- Over 9 years of experience as a Business System/Process Analyst (Healthcare, Banking/Finance, Retail) with extensive experience with enhancement, technology delivery and transformation projects.
- Cross functional experience as a scrum master facilitating meetings, working sessions, status reporting and funding reporting.
- Extensive experience in improving processes using Six Sigma and lean tools and methodologies.
- Proficient in Requirements gathering, business Process mapping, Business Process Optimization, Automation and manual testing with a keen awareness of the needs and abilities of stakeholders.
- Strong command over SDLC methodologies like AQMS, RUP, Agile/Scrum and Waterfall.
- Functioned as the primary liaison between the business teams, content SME’s, offshore technical teams and other stakeholders.
- Expert in developing detailed Use Cases, Sequence diagrams, Activity diagrams, Collaboration diagrams, Class diagrams development and UML modeling using modeling tools like Rational Rose and MS Visio.
- Experience in understanding business requirements and translating them to functional and technical requirements.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and SCRUM meetings with stakeholders and other project team members for requirements gathering, analysis, design and configuration.
- Helped integrate Ansible testing and reporting tools to monitor and report on key metrics.
- Experience in querying data (SQL) for front end presentation and mapping the flow of data in compliance with regulations and CIS standards and best practices.
- Excellent Analytical skills to understand the Business Process and Functionality. Developing Functional Specifications for business process refinement and automation, data modeling conducting feasibility studies.
- Identified internal and external system requirements, design and configuration set - up, also created User Documentation.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines. Open to dynamic work environment and ability to work collaboratively with business analysts, testers, developers and other team members in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
- Experience in reviewing Test plans, Test cases and Test case execution using Ansible and Test Director.
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem-solving, identifying root causes and taking corrective actions to meet long-term business.
- Responsible for interviewing & intake of applicant's for various roles of managers, BA’s, QA’s, developers team. Ensuring that all potential eligible applicants' applications are processed.
- Mentoring and Trainin g super users for new products, services and applications.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux
Business modeling and requirement management Tools: MS Visio, MS Office Suite, Project, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, JIRA, Rally, Doors, PALM
Languages: HTML, C- language
Database: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Content Management: MS - Share Point, Office 365
Testing Tools: Software Application Testing Life Cycle, HP ALM
Other Tools: Project, Share point, IBM Watson, IBM Data Stage, SAS, Mainframe, Tableau
Software Methodologies (SDLC): Agile Safe, Waterfall, Kanban, Scrum
Documentation Tools: Confluence/JIRA, MS Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau
Requirement Management Tools: DOORS, Rational Requisite Pro, Blueprint Requirement Center
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
- Acted as a liaison between the Business and Delivery Team through the project life cycle to communicate and validate requirements, and to define and drive business requirements from initiation to implementation using Agile SCRUM Methodology.
- Conducted JAD sessions to clarify the business workflow for AS-IS and TO-BE processes for the existing Mobile Health Application with the Case Management and Claims Department.
- Actively assisted the Product Owner in the development, grooming and sizing of the product backlog, release backlogs and sprint backlogs to monitor the development process.
- Worked on JIRA (Agile tool) to create product roadmaps, product backlog, user stories and tasks.
- Created detailed wire frames for the enhance mobile application.
- Participated in sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives and sprint review meetings.
- Assisted the Product Owner and the team in entering and updating Issues (Epics, Stories and Tasks) onto JIRA Agile Application.
- Assisted in testing associated Sprint Stories for acceptance signoff.
- Developed and maintained a Burn Down Chart to keep track of the efforts versus the sprint timeline to be achieved.
- Assisted testing team with documenting Test Plans, Test Cases and execution of Test Scenarios for the Mobile Application and clarified issues which may arise during testing.
- Hosted Triage Meetings whenever conflicts arose within the team.
- Created and maintained a Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to map the functional requirements with Test Scripts.
- Worked closely and collaboratively with other team Business Analysts, System Architects, Data Architects, Development Team, and QA Team to clearly articulate defined requirements, and clarifications when questions arose.
Environment: Agile, SCRUM, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, SharePoint, UML, SQL, Mercury Quality Center, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Clear QuestConfidential, Minneapolis, MN
Business Process Analyst
- Developed Business Requirements while working with different user groups to define priorities concerning project development.
- Negotiated and secured permanent display execution with major CPG retailer which will lead to $2,000,000 in annual revenue
- Articulated strategic solutions for CPG (Consumer packaged goods) business with accountability to drive change.
- Flexible Fulfillment (Buy On-line, Pick-up in Store) Project.
- To assist in the timely, accurate, and efficient processing of check (USD and Foreign currency denominated checks) clearing activities daily.
- Scanning and processing the checks received from our customers and from corresponding banks through ACH.
- Influenced large project team to prioritize Finance businesses and technical requirements, resulting in successfully launching six months ahead of schedule, which increased Target's sales by 20%.
