A results-driven SAP Certified FICO Professional with 6 years of industry experience with international exposure. Flexible, dynamic & adaptive personality to match with the expectations of the industry.
About 6 years of international work experience spanning across multiple geographies
5 years of SAP work experience & 1 year in Banking domain.
Certified SAP FICO consultant (certification score – 84 %)
Handled 2 end to end implementation and many support & rollout projects – SAP FICO
Proficiency in AP, AR, NewGL, Bank, Asset, Taxes, Integration aspects, RICEFW objects & Product Costing, Profitability Analysis
Good exposure on different business scenarios Domestic Sales, Export, Import, STO, Consignment, Goods/services, Third party processes, Trading, Goods Movement
Project Experience in upgrades, enhancements, full cycle implementations and support assignments.
MBA (Finance + Systems) - 8.79/10 CGPA (ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad)
BE (Computer Engineering) - First Class (Nirma Institute of Technology, Gujarat)
Permanent Resident of USA
SAP Work Experience
Position: Senior SAP FICO Consultant/Senior Business Analyst
- Involved in mapping of EBS Posting Rules & Lockbox functionality for new house bank for US company code.
- Development of Interface between SAP and Reconciliation Tool.
- Configured Automatic Payment Program to handle Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Replacement of Reconciliation from third party software to SAP for EMEIA region
- Application of OSS note for FX differences for indirect POs.
- Portal Development for workflow – ticket management from end users to production support team for EBS
- Generated Test scenarios and tested scripts for bank statement and post processing for bank statement.
- Developed customized account clearing utility for clearing to different account using user-defined criteria.
- Worked on Incoming Vendor Invoice EDI for Vendor Invoice Management, resolved issues with account determination, idoc testing.
- Helped the business walk through the process of enabling Open Item management for clearing GLs.
- Involved in end-to-end implementation for partial shipment feature for EMEIA region.
- Involved in testing of pricing & tax conditions (Vertex)
Position: SAP Implementation Consultant – FICO/Senior Business Analyst
- Involved in the Business process re-engineering and integration by configuring GL, AR, AP, Fixed Assets modules and Production issues.
- Creation of New G/L Accounts, Chart of Accounts, FSG and Posting Period, etc
- Configuration of Cost & Sales Accounting, Parallel Valuation Methods, G/L Account Master Records, Account Balances, Posting Business Transactions in General Ledger and Line Items
- Assigning of New G/L Accounts to Financial Statement Versions
- Configuration of Clearing and Reversal Accounts, Manual Accruals, Internal Correspondence, Balance Interest Calculation and Information System
- Report Development and Reports configuration in Day-End Closing, Month-End Closing, Notes on Programs, Starting Programs and Printing Lists
- Creation of Analysis Design Document.
- Developed workflow setup for Idoc fallout and also handled Substitutions and validations required for customizations wherever necessary.
- Worked on functional design workflow, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements
- House bank, Lockbox Configuration, Lockbox Processing, Defining Lockbox Accounts at House Banks, Defining Lockbox Parameters, Testing The Lockbox Functionality, Electronic Bank Statement.
- Designed seamless end to end flow of interfaces required for the new processes
- Configured End to End AP module including the Vendor Groups / Number Ranges, Automatic Payment Program, Configured Special Ledger Withholding Taxes, Check Settings Configured AP integrations to MM for various material movements (Automatic Account Assignments), Worked on LIV (Logistics Invoice verification) , linking of Vendor documents with EDI
- FI-AR Accounts Receivable: Configured payment terms, default assignments for over- and under payments and cash discounts; tolerances, credit management, customer groups and master records.
- FI-AP Accounts Payable: house banks and accounts, company and paying company code data, country and company code payment methods, bank selection, vendor groups and master records. Invoice, linking of Customer documents with EDI
- Fixed assets: Asset acquisition, use LSMW to upload fixed assets, Configured Asset Financial statement Version, Configure organizational structure for fixed assets.
- Responsible asset master data conversion for migration of assets from legacy systems, assets balance conversion. Copying reference Chart of Depreciation, made required settings for account determination, asset classes, screen layout rules, defining number ranges, valuation of assets in different depreciation areas, external asset acquisition, in-house asset acquisition, cross company code transfers, settings for depreciation runs, Asset Explorer, Settings for automatic account assignment (FI-AA Integration).
- Integrated FI with MM, SD for Automatic Account determination
- Configuring for open item processing, Preparing the functional specifications and testing of the report, Invoice verifications through MIRO, Open item clearing and Down payment FIFO Stock Valuation for USA, Inter company code configuration.
- Involved in the whole project life cycle from Business blueprint preparation to Golive and post go live support using ASAP Implementation Approach. ECC 6.0 EHP 5
- Discussion with process owners for blueprint design and gaps. Training, Integration Testing.
- Implementation of New GL, Document Splitting, Chart of Accounts, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Excise Duty, Service Tax, VAT.
- Mapping Scenarios for Import Purchase, Domestic Purchase, Stock Transfer, Domestic & Export Sale, Cash transactions, Payment Terms, Discounts, Pricing, Inventory Valuation FIFO, Letter of Credit Management.
- Gap analysis and customization for client requirements. Preparation of Functional & Technical Specifications for ABAP developments. Worked both with onsite and offsite development approach.
