- An accomplished, versatile, highly organized self - starter and a distinguished team player with 7+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst and hands on experience in Project Management of leading global teams in delivering complex, mission critical initiatives in Finance and banking industries.
- Well versed in working with senior management to create the scope and the project plan documents and In-depth knowledge on different phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Hand on experience in interacting with stakeholders for gathering requirements, resolving issues and gaining artifact approvals.
- Have always been a liaison and a point of communication between the business and the technical team to create efficient cross-functional processes by eliminating non-value added activities.
- Have facilitated and participated in various requirements elicitation sessions like JAD, Brainstorming, User interviews and surveys to gather and document the business needs in the slots of Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Specification Document (FSD), Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) and Data mapping document
- Transitioning the organization of 100+ individuals from Waterfall to Agile and DevOps methodology
- Well versed in analyzing the requirements, writing the user stories to provide the use case and the business logic for the same.
- Have extensively used various tools like Visio and Balsamiq to create the wireframes and embedded in the documents for approval.
- Well versed in Service Management, ITIL, SharePoint, Confluence and JIRA for managing and sharing the contents of the project.
- Well versed in identifying the gaps between the AS-IS and the TO-BE scenarios so as to analyze the variance between the system capabilities and business requirements and documented the GAP ANALYSIS
- Proficient in assisting the testing team in writing and reviewing the test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Functionality Testing and System Integration Testing.
- Hands on Experience in creating the data models and Source to Target Mapping document and pass it on to the ETL team and assisted them in Data extraction and Data management
- Proficient in creating the change requests and making impact analysis for getting approval for the change requests from the Change Control Board
- Skilled as Scrum Master in facilitating and participating in the scrum ceremonies daily scrum, Sprit planning, Sprint retrospective, backlog refinement and review meetings to progress the scrum process and improve team’s performance.
- Have extensively used various techniques like Planning poker, T-shirt sizing, Moscow Analysis and Kano Analysis to estimate the story points and prioritize the product backlog.
- Experienced in SAFe Agile, Scrum of scrums and cross sprints.
- Experience in creating BPMN workflows, Use Case diagrams and Entity- Relationship Diagrams
- Have extensively used SOAP UI to test the web services to analyze and resolve production issues.
- Creative thinker and analytical problem-solver with demonstrated ability to identify problems and opportunities and provide solutions by efficiently interacting with clients and stakeholders.
- Highly collaborative team player with extensive customer relationship and leadership skills.
- Focused team player with excellent facilitation and mentoring skills and ability to prioritize tasks according to business needs by efficiently leading the team in both Onsite and Offshore driven projects in a fast paced, time sensitive environments.
- Extensive knowledge in Health Management, Qualified Health Plans (QHP), Care Management, Utilization Management, Health Insurance Exchange Marketplace (HIX), Affordable Care Act (ACA)and Healthcare Electronic Data Interchange (EDI ANSI X12 Transactions).
Project Management Tools/Methodology: MS-Project, MS SharePoint, JIRA, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum, Waterfall, Devops, Change Management, IT Governance and Compliance, Version One, Confluence
Requirement and Test Management Tools: MS Office, JIRA, HP ALM 11.5, SOAP UI, SPLUNK
Reporting and BI Tools: SSRS, Qlik Sense, Qlik View, MSBI, Tableau
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, Mongo DB
Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio
Analytics Tools: MS Excel, MS Access, Pivot Tables, V-Look Ups
Languages: HTML, XML, SQL, Unix
CRM: Pega PRPC 7.2
Sr. Business Systems Analyst Scrum Master
- Conducting and facilitated JAD sessions, user interviews and surveys to gather requirements and created the BRD, FSD and the use case documents.
- Analyzed the requirements and wrote the user stories.
- Involved in DCO Requirement gathering, Writing User Stories, Use Cases, Impact analysis, Design, Data mapping, Data Migration and Activity Diagrams.
- Helped client run and engage in effective DCO (direct capture of objectives) sessions and achieve targeted maturity level for running Pega projects.
- Created Use Cases and developed Business Rules document, Service Level Agreement documents for Pega PRPC.
- Assist PO and team to create, maintain, and organize backlog of features, epics, stories, and tasks in JIRA.
- Review and provide feedback on drafted user stories and epics to ensure alignment with general Agile user story standards.
- Facilitated both technical and functional DCO sessions.
- Conduct DCO sessions (Direct Capture of Objectives) to drive out project requirement in details and also enable the team to come up with better estimates and delivery timelines.
- Developed all the business rules for the Pega implementation.
- Conducted GAP analysis by understanding the AS-IS system and the TO-BE system requirements by having discussions with BCM’s and Directors.
- Served as liaison between the technical team, architect and non-technical stakeholders, earning their confidence with reliable follow-through.
- Involved in creating wireframes for UI
- Reviewed the impact of the existing system for the changes in the wireframes.
- Analyze and reviewed the service calls sequence for the proposed UI changes .
- Created Mapping documents for the service calls.
- Data mapping document and verifying Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Experienced with extensive client interactions and converting business functionalities to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) models across IT environment. Also worked in Three-tier architecture API’s/Web Services (SOAP, WSDL), Client-side and Server-side validations.
