- Seasoned, customer focused, detail oriented Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) with over 9 years of experience in the IT Industry as a Senior Business Analyst in multiple industries that include Finance, Regulatory Reporting, Accounting, Insurance,P&C Insurance, General Insurance, healthcare, airlines, mortgage, government, banking, manufacturing, Education(K - 12 ) telecommunications industries and enterprise social networking services.
- Detailed knowledge of Equity market (Common and Preferred stocks), Fixed Income securities like Corporate Bonds, Municipal Bonds, Convertible Bonds, Junk Bonds, Treasury Bonds, Treasury Notes, and Treasury Bills. In depth knowledge of Trading Derivatives which includes Options, Contracts (Future and Forwards) and Swaps (Interest Rate Swaps, Currency Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Credit Default Swaps) in Capital Market.
- Strong analytical skill in analyzing Financial Risk such as Interest Rate Risk, Default Risk, Credit Risk, Inflation Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risk, Systematic Risk, and Volatility Risk associated with investing in securities. Detailed knowledge in Risk Management using metrics such as Greeks, VaR, Duration and Convexity
- Strong background in CCAR Regulatory Reporting especially in FRY 9C, FRY 14M/Q/A, FFIEC 041, FFIEC 031 reports and the related schedules.
- Working knowledge of Case Management Applications (e.g Actimize ) and Strong product knowledge on financial instruments and payment /Treasury products Understanding of AML , KYC process, and Trade Life Cycle Working knowledge of AML /Financial Data (e.g. Wires, checks, ACH, Accounts) .
- Deep knowledge of loan origination systems (processes, vendors, etc.)
- As an Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Analyst shall providing support for revising internal security policies and standards, participating in risk assessments and audits with stakeholders
- Strong Experience in GRC Tools, GRC Consulting Risk Compliance Assurance Technology, GRC Technology, GRC Process .
- Experienced in techniques such as SPRINT planning, Product Backlog management, Agile estimation, daily SCRUM, metrics such as Burn-down & Velocity charts, Sprint summary report, Sprint review/retro meetings etc.
- Proficient in Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modelling (BPM), Process Redesign, Business Process Reengineering, Business Change Management, Automatic and manual testing, etc
- Experience in IFRS, GAAP, FRY-9C, FFIEC 002, FRY-14Q, FRY 14A, FRY14Y, FFIEC, RWA, Risk Analysis
- Familiar with Data Quality, Metadata Management, and Master Data Management concepts and practices.
- Experience working with Microsoft's SQL Server (T-SQL), SSIS, SSRS, MS-Access, Excel and VBA in database and applications development and report design
- Hands on experience in debugging general database SQL code, dynamic SQL, stored-procedures, user-defined functions, SharePoint application and InfoPath forms
- Solid experience in analysis, design and development of business intelligence(BI) and Data Warehouse solutions for different clients.Expert in Dimensional modelling and ETL development.
- Strong Knowledge of BPM and BPMN and Creating dishoarding and data visualization skills using Excel, Tableau, or similar tools
- Deep knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Anti-Money Laundering (AML); Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Laws
- In depth knowledge of Dodd Frank, Basel I/II regulations for transparency of transactions and stockholders’ interests.
- Experience and knowledge of Axiom product.
- Strong skills with SQL and MS BI suite - SSAS/SSIS/SSRS. Highly proficiency with data visualization (SSRS, Power BI and R). Highly experience with a BI reporting tool and a keen visual eye for data.
- Strong Knowledge in integrating Aha and JIRA (two-way)
- Proficient in MS Suite, in particular Excel, SharePoint, Visio and PowerPoint, Provision, DOORS, HP Quality Center, etc.)
- Vast experience in performing SDLC tasks - Requirement gathering, Analysis and Feasibility, Creating Business Requirement Document (BRD), Transforming BRD to Functional Specification Documents (FSD), High Level and Low Level Design documents etc.
- Conducted GAP analysis in order to capture functionalities of existing systems and analysis requirements of the proposed system followed various SDLC methodologies which include AGILE Scrum, AGILE Extreme Programming, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Iterative, and Incremental and Waterfall models to execute the proposed requirements.
- Experienced in working with Testing team, participated in writing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Scenarios, RTM, Test Reports, and conducting various forms of testing, which include Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing.
Modeling Tools: Rational RequisitePro, HPALM, UML, MS Visio, BPMN, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case
Methodologies / Frameworks: Agile, Waterfall
Database: MS SQL Server, Oracle, MYSQL.
