- Highly motivated individual with about 9 years of experience in the IT industry
- Over 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst across various domains like Healthcare, Pharmacy Benefits Management, Health Insurance, Financial Trading, and Pharmaceutical.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and different SDLC methodologies like Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, RUP
- Well versed in Requirement Gathering by analyzing existing project, GAP analysis, effective negotiation with the business users, conducting JAD sessions, scenario analysis and reviewing the reports
- Good experience in Eliciting Requirement and documentation of Business Requirements (BRD) and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) with excellent business writing skills
- Extensive experience translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language ( UML) and BPMN: Use cases and Use case diagrams, Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, Class diagrams and Business Process Flows.
- Used Requirement Traceability Matrix to track the requirements
- Rigorously worked and Interacted with Testing and Development teams assisting them in understanding BRD and preparing the test plan, test cases, test scripts and system testing. This includes experience performing data mapping and data analysis
- Experienced in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Bug Remediation.
- Participated in production go - live by executing high-level post production test cases
- Experience in PEGARULES Process Commander (PRPC), PEGA PMF, PEGA Direct Capture of Objectives and IBM - BPM systems, design and development of Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Rules Engines (BRE) applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a good team player willing to work in challenging environment
- Astute, diligent learner with the ability to plan and prioritize efficiently
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, PEGA AP, BlueWorks Live, Lucidcharts, Rational Rose, Toad Data modelerReporting Tableau, IBM- Cognos 10
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, Teradata, Oracle 9i, SQL Server, IBM DB2
Languages: UML, BPMN, XML, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic, Unix Shell Programming, Java
Tools: and Technologies: Teradata SQL Assistant, TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL Navigator, Crontab, MS Visio, SQL*Loader, Designer 2000, MS-Office
Operating Systems: Windows (7, 2000, 2003, XP, NT), UNIX (Solaris)
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, PEGA PMF, Test Director, Rational ClearQuest, QTP
Tracking Tools: JIRA, SharePoint
Version Control: PVCS, SVN
BPM Software Solutions: Pega (PRPC), Pega PMF, PEGA Application Profiler, Pega DCO, IBM - BPM Blueworks Live
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for exhaustive Gap Analysis with business users and documenting the findings textually or within models, into clear and concise Functional and non-Functional documents.
- Interviewed subject matter experts (SMEs), asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in high-level Business Requirements Document (BRD), in a format intelligible to both business and technical teams.
- Participated in JAD sessions and assisted the Dev and QA teams with understanding user requirement specifications. Iteratively refined requirements based on feedback from business team.
- Followed UML based methods to create User Stories and Use Cases. Used Visio to create Sequence diagrams, Data flow diagrams etc.
- Responsible for defining the Scope and Deliverables of Sprints and maintaining Product Backlog and requirement traceability matrices.
- Assisted the Testing Team in preparing Test Plans and Test Cases. Performed Unit and System testing before integration of all the separate modules for further testing to ensure an efficient operation
- Worked with the SME performing data analysis to identify fields to be displayed in reports as per different roles/ actors
- Worked with delivery team on structuring and organizing data for use in the analytics/ report screens
- Used SQL and SOAPUI (XML services) for verifying the data being displayed in reports, dashboard, query manager and the data that is coming in from the eSource database
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs, inspections and verification meetings with various stakeholders in the project.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) phase and helped in preparation of documentation.
- Familiar with current industry standards, such as HIPAA, Title 21 CFR Part 11
Environment: Java, JSP, Oracle 11g, Quality Center, MS Office, MS Visio, SOAPUI, SQL Developer
Client: Confidential, NJ
- Participated in numerous elaboration meetings with Business users towards gathering detailed functional requirement of the Retrospect and AI modules.
- Involved with Business users / Data subject matter experts to understand data requirement of the various modules and data flow via SOA systems - identifying which XML services to be used and what parameters are brought by the respective XML services
- Converted the business flow as per the BRD into process models using the BlueWorks Live
- Worked on creating, tracking and managing the Requirement Traceability Matrix for AI, Retro and DNR projects.
- Participated in extensive meetings with the QA and Dev teams to explain and clarify issues regarding the BlueWorks Live flow charts.
- Involved in data flow analytics for new webservices being developed- for e.g. getLabData would replace multiple existing services. Identified all services being absorbed and all systems that call said existing services
- Guided the QA team in finding gaps in Test Cases for AI and Retro modules to ensure business needs are appropriately covered in Testing Scenarios.
