- 8 years of experience as a Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Business Process Flow, Business Process Modeling, Data Analysis, Data Mapping and Business Analysis.
- Hands - on expertise in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using Waterfall, Iterative, Agile, RUP, and other internal SDLCs and technology delivery frameworks.
- Functional experience with concentration on Project Management, Business Analysis, Claim Operations (End-Users) Readiness for new releases, Business Process Modeling (BPM), Use Case Modeling using UML, Data Modeling, Project Management, Change Management, Software Training, Software Development Methodologies, QA Testing and Systems Testing, troubleshooting of client server and web-based systems.
- Expertise in Graphical User Interface (GUI) Testing, Functional Testing, Performance Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Stress/Load Testing.
- Established experience in providing marketing research consultation to the key business units to help defining the business issues.
- Proficiency in modeling businesses processes and preparing training manuals & knowledge transfer manuals.
- Worked extensively on Business Requirements Elicitation, Process Modeling, Risk Analysis, and development of Functional Specifications.
- Skilled in defining and documenting Business Process Flows and AS-IS and TO-BE processes.
- Experience in conducting GAP Analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT Analysis and Cost Benefit Analysis.
- Designed the Relational Database by documenting Entity Relationship Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams in the Functional Specifications.
- Conducted Rapid Application Development (RAD, Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) and Joint Application Development JAD sessions, interviews, workshops and requirement gathering sessions with business users, stakeholders and development team.
- Documented Test Plans; created, imported and ran Test Cases; logged Defects and performed Manual Testing in HP Quality Center (QC).
- Highly motivated, organized and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in working with cross functional and cross-cultural team environments, different levels of management and liaison between system users, management and development teams.
Confidential, Wayzata, MN
Sr. Business Analyst
- Responsible for continuous process improvement and for identifying and maintaining a clear and measurable development process to be deployed throughout the enterprise using Scrum.
- Designed and implemented a fully automated tracking service system and generation process that linked the outstanding collaterals, financial indices and accounting systems, which could reduce the proposal generation time and improving efficiency.
- Facilitated Scrum Meetings with the technical/non-technical team, accounts updating, data analysis and sharing with XML patterns, SME's to clarify business rules & solve impediments, rectifying the regulatory issues with SME's and translated functional requirements into User Stories using JIRA.
- Performed GAP Analysis to further identify deltas between the legacy application used and the desired state and implement numerous business optimization projects and reporting tools that improve efficiency.
- Worked with the teams on the centralize lending analytics, regulations and information including approval data, financial statements analysis and regulatory aspects.
- Managed current and prospective client information using data tools and researched in the commercial lending and risk areas affecting businesses.
- Facilitated sprint planning, daily scrums, retrospectives, stakeholder meetings, and software demonstrations and adopted scrum techniques using Moscow and planning poker.
- Monitored and reported key parameters including investments, the flow of data, modeling and forecasting. Protected development team from outside distractions, impediments or team conflicts, and maintained focus on product backlog and project timeline.
- Worked closely with Project Owner in backlog management and continuous delivery of features and also maintained burn down the chart and team velocity.
- Assisted PM to develop GANTT chart and CPM Charts for project time and activity scheduling to align the project development with time and cost objective.
- Directed and led development team from project initiation through the delivery of final product. Created Process Flow Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams and Class Diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Recorded any bug-defects and prioritize defect fix. Provided user interface design for web-based projects including dashboards, widgets, and products.
- Performed manual testing for checking the data flow of the application using SQL. Actively trained business users involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and helped them understand UAT procedure.
Environment: Agile/Scrum, XML, MS Office Suite, UML, UAT, RUP, Oracle, Adobe Photoshop, MS SharePoint, MS Visio, HTML.Confidential, Beaverton, OR
Business Systems Analyst
- Created Project Plan, solicited & analyzed feedback from end-users in internal and external environments including wireframes, screen mock ups, and prototypes.
- Assisted the Project Manager and the business team in gathering requirements and documenting them.
- Developed high-level design of new processes and graphically presented them along with text-based requirements to IT management.
- Conducted JAD sessions to refine prototypes, prioritized and presented Use Cases.
- Worked as a primary liaison between the project team, operations team and other ethnical areas throughout the project.
- Developed an easy to use system with the ability to display secure balance information directly from the customer's bank account directly for consolidated view of finances.
- Performed Data Mapping and Logical Data Modeling. Created Class Diagrams and ER Diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data and perform validation.
- Reviewed Test Plans developed by the testing team for accuracy in testing the application.
- Provided UAT training workshops with users and documented related artifacts.
- Organized weekly project status meetings, created PowerPoint presentations, and project updates using MS Project for management review.
- Collaborated with Project Manager to do Project Planning & Tracking, Risk Management & Status Reporting and Budget Control of the production parallel phase.
- Validated Test Plans and Test Scripts, assisted the QA team in UAT and testing of the application in the form of Business Requirements Document.
- Segmented data in real-time from Crystal Reports and access predefined segments, such as mobile visitors, right in the user interface.
- Used personalized dashboards, alerts, and bookmarks in order to deliver snapshots of key performance indicators (KPIs) for online marketing initiatives.
- Utilized Web Analytics to analyze the online trends about frequently visited pages. Tracked the ROI (Return on Investment) and user statistics.
- Created SQL scripts for Audit/Clean up and to validate Data Quality.
- Produced graphical depictions of Use Cases via Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Use Case Diagrams, Wireframes, etc.