- Ensured technical decisions were compatible with existing processes, met business requirements, and complied with banking laws and Target's Card Processors' contracts while considering development time constraints, business value and risk.
- Prevented Card chargebacks and fines from Target's Card Processors.
- Decommissioned and retired 20 obsolete systems by influencing and coordinating with impacted teams to plan, test, design and implement systems' retirement activities. Savings of $2MM annually of technology licensing expense.
- Standardized communication forms and processes for future Systems' Retirement Projects which will reduce future Retirements' projects payroll expense by 20%
Business Process Analyst
- Transitioned Target India Offices to Concur Travel Management from paper system, ensuring SOX compliance.
- Managed Hyperion ESSBASE P&L Reporting transition to SAP Reporting.
- Oversaw technical changes and User Testing for four software upgrades.
- Led Quebec Pharmacies Installation Project Team.
Environment: Agile, MS Word, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Quality Center, SAPConfidential, Baltimore, MD
- Interfaced with business users to prepare and update Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR). Created test cases and test scripts.
- Ensured all artifacts complied with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
- Understood FINERA, IIROC and NASD rules and regulation to comply when writing tests and functional requirements.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements
- Developed use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and conversion requirements.
- Prepared business process models; used Visio to create use case diagrams.
- Liaised with Application Analysts and developers in Kansas City and Vancouver to create data maps.
- Updated test library with the business logic of all the tests available
- Was extensively involved in data mapping and data validation for different compliance users.
- Conducted sprint planning sessions for SQL and Development teams and helped formulating user stories to create story points and timelines.
- Worked with Product owners and performed the role of product owner for compliance product
- Assisted in process modeling; conducted and participated in JAD sessions with system users; helped with design walkthroughs with stakeholders for base lining architecture.
- Involved in detailing project mission, data process flow diagrams, and timelines.
- Worked with SQL queries for data manipulations
- Worked on Beta, NFS and Pershing security masters to analyze the quality of data each carries and to understand the classification of financial securities, for creating a master security master for DST to help them create an aggregated display providing clients a version of Compliance that has all of their custodian's aggregated into a single "instance.
- Validated technical designs created by IT developers against functional specifications.
- Worked with QA team to design test plan and test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
- Created user manual documentation for training and Help Desk teams.
Environment: UML, JIRA, Agile, Microsoft Office suite, MS Visio, Quality cent, MS project, SQLConfidential, New York, NY
Business System Analyst
- Analyzed User Requirement Document, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Technical Requirement Specification and Functional Requirement Specification (FRS).
- Interacted with Cash Management Division and Compliance Office to review the AML (Anti Money Laundering) requirements and provide Positive Pay service to reduce check fraud
- Prepared and analyzed AS IS and TO BE in the existing architecture and performed Gap Analysis. Created workflow scenarios, designed new process flows and documented the Business Process and various Business Scenarios and activities of the Business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Used the guidelines and artifacts of the Rational Unified Process (RUP) to strategize the Implementation of RUP effort in different iterations and phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Exposed to Agile methodology.
- Worked as an Interface between the Users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the Business and IT Processes.
- Used various tools and applications that include Visio, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Conduct extensive analysis on security trading cycles; provide consulting on financial disclosure, regulatory and compliance issues
- Involved in gathering Business Level Requirements and reviewed manual testing methods
- Prepared Test plans which includes an introduction, various test strategies, test schedules, QA team’s role, test deliverables, etc.
- Responsible for writing Test cases to cover overall quality assurance using Test Director
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible for providing analytical support in the Design, Development and Implementation of Project.
- Verified the Business Scenarios on new builds to allow extended testing by the QA team.
Environment: Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose, Clear Case, Clear Quest), RUP, Visual Basic, SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, C#.Net, MS Outlook, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, MS AccessConfidential
Business System Analyst
- Involved in gathering and synthesizing business requirements and translated them into functional and non-functional requirements to be used as input to the functional design specifications.
- Interacted extensively with SME's including heads in areas of equities, fixed income, derivatives, options, futures and risk managers, asset managers to understand corporate actions, extracting requirements from discussions, and refining and documenting them into Business requirements.
- Conducted JAD sessions with stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SME's), and end users to synchronize and update the requirements requested by the business users.
- Extensively worked in all the phases of Rational Unified Process such as Inception, Elaboration, Construction, and Transition.
- Ensured that relevant UML diagrams and tools were used in all requirement documents and prepared Use Case Models, Flow Diagrams, Sequential Diagrams in MS Visio.
- Facilitated the weekly meetings with the review teams to continuously improve the QA process for the application development.
- Conducted walkthroughs with the end users and stakeholders to gather the modification requests from the user to upgrade or change the business specifications for the product.
- Involved in Technical writing of documents for Function and User Requirements Documents, Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scripts.
- Responsible for assisting the Quality Assurance team to create the test plan, testing scenarios and test cases for UAT testing.
Environment: Unified Modeling Language (UML), MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project.