- Involved in testing multiple web services (.wsdl) and XML with SoapUI Pro - Mebex, Member benefits, Image plus, NASCO, Blue square, Care planner web (CPW), Cognos (Inbound EDI Claim), PIBA (pulls the info from EDI) & CIRRUS- Audit/ Overpayment Tracking Systems
- XML and .wsdl testing was twofold - (1) to test the actual service or .wsdl once it has been moved to UAT environment to ensure it is hitting correct data source and bringing back accurate data. (2) Upon delivery of a particular module using a specific XML service or .wsdl, the data being displayed on the application front would also be verified against the XML response and against base data source
- Led the team effort for participation in UAT. Interacted regularly with developers to explain and resolve defects in a timely manner. Facilitated the sign-offs after each sprint.
Environment: IBM BPM, Blue Works Live, NASCO, CIRRUS, SQL Server, Oracle, HP QC, SoapUI, SoapUI Pro, MS Excel, MS Visio, Agile, SharePoint
Business Analyst (Scrum Team/ Vision Lead)
- Conducted JAD session and actively participated in Elaboration meetings with Product Owner and Business users to brainstorm over the User Stories and “Look and Feel” of the Reports.
- Performed exhaustive Requirements Analysis and collaborated with the Product Owner, Stakeholders and Dev/ QA teams for mitigation of issues identified.
- Assisted the Scrum Master to set up the Process flow to be followed during each sprint as per the Client’s Development and QA process requirements
- Captured the Business Logic and developed Business and Functional Specifications documents for each sprint based on User Stories for application developed in IBM Cognos Report Studio 10 and IBM Business Insight .
- Used PEGA Project Management Framework (PMF) to map the Requirements with User Test Cases
- Developed Test Data Scenarios and worked with the Data Architect for creation of the Test Data.
- Performed data mapping for the input-output fields for various reports, from the requirements gathered. Performed Data Validation testing to ensure that the correct XML services are being accessed
- Led the team effort for participation in UAT. Interacted regularly with developers to explain and resolve defects in a timely manner and facilitated the sign-off for go live. Participated in high-level test execution post go-live.
- Wrote SQL queries (using Teradata SQL Assistant) for verification of the data displayed on the Reports. Also tested and validated the logic(s) applied on the reports.
- Used PEGA PMF for defect tracking and maintained defect repository and followed defect life cycle until it was closed
- Authored various documents to facilitate knowledge transfer to team members.
Environment: IBM Business Insight, IBM Cognos Report Studio, Teradata, IBM DB2, PEGA-Project Management Framework, PEGA 5.5/ 6.1, MS Excel 2007, MS Word, MS Visio 2007, SharePoint, Agile Scrum
BA/QA - Scrum Team Lead
- Effectively facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions to gather, finalize and document requirements into Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Discussed BRD with subject matter experts and Product owner(s) and converted the validated BRD into User Stories and Use Cases to be used in Agile-Scrum environment
- Analyzed and discussed Use Cases with Scrum Master and Product Owner to determine the scope and prioritization of deliverables for each sprint
- Worked closely with QA and Developers to clarify functionality and resolve issues. Provided feedback to ensure quality of the end product by assisting them during system testing.
- Designed the Test Plan and test cases for UAT. Generated project deliverables within sprints to match project milestone and created requirement traceability matrix to track the work flow
- Led a team of onshore-offshore BA, responsible for work distribution and oversaw successful completion of each sprint. Also responsible for co-coordinating with offshore team for providing Knowledge transfer on items discussed during the onshore hours.
- Understanding of PEGA Flow Actions and customization of deliverables based on that.
- Prepared test data scenarios and gathered test data by executing XML requests and studying the corresponding responses, towards UAT
- Raised data requests for data move from Prod to UAT environment as and when required. Followed up with the Data Support group for facilitating the request to be filled appropriately.
- Performed Smoke, Integration testing after code move of each consecutive sprint to ensure proper functionality delivery.
- Conducted “Bug Calls” on a regular basis during sprints to review the bugs opened in PMF, track these through till closure and documenting the respective Root Cause.
- Prepared various training materials to be used by new team members that may join project at a later stage.
Environment: PEGA PMF, PEGA 6.1/6.2, ClearQuest, DB2, Teradata SQL Assistant 7.1, QTP 11.0, HP QC 11, MS Excel, Visio and Word, Agile Scrum, SharePoint
Business Analyst/ QA Analyst
- Actively participated in Elaborations, Story Point estimations, Sprint Planning meetings with Business users and Product owners to understand the flow of different epics of application developed in PEGA PRPC 5.5
- Reviewed User Stories and supporting technical documents.
- Wrote extensive Use Cases and created Use Case diagrams
- Assisted the QA teams in designing Test plan and Test cases based on Use Cases
- Conducted smoke testing and integration testing to check combined parts of the system function together correctly. Actively took part in UAT
- Prepared and maintained a requirements traceability matrix (RTM) to check whether the business requirements are being covered.