- Workedwithvendors andpartnersystemstoensuretheir processesarealigned
- Worked with a Product Owner to make decisions on refining and grooming the product backlog
- Have worked with various teams in the place of Product owner to coordinate the integration activities.
- Coordinated with QA and development team in reviewing the test cases scenarios and lead a defect triage call on a daily basis to provide clarifications regarding the defects identified.
- Facilitated the scrum events and managed Agile Lifecycle in JIRA from planning to sprint deployment. Tracked and communicated team velocity and sprint/release progress. Assisted in managing the Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Sprint Burn down and Release burn down charts.
- Reviewed and assisted the team in functional testing of the application prior to demo in the sprint review meeting.
- Removed internal and external impediments that hinder team’s productivity. Worked with the team in the grooming and prioritization of product backlog using technique such as planning poker.
- Developed test scenarios/scripts, test plans, prepared user acceptance test cases (UAT), UAT issue log for tracking the defects in JIRA and collaborated with system users to conduct UAT.
- Preparing End of schedule report and carrying out minutes of meeting with the team.
- Handled the portfolios across the enterprise to coordinate the integration activities
Environment: Hybrid Waterfall-Agile Methodology, Pega PRPC 7.2, Pega DCO,JAVA, Hibernate, Spring UI/UX Designing, SOAP UI, Splunk, EDI, Confluence, JIRA 6.3.3, MS-Visio, MS SharePoint, MS Office, HP ALM, SQL Server Management Studio, Balsamiq .Confidential, Detroit, Michigan
Sr. Business System Analyst Scrum Master
- Worked on HIPAA 4010 & 5010 ANSI X12, EDI series (Insurance/Health Series) (INS) such as 270/271, 276/277, 278, 834, 835, 837.
- Maintained the insurance record of customers through EDI (ANSI ASC X12 standards) for better privacy and security, compliant with HIPPA regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating test data preparation, validating data and ensuring testing cycle is completed with necessary test scenarios reviewed.
- Identified and documented issues, risk and gaps, their descriptions, their impact and provided recommendation and alternatives to develop the application to meet the user requirements.
- Interacting with the developers on resolving the reported bugs and various technical issues
- Involved in UAT to confirm that the system under test meets the user needs and provides confidence in its use.
- UML diagrams such as activity and use case diagram were used to document the requirements and ensure creation of high level business requirements documentation.
- Worked cross functionally with developers, QA and project managers to make sure each the data could address their needs.
- Met with the Provider Communities and Trading Partners to ensure that HIPAA transactions pass the EDI gateway and interpret technical difficulties into simple language.
- Responsible for designing, developing test plans use cases and executing test scripts.
- Involved in testing HIPAA EDI Transactions and mainly focused on PA and Eligibility Transactions.
- Transactions focused on were 270,271,276,278,834, 835, and 837.
- Worked Extensively with Inbound 837 I and 837 P, 835s (Out bounds) claims processing systems.
- Extensively tested Security on Web logic Servers and I-Frame portlets for Web Applications used Internal and External at THP.
- Used TIBCO/BC tool to verify mapping to X12 format.
- Worked extensively with Quality Center for requirements, Preparing Test cases, Executing, Bug reporting.
- Involved in loading the flat files into Oracle Database and involved in writing Complex SQL Queries.
- Involved in generating Reports using Oracle Report Builder and testing the reports using Oracle Run Time.
- Involved in writing Complex SQL Queries using TOAD to validate the loads for Caremark and DEA.
Environment: Agile-scrum, MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Visio, Lotus Notes, SPSS Analysis, EDI X12N 4010, Sybase Paper Free HIPAA Toolkit, DB2, LDAP, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Visual Basic, ASP, XML, SQL, UNIX, Oracle Run Time, Windows95/98/NT/2000/XP and Internet Explorer.Confidential, NYC, New York
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Facilitated and participated in various elicitation sessions like JAD, Brainstorming and surveys to gather requirements and document them in Functional Specification Document (FSD), BRD, Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Use Case Specifications, Data mapping document and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Have written the user stories and analyzed the requirements to prepare Use case document and have passed it on to the development team with the business logic for all the scenarios.
- Worked with project manager to create the work breakdown structure and schedules.
- Worked with the product owner to prioritize the product backlog.
- Conducted GAP analysis by understanding the AS-IS system and the TO-BE system requirements.
- Created wireframes using Microsoft Visio and got approval from business stakeholders.
- Worked reviewing KYC files for onboarding, re-certifications and due diligence requests.
- Worked on importing, transforming, validating the data for decision making purpose.
- Worked on monitoring and analyzing exception reports for suspicious activity.
- Worked with SAR filings according to the build in rules.
- Worked investigating the internal suspicious activity and escalating it based on the reports received and filing SAR if reported suspicious.
Environment: Hybrid Waterfall-Agile Methodology, Pega PRPC 7.2, Pega DCO, .Net, Team Foundation Server(TFS), UI/UX Designing, SOAP UI, Splunk, EDI, Confluence, JIRA 6.3.3, MS-Visio, MS SharePoint, MS Office, HP ALM, SQL Server Management Studio.Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. Business Analyst
- Monitored and Maintained project progress and status through MS Project.
