, 276/277-Claim Status Inquiry/Response Transactions and testing in Client Server systems and Mainframe Applications, EDI 834, ICD9-ICD10.
- Experience with health care Systems: Medicare Part A, B, C, D, Medicaid systems, FACETS.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty Insurance.
- Basic understanding of ISO (Insurance Service Office) rules.
- Experience configuring GuideWire PolicyCenter (P&C Confidential ) for Commercial Line of Businesses.
- Experienced in performing functional tests at various stages of SDLC using manual testing and automated testing tools.
- Experienced in creating and managing test plans and test scripts.
- Expert in eliciting and gathering requirements, conducting meetings, JAR/JAD sessions and performing User Acceptance Testing with stakeholders and end users.
- Strong background and superior understanding of concepts in planning, designing and management of software implementations throughout the software development life cycle.
- Experience working in Data Warehouse projects.
- Good understanding of Data Dictionary and Data Modeling.
- Experience in driving out Data Requirements for database applications.
- Knowledgeable in data warehouse concepts used for Reporting and Analytics.
Programming Skills: HTML, SQL, Visual basic, SAS, XML
Database Engines: Oracle9i, Oracle10g, SQL Server 11.0, DB2, MS Access
Database Tools: Win SQL, SQL Developer, DB2 Upload
Reporting Tools: Crystal Reports 8.0, Business Objects, BO WEBI, BO DESKI
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8, Linux, Mac OS
BA Tools: MS Office, Visio, MS Project, Rational Rose, Rational Requisite Pro, MS Office FrontPage, SharePoint, Lotus Notes
Performance Testing: Virtual User Generator, Load Runner, WAPT
Processes/Technologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Scrum, Agile, Waterfall
Tracking Tools: Requisite Pro, Win runner, QTP, Test Director, Mercury Quality Center, HP ALM, SilkCentral, JIRA, Confluence
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Scrum Master / Lead Business Analyst
- Working in Scrum Methodology.
- Conducting and Facilitating Daily Scrum Meetings, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Creating, maintaining and managing Product Backlog.
- Helping in the estimation of timeline and drawing a roadmap.
- Maintained task board and produced Daily Burn-Down Charts.
- Monitoring and tracking user stories, defects and overall project development progress throughout each sprint to ensure project is within scope, budget and timeline.
- Removing obstacle by escalating a risks/issue to CIO and Directors in early stages.
- Improving team velocity by incorporating better capacity planning for each sprint.
- Conducting requirements sessions with counselors and interviewing business SMEs to gather requirements.
- Building UI mockups for better understanding of requirements.
- Working closely with DOL (Department of Labor) and CTAE (Career, Technical and Agricultural Education) staff to gather necessary data about career choices and clusters & pathway courses.
- Communicating with various vendors to gather and display Assessments and Assessment results for student portfolios on counselor companion - student view.
Environment/Technology: MS Office 2013, MS Visio Win SQL 11.0, LDS, SharePoint 2010, SSRS, HP ALM, SSRS Report Manager, .net, Mobile First Development, Angular
Confidential, Conyers, GA
Project Lead / Lead Business Analyst
- Interviewed with business user from Courts, GECPS Support, DMS (Data Management System), Legal and help desk department to understand on-going GECPS issues and challenges.
- Brainstormed and provided solutions for User Interface to make it more interactive and user friendly for Court Clerks and DDS Administrators.
- Gathered Requirements for minimum necessary reports for DDS Administrators.
- Developed Wireframes and mockups for reports and UI design.
- Analyzed data to be used for reports using SQL Queries.
- Performed manual testing on the changes/updates.
- Scheduled and assisted business in UAT.
- Assisted to leverage data accuracy and integrity.
- Gathered and documented high-level requirements for GECPS Re-write.
- Drew process flows to better understand the process of GECPS application.
- Updated contents related to GECPS application on DDS website.
Environment/Technology: MS Office 2013, MS Visio Win SQL 11.0, GECP, SharePoint 2010, SSRS, HP ALM, SSRS Report Manager, .net
Director of Volunteerism
- Provide and train volunteers for monthly meetings.
- Provide volunteers for other event activities.
- Track and report volunteers’ participation in event activities.
- Generate monthly reports for the Board.
- Serve as an ambassador for the chapter.
- Follow up with guest during and after chapter events.
- Encourage guests to join chapter by explaining advantages of involvements in chapter activities and events.
- Track guests to member conversion rate.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Scrum Master / Sr. GuideWire Business Analyst
- Worked in Scrum Methodology.
- Wrote User Stories for Commercial Auto, Worker’s Compensation, and Common Policy Package (Commercial Property, General Liability, Crime, and Inland Marine) Line of Business.
- Conducted and Facilitated Daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming and Retrospective meeting.
- Removed blockers for team members on a daily basis to allow the team to deliver the sprint goals & deliverables.