- Prepared Test data scenarios for UAT and gathered active test data using Datapower Test Harness for XML responses. Also gathered data by Querying the DB2 and Teradata systems
- Identified bugs, logged and tracked the defects using ClearQuest and interacted with the developers to resolve the defects.
- Logged observation for the defects in PMF, retested and close/reopen observation in PMF. Participated in coordinating of sign-off after each sprint and build
- Moved observations in Product Backlog at the end of the sprint
- Participated in sprint Demo & Retrospective.
- Participated in scrum, daily stand up meetings, Data Preparation meetings.
- Co-coordinated with offshore and onshore team for the task allocation, weekly status report and daily meeting.
Environment: PEGA PMF, PEGA 5.5/6.1, ClearQuest 6.1, DB2, Teradata (SQL Assistant 7.1), QTP 11, QC 11, MS Excel, Visio and Word, Agile Scrum, SharePoint
Business Analyst/ QA Analyst
- Performed the role of a facilitator in executing the Trade statement requirement where STS could consume and include Statements all cleared trade requirements i.e., Trade, Billing and Settlements data (IM, VM, Holdings, Trades, Coupons and Billing) where Statements to display data (Margin requirements, settlements, fees, coupons and client billing) on the STS
- Actively took initiative in conducting and executing the knowledge and requirements sessions with the Customer Service Representatives
- Effectively communicated and interacted with the CSR’s, project managers, external Risk system representatives, Developers in defining and understanding the high level requirements for all statement and screen enhancements
- Diligently transformed the requirements by defining the data flow diagrams and screen mock-ups into BRD in the PEGA Application Profiler during the DCO process
- Extensively worked on sample data extract in the FSD to drive the desired outcome as the foundation for data extraction and transformation.
- Developed Test Cases, test scripts, Test Plans and effectively performed, System Integration testing (Functional Testing - Integration, Regression, Ad-hoc testing) for application developed in PEGA Rules Process Commander V 5.5.
- Used PEGA PMF for Defect tracking, bug repository and to follow defect life cycle until bug is resolved.
- Used Quality Center to map the Requirements with Test Cases
- Executed test cases manually from Quality Center as part of the functional testing of the application
- Analyzed backend data, validated and verified Statement reports using SQL queries as part of back-end testing
- Proficiently organized and coordinated the UAT and PTO (Permit to Operate) sessions with the CSR’s and also participated in Post implementation verification phase
Environment: PEGA PRPC 5.4, PEGA PMF PEGA AP, Quality Center, SQL Developer, J2EE (Java, JSP, Servlets), Java Script, XML and Windows 2000/XP.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Executing test cases for new functionality based on the requirements
- Testing new functionalities based on test cases and coordinating with development team to fix any issues
- Performed Integration, System, Functional, GUI and Regression testing
- Used Quality Center as a repository for all of the testing efforts
- Performed White box testing for analyzing data flow and control flow
- Performed data integrity testing using SQL Queries (in TOAD) on reporting functionality and data moved from old system (Oracle 9i) to new system (Oracle 10g)
- Performed Data Validation testing to ensure that correct data is entered in the database
- Responsible for verification of stored procedures and SQL scripts to ensure performance and quality of deliverables
- Interacted extensively with developers for optimizing PL/SQL code
- Execute UNIX shell scripts to run batch jobs
- Performed uploading and downloading of flat files on Unix Servers using FTP
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center
- Tested critical bug fixes and coordinated with developers in getting bug fixes resolved in tight timelines
Environment: Quality Center, Oracle9i/10g, Sybase, Java, J2EE, TOAD, XML, JSP, Loadrunner8.0, UNIX, SharePoint
- Analyzed the specifications document to better understand the application
- Documented Test Plans and Test Cases as per business rules
- Used Quality Center as a repository for all of the testing efforts
- Prepared and executed Test Cases from Quality Center
- Created Traceability between Requirements and Test Cases
- Performed extensive manual testing
- Performed Integration, System, Functional, GUI, Regression and Data Integrity testing.
- Involved in Performance testing using LoadRunner and User-Acceptance (UAT)
- Conducted data integrity testing using SQL Queries (on SQL Navigator) on reporting functionality
- Worked with Unix Shell Scripts for loading test data
- Tracked the defects using Quality Center and generated defect summary reports
- Involved in formal bug review meetings and produced daily progress report to Test Lead
- Reviewed and sign-off on test cases and results of owned functionality
- Participated in review meetings with the development and testing teams to ensure the functionality of the application meets the expected results and is in-sync with the requirements
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Oracle9i/10g, HTML, XML, LoadRunner, Quality Center, SQL Navigator, UNIX.