BI Reporting Tools: Tableau, OBIEE, Micro strategy, SAP Crystal Reports, Cognos,Tableau
ETL Tools: IBM Data stage, Informatica Power Center, SSIS
QA Testing Tools: HP QC, Load Runner, MS Test Manager 2013, Selenium
Documentation Tools: MS Office Suite, MS SharePoint 10
Data Warehousing: Data Marts, OLTP, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP, Oracle, Query/Reporting, Multidimensional Analysis
Project Management Tools: MS Project professional, MS Project Server, JIRA, RALLY
Confidential, Alpharetta, Georgia
Lead Business Analyst
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Elicitation and confirmation of functional and non-functional requirement
- Interacting with Business Users for requirement gathering, analyze the business needs and prioritize the requirements
- Conduct monthly meeting to specific line of business to report testing results, trends of errors, KYC/AML update, and additional training. performing Due diligence and Know Your Customer (KYC) research for clients, as part of the business-wide Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance remediation process.
- Leading implementation of Trade Compliance database during warehouse consolidation and Communicating daily with other company departments on Trade Compliance needs
- Hosting Trade Compliance seminars for local businesses working on Visual Studio Team Services and Team Foundation Server (TFS) both provide an integrated, collaborative environment
- Performed Data Profiling using SQL based on the requirements to make sure that requirements are feasible in doing.
- Gathered requirements and Translated them into the form of User Stories using Rally, JIRA tool and Performed Product Backlog Grooming to maintain prioritization
- Tracked Project Delivery to Product Vision Statement and accepted User Stories that met the criteria as defined therein
- Implemented SSL and certificates in SharePoint 2013.
- Helped the entire SharePoint 2013 Migration Project Plan, coordinated with various Business teams, System Analysts & various department heads for a smooth migration
- Prepared and analyzed AS IS and TO BE in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis
- rg a nize d d a i l y s t a n d - u p m eetin g s t o co ve r p r o g r es s a n d blockin g issue s
- Responsible for the Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) Architecture & Standards implementation
- Convert technical data to XML using the S1000D standard validate XML code and schema against Standards and produced the first successful compliant technical manuals that retained all original content
- Used Informatica as ETL tool, and stored procedures to pull data from source systems/ files, cleanse, transform and load data into databases.
- Administered a couple of Cloud instances of Jira and Confluence with a major focus on project and workflow management
- Evaluated existing JIRA instance and resolved performance issues.
- Worked on Jira Agile boards and configured swim lanes
- Preparation of System Requirement Inventory (SRI) & Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) documents.
- Development of complex ETL processes including Warehouses and Data Marts for Mortgage, Loans Origination and Deposits platforms
- Tested ETL processes using detailed unit test plan and corrected accordingly.
- Understand and facilitate new rules from regulations associated with Trade surveillance reviews.
- Crafted policies and procedures for surveillance of all futures Trading.
- Utilized Business Process Model Notation (BPMN) mapping process in creating over process flow documentations
- Validated and analyzed stories against BPMN documentations using scenario based methodology
- Developed wireframes and worked with primary stakeholders to come with BPMN diagrams using Visio
- Created Prototypes, Mock ups and present to the business team and create interactive mock-ups/wireframes
- Business Analyst captured Business Requirements, Created User Stories in JIRA with detailed Task and Subtasks, Application and Team assignment definition
- F a cilit a te d d ai l y w o r k i n g s e ss i o n s wit h sc r u m te a m t o ensu r e te a m i s ma kin g p r o g r es s a n d a n y issue s a r e h a ndle d withou t a n y del a y
- Migrate Tables from SQL to Hadoop
- Convert queries from SQL to HQL and Hive Maintain adherence to regulatory requirements and industry standards for AML to limit client's exposure to penalty or risk associated with illegal or fraudulent activity, Prepared comprehensive reports of AML investigation.
