- Sr. Business Analyst with 8 years of experience in business process analysis/modeling, business requirements gathering, database design and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications.
- Hands - on experience in eliciting and documenting Business Requirements, developing Use Cases as inspired by interactions with relevant stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodology, Use Cases, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Processes, Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/D).
- Worked with Rational Suite of tools to create requirements documents (Requisite Pro), visual data models (Rose), manage and track defects (Clear Quest).
- Competent in Creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) Diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Navigational Flows, Story Boards, UI Specifications and Sequence Diagrams.
- Executed Business Analysis & Supply Chain Methodologies and Iterative Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) especially in relation to all the phases of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Rational Unified Process (RUP), and Agile Processes (SCRUM).
- Functional experience with Use Case modeling (UML), Business Process Modeling, Data Modeling, Change Management, Technical Training, Software Development methodologies, QA testing, and Systems Testing of client-server and web-based systems.
- Experienced in Designing, Creating and maintaining the Universes, Business Object Reports, WEBI Reports and Domains (Security, Universe, Document) in Business Objects.
- Results-oriented Joint Application Development (JAD) Facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong Experience in Test Plans Development, Test Conditions, Test Cases, Test Data Creation and analysis.
- Experienced in conducting GAP analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), SWOT Analysis, Risk Analysis, Mitigation Plan, Cost Benefit Analysis and ROI Analysis.
- Well versed in preparing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Defect Reports using HP Quality Centre and other testing tools.
- Proficiency in preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix and Project Change Requests.
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Black Box Testing and Unit Testing.
- Expert in conducting Requirement Gathering Sessions, Feasibility, Impact Analysis, Cost and Benefit Analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Risk Analysis.
- Tracked, prioritized and documented bugs, defects, failures and eliminated redundancies.
Sr. Business Analyst
Confidential, St. Louis Park, MN
- Followed Agile SCRUM methodology for the project. Created User Stories & Burn Down Chart; conducted Daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Sprint Retrospective Meetings as well as managed the sprint backlogs.
- Conducted GAP Analysis by documenting existing technologies, analyzed the existing and expected processes and documented the enhancements to meet the end-user requirements.
- Interviewed project stakeholders to understand the business needs and gather application requirements to document BRD. Converted the requirements into System Specifications and documented SRS.
- Gathered specifications for Assumption Rule Builder to maintain them for cash flow forecasting.
- Played a vital role in creating aggregation calculator, assumption rule builder and user interface.
- Partnered with SME's from Investment, Commercial, Personal Banking and Regulatory Departments to prepare high-level documents for data sourcing and transformation.
- Dealt with complex SQL queries for creating user reports, data extracts, and issues investigation.
- Built data mapping document by mapping the data sources, target tables and business logic rules to setup the ETL load process for the Data Warehouse and developed Data Dictionaries and Metadata documents.
- Worked with market data feeds from Bloomberg, Reuters, and Interactive Data for reference -data and market data. Built data mapping document mapping the data source to underlying oracle database along with needed business rules to implement quality control
- Applied UML methodology guidelines to create Use Case Diagrams, Written Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Screen Layouts, Wireframes, State Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams and Business Workflows.
- Supported DBAs by defining and analyzing the data requirements to build ER (Entity Relationship) Diagram identifying the entities, relationships, data attributes and data integrity rules.
- Assisted Project Manager in performing several project management activities such as maintaining project plan, project scope, project charter, change management and idea creation request after feasibility analysis.
- Worked as a liaison between End Users and Technical Team keeping Stakeholders up-to-date on weekly progress which enabled them to remain abreast with system issues, timelines and planned activities.
- Facilitated various JAD sessions with SMEs & Business Users to gather requirements by asking right set of questions, analyzed & documented end requirements.
- Collaborated with QA team in building Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Scripts. Conducted Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, GUI Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and supported UAT.
- Performed Functional Testing to prove out LCR calculations for multiple line of business by using excel model.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix throughout the life of the project in order to back trace the business requirements/design specs to the test cases to successfully ensure 100% coverage.
- Chaired weekly meetings with technical team to discuss work plans, open issues and backlogs and generated bi-weekly reports for stakeholders on project status.
Environment: JIRA, MS Office, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, Oracle 11g, SQL, Java, IBM Cognos, Agile, SQL, Quality Center, Win Runner, QTP, Confluence, iLog, DOORS, Rally, Documentum, TOAD.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Stamford, CT
- Worked with customers and external account managers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans.
- Worked with appropriate Stakeholders to identify and coordinate new IT system developments and/or enhancements.
- Researched ideas to identify the most sought-after functionalities for mobile application.
- Worked closely with Stakeholders to compile User Stories to outline the main features in mobile applications.
- Coordinated project management activities with the project manager to ensure timelines and milestones for various project phases were met.
- Conducted research to find out the top 3 devices for each platform and mainly focused on those devices for mobile application.
- Experience in Web Testing in Retail/E-Commerce projects with different browsers and O/S.
- Created process flows for various processes outlining the difference across multiple platforms.
- Created various project artifacts including Requirement Traceability Matrix, Process Flows, Data Flows, and Use Case Documents to support the implementation of mobile application for multiple mobile platforms including IOS, Android, and Windows. Highlighted the similarities and differences.
- Performed extensive Requirement Analysis including Data Analysis and GAP Analysis.
- Created supplemental specifications, effective agendas, and related process flows using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for efficient formalized reviews and walkthroughs. Designed and developed Use Case Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, and Process Flow Diagrams.
- Created & maintained UAT Test Plan for mobile application testing. Maintained the versions of UAT Test Plan for reference.
- Conducted JAD sessions and gathering software requirements and Business intelligence rules.
