I have more than 10 years of experience in Information Technology as a Business Analyst and Designer with JAVA J2EE experience in various sectors of business. I have experience in process re-design, application testing and auditing, project management, technical writing/documentation, and support of various client/server, mainframe, Unix, Web, voice response (VRU), and interactive voice (IVR) applications. I also have experience in gathering and analyzing requirements and preparing specifications.
Interacting with clients and end users to understand the requirements and specifications for new applications along with re-engineering the existing applications.
Excellent writing skills in preparing business requirements documents (BRDs), system requirement specifications (SRS), system design specifications (SDS), functional specifications, and defining project plans.
Technical skills include PL/SQL, ASP.NET, HTML.
Experienced in the analysis and design of applications using OOAD techniques, UML and design patterns.
Hands on experience with IBM Rational software integrated tools like Requisite Pro, Rational Rose for requirements management and analysis use case development, business and data modeling.
In depth knowledge of RUP’s Iterative Software Development Life Cycle process (SLDC) at all stages.
Familiar with HIPPA, SOX and Capability Maturity Model (CMM).
Conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and verifying performance, reliability and fault tolerance issues. Also familiar with testing tools to design and develop test plans and test scripts.
Creative and innovative thinker, with excellent communication skills bringing energy, enthusiasm and leadership to problem resolution.
Methodologies: SLDC, RUP, Agile, SWOT
Databases: Oracle 9i/8i, SharePoint Server 2003, SharePoint Server 2009
SharePoint Server 2010, ShareSybase SQL Server,
MS Access, MS SQL Server2000
Testing Tool: TestDirector, HP Quality Center, QuickTest Pro, LoadRunner
Requirement Management Tools: RequisitePro, CaliberRM, DOORS
Project Management Tools: Primavera Project Planner (P3), SharedPlan, MS Project
Server 2003, MS Project Server 2009, MS Project Server
Business Analyst 10/2011 to 12/2011
- Work with business and information technology teams throughout the requirements, design, coding, testing, and install phases to ensure changes were implemented successfully.
- Manage development and execution of communications surrounding all releases and changes to documentation.
- Review and follow deployment instructions provided by the development team.
- Produce Release package including Change description and Release notes.
- Interact with field and headquarters Limited Proof of Concept (LPOC) participants to capture input on performance of International Trade Data System/Risk Assessment Methodology (ITDS/RAM) application functionality, defects and high value enhancements.
- Track and correct incidents using Quality Center for ITDS/RAM.
- Work with developers to prepare regular reports and recommendations to the Change Control Board (CCB).
- Wrote Release Management procedures and provide training for CPSC staff in release management for the Data Manager and ITDS/RAM targeting Application.
Technologies: RequisitePro, MS Project Server 2010, ITDS/RAM, ClearQuest, SharePoint Server 2010, Quality Center
- Perform systems analysis and design, translating business requirements into technical specifications. Proactively identify and communicate process and system improvement ideas to IT or business.
- Interact with Subject Matter Experts (SME)s, organizing and facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and interview stakeholders at various levels.
- Gather requirements and prepare business requirement documents (BRD).
- Document User Interface requirements, Use Case diagrams, Use Case specifications and actively participating in system design discussions.
- Maintained and tracked requirements and specifications through requirements traceability matrix and configuration modification thru the software development life cycle.
- Wrote Modernized System Operation Manual (MSOM) for Registration of Most Everyone (ROME).
- Track and correct incidents using Quality Center.
- Interact with developers, testers and conduct requirement walkthroughs.
- Work on reverse engineering.
Technologies: RequisitePro, MS Project Server 2010, IBM Sharp using Websphere, SharePoint Server 2010, Quality Center
Confidential01/2008 to 03/2011
- Captured, defined, analyzed and translated functional and non-functional business requirements into functional and non-functional business requirements into activity diagrams, system use cases and prepared business requirement documents (BRD).
- Responsible for translating BRD into functional specifications and test plans. Closely coordinated with both business users and developers for arriving at a mutually acceptable solution.
- Conducted JAD sessions to define the project and to reduce the time frame required to complete deliverables.
- Used rational Rose/MS Office Suite for creating use cases, workflows and sequence diagrams according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Defined Use cases from requirements and helped convert them into software specifications.
- Aided in workflow analysis and process design.
- Created test scenarios for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Tracked incidents using TestDirector and reporting
- Maintained documents for change request and implemented procedures for testing changes.
Technologies: Rational Rose, MS Project Server 2009, Oracle9i, SharePoint Server 2009, Windows NT/XP, Business Objects, Java, UML, Web sphere 5.1, Tag Libraries
Business Analyst/PL SQL Programmer
- Assumed ownership and resolved over two dozen code anomalies to existing ASP3 application that provided a web based file folder application. Code fixes involved investigating and fixing ASP code, JAVA Script code and SQL statements.
- Responsible for analysis, designing and coding of the database.
- Conducted JAD sessions for effective communication of views between stakeholders and gathered business requirements.
- Communicated and interacted on a regular basis with the project manager and development team during different stages of the project life cycle.
- Ensured that all the artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines.
- Prepare BRD and converted into functional specifications using requirement management tool.
- Prepared Business Process Models that depicted modeling of all the activities of the business from the conceptual to procedural level.
- Updated System Change Request (SCR) forms for Product Data Management (PDM).
- Used prototypes to demonstrate and verify the behavior of the system.
- Provided technical and procedural support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Traced test cases and functional specifications to Software System Requirements (SSR) and Business Process Requirements (BPR) using DOORS.
- Handled client problems and troubleshoot and fixed bugs.
Business Analyst 12/1996 to 07/2003
- Participated in all Omniplus system implementation, enhancements and testing including IVR for Investor services
- Used agile systems and strategies to provide quick and feasible solutions, based on agile system, to the organization.
- Interfaced with internal and external clients continuously to maintain effective communication and coordination.
- Coordinated activities with software developers, stakeholders, project managers and software testers.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Performed Regression Testing and created test scenarios for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Provided technical and procedural support for User Acceptance Testing.
Technologies: MS Office Suite, RequisitePro, HTML, OmniCash
Bachelor of Science in Business