- Monitored the development progress throughout each sprint to ensure project was within scope and budget.
- Worked with end users and product manager to prioritize and validate user stories.
- Analyzed OOTB (out of the box) behavior of GuideWire PolicyCenter to better understand the system workflows and provide suggestions to business that would improve efficiency and incorporate State specific ISO (Insurance Service Office) rules.
- Interviewed different areas of Business SMEs and Business Users to gather requirements that are Niche, Sub-Niche specific.
- Gathered requirements and assisting to re-build existing reports from GuideWire PolicyCenter data.
- Ran SQL queries to analyze data and document mapping requirements for reports.
- Created Mock ups for UI (User Interface) Configuration Requirements.
- Assisted QAs by reviewing Test Designs and Test cases.
- Assisted business in UAT testing.
- Performed manual testing to ensure that the system is working as expected.
- Uploaded, Maintained and Shared documents on SharePoint.
- Used Rally/CA Agile Central to create and maintain User Stories, BurnDown Charts.
- Created and Tracked defects.
- Worked on Change Control Items to analyze and implement post production needs.
- Assisted writing Training Modules for business users.
Environment/Technology: MS Office 2013, Win SQL 11.0, GuideWire PolicyCenter 8.0.1 and Product Designer, SharePoint 2010, Rally/CA Agile Central, HP ALM, SSRS Report Manager
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst/QA Coordinator
- Used Scrum Methodology.
- Gathered and documented Business Requirements for database applications.
- Consulted with Business Partners and Technical Team on solutions to meet Business Needs.
- Conducted and Facilitated Sprint Panning, Sprint Retrospective and Daily stand up meeting for each sprint cycle.
- Encouraged and implemented Process Improvements.
- Helped team to complete tasks successfully and on-time by resolving obstacles.
- Created User Stories and Dashboards in JIRA and Confluence.
- Created SQL Queries to analyses and test data.
- Created reports and dashboards in business friendly language to answer business questions using BO WEBI tool.
- Worked independently to produce project deliverables such as knowledgeable in data warehouse concepts used for reporting and analytics User Stories, Data Mappings, Mock ups, and Wireframes etc. for large sized (>500 Hours) projects.
- Uploaded and shared documentation via SharePoint.
- Worked as a QA (Quality Assurance) Coordinator.
- Created Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Created and tacked defects using JIRA.
- Uploaded and updated test data using DB2 Upload tool.
- Tested Transformation Rules.
- Performed End to End test to ensure that the data flows accurately from Operational Data Source (ODS) to the Foundation Marts.
- Coordinated UAT testing.
Environment/Technology: MS Office 2013, Win SQL 11.0, Business Object, SAP, SAS ODS, BO WEBI3.1, BO DESKI 3.1, SharePoint 2010, JIRA, Confluence, DB2 Upload, DB2, Beyond Compare
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Project Manager III / Facets Business Analyst
- “XA0 - Child-Only Policies” project’s scope was to review this manual billing processes for Child-Only Policies.
- XA0 was also responsible to identify and implement efficiencies; this included creation and storage of child only policy indicator to uniquely identify child-only policies and gather, maintain and deliver guardian information to critical business processes which require the information.
Project Manager III / Facets Business Analyst
- “X92-TriZetto Confidential ” project was created to handle Confidential for which HLEs (High Level Estimates) were between 250 to 500 hours.
Project Manager III / Business Intelligence Business Analyst
- Wrote and presented Business Cases for each individual enhancement request in front of CCB (Change Control Board)
- Assisted business in writing Value Stories for Facets product enhancements requests.
- Reviewed Decision Documents.
- Evaluated RFP (Request For Proposal).
- Conducted project manager in scoping sessions.
- Involved in all phases of SDLC throughout the project.
- Determined team velocity from historical data. Created work breakdown structure & corresponding activities.
- Created and sent out weekly status reports. Identified and mitigated team risk and impediments.
- Identified and created Business Workflow Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Analyzed existing Reports.
- Gathered requirements to enhance existing reports and to build new report.
- Created Mock up Reports based on the requirements.
- Ran SQL queries to ensure that all required tables and columns are replicated and are available in Business Object Universes.
- Managed redesign of data warehouse product that delivered significant improvements to batch processing.
- Managed scope change, identified potential risks and devised contingency plan.
- Assisted business to build Business Object reports in Web Intelligence tool.
- Helped and supervised other BAs to Facilitate HLR (High Level Requirements), and IDR (Initial Data Requirements) sessions to gather Requirements.
- Elicited, analyzed, modeled, and documented Detailed Business Requirements (DBR) and Validated requirements with stakeholders and the project team by communicating and presenting requirements artifacts, models, and deliverables appropriate to stakeholder needs.
- Imported and tracked requirements as well as defects in HP ALM and SilkCenter.
- Used HP ALM to trace test cases back to the requirements to ensure that all the requirements are being covered in test cases.