- Pr o vide d d i s c u ssi o n f o r u m, t i m e l y d e c i s i o n ma k i n g, a n d c o n f l i ct r e s o l u t i o n t o scru m te am . Dail y clos e i n t e r ac t i o n wit h P r o d u c t o wn e r, c l i e n t, t e a m a n d s t a k e h ol d e r s
- Conducted various elicitation techniques using interview, market research, and brainstorming sessions
- Implemented Scaled Agile principles (SAFe) for integration projects with dependencies
- Business Requirements Gathering to identify Functional versus Non-Functional Business Requirements
- Successfully used Agile/Scrum Methodology for gathering requirements and facilitating User Story refinement meetings with Product Owners and Agile Team Members
- Identifying and documenting use cases (scenarios) representing users' workflows and tasks
- Aiding our Product Owner in collecting and documenting User Stories & Acceptance Criteria
- Performed gap analysis on business processes and system requirements
- Complete due diligence reviews for customers while adhering to “Know Your Customer” (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Standards
- Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes.
- Jira/ Jama tools usage and administration
- Up-gradation, Migration and Fine tuning of Jira/Confluence instance
- Take the overall responsibility for the JIRA configuration and be the go-to person for any JIRA issues, enhancements or best practice question
- Writing test cases and tracking defects using HP ALM Quality Center.
- Effectively design and implement Test plans, Test scripts and supporting tools
- Build all manual and automated Test environment from the scratch
- Assistance with the conduct of iterative Functional, System and User Acceptance Testing; and Providing status reports to the project manager
Agile Project Management/Tools: Rally, VersionOne, Jira, HP Agile Manager, MS Project
Confidential, Glen Allen, Virginia
Agile Business systems Analyst/Data Analyst (Speciality Insurance)
- Driving requirements' elicitation & brainstorming sessions with business (Underwriting, Operations and Actuary teams) & IT functions and third-party vendors for new system/ product implementations, strategic business initiatives & regulatory compliance requirements.
- Proficient in documenting Business Process Design, creating Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use case Specifications, Functional Specification Document (FSD), Detailed Design Specifications (DDS), User Interface Specifications (UIS), Traceability Matrices for Baseline documents and other related artifacts
- Serve as a point of reference for other Rating Analysts Specialty Market related questions
- Accounting and analysis of assumed treaty and facultative reinsurance, contract
- Administration of both ceded and assumed Reinsurance treaties, including contract administration, premium, claims, and commission calculation
- Working on design and negotiate suitable reinsurance structure, in consultation with the top management closing the tickets which are under JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong Exposure on JIRA and Confluence.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data analysis systems. worked in all aspects of agency, managing employees, vendor relationships, customer service modules
- Used Share point 2013 for creating the application to share information, manage documents and publish reports from start to end.
- Performed analysis on trouble tickets in support of service level objectives.
- Performed problem management/root cause analysis, created, negotiated and enforced Service Level Agreements (SLA), Operational Level Agreements (OLA), and Underpinning Contracts (UC).
- Utilizing a variety of ticketing tools such as Service Now, Remedy and CA Service Desk, I have handled incidents, requests and problems ensuring timely resolutions in accordance with established SLA/OLA's.
- Worked extensively in the ServiceNow management tool to implement service level management capabilities to document and track service level commitments.
- Request and process insurance premium invoices in servicing system
- Preparing detailed functional specifications, business requirements artifacts (BRDs, user stories, process maps, data dictionaries, UI mock-ups/ wireframes, traceability matrices) using elicitation techniques like storyboarding, workshops, gap analysis, visual modelling etc.
- Analyzed and fixed production tickets using .net framework
- Configure and implement CRM functional and application modules, encompassing sales, Marketing, Service and CDD ( Customer Due Diligence)
- Created regression test scripts using Duck Creek Server regression tool to perform white box testing.
- Used Test automation centre (Duck Creek automation tool) to test the functional aspects of User Interface
- As a Senior Claims Business Process Analyst, I partner with Claim Operations to develop an ongoing Operational capability to support audit readiness and on site audits for the claims business processes.
- Hands on experience with Duck Creek version control tools like TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Extensive experience in customization of Work Items, Transition Matrix in TFS.
- Setup TFS reporting server and built various reports and Customized TFS work items to fit business needs.
- Synchronized off-shore and on-site TFS servers on weekly basis created process flows and technical documentation for projects and process improvements
- Responsible for working a queue of JIRA tickets to address system issues, user requests, etc. on a daily basis.
- Managed product backlog within JIRA and Used JIRA for issue tracking issues.
- Created custom workflows, screens and Custom fields for Jira
- Manually migrated Jira from 4.4 to 5.1 standalone Jira on Linux server
- Working at onshore as Business Analyst for doing the implementation of Duck Creek software.
