- Business Analyst with around 5 years of experience with demonstrated success and solid understanding of Business Requirement gathering, Business Process flow, Business Process Modeling, Data Analysis, Data Mapping, documenting and Business Analysis.
- Solid understanding on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies, Waterfall and Agile .
- Experience in gathering requirements and conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with end users, SMEs and stakeholders for major business initiatives.
- Experience in Analyzing business results from Joint Application Development (JAD ), writing skills required for documenting Business Requirements Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), User stories and Use cases.
- Experienced in Pure Agile environment, facilitating scrum meetings, process innovation, SCRUM based emergency procedures, removal of project impediments, working with product owner to maximize business value and ROI.
- Strong knowledge in Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology and Object - Oriented Analysis and Design(OOA/D).
- Experience in creating Test Plan and executing Test Cases based on Design document and User Requirement document for testing purposes reports in Business Objects.
- Experience in Unified Modeling Language (UML) for creating Use Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and work flow diagrams using Rational Rose and MS-Visio.
- Strong understanding of business methodologies with good engaging skills with stakeholders at all levels to facilitate requirements gathering.
- Excellent ability to align teams and drive collaboration to complete projects in a timely and cost-effective manner in fast-paced and often changing environments.
- Strong analytical skills with a thorough understanding of how to elicit and translate business needs into functional and nonfunctional requirements.
- Extensive experience in creating Screen Mockups, conducting Gap Analysis and Impact Analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost Benefit Analysis, Risk Analysis and ROI Analysis.
- Responsible to Track, Document, Capture, Manage and Communicate the Requirements using Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and established service level requirements which helped in controlling numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project
- Good experience in handling teams. Good knowledge on LEAN SIX SIGMA.
- Excellent understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
- Sound Experience and understanding of SSAS, expertise in developing reports on SSAS on SQL Server.
- Experience in writing SQL queries, and managing databases such as Oracle 12c/11g, MySQL.
- Experience in using project management tools like JIRA & RALLY. Good Experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Implemented all stages of development processes including extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) data from various sources into Data warehouse and Data Marts using Informatica Power Center Designer, Repository Manager, Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Quick learner with technical, Strong analytical skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive learner and always ready to take up challenges.
Finance, Ecommerce Domain: Asset allocation, Portfolio management, Fixed Income (Bonds, Convertibles, T-Notes, T-Bonds), Derivatives Money Market Instruments and Mutual Funds, ACH.
DATABASES: Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2012,MS SSAS, MS SSRS, T-SQL, PL/SQL
Project Management Tools/ Methodology: Unified Modeling Language (UML), MS-Project, MS Share Point, BPMN, Rally, JIRA, Agile-Scrum, Waterfall-Scrum, Waterfall, Extreme Programming, Kanban.
Technologies: HTML5, CSS 3, Java, JSON
Requirement Management: MS Office, JIRA, RALLY, Confluence, HP ALM 11.5.
IDE/TOOLS: Eclipse, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Share point, Rational Rose and MS-Visio, AEM.
Confidential, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Working on three different projects in an agile environment where the requirements keep changing often, independently responsible for gathering business requirements for all the three projects .
- Conducts a critical evaluation of the information gathered from different sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into more understandable details.
- Worked with Business Analysis team to prepare a detailed Business Requirement document (BRD) and System Requirement Document (SRS).
- Effectively handles the situations and provides real time decisions for business improvement.
- Gathered, defined, and organized business and functional requirements including acceptance criteria for use by developers to implement a capability.
- Creating User stories using JIRA based on the requirement and updating acceptance criteria is part of daily jobs.
- Responsible for taking quick business decisions by measuring the risk.
- Delivering the technical user stories to the developers within an Agile environment resulting in delivery of small enhancements, programs, features, modules and/or project components in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Monitored change requests and documented requirements, integrating them with Use Cases. Identified and documented Issues, risks and gaps and their descriptions and impact, and provided recommendations and alternatives.
- Involving in PI planning sessions with Business Stake holders and Architects in Release Train Sprint Review, participate in Agile sprint activities including daily standups, iteration planning meetings were part of daily activities.
- Worked with Testers in User acceptance testing (UAT), System testing, Integration testing and build verification testing.