- Worked with TriZetto/Cognizant and Connecture (Vendors), as a liaison between Wellmark and Vendors to ensure that the development team has a clear understanding of the requirements and complete project is aware of timelines and dependencies.
- Used SharePoint documents managements tool to store, organize, share and access documents.
- Reviewed and updated Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Helped business to write UAT Test Cases and managed UAT Testing.
- Aligned expectations for projects (deliverables) by establishing and managing cross-functional (Membership, Claims, Underwriters etc.) stakeholder teams.
- Ensured timely updates by weekly status reports to management and executives.
- Analyzed Mainframe reports that are generated through current Wellmark's Legacy Systems (NRBS-National Regular Business System and RTMS-Real Time Membership System.)
- Performed GAP analysis and created a Master Inventory of the business’ existing, critical-reporting processes that will be impacted by Quantum Program.
- Identified new business reporting requirements in response to new ACA (Affordable Care Act) regulations.
- Worked with project manager to define solution scope.
- Used Facets Data Dictionary to assist in Data Mapping process.
- Used Facets Data Models to better understand table structures & joins and to assist business in creating new reports.
- Identified and addressed data issues affecting data integrity using MDM (Master Data Management) standards.
- Created AD-hoc BO Reports using WEBI and BO DESKI.
- Created Daily defect tracking reports and conducted bi-weekly KIOT meeting to walkthrough Open defects with Business and Project team.
Environment/Technology: Silk Central, MS Office 2013, Win SQL 11.0, Business Object, BO WEBI3.1, BO DESKI 3.1, SAP, SAS ODS, Windows, MDM (Master Data Management), NRBS, Share Point, RTMS, Facets 5.0 & Facets 5.2, SharePoint 2010
Confidential, Honolulu, HI
Business Analyst / Technical Writer
- Utilized Scrum model from agile methodology.
- Structured and evaluated RFP (Request for Proposal).
- Conducted JAR sessions to verify and validate the business requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions to allow Connector and DHS stakeholders to communicate with each other, resolve problems at early stage.
- Created and maintained Action Item and Policy Item Log.
- Used HP ALM tool to manage requirements, create test scripts, and tie requirements to test scripts and identify and manage defects.
- Identified and created all necessary business use cases from requirements, created UMLdiagrams including workflow diagram, use cases diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, and class diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Worked with DHS to gather requirements of their current case load management system and suggested new ideas that are helpful in the development of the new KOLEA system.
- Created Business Requirement Documents (BRD’s), Functional Documents (FD’s) and System Requirements Specification (SRS’s) documents.
- Collected, documented & managed business requirements and managed all change requests.
- Conducted FIT/GAP analysis to derive requirements for existing systems enhancements.
- Used Share Point document management system to share documents and interact with client.
- Gathered business requirements from Business SMEs as to what reports to build and what end users expected us to produce.
- Involved in making the Medicare patient profiles being compliant with the HIPAA (834 transactions) regulations as well as ICD 9 - ICD 10.
- Worked on Document Management, Service Definition, Workflow Management, Contact Management, Neutrals Management, Activity Management and Communications Management modules.
- Co-worked with QA in writing test plan and prepared expectation management metrics & change management plan.
- Researched Hawaii Medicaid fee for service claims using Hawaii Prepaid Medicaid Management Information System (HPMMIS).
- Involved in fine tuning SQL overrides for performance Enhancements.
- Performed manual testing on the KOLEA system to raise errors.
- Documented the errors and escalated them.
- Coordinated with DHS to develop UAT cases and Conducted to make sure that all user requirements are catered by the application & involved in preparing a user manual.
- Prepared weekly & monthly status reports, documented process flows, policies & procedures & developed training materials.
- Conducted training sessions with eligibility workers and case workers.
Environment/Technology: Windows, Oracle, Siebel, Identity and Access Management (IAM), JAVA/ J2EE, MDM (Master Data Management), identity access management (IAM), HPMMIS, Federal/State Hub interfaces, BI Publisher, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Share Point,HP ALM, BugZilla, Load-runner.
- Consulted with HSBC as a functional and technical expert in the FAS and CMSmodules of VisionPLUS.
- Use Case modeling, translating Business Requirements into Functional and Technical Solutions, developing critical fixes for high priority defects, managing development and testing activities for new card products and features by coordinating and tracking work progress for globally located teams.
- Designed, developed and implemented a replacement budgeting system for the IT department. This replaced an Excel-based budgeting system with a Hyperion Planning application.
- Led the Hyperion team to complete the 2006 "Reporting Strategy" project on-time.
- Designed and implemented a Performance Management System for technical support processes which enabled users to deposit, withdraw investments and manage individual portfolios in easier way.
- Worked with SME’s of different groups to gain detailed knowledge of Investments and Capital Market and also to understand the cross impacts of the system
- Worked with QA team in requirement testing, integrations testing and UAT.