- Created User Guides for UAT testers and other users to explain the new features of mobile application. Also highlighted some of the differences across various mobile platforms and devices.
Environment: Quality Center (ALM), Rational Rose, XML, HTML, Windows XP, Business Objects, MS Visio, MS Excel, SharePoint, MS Project, JIRA.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Interviewed business users, project stakeholders, compliance, SMEs, and other stakeholders to gather, analyze and document requirements followed by translating them into system specifications and documenting SRS.
- Adopted Agile SCRUM Methodology principles all through the SDLC.
- Executed several project management activities - Work Breakdown Structure, Schedule Management, Budget Forecast, Resources & Deliverables Planning and Scope Management.
- Worked with various internal data feeds and mapped them to the database for de-risking initiative - created data mapping documents to set-up ETL process to load data into target table in underlying database.
- Assisted development teams in Data Transformation, Data Mapping, and Data Derivation logic definitions.
- Identified key pain areas, obtained data from multiple diverse systems & sources and finally collated all information to support the objective analysis & design.
- Used SQL on database for performing Data Analysis and generating Excel based reports.
- Conducted data analysis in performing complex SQL queries and analysis.
- Performed SQL queries to retrieve data, validate data, and build user reports all through the project.
- Performed Gap Analysis to develop, document and analyze “Current” and “TO-BE” business processes - to develop migration strategy for transitioning from legacy-to-new platform.
- Organized JAD Sessions with users to brainstorm, explore options, and weigh approaches.
- Documented Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Swim Lane Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, and Process Flow Diagrams following Unified Modeling Language (UML) guidelines.
- Developed Use Case Diagrams for every conceivable scenario.
- Assisted DBA team to develop ER diagrams - defining entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules.
- Performed testing against all Business Requirements, System Specifications, and Use Cases.
- Supported the testing team to develop Test Plan, Test Cases, and Test Scripts to ensure that test scenarios reflect user’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Identified, developed, executed, tracked all functional and performance test scripts, detected & addressed all gaps and finally troubleshoot issues to ensure complete coverage.
- Assisted QA team in conducting various types of testing - Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, and facilitated User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with system users in testing front-end tools.
- Managed end-to-end defect tracking lifecycle - logging defects, generating status reports, prioritizing defects, and maintaining defects log using JIRA.
- Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to map requirements of the project against stages in the development lifecycle and to track Test Cases throughout the testing phase.
Environment: Agile, SQL, JIRA, Oracle, MS Sharepoint, QTP, Windows, UML, Tivoli, UNIX, Quality Center (QC), MS Visio, QlikView, VB Script, OBIEE, Business Objects, MS Project, Clarity, Java, J2EE, TOAD.
Confidential, Bedford, MA
- The project followed Agile methodology, 90-day release cycles and 3-week sprints.
- Worked closely with Client by organizing and facilitating requirement gathering session to understand the requirements at start of the Scrum and prepared Use Case documents in the form of User Stories and maintained them in the Pivotal Tracker.
- Responsible for ensuring that business requirements were captured, documented, maintained and met throughout the life of the program.
- Created business cases for enhancement requirements, which may be as a result of either brainstorming sessions between the stakeholders, users and BA’s; through client feedback or both.
- Prepared “AS-IS” & “TO-BE” Diagrams to ensure that the business process was understood the right way for Migration of client data (Hospital data) from older to the new version.
- Interviewed the Subject Matter Experts (SME) and carefully recorded the requirements by asking questions and documented all the requirements so that they could be understood by both business people and technical teams.
- Held JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions to facilitate resolving of conflicts and to work on various issues, discussed the release notes for every build during the course of projects.
- Actively involved in SCRUM meetings discussing the implementation, integration of backlog modules considering the released version of software and best practices for solutions.
- Responsible for developing and reporting daily/weekly/monthly project status to project sponsors or management team.
- Developed Standard upgrade guides, procedures and presentations for major version upgrades.
- Guided and motivated the scrum team on the sprint goals and deliverables.
- Held walkthroughs with the developers and QA teams in order to create a better understanding of the system requirements.
- Designed mock-up User Interfaces and wireframes to communicate visual data flow to the end users with the help of MS Office tools and Visio.
- Interacted and effectively communicated with project managers, customers, and management team.
- Actively involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
- Worked on user training manuals and reference materials at the end of the project.
- Conducted training workshops and acted as first point of contact for support.
Environment: MS Visio, MS Office, UML, Agile, SQL Server, .NET C#, HL7, Mirth, WCF, Entity Framework.
Business Systems Analyst
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Developed various Use Cases to come up with the front-end application design.
- Worked with AML Analysts, SMEs and High-Level Regulatory Managers to identify data elements and report types.
- Performed GAP Analysis and analyzed EDI 837 (Health Care Claim) transaction from 4010 to 5010.
- Developed crosswalk between ICD-9 and ICD-10 to assist with transitioning to ICD-10 and identify the differences between the two versions.
- Conducted JAD sessions involving SMEs, Business Users, Data Administrators, System Architects, Managers and development team in order to create a good business process model.
- Identified the project scope, business objective, feasibilities and risks based on Scope/Vision documents.
- Used Requisite Pro to organize and catalog requirements.
- Created Data Flow Diagrams and Process Diagram using MS Visio.
- Developed Business Flow Diagrams, Use Cases and Activity Diagram.
- Assisted developers in creating Sequence Diagrams and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Generated Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and User Requirements Specifications (URS) that helped to guide the design of the application.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability matrix throughout the project.
- Reviewed Test Plans and Test Scripts developed by development team and QA team to made sure all requirements have been covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Identified bugs during the test phase and reported them using ALM.
- Helped in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Unit and System Integration testing (SIT).
Environment: MS SQL, RUP, MS Visio, MS Project, ALM, Windows.