- Worked o intercompany billing between Nakoda, India and IKPL, South Korea.
- Costing Sheet, Product Costing, Cost center distribution, assessment, allocation. Profit center accounting, Identification of characteristic and value fields.
- Handled Go-live data upload for master data, open items and managed go live as per cut off strategy. Prepared strategy document.
Confidential, South Korea
- Analysis of requirements specific to Korea e.g. VAT, Tax Invoice generation, Tax submission to Tax authorities, Onsite discussion with end users from Korea to identify the Gaps.
- Handled End to end implementation from requirement analysis to realization and go live (onsite).
- Involved in mapping of EDI – involvement from FI for 820 – EFT customer payment
- Development of Cost of Goods Manufactured Sheet, P&L and BS on actual basis.
- New company code creation with CIN configuration
- Settlement of CWIP to Asset via Procurement.
- Asst Accounting, Integration FI-MM, User Training for FICO functionality, Migration to New GL with document splitting.
- Functional Specification and managed the development of customer ageing report with FIFO clearing option
- Customized requirement of performing three way invoice verification – Functional Specification
- Various Support Issues Regarding Product costing, Standard Cost Estimate
Support Projects – Reliance Capital Limited, Greave Cotton Ltd, Bhilosa Industries Ltd.
Position: Functional Consultant†
- Global account management of clients of eRI, Ownership in onsite and offsite issues
- Working with the GL business group to map the old system’s chart of accounts to the new SAP system layout.
- Maintaining several company codes in different currency and geography.
- Creating accounts at the chart level and company code level.
- Maintaining FICO master data configuration – accounts, company codes, house banks, profit centers, cost centers, etc.
- Writing functional specs for custom interfaces.
- Performing Quality Assurance functions in the FI & CO modules, including planning, writing and performing test scripts, documenting and communicating errors and proposing solutions to correct errors.
- Loading all chart-of-accounts mapping updates in to SAP.
- Participation in presales activity, significant contribution in RFP response, product walk through, presentations for clients and potential channel partners.
- Given training and handled knowledge transfer session to team members and end users for clients.
Confidential , Singapore†
Position: Business Analyst (Support – SAP)
- Member of Support Team for SAP FICO module for various domestic clients in ASPAC region.
- Change Request Management related to following areas - Global Settings: Configuration of organizational structures, chart of accounts, G/ L master data, Field status groups- Fiscal year Variants, posting periods, document number Ranges. Setting up of document types and posting keys for business transactions, Foreign Exchange Management.
- Handled Tickets for General Ledger: Grouping G/ L accounts into various account groups, Creation of reconciliation accounts for accounts receivables and accounts payables, cross company transaction.
- Prepared test cases for areas such as Fiscal year variant, Chart of Accounts, Field status groups, Master Data, Transaction, Document types, Posting key, House banks, Reconciliation Accounts, Special GL Transactions, Automatic payments & Automatic dunning, Correspondence, Cash Journal, Offsetting Accounts, Interest Calculation, Tax procedure, Cross company code transactions, Drill down reporting, Clearing, Document Parking
SAP Competency (SAP Certification Score– 84 %)
- SAP FI – Organization structure of company within SAP, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Asset Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, New General Ledger, Automatic Process Handling, Cash Management, Balance sheet & P&L statement.
- Controlling – Cost Element, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center accounting, Product costing internal order configuration.
- Task related skills - Project planning, implementation, post implementation support, conducting user training, project documentation, and strong skills in analyzing business processes.
- Performed integrated case studies – end to end.
- Worked on concepts IDOC, ALE, EDI, BAPI, BDC, LSMW, ABAP debugging, SAP tables.
- Acquired knowledge of overall architecture and Integration of FICO with other modules in SAP
- Sound knowledge in Balance confirmation, foreign currency valuation, value adjustments, re-grouping, P & L statement using cost of sales accounting, Accrual/Deferral postings, post accruals with accrual documents and recurring entry documents, basic settings for manual accruals.
- Asset Accounting Concepts in SAP – Asset Class, Transactions, Depreciation, Validation/Substitution/Rules.
- New GL – Document Splitting, Segment Reporting, Parallel Accounting.
- Applications & Tools: SAP ECC 6.0 (Finance & Controlling), Solution Manager, AS/400, MS Office Tools, SpiraTest, MS Project, Visio
- Languages : PL/SQL, C++, COBOL, Basic ABAP
- MySAP Solution Academy - Certification - Lithan Genovate, Singapore – 84 %
- M.B.A. (Finance + Systems) from ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad, India CGPA 8.7/10
- B.E.(Computer Engineering) from Nirma Institute of Technology, Gujarat University
- Winner at International white paper presentation on ERP market analysis at IIM Calcutta.
- National Stock Exchange Certifications: Capital Market, Derivatives, Mutual Funds Advisory, Commodities Markets.
- I-flex finance Professional certification from Oracle Financial Services Ltd.
- I-flex investment banking foundation program from Oracle Financial Services Ltd.
- Research reports for business analysis, part time work at Cygnus Business Consulting & Research, Hyderabad
- Internship at Applitech Solutions Private Ltd. (CMM level 3 Company), E-governance project for state government of Gujarat.
- Winner at white paper presentation at IIM Calcutta.
- Elementary French language certification from Alliance Francaise.