More than thirty (30) years of Mainframe experience in Application Development and Design. Working knowledge of batch and online systems using various applications in mainframe environments.
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- COBOL, EZTRIEVE
- DB2, SQL, SPUFI
- VSAM z/OS, MVS, DOS/VSE
- Fileaid, Insync
- TSO, ISPF, REXX, CLIST, Edit Macros
- Confidential, Changeman
- Expediter (Online & Batch)
- SmartTest (Online)
- IBM’s DEBUG (Online & Batch)
- HP Quality Center
- MS Office (Excel, Word)
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Mainframe environment, IBM DEBUG, TSO, REXX, CLIST, Edit Macros, JCL, CICS, COBOL, VSAM, DB2.
- Insurance Customer care, rating, quoting and billing application.
- All new online enhancements and maintenance of the current application to meet the needs of new business and current business expansion. I’ve worked as a Programmer Analyst and as a Business Analyst when necessary.
- I’ve written High Level Designs and Detail Level Designs using available Business Requirement Documents.
- When they were not available, I researched and interacted with external clients to complete High Level Designs and Detail Level Designs.
- I’ve Managed the work of offshore personnel (India), guiding them in producing work based on the designs documents that I’ve written.
- I’ve Coded in COBOL, CICS, DB2/SQL, and VSAM.
- I’ve written Procedures, JCLs and Runbooks.
- I’ve documented Systems, tested, debugged and implemented various requests after users’ acceptance and approval of projects.
Confidential, FT Lauderdale, FL
- I've standardized security verification across the Confidential subsystems. I’ve added new enhancements and edits, and documented the Confidential subsystem.
- I've converted the City Master database.
- As a member of the Confidential team, I’ve implemented mostly new enhancements and maintenance of the online contract calculations and print modules in support of new tariffs mandated by local, national, and international laws.
- I investigated online Confidential and made recommendations.
- I’ve worked closely with users in the field to diagnose and expedite the correction of production problems.
- I've interfaced with an outside vendor, which provided a licensed product; a postal database, which is used to verify and cleans addresses interactively.
- I've installed a new release of the postal database, which involves the installation of new files from the vendor, modifying, recompiling, and testing application programs which called the vendor’s load modules.
Confidential, Coral Springs, FL
08/00 to 12/00 - Sr. Programmer/Analyst
- I was Responsible for the batch development to support existing reporting requirement and to support Confidential as a new client.
- I’ve written two COBOL programs to generate a printed report and format the report to be downloaded via Confidential to a FAX server.
- The report contains multiple Bank specific reports, which are then transmitted to each Bank’s respective client recipients.
- I wrote six additional COBOL programs in support of a new contract with Confidential .
- I participated in the design forums, worked closely with the Confidential project manager, and provided documented interfaces and handshakes.
- I wrote programs to accept uploaded data, edit and validate and to send acknowledgement back to Confidential .
Confidential, New York, NY
- In the Securities Maintenance area of the bank, I participated in a data scrubbing effort in preparation for the deployment of a Web-based portfolio analysis application.
- I was involved from the design through implementation exclusively on the mainframe side of a workstation-based application, which red spreadsheets, formatted, and uploaded to Mainframe for processing.
- In the Global Custody area of the bank, I was a member of the Confidential conversion project.
- I made extensive use of Translate 2000 to analyze and remediate source code.
- Increased the group’s productivity through the development of Macros, Clists, Skeletons, JCL, and PROCs to simplify and speed-up the remediation process.
- I made extensive use of Confidential for both online and batch during unit test and other testing stages.
- I Used Simulate 2000 to simulate year 2000 dates during the various testing stages.
- I supervised the migration of source code from development through user acceptance test, Confidential certification test and into production.
- I had analyzed and compared remediated codes against the baseline libraries.
- I Developed and maintained checklists for the creation and implementation of Confidential turnover packages throughout the various stages of user acceptance test, Confidential certification test and production.
- I was Responsible for setting up the test environment, worked closely with and supported the users during the formal testing phases.
- Supervised new hires and taught Confidential Online and Batch to most members of the department.
Confidential, Morristown, NJ
01/96 to 10/96 - Sr. Programmer/Analyst
- The final product is sent to another application for bill calculation and printing.
- My Responsibilities included designing and developing batch programs, maintaining batch and online programs, monitor the performance and tuning of SQL codes, supporting the nightly batch cycle, working closely with end users to fix production problems.
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- All new COBOL/CICS/DB2 development for Confidential, an online application that manages inventory in multiple warehouses, tracks order requests sent to the manufactures, tracks in transit shipments from manufacturers to warehouses, and tracks in transit shipments from warehouses to retailers.