- Business Analyst with around 8 years of experience in Health Care, Banking and Mortgage Industries.
- Extensive exposure to Healthcare, Mortgage domain to overview their Business Process designs.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including the Waterfall Model, Agile Methodology, Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Worked closely with Project Stakeholders, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Business Users to understand the requirements and specifications for new applications along with re-engineering the existing applications.
- Used Elicitation techniques like interviewing, questionnaires, brainstorming, JAD, observation, and document analysis for requirement gathering.
- Extensive experience in writing Vision & Scope Document, Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD).
- Hands on experience in Rational products and MS Visio.
- Developed Use Case Model, Activity Diagrams using UML (Unified Modelling Language).
- Conducted Requirement Gathering Sessions and Impact Analysis.
- In Depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business process modelling, Gap Analysis and experience in converting requirements in to test plans.
- Experienced in reviewingtestprocedures, defining Test cases, reviewing and maintaining test scripts, analyzing bugs, interaction with team members in fixing errors andUser Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately in business and technical situations at all levels.
- Adept in problem solving skills and learning new technologies.
MS Project, MS Visio, Business Definition Requirements, Business Process Analysis, Gap Analysis, Use Case Modelling & Analysis, Use Cases.
Business Modelling Tools
Rational Rose, MS Office, MS Visio, MS Access, Requisite Pro, Sharepoint, Balsamiq
MS Access, , SQL Server 2005/ 2008, Oracle 9i/ 10g/ 11g
Agile/Scrum, RUP, Waterfall
Confidential,Arlington, TX June 2011 – May 2012
Project Name: WMS Migration
Role: Sr. Business Analyst
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest non-profit health care delivery system in the United States. Texas Health is continuously improving the quality of service through education, research, competent and innovative personnel, effective leadership and responsible stewardship of resources. The project was aimed at providing enhancement to an internal Work Flow Management system in Hospitals to adjust to changes from 5010 transactions and changing of codes to ICD10. The system was aimed at handling insurance processes. The project encompassed backend testing of reports with the operational data store in database.
- Gained an overview and performed a detailed study of the existing system artefacts and operation by interacting with the Project Manager, Business and Technical team members.
- Used General Equivalence Mappings (GEM) for mapping conversions, from ICD 9 to ICD 10.
- Domain expertise on 837,276, 277 EDI transaction quote sets and validations, and insurance claims.
- Involved in creating and modelling the AS IS diagrams and TO BE system and accomplished the GAP Analysis.
- Interacted with the SME’s to gather information about Health care Enrolment, Billing and Claims processing.
- Exposure to HIPAA Compliance and HL 7 standards. The system was built to comply with HIPAA.
- Gathered and analysed the User requirements and Functional Requirements and documented Use Cases, Process Maps, Wireframes & Prototypes, and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Conducted walkthrough of requirements to technical team and helped resolve open issues and Change Requests through Impact Analysis.
- Actively involved in the QA phase of the project, by reviewing test plan and test cases.
Environment: MS Office, MS Visio, UML, Rational Requisite Pro, Rational Rose, Adobe Acrobat, SQL.
Confidential,Salt Lake City, UT May 2010 – April 2011
Project Name: Benefit Identification Application – Reports
Role: Business Analyst
PacifiCare is one of the nation\'s largest health care service companies. Its primary operations include health insurance products for employer groups and Medicare beneficiaries in eight states. Products and operations include behavioral health services, dental and vision services, life and health insurance, pharmacy benefit and medical management. The project was to develop a Reporting Module for the Benefit Identification Application that would provide a detail overview into groups using the application for online group enrolment and group renewals.
- Analysed existing Business Document Templates and Operational Procedures.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to collect Report Requirements from system users and preparation of Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Create Report Layouts to comply with the report requirements using MS Visio.
- Involved with Data Analyst in Data Mapping of report elements to SQL database.
- Supported Report Development activity by providing guidance to Technical team building the reports, and by working with Business Objects expert to validate report requirements.
- Extensively involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using Business Objects, to authenticate the User Acceptance Criteria for all reports.
Environment: RUP