- Developed data model, SQL Queries, SQL Query tuning process and Schemas.
- Wrote PL/SQL Stored Procedures, Functions, and Packages to meet the business requirements.
- Involved in writing test plans, test cases using MS Excel, developing and executing of test scripts.
- Driving requirements walkthroughs with onshore-offshore software development & testing teams for development & testing of required system functionality and assisting business with user acceptance testing (UAT )
- Creation of Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Reported and tracked application defects using Mercury Quality Center
- Strong experience in reviewing requirements and design documents and developing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test cases and Test metrics using MS Office 365
Environment: MS Word, MS SharePoint, Rational Requirements Composer (RRC), Rational Team Concert (RTC), MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, UML, TFS.
Confidential, New York, NY
CCAR Business Analyst/AXIOM Functional Analyst/GRC
- Analyzed and documented Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Documentation, and System Requirement Documentation, using UML methodologies.
- Involved in development phase meetings for business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Maintained a working knowledge of the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review “CCAR”.
- Had intimate knowledge of the line of business data to ensure Instruction changes have minimal impact to CCAR Schedule.
- Assisted the 14A Projection team in the analysis for PPNR schedules - PPNR Submission, NII, and Metrics.
- Responsible for executing on project management efforts for PPNR and balance sheet projections over nine quarter horizon.
- Cooperated with CCAR team on delivering of the Basel capital regulatory results to serve the CCAR various reporting forms.
- Developed BPMN process flows for areas identified for enhancements.
- Analyze and map business processes for BPMN modelling and process automation
- Experience in the area of planning, administrating, developing and delivering automated GRC solutions using various GRC tools (RSA Archer eGRC Framework, Metric Stream).
- GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) duties - Work with Audit, IT, Governance, Risk, & Compliance, and the Lines of Business to standardize provisioning and recertification processes to ensure proper Data Security Administration practices.
- Led the development of methods for key GRC process , along with the identification of the most feasible GRC solution and implementation process for the enterprise
- Created different types of reports in AXIOM- Control Report, Adjustment Report, and Manual Upload template
- Assisted Front Office with identifying KYC deficiencies, potential BSA/AML concerns and obtaining KYC requirements pertaining to borrowers, co-borrowers and other related parties according to Global KYC standards
- Performed gap analyses of KYC Programs and systems, identifying enhancement opportunities to further streamline processes
- Consulted clients on Basel III regulation and introduced plans for FRTB compliance
- Performed KYC due diligence, AML and OFAC/Sanctions program analysis for Third Party Payment Processors (TPPP).
- Communicate with clients and front office staff in order to obtain necessary AML requirements
- Coordinate with AML Advisory and Compliance during the duration of the AML recertification process
- Maintained managerial surveillance reports, ensuring that client information was in good standing with the KYC/AML program
- Assisted in implementing the Liquidity Module of OFSAA (Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications) for LCR / Federal reporting.
- Developed and lead team for Liquidity Risk Management (LRM) application on OFSAA.
- Developed end to end documentation for forms framework and OFSAA platform.
- Developed good practices for risk modelling procedures related to CCAR/DFAST.
- Performed AML analysis and work with the business line to complete the documentation requirements to create the Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
- Performed an alert review on alerts generated from the AML Transaction Monitoring System.
- Complied with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) laws and regulations
Business Analyst/Dodd Frank/CCAR/OFSAA Consultant
- Understanding business requirement and accordingly mapping data elements from various source systems to the appropriate table and column in OFSAA FSDF data model for referential as well as transactional data for FR Y9-C, FR Y14-Q FR Y14-A, FFIEC, PPNR, FR 2052 reports.
- Designing and modifying SCD and T2T (Table to Table) transformations in OFSAA to facilitate the flow of data from Staging to Results
- Work across the firm to interpret FRTB regulations, drive change and influence risk and regulatory outcomes
- Worked closely with Structuring, Market Risk and Valuation group on the approval of new structured transactions, including power full requirement, heat rate options,
- Provided Bond Market risk analysis spreadsheets
- Involved in implementing formula and data analysis for FRY 14A form from Data Dictionary.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team in functional testing of components, Systems Integration Testing (SIT), Regression Testing and UAT Testing
Environment: AXIOM Controller View, Windows XP, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS SharePoint.
