- Seasoned Business Analyst with experience in managing, supporting, and integrating enterprise solutions with strong knowledge in front - end and backend architecture. Industry domain: Mortgage, Banking & Finance.
- Seasoned in Agile, Waterfall SDLC methodologies with experience in managing, supporting, and integrating enterprise solutions with strong knowledge in front-end and backend architecture.
- Proficient in development of dynamic reports with drill-up/drill-down, drill-through, charts and creation of complex metadata models having filters in Framework Manager with durable model techniques and layered approach.
- Experienced in gathering user requirements, analyzing and preparing Project Deliverables such as Project Charter, Communications Matrix, Business Requirement and Functional System Design, Change Control, and Process Improvement
- Extensive experience in interaction with business user, understanding their requirement and delivering reports and other permission related solutions in time
- Documented the objectives, constraints and scope of the system
- Performed Gap Analysis for new functionality requirements, as well as prioritized them based on actual business needs so as to align them with the product release roadmap
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project
- Involved in review of Test Plans, Test Cases with the QA team to verify implementation of new features and enhancements.
- Proven ability to bridge technology and business goals to provide productive solutions. User training and UAT coordination.
- Proven ability to successfully analyze an organizations critical business requirements, identify deficiencies and potential opportunities and develop innovative BI solutions for pursuing opportunities and improving productivity.
Confidential, Foster City
- Participated in Business Strategy session to recommend right BI tools and features.
- Gather requirements, analyze the feasibility and understand the business process, gathering different data sources and creatively designing the metrics system to help business have critical information on hand.
- Worked with Business users to understand the user requirements, layout, and look and feel of the application to be developed.
- Data blending implemented on Hadoop-Hive databases and generated interactive Tableau dashboards.
- Created adhoc reports for users in Tableau by connecting various data sources/extracts.
- Handled Tableau admin activities granting access, managing extracts and Groups.
- Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau/OBIEE adhoc reports.
- Generated Tableau dashboards with combination charts for clear understanding.
- Provide exceptional consulting services, helping clients develop and optimize data layers, fulfilling new data requirements by incorporating additional data flows and sources.
- Providing diagnostics and troubleshooting end user issues.
- Participated in the walkthroughs of the data models, ETL specifications, identification of dimensional attributes, Facts and Star Schema, Hive and Hadoop data modeling to fulfill requirements.
- Provide Solutions to design new Schema to facilitate better reporting.
- Create Project plan and traceability matrix to track project progress.
Business Analyst/Tableau Developer
Confidential, San Francisco,
- Understanding and gathering Business requirements from the client.
- Experience understanding of Data Modeling (Dimensional &Relational) on concepts like Star-Schema, Snow flake schema using fact and Dimension tables and related databases (Oracle).
- Defining the data sources and creation of Dashboards.
- Publishing, Scheduling and refreshing reports in Tableau server.
- Setting priority to the reports.
- Organizing reports in Tableau server.
- Collaborated virtually with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather input and content for WebEx presentations and trainings; host and facilitate WebEx trainings and project meetings.
- Interacting with the client at onsite on regular basis to clarify any queries regarding the functionality.
- Document and track all issues for root cause identification and resolution.
- Importing data from different data sources into Tableau.
- Developing and modifying the Model in the Tableau 8.2.
- Designing and developing the Reports in Tableau Desktop and Publishing to the Tableau Server.
- Scheduling and refreshing reports in Tableau server.
- Incorporating changes in the Reports as per the business requirements
- Performance tuning for reports using context filter and queries.
- Document and track all issues for root cause identification and resolution using Jira.
- Involved in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure that business objectives were met.
- Gathered Business Requirements by interacting with the Users, Designers and Developers, Project Manager to get a better understanding of the Business Processes.
- Evaluated solutions for business problems/bottlenecks and evaluated alternate methods to increase efficiency and improve control. Analyzed and documented information system requirements and the corresponding impact on business processes.
- Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) across the deliverables of a project.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and well experienced in interacting with individuals at all levels.
- Consulted with users, resolved problem to meet specific technical and business needs.
- Conducted functional walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
Confidential, Pittsburg, PA
- Interviewed subject matter experts by asking detailed questions in the form of JAD sessions and carefully recording the requirements.
- Gathered and analyzed data in support of SOP’s, business use cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements for mortgage loan processing application.
- Worked on the functionality of Credit Risk, Operational risk and regulatory exposure that were all integrate to the accounting system to provide access to total exposure by closing coordinators for decision making, while using Loan documentation packages and performed functional testing on these.
- Analyzed integrated modules including Loan approval, Lean Clearance, credit validation, mortgage option, decision maker and various other modules in the system.
- Performed analysis on enhancements made to the amortization table interfaces in the existing mortgage web application.
- Used MS Visio and Balsamic to represent the system under development in a graphical form by defining use case diagrams, activity diagrams, Wireframe and workflow diagrams.
- Created functional prototypes with the UI team based on user requirements and presenting those wire frames to the development and test team for their understanding during the review meetings.
Environment: s: SQL Server 2008, Windows, HP Quality Center, MS Visio
- Conducted business research by gathering data, identifying options, performing cost-benefit analysis and business case to prepare project charter for each phase.
- Manage design, development, and implementation of project phase to include, but not limited to gathering and defining the project requirements.
- Worked in an Agile SDLC environment. Acted, developed burn down chart, project backlog and release backlog.
- Worked on creating the product backlog and the Sprint backlog.
- Was responsible for prioritizing user stories from Product backlog.
- Worked closely with information systems team, leveraging knowledge of the business needs, to help scope, design, and implement new systems within the organization
- Work with cross-functional process team members to ensure that best practices and central application infrastructure is leveraged.