- 8 years of experience in Information Technology Industry as Sr. Business Analyst in Retail, E - commerce and Banking domains. Solid experience analyzing business needs, developing product requirements, launching IT tools and systems and realize significant revenue gains.
- My superior communication and problem-solving skills allow me to excel in driving teams through all facets of project life cycles and ensuring optimal results.
- Worked in industry standard Software Development Life Cycle methodologies like Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid with understanding of Extreme Programming and Spiral model.
- Experienced in using different techniques for requirement elicitation such as brainstorming, JAD sessions, observations, job shadowing, one on one interviews, prototyping, and requirements & document analysis.
- Facilitated various Scrum ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Daily Scrum and Backlog Grooming to improve the team’s performance while focusing towards a Sprint Goal.
- Experienced in working with vendor e-commerce tools helping construct and integrate in-house e-commerce applications with Business-to-business (B2B) and Business-to-consumer (B2C) sales of tangible goods.
- Excellent Business writing skills in BRD, FRD, FSD, Technical Specifications document, SRS and process flows using UML diagrams such as use cases, activity, sequence and data flow diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in performing GAP Analysis, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Feasibility Study, Root Cause Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Impact Analysis for planning and execution of business decisions.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience on Distribution Management Systems (DMS), Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Order Management Systems (OMS) for Omni-Channel Retailers.
- Hands on experience in configuring AWS services like S3, EC2, VPC, Redshift, EMR, Security groups, Kinesis firehose, CloudWatch, Lambda, RDS, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk, Dynamodb, SNS and Glacier.
- Cultivated experience in working with different web services such as HTML, WSDL, SOAP, UDDI, REST, JSON under various architectures like Three-Tier Architecture and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Participated extensively in User Acceptance Testing, Black-Box testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, Load/Stress testing, Unit testing, Regression testing, End-to-End testing and Integration testing.
- Knowledge of Database concepts including Data Warehousing, Dimensional modeling, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), Data Marts, OLAP operations: Drill-Down, Roll-Up, Slicing and Dicing.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries using joins, unions, outer joins, group by and aggregate functions to extract data from different databases (Oracle, SQL Server) for timely reporting and Validation.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile-Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall-Scrum Hybrid, XP, Spiral.
Requirement Management: Atlassian-JIRA, CA Agile, and HP-ALM.
Project Management Tools: TFS, MS Project, MS SharePoint Server, Confluence.
Modeling Tools: MS Visio, Draw.io, Google Drawings.
Testing Tools: HP Quality center, Selenium, Load Runner, Cucumber.
ETL Tools: Informatica Power Center 8.x/9.x, SSIS.
Web Service: SOAP, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, WSDL, WADL, XSD, DOM.
Reporting Tools: SSAS, Tableau Desktop, IBM Cognos, MS office suite and Google Analytics.
Languages: C, Java, HTML, CSS, SQL.
Databases: MySQL Server 2012, Oracle, DynamoDb.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7,8,10, Mac OS, Linux
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Sr. Business Analyst
- User Requirements gathering by interacting with stakeholders and business users using JAD and One to One interviews techniques to get a better understanding of the domain and current system.
- Elicited and analyzed the business requirements of client implementing Customer relationship management (CRM) module to maintain around 20 million records of customer data on a monthly basis.
- Performed project management activities for client's requirements and authored Business process documentation, business requirement documentation (BRD) and customer requirement specifications.
- Coordinated and prioritized outstanding defects and enhancement/system requests based on business requirements, allowing sufficient time frame to ensure accuracy and diligently consider deadlines.
- Monitored client expectations through client involvement and communication throughout the lifecycle of the project, educate clients and stakeholders on the benefits and risks associated with the project.
- Collected, stored and analyzed data needed for supply chain metrics in identification of root cause for continuous performance improvement, and depicted this information as historical performance trends.
- Involved with the management, Development and the QA Team members in the Project Planning Phase.
- Lead and provided direction to development team in understanding and implementing requirements.
- Involved in the formulation of Test Plan that contained test scenarios for all the phases of Quality Testing including functional, navigation, security, recovery, regression, acceptance and performance testing.
- Utilized AGILE, Scrum methodology for product development and Product Backlog documentation, wrote User Stories based on INVEST criteria and documented the Sprint Backlog and technical backlog.
- Executed SQL queries to test the database for records that detect pricing and product label filters.
- Worked closely with the development team to troubleshoot bugs using defect tracking tool JIRA.
- Managed all the requirements in JIRA, making requirements available to all team members.
