- Proven experience in Business Analysis/Systems Design, Software Programming and Project Management.
- Solid experience in the analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance, and management of functional computer systems (using SDLC/Agile/Waterfall); and, the preparation of supporting documentation.
- Experience working with functional/business users, supervising programmers, and working independently in challenging/team - oriented environments.
- Experience developing System Flow Diagrams (using Visio) to show the sequence of processing that would be used to accomplish the desired processing.
- Experience working with the User Acceptance Testing group to ensure that the software implemented was working correctly, and to obtain User Sign-off.
- Performed data analysis and developed different types of data structures to meet system needs, and used SQL to process data/generate reports.
Business Analysis: Develop Documents (BRD, FRD, TDD), Meet with Functional Users and establish Requirements, Manage Projects (MS Project), Set Time-Lines/Estimates, and use Data Mapping/ Modeling tools (SSRS/Tableau, etc.) to process data and present results.
Programming Languages: COBOL, COBOL II, SQL, C, C++, Java, ECL, JCL, and WFL
IBM MVS, z/OS: CICS, TSO/ISPF, DB2, SQL, XML, MQ/Websphere, VSAM, IMS, CA7, FileAid, Xpediter, Endevor, QMF, Syncsort, Assembler, Librarian and JCL
Others: Systematics Banking systems, Credit Cards systems, IBM VM, Tandem NS, Visio, Outlook
Windows MS Office: Powerpoint, Excel, Macros, VBA, MS Project, Access, Sharepoint, and Word.
Confidential, New York, NY
Management/ Business Analyst
- Utilized computerized security system MIST (Modified Infrastructure Survey Tool) to identify facilities that are scheduled for assessment.
- Developed systems (Excel/Access/Sharepoint/Powerpoint) to analyze and present information on work in progress
- Generate Management Reports from relational database using SQL as needed.
- Conducted Quality Control review on individual assessment packages to ensure compliance with higher levels of government regulations
- Participated in Panel Reviews (walk-thru) to identify and correct issues with specific assessments
- Met with the Chief of Risk Management and Commanders to discuss problems and determine solutions
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Performed contract assignment with the State of PA IT Department to develop new software to provide healthcare benefits to individuals as specified in the Affordable Care Act.
- New processing and software projects to manage this initiative were developed to meet given time-lines using Agile methodology.
- I frequently met with user and programming groups to solve problems, participate in UAT testing, and write specifications to describe the work to develop and implement software.
- Used SQL to process data for analysis.
- Worked with the Project Manager to develop the Functional Requirements document to describe the system changes that would be made to complete Healthy PA project.
- Met with the Users (managers) and systems development staff to discuss project status and resolve day-to-day issues.
- Workable agreements would be documented, and the solutions communicated to all members of the group.
- Developed System Flow Diagrams (using Visio) to show the sequence of processing that would be used to accomplish the desired processing.
- Also worked with the User Acceptance Testing group to ensure that the software implemented was working.
Confidential, Albany, NY
Business Analyst/IT Consultant
- Provide systems analysis, data analysis, new development and maintenance functions for the SSPS and other financial systems using Agile methodology.
- Programs are written in COBOL/UCOB for SSPS and WMS on Unisys 1100/2200 mainframes. Software used include DPS, CIFS-2200, SSG, SORT and MAPPER.
- SSPS is a large financial management system used by the state of NY to make payments to vendors. Risk management principles were employed to safeguard the integrity of electronic and standard payments on a weekly basis to multiple vendors.
- Ensure the SSPS system comply with State regulations on payments for services.
- I worked with the department managers to develop several Business Requirements Documents (BRD) for the various projects that I worked on.
- Once the Business Requirement Documents were finalized and sign-off obtained, I continued to work with other analysts and development staff to develop Technical Requirements documents that showed the details of system changes needed, and new processing decided on.
- I also developed Use Case documents and recorded User Stories for use in system development and documentation.
- I participated in User Acceptance Testing activities, and helped to obtain User Sign-off on projects prior to production implementation
- Work with users to develop new procedures and techniques to accomplish objectives.
- Write new Systems Requirement documents to describe applications to be developed.
- Test and correct software to ensure accuracy (QA), and to achieve business needs.
- Trained new State employees to become effective in the programming environment.
- Do analysis and design work to build new applications for the user community.
- Develop Access and C/C++ software (OOD) for use with data presentation and reporting.
- Trouble-shoot problem situations to find source and fixes for problems (UAT).
- Used MS Windows, Word, Excel VBA, Project, and Powerpoint to develop documents.
Confidential, New York City, NY
Business Systems Analyst
- Performed hands-on business systems analyst and programming work which included security considerations and the analysis and design of new and modified systems to support the processing and issuance of over four million Chase ATM Debit cards to business and regular-consumer customers.
- Risk management concerns were addressed, communicated, and steps taken to mitigate risks.
- Software for the card management system (CRF) process on IBM MVS mainframe (Batch and Online) using COBOL/JCL/CICS, JCL, Cognos, MQ Series, ETL, DB2/SQL, IMS, and VSAM databases.
- Managed the development and implementation of a new card system (Logical Cards) that allowed issuance of millions of new ATM cards in the future.
- Performed Reporting functions, using Cognos software and other utilities.
- Performed data analysis and data modeling (Use Case) to manage Debit Card processing.
- Met with marketing staff and wrote requirements documents for new products.
- Developed and tested new COBOL/SQL and Assembler programs to support card maintenance and issuance.
- Performed On-Call support for the Card system, and resolved DB2/SQL problems daily.