Confidential, McLean, VA
Business Analyst- Fixed Income Security Trading and Mortgage Domain
- Implemented front-office Sales and Trading applications across LATAM by deeply understanding trade lifecycle flows from execution to settlement and Agile/ Waterfall System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Worked as a Business Analyst to enhance an application of Fixed Income Securities and OTC derivative trading.
- Fallowed Agile (Scrum) Methodology to implement the project in OTC of Fixed Income products
- Directly supported traders, credit, quants, and legal to design, test, and launch pricing / counterparty credit risk models to ensure global trading systems accurately calculate and report Risk, P&L, MTM, and positions.
- Investigate client issues using SQL to query the Blackrock Aladdin database, reading Java and Python based code, and testing
- Responsible for engaging the Blackrock Aladdin community through roadmaps and gathering feedback in order to build a product better than competitive firms build multiple metrics based reports via XML, SQL and Excel to help strategize and understand how our products are being used across the Blackrock Aladdin Community.
- Responsible for in-house brokerage of office space for new branch locations, coordinating with external brokers and landlords for leasing.
- Create and maintain project schedules and expectations with internal customers and external broker partners.
Environment:: MS Office Suite 2007, MS Visio 2007, SQL, HTML, XML, Mercury Quality Center 9.0, RUP, UML.
Confidential, Virginia Beach, VA
Medicare Healthcare Business Analyst/ EDI Analyst
- Associated with full HIPAA Compliance life-cycle from gap analysis, mapping, implementation and testing for processing of Medicare, Medicaid and Tri-care claims.
- Worked with the team on FACETS claims processing system and gathered requirements to comply with HIPAA.
- Set claim processing data for different Facets Module. was also involved in integration of FACETS with legacy and third party vendor applications.
- Establish documentation for Agile methodology for implementation with a very water-fall-centric development team.
- Developed Schemas of EDI x12 Claims (837) and Eligibility forms in XML.
- Responsible for the core activities of the test team including creating and executing test cases, analyzing and documenting results and drawing a traceability matrix to match the requirements with the final test scenarios.
- Participated in release cycles of software developed using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Integrated various systems with HEDIS and create design for HEDIS and other systems to pull data in HEDIS.
- I facilitate the implementation and upgrades of the LexisNexis Expense Manager program to manage healthcare professional (HCP) aggregate spend reporting requirements of the federal Physician Sunshine Act (Open Payments).Experienced in creating HIPAA 5010 electronic EDI files primarily used by Healthcare insurance plans to make payments to healthcare providers and provide claim information for professional, institutions, or dental practices for a single patient encounter
- I also perform compliance review of HCP invoices and perform vendor credentialing and customer contract compliance reviews, and am familiar with the requirements of the Anti-Kickback Statute and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Knowledge of health care services regulatory environment in compliance with HIPAA, ICD, MITA, MMIS and EDI
- Analyzed and documented MMIS Claims business rules, edit rules, audit rules, to create and process unit and string test cases to verify and validate updated programs.
- MMIS Business Analyst contract to provide subject matter expertise in Medicaid for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) 1104 Compliancy Project.
- Facilitate Quality Compliance processes and policies to meet CMS and NCQA standards and requirements
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with NCQA and CMS regulations
- Collaborated with leadership team to ensure regulatory compliance with CMS, NCQA and HEDIS were met
- Proficient in writing SQL queries for testing and data validation.
- Develop, test, modify and manage EDI (x12 standard) maps using B2B mapping tool in the Healthcare industry.
- Strong experience working in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using various methodologies including Agile, Waterfall
- Involved in project planning, coordination and QA methodology in the implementation of the Facets in the EDI transaction of the claims module.
- Evaluated and performed testing within Facets for Rejected QA Scenarios.
- Worked on Member Management, Eligibility, Claims and Billing modules within FACETS.
Environment: HEDIS, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), SQL, MS Visio, MS Project, Rational Rose, Windows, HP Load runner, MMIS.
Insurance Underwriter, Claims & Risk Analyst
- Reviewed applications for Insurance acceptance.
- Led and coordinate renewal initiatives with the goal of improving customer retention.
- Analyzed exposures, claims data, loss ratio, etc. to create sound underwriting decisions.
- Handled underwriting decisions on new and renewal business and referrals that fell outside the guidelines and within delegated authority levels.
- Handled assigned workload within quality, productivity and service standards.
- Provided technical underwriting support for team members.
- Assisted agents and policyholders with policy questions and complaints.
- Reviewed and process endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements, DMV submission, etc.