- Involved during the User-Acceptance Testing of the application and interacted with end-users, management and development team in order analyze the risk involved in the updating of the existing system.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Leading requirement elicitation sessions using a variety of facilitation techniques like JAD sessions, focus groups, document review, interviews, brainstorming sessions and job shadowing techniques.
- Analyzed and identified user needs by creating as-is and to-be documents, process flows, wire frame models, developed working prototypes, modelling mock up screens and conducting requirements validation sessions.
- Collaborated with users and development team identifying possible solutions to cater to various user needs.
- Performed Requirement Analysis and developed Use Cases, Activity Diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Performed Data mapping, logical modeling, created class and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter.
- Coordinated various kinds of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) including regression testing, system testing, integration testing, functional testing, alpha & beta testing to ensure the software conformed to requirements.
- Authored test plans, test cases for various test scenarios and helped testing team to understand the test scripts.
- Worked with the IBM team in setting up SAS server boxes and scheduling data loads to help with CRM.
- Worked with DB teams in setting up connections to DAS modules to improve data flow between systems.
- Responsible for obtaining sign-offs and maintaining open communication with stakeholders of the project.
- Served as the point of contact with various testing, implementation and regression teams within Best Buy.
- Served as the Release Management point of escalation for the project team while coordinating with the PM.
Environment: Scrum, Confidential Visio, RUP, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), UML, Adobe Photoshop, MySql, SharePoint 2013, HP QC/ALM.Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Business Analyst
- Elicited database and reporting requirements by facilitating JAD sessions, conducting interviews, and brainstorming with the business owners, stakeholders and development team for the data warehouse.
- Created Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Involved in performing Risk Analysis and creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) with Project Manager.
- Created data flow diagram and use case diagram to understand the system who involved in the project.
- Created logical and physical model for the system, worked along with system architect to draw the Bus Matrix.
- Identified and analyzed source database and cardinalities for creating conceptual and logical ER diagram.
- Conducted data profiling after identifying the source data using Informatica IDQ for statistical analysis.
- Created data mapping document after identifying facts and dimensions. Helped database developer in creating star dimension modelling and to create target database, master key and user’s as per the product owner requirements.
- Used Informatica in identifying business rules, and defining passive and active transformations like constant, look-up, data type conversion and data transformation which in turn are moved to data warehouse.
- Worked along with ETL developers using Informatica Workflow Manager, by assisting them in Extraction, Transformation, and Loading operations. Also, worked on ETL document and monitored ETL logs.
- Facilitated different testing with respect to Teradata and was responsible for creating and monitoring Requirements traceability matrix, test cases, test plans, defining User Acceptance criteria and tracking defects.
- Assisted in developing OLAP cubes and Performed Rollup, Drill down, Slice and Dice operations.
- Responsible for creating dashboards and customized visualizations to present the reports as per business requirements that helped in strategic decisions and validated reports using Power BI.
Environment: Scrum-Waterfall-Hybrid, Visio, TFS, HP ALM, MySQL DB, Teradata, SSRS, MS Office, Informatica IDQ, Informatica Workflow Manager and Power BI.Confidential, Wisconsin
Sr. Business Analyst
- Performed Gap Analysis to identify the deficiencies of the current business systems and to identify the requirements for the change in the system to analyze the As-Is and To-Be to generate business requirements.
- Facilitated JAD Sessions, Interviews sessions, Survey/Questionnaire and Focus Groups to Elicit Requirements with various stakeholders, business users and SME’s for understanding the requirements.
- Collaborated with various business departments and IT through effective communication to develop business use cases associated with new project requests and associated workflows for better understanding the system.
- Drafted Business Requirement Document (BRD) for the specific business requirements and Functional Specification Document (FSD) capture the functional requirements better understand the domain and system.
- Extensively used SQL scripts/queries for data verification at the backend as per the requirements.
- Actively assisted the product owner in prioritizing the product backlog as per the maximum business value, grooming User Stories in planning activities using INVEST criteria and prepared the test cases.
- Participated in various Scrum ceremonies like Sprint Planning Meeting, Daily Stand-up Meeting, Sprint Review Meeting, Sprint Retrospective Meeting, and Backlog Grooming and achieved towards a release goal.
- Extensively used JIRA to record and maintain the artifacts such as Product backlogs, Sprint backlogs, user stories / Data stories, Impediments list, tasks, defects and issue tracking using customized Jira Query Language.
- Maintained and created end-to-end testing strategy and enterprise wide test cases for Subject Matter Expert Testing (UAT), assisted in Systems Integration Testing (SIT) and routing the test cases to user stories.
- Generated reports using Tableau for understanding the trends as well as to analyze patterns as per regions and predicting probability of occurrence for a better data visualization as per the business requirements.
Environment: Scrum, Visio, Jira, MySQL DB, Tableau, MS Office suite, SharePoint and Selenium.Confidential
- Elicited requirements on Web Application, and types of Data sources and Reports from different Business Owners, Stakeholders and development teams by facilitating Interviews, re-engineering and JAD session.
- Assisted Project Manager in creating Project deliverables, milestones, resource estimation and WBS.
- Defined the business rules by working with subject matter experts using ‘if’ and ‘then’ statements. Performed Document Analysis to know the As-Is system and created To-Be system by conducting GAP Analysis, broke down the Business requirement document into user stories by conducting workshops with the team, assisted in writing the acceptance criteria for the user stories with the help of scrum master.
- Provided ad-hoc support to risk managers to help them better understand the behavior of the models.
- Created data mapping document by performing data analysis and traceability mapping.
- Addressed all aspects of the loan life cycle, starting from identifying a prospective client to the loan closure.
- Worked with developers in creating Data Models with fact and dimension tables using snow-flake schema.
- Handled several SQL queries by involving in data integrity testing and manipulating the data in Data Migration from a legacy server to new server and performed Joins, Unions, Alias and SQL server functions.
- Identified system interfaces, User-Interfaces, middle tier and backend interfaces and created the requirements specification document and assisted in developing test plans, test scripts and test cases.
- Involved in creation of UAT cases and plans, defect tracking using Jira and validated reports.
- Involved in Scrum ceremonies like Sprint planning, Sprint backlog grooming and Sprint retrospective, and converted High level requirements like Epics into user stories by using Vertical Slicing.
- Involved in Backlog grooming sessions, helped scrum master in conflict and resolution management.
- Aided testing team in by creating testing artifacts like test cases, test scripts and test scenarios.
- Served as the point of contact with various testing, implementation and regression teams within the org.
- Participated along with stakeholders in user acceptance testing (UAT) and aligned the HLD accordingly.
- Assisted Web services team in designing REST services and configuring WSDL extensively.
- We Used Test Driven Development (TDD) and Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) techniques for building the application components, and performed Automated Testing using Selenium.
Environment: Scrum, Java, Oracle, UML, Test Director, Windows UNIX, Confidential Office suite, MS Visio, MS Project, HP ALM, Selenium and SQL server 2005.Confidential
Java UI Developer
- Involved with requirement gathering for UI layer along with business analyst and stakeholders.
- Involved in maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix and writing test cases for UI modules.
- Designed and Developed presentation layer and business logic in Java for 3 modules and created technical documentation.
- Created customizable streaming watch list functionality for streaming live quotes for equity stocks.
- Worked on bug fixing and enhancements for change requests as and when business requested.
- Conducted database design, requirement analysis, and development, testing of Mutual Funds and Options.
- Created web services to provide services to external systems and consumed external web services using.
- Involved in creating Test Specification Document collaboratively with the help of Tech. Lead.
- Created SQL queries for Data manipulation and Data Definition language and JDBC code to integrate.
- Employed JDBC connectors to establish connection with database and write queries using XML format.
- Identified and removed bottlenecks during the performance testing of the product and in turn improved the performance of the project by 10% and also load of the system were well balanced.
- Working extensively with other developers, Quality Assurance teams and implementation teams in order to review the implementation phase of the project and provided production support after the release.
- Worked to solve critical issues and improve performance, which led to a reduction in startup time of the product from 1min 25 sec to 14 seconds and monitored Interns for their performance review.
Java UI Developer
- Worked extensively with CSS background, layout, position, text, border, padding, pseudo classes, and elements and used CSS to make the website dynamic.
- Developed page layouts, navigations and presented designs and concepts to the clients for review.
- Extensively used jQuery in implementing various GUI components in application portal.
- Worked on jQuery to make dropdown menus on web pages and display part of a web page upon request.
- Involved in providing pseudo application level code to interact with APIs, Web Services using AJAX, JSON and XML.
- Responsible for the design of client websites right from the conceptualization stage to its implementation and maintenance.
- Handled all aspects of the web application including maintaining, testing, debugging and deploying.
- Attended daily team meetings to keep track of the progress of the project.
- Responsible for writing reports, interpersonal communication and documentation work