- Collaborated with user interface web designers to create screen layouts with emphasis on user friendliness, clarity and consistency with applications and standards.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, Crystal Reports, Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest, SQL.Confidential, Las Vegas
- Conducted JAD session with different teams like business side and technical side to identify and gathered high level requirements and evaluated the priority level on the basis of meeting discussions and comments on requirements.
- Developed a vision plan that defined the primary goals and objectives of the project. Analyzed User Stories and segregated them into high level and low level.
- Prepared product backlog working with product owner and other SME as well as prioritized user stories and assigned to different sprints. Facilitated daily stand ups and managed task board with User Stories and board as well as prepared and tracked Burndown Charts and Velocity Charts for timely delivery of projects.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC Methodology. Used Scrum Work Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Experience in designing and defining User Interface requirements and visual patterns by creating Wireframes, Screen Mockups, and Story Boards.
- Strong understanding about user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design principles and users centered methodology.
- Developed user guides, provides user training, and supported the users in development of work processes.
- Worked with offshore underwriter team who was actually verifying the healthcare claims before submission to different insurance company.
- Maintained Change and Traceability Matrix throughout the project keeping track of the scope, timelines and budget of the project as well as collaborated with development team to determine the security access and its tracking to ensure privacy of end-users.
- Wrote various SQL queries to create, update, modify tables, create reports, and retrieve information from the database.
- Created application specific Test Plans and Test Case to support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Provided weekly status updates to project stakeholders on the progress of project development activities.
- Worked with development team to create advance claim submission process for Medicare and Medicaid patients as well as EDI transaction such as 837 (P, I, D), 835, and 276/277.
- Prepared scope of the project and developed new business process along with process mapping and user task analysis.
- Garnered information and knowledge on ICD-9 & 10 and HIPAA 4010/5010 as well as Developed the transaction process more accurate and real time regarding 837 including HIPAA compliance, and also integrated the system with HL7 process.
- Used Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to extract useful information regarding patients for claim submission to the insurance company.
Environment: Agile, MS Project, MS SQL 2008, HP Quality Center, HTML, MS Visio, MS SharePoint.Confidential, CA
- Participated with the business process team to understand process maps, requirement documents, and desk level procedures.
- Responsible for Data Manipulation and Data Validation using SQL queries in MS SQL Server.
- Interacted with data architects and data modelers for designing logical & physical data models, developed data strategy, associated policies, entity-relationship diagrams using ERWIN data model tool.
- Involved in designing and creating Tables, Views, complex Stored Procedures and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Executed SQL Statements to extract Data from Tables to verify the output Data of the reports.
- Helped with building ICD-9 to ICD-10 crosswalk map by grouping thousands of codes and ranges in Clinical, Benefits, Financial, Medical policy waves.
- Designed detailed FRD according to BRD and Basel regulatory requirements using Power Designer.
- Worked within a growing environment of X 12 4010/5010 HIPAA Transaction Processing 837 I, P, D, 835, 834, 820, 270, 271, 276, 277, 278, EDI, Privacy, Security, and Medicaid.
- Participated in Project Planning Tools, Workflows, Process Diagrams and GAP Analysis.
- Developed Business Process Flow Diagrams, Activity Diagrams. Sequence and Use Case Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Participated in the analysis of client business processes and functional requirements and in the preparation of appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Supported Business CMS Case Development.
- Provided evidence of Test Execution in Quality Center (QC).
- Provided testing information and reporting out on testing activity and test summary reporting.
- Participated in ICD-9 to ICD-10 codes conversion requirement gathering sessions and created High-Level Business Requirements Documents (BRD’s).
- Conducted Brainstorming Sessions to gather Business Requirements from Market Risk Group, Risk Reporting Team and other stakeholders (PMEs, Compliance, etc.).
- Conducted Gap Analysis of the features and functionality of current platform version and new version to determine the new functions to be updated.
Environment: Tableau, Business Objects, MS Visio, MS Project, DB2, Doors, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SQL Server, UNIX, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint, HP Quality Center, WebEx.Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
- Translated the Business Needs into System Requirements, communicated with the Business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view.
- Designed and developed Project Document Templates based on SDLC methodology.
- Developed Business Requirement Document as well as High-Level Project Plan.
- Functioned as a primary liaison between the Business Line, Operations, and the Technical Areas throughout the Project Cycle.
- Developed Functional Specification Document and Supplementary Specification (Non-Functional) Document.
- Incorporated Rational Unified Process (RUP) to create Requirement Document Specifications using Visible Analyst.
- Helped with data modeling and defining the conceptual and logical model of the data warehouse.
- Implemented data access, storage and validation routines on the database server using Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL).
- Conducted one-on-one interviews with Portfolio Manager to gather Business Requirements and was involved in the documentation of Business Requirement Documents.
- Assisted the Project Manager in setting realistic project expectations and in evaluating the impact of changes on the organization.
- Extensively uploaded Test Cases from MS Excel, MS Word to Test Director & Quality Center.
- Identified internal and external system Requirements, Design and Configuration Set-Up.
- Developed strategic partnerships with the Business Units to develop a solid knowledge base of the Business Line including the Business Plan, Products and Process.
- Participated in the Logical and Physical Design sessions and developed Design Documents.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA Testing and Report/Data Validation.
- Partnered with the Technical Areas in the research and resolution of System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Created and executed test plans for SmartStream, Cognos, and Oracle users.
- Worked with Quality Control Teams to develop Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Developed User Manuals, and Training Manuals as per Project Specifications and timelines.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, UML, .NET, RUP, SQL, Cognos, Oracel, Smart Stream.