- Helped the Product Owner to Prioritize the Product Backlog items for developing Sprint tasks by taking suggestions from the cross-functional development team.
- Highly proficient in writing and prioritizing user stories in Product Back Log with Product Owner.
- Analyzed the Iteration Burn Down charts and reviewed defects.
- Responsible to provide Knowledge Transfer (KT) on business flows for all the newly hired resources.
- Working with DBA’s on SQL Server Migration from, helping them by providing business details
- I try to put my complete efforts to get the things done on time with perfection.
ENVIRONMENT: Agile, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, UML, JIRA 5.2, SQL Server 2012/2016, Web Services, HTML, XML, JSON.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
- Agile development (2-week sprints/Iterations), requirement gathering, Analysis is part of every day's work.
- Involved in understanding the current business process, defining scope of the project along with position statement. Nature of the two different data system was analyzed.
- Used RALLY project management tool, Responsible for updating the Acceptance Criteria on the User stories.
- Involved in enhancements of the system and worked on fixing bugs, creating support tickets for the issues found and supporting the entire system.
- Work with stakeholders to document future state processes for Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, and Service Request Management.
- Involved in preparing Process Flow Diagram and other UML Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked independently with users to define concepts, clarify Functional and Non-Functional requirements to translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Responsible for preparing Minutes of Meetings , Agendas and other documentation that captured decisions made and provided support to the team throughout all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Acted as a mediator between the Development team, Database team, QA team and the management.
- Developed test scripts, conducted unit tests, documented and resolved discrepancies resulting in zero defects in production .
- Good knowledge of SQL queries. Worked on Oracle 11g for data warehousing and data mining purposes.
- Analyzed user needs and determined requirements to anticipate and resolve issues and find solutions by means of automated systems.
- Decomposed the scope from the BRD into user stories by conducting a story writing session with the Product owner and then the acceptance criteria for the PSPI (Potentially Shippable Product Increment)
- Took responsibility to motivate the team and keep the team updated with the new technologies, for example advised the QA team to automate the testing process by using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins.
ENVIRONMENT: SDLC, Agile Scrum, MS project, MS office Tools, MS Project, MS Visio, UML, Oracle 11g, Swagger, RALLY.
Technical Business Analyst
- Eliciting & authoring of functional requirement documents for Business & communicating to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Reviewing Test Cases to ensure complete coverage of the product functionality, Performing Functional Testing of client Deliverable, thereby supporting the delivery team used to be part of daily tasks.
- Synchronized with vendors and IT to obtain technical information, feasibility, efforts and cost estimates for system change requests to meet the business delivery.
- Worked with the fraud Squad team, used to conduct team meetings regularly to discuss and reduce the risk of fraud happening over the site.
- Integrated various OLTP to the OLAP by using SSIS/SSAS as an ETL tool and used SSRS as reporting tool.
- Performed Data Mining to find correlation and pattern in existing data and constructed SQL queries.
- Identified Source systems for Financial data profiling of Billing and Budget processes.
- As we were the most customer centric company, was responsible for providing the issue management for end-user problems, also made sure we had a consistent high-level responsiveness and customer care.
- Delivered functional needs & design changes through communication with internal teams & external clients.
- Served as an interface between business units, technology teams and support teams. identifying client needs and evaluating alternative business solutions with project management was my job. Responsible for project tracking and status reporting, also prepared User Manuals for various client deliveries.
- Assisted in identifying risk needed to develop Risk analysis as required by Fraud detection for red flags to report fraud, patterns and inconsistencies activities.
- Performed data analysis and discovered a new fraud pattern called "BUYER-SELLER COLLISION" preventing $50000 loss to the company.
- Mitigated spoofing activity by finding that the encryption of Session ID was weak and decreased the vulnerability of Confidential website.
- Introduced Agile environment to Development Team, and contributing to daily meetings; troubleshooting the production issues across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Communicated with onsite counterpart to understand new requirements, change requests and prepared design documents.
ENVIRONMENT: SDLC Waterfall, MS project, MS office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio), MS Project, MS Visio, HTML, CSS, AEM, Visual studio, MS SQL 2008.