- A highly motivated, tech - savvy professional with over Six (6) years of extensive experience in healthcare, retail, insurance, banking, finance, e-commerce, education and IT development industries as a Sr Business Analyst, Business System Analyst and Project Manager role.
- Expert in the design and delivery of cost-effective, high-performance information technology systems and applications to address complex business problems.
- Extensive qualifications in all facets of project life cycle, from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through documentation, implementation, user training and enhancement
- Experienced in the Healthcare, Finance, Airline, and Retail industries and the e-commerce business model
- Experienced in GAP Analysis, Document and Project Management
- Conducted Requirement Gathering sessions, Feasibility Studies and Impact Analysis and organizing the software requirements in a structured way using templates and requirement management tooks
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience including Requirements Gathering, Specifications Analysis/Design, and Testing as per the RUP’s Iterative Software Development Life Cycle process
- Experienced in A/B testing; design, setup, and analysis to find effective content and design solutions
- Experienced in process modeling, including Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, Collaboration Diagrams, Swim-lane charts, Activity Diagrams, UX / UI based Wireframe Diagrams and Class Diagrams using tools such as Confidential Visio
- Good Documentation and Process Management skills with an ability to effectively understand the business requirements to develop a quality product.
- Well versed in analyzing consumer behavior and understanding business functionalities.
- Proficient with computer literate such as Confidential Word, Confidential Excel, Power point and Visio.
- Experience in Data Warehousing / Data Mart and generating reports using complex SQL queries for business organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact and work effectively in a large and complex organization with staff from all levels
- Strong analytical skills, Excellent problem solving skills, Excellent communication and writing skills.
Skills and Methodologies: Agile (Scrum), Waterfall, XP, AUP, EVM, JAD, RAD, RUP, SDLC, and UML.
Documentation: Business Requirement Document (BRD), User Stories, Story board, Use cases, Functional Specification Document (FRD), Data Mapping, Risk Analysis, Requirement Work Plan, RACI matrix, UAT Test Plan
Diagrams: Wire-frame, Activity, Block, UML, Collaborative Swim-lane, Business Process / Flow, Decision Tree/table, Entity Relationship, Sequence, Class, Cause and Effect, Data flow
Change Management: Sevice Now, HPSM, ClearQuest, JIRA, ALM, TestDirector
Database: Oracle 11g, SQL 2015, MS Access
Other tools: Java, .Net, C++, C#, XML, Web Services, SOA, Control M, Autosys, Restful / SOAP webservices
Confidential, Bloomington, MN
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Collaborated with Product Owner / Stakeholder, developers, subject matter experts SME and quality assurance.
- Wrote user stories and acceptance criteria and other requirements documentation using project templates.
- Performed Data Analysis and Mapping for importing system billing data to the claims review system
- Work on multiple production releases with challenging project timelines and scope and supported migrations from Dev-Test-Stage-Prod application environments
- Created Use Cases, Use Case Models, Work Flows, and System Specification Documents
- Participated and facilitated daily standup meetings. Lead iteration planning sessions and iteration retrospectives.
- Analyzed end-user requirements, their strategies, and their objectives to create Requirement Specification Documents, Use Cases.
- Captured requirements for XML / JSON data message for Webservices APIs for SOAP / Restful calls for sending billing and claims data to multiple clients / vendors
- Managed high priority escalations/incidents and lead issue resolutions by facilitating War Room meetings and implemented emergency fixes with Change Advisory Board (CAB) approvals
- Facilitated group discussions to elicit functional specifications with SMEs, CKE, DCE, developers and Test development group for user access review processes of risk-based Applications
- Collaborated with developers, change management, configuration management, technical application experts and quality assurance during production releases
- Provided post implementation support and tracked any release defects to be included in the next release or minor break-fix operations
- Gathered requirements and translate into business processes as well as UX / UI wireframes by using Axure to create UI wireframes
- Inspected and verified data from Claims Data Warehouse / Data Mart Database Table by writing Advanced Select SQL Queries with Joins / Unions / Where / Group by etc.
- Analyzed the business Modules and their impact on the current system.
- Used Component business modeling for improving strategic planning and efficiency.
- Assisted with the building EDI 837(I, D, P), 835, 277-U, 270/271, 276/277, 278, 820 and 834 transactions processing flow from the Trading Partners to the translator to the Mainframe and back to the Trading Partner.