- Used HIPAA 4010 transactions to support the analysis of current business processes and work with management to improve and implement enterprise solutions to ensure compliance and got involved in designing future state processes for HIPAA 5010 transaction processing EDI's 837,835, 270, and 271.
- Analyzed HIPAA 5010 related to 837,835, 270, and 271. Transactions and performed gap analysis between the 4010 and 5010.
- Extracted and documented the business requirements from the stakeholders.
- Analyzed business requirements, tested high level and low level Use Cases and Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams using Rational Rose, thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Conducted the FRS and URS reviews and walkthroughs with designers, developers and stakeholders. Also conducted feasibility and adaptability study.
- Developed the business anomalies workarounds and described them in documentation and presented the matter to the upper management for review.
- Developed non-functional requirements and documented them as Business Rules, Quality attributes and constraint documents.
- Involved in Facets Configuration to make sure all information will be sent without any error.
- Effective communication made possible between the developers and the end-clients to guarantee that development efforts were within the scope of the project and the development was as expected.
- Attended Facet's training and discussion session.
- As Part of data migration I have to create an intermediate database and check for data integrity.
- Held regular JAD meetings with the system architects, developers, database developers, quality testers during the entire project to assure that the critical as well as the minute details of the project were discussed and issues were resolved beforehand.
- Facilitated smooth transition of the project from the project environment to the live environment.
- Worked with QA lead in validating Test Plan and Test Scenarios.
- Executed test scripts in different cycles to get the perfection and logged defects in defect tab of Quality center.
- Used HP Quality Centre for tracking Defects and tracing requirement functionality performances.
- Executed test cases manually. Compared and analyzed actual with expected results and reported all deviations to the appropriate individual(s) for resolution.
- Involved in automation testing using QTP.
- Involved in performance testing using Load runner.
- Assisted Business User during deployment in formulating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for customized application and getting confirmation for product Release.
Environment: Agile-Waterfall, MS Project, Version One, SOAP UI, SQL, FACETS, UML, Microsoft Visio, HP Quality center, MS Office, XML, SQL Server Management Studio.Confidential
- Identified and analyzed business needs using techniques such as JAD, Document Analysis, Interface Analysis, Requirements Workshops and Interviews with SMEs and stakeholders.
- Prepared Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) and Functional Specification Document (FSD) and Use cases
- Performed document analysis to derive business rules from legacy system and validated them with stakeholders for consistency and completeness.
- Used various modeling techniques like data modeling, data flow diagrams, and UML diagrams for designing and developing the application.
- Conducted GAP Analysis to understand limitations of the existing system and contributed to design of future system; assisted in modeling the AS-IS and TO-BE business workflow.
- Worked with business and technical SME’s to develop thorough understanding of Applications, Systems, relational database, Business Methods and Strategies.
- Written Stored Procedures and constructed complex queries to retrieve the data for data manipulation and integration processes.
- Developed complex queries and stored procedures in support of the ETL processes, front end applications and reports.
- Have extensively used pivot tables, vlook and hlook up tables for data analysis
- Performed Change Management by handling change requests and performing change impact analysis on business and technical side, and getting the approval from the Change Control Board (CCB), to make the appropriate changes.
- Created project plans, work breakdown structures (WBS) and identified & managed risks using MS Project.
- Designed Test Plans and Test Cases for User Acceptance testing (UAT), Regression and White box testing with the help of QA teams.
Environment: Waterfall Methodology, HP Quality Center (QC), Informatica, SharePoint, Java/J2EE, JSP, SharePoint, Web Services, MySQL, UNIX, WebLogic Application Server, Spring, Hibernate.Confidential
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Conducted JAD sessions and user interviews to gather requirements and documented them in Business Requirements document, software requirement specification and use cases.
- Have analyzed the Business requirements to provide a detailed level required specification.
- Created and maintained the requirement traceability matrix(RTM)
- Have written test cases and have involved in unit testing, system integration testing and functionality testing.
- Participated in the creation of the data model and the source to target mapping document.
- Created and updated business modeling deliverables including business Process Models, Activity Diagrams, Flow Charts, Service Level Agreements and use cases to document to-business model.
- Created Detailed Requirement Document (DRD) to document detailed use case scenarios/specifications, business process workflow, Functional and Non-Functional requirements, activity diagrams etc.
- For each business Requirement analyzed existing database schema and REST APIs and recommended changes to Solution Architect, created/modified XML Schema Documents (XSD's) for XML request/response, performed Data Mapping of Guidewire with the Business Rules Engine, prepared Decision Tables based on business Rules.
- Generated scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Create Use Case Diagrams, Functional flow Diagrams.
Environment: Hybrid Waterfall-Agile Methodology, .NET, TFS, SQL Server Management studio, Pega PRPC 7.1.8,UI/UX Designing, XML, SOAP UI, Version One, MS-Visio, SharePoint 2010, MS Office.