- Work responsibilities primarily involved understanding the business logic, designing requirements, communicating them to the developers, generating documentation, designing use cases, creating various diagrams like State Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams as part of project.
- Maintained Traceability matrix throughout the project.
- Created standards / guidelines for business process modeling, Use Cases, Work Flows, Data Dictionary, and requirements specifications.
- Analyzed requirements and formulated a Test Plan for functionality testing, navigation, and integration testing of the application.
- Conducted A/B testing for positive email responses based on healthcare questionnaire for clients
- Involved in creating requirements that comply with HIPAA, HL7, and ANSI X12 format regulations to protect the privacy of the employee insured under any policy.
- Understand rules and regulations of HIPAA as imposed during Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
Sr. Business Analyst
- Managed 3 different projects at the same time and was the only BA in the projects.
- Gathered requirements for different Target projects based on holiday, Black Friday and Thanksgiving. Interacted with Product Owners / stakeholders from Confidential on a day to day basis and elicited requirements.
- Additionally was able to manage the user stories, prioritize and perform defect management by proficient use of management tool JIRA.
- Involved in many scrums and retrospective meetings in order to track progress, and any roadblocks
- Made use cases using MS Visio every day and presented it to the clients for presentation and gave them input not only from tech side but also economical side.
- Wrote Business Requirements Document (BRD) for almost all projects.
- Used JIRA and maintained user stories on every different creative in the project.
- Worked with close association with the developers and created functional requirements documents (FSD) from scratch.
- Worked with Subject Matter experts ( SME 's) to develop Detailed Design Documents (DDD).
- Created and managed weekly and monthly forecasting reports.
- Executed trend reports, season over season performance comparisons and other database analytics to optimize catalog and e-commerce direct marketing campaigns.
- Created and managed weekly and monthly forecasting reports
- Assisted in annual budgeting process with preparing the framework and creating the reports necessary for accurate decision making.
- Identified trends, opportunities, risks and variances to the forecast and reported them to the VP of marketing in determining future catalogs.
- Built financial models and ran SQL queries to help optimize performance.
- Managed customer file to maximize income and leverage prospecting opportunities.
- Streamlined and optimized all spreadsheets and processes associated with market analytics.
- Managed the schedule, inventory and results of gift certificate campaign.
- Conducted ad-hoc reports and analysis to assist VP of Marketing in determining future catalog and e-commerce strategies.
Sr. Business System Analyst
- Boosted loan origination volumes by serving as Lead Business Analyst on several projects
- Supporting system enhancements related to Government's Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
- Increased volume of HARP refinancing by overseeing business analysis and functional specifications for system that enabled new customers to refinance their loans through HARP.
- Met and/or exceeded compliance requirements with HMDA, RESPA, and HOEPA by planning and coordinating projects to gather and analyze business data related to fees and regulatory issues.
- Partnered with business units and key stakeholders across the organization to ensure integrity of functional changes and optimal performance of downstream systems company-wide.
- Documented, reviewed, and/or approved test scenarios / scripts for UAT team in support of project requirements.
- Worked closely with IT and system development partners to design and implement systemic solutions to high-priority production issues.
- Performed Requirement Gathering & Analysis by actively soliciting, analyzing customer requirements and prepared the Requirements Specification Document for the application using Confidential Word.
- Fallowed Reverse Engineering Process to analyze and document Functional Requirements.
- Scheduled meeting with Developers, SME 's and testers Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD)
- Involved in gathering reporting requirements from the business users. Involved in building Data Warehouse Application, Worked with technical team in generating the required reports on Cognos.
- Created Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams to analyze the requirements and recommend solutions.
- Involved in creating Use Case diagrams and State Diagram using MS Visio.
- Assisted the technical team in translating application functionality into application architecture.
- Updated Requirement Documents as per business user feedback and changes in the functionality of the application.
- Involved in generating Test Plans and Test Specifications as per Business requirements
- Involved in conducting Manual and Automated testing at various phases of the project development.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios as per application specifications and application requirements and wrote test plans.
- Performed Integration Testing, Build Verification Testing, System Testing Manually.
- Responsible for Defect Tracking and Reporting. Participated in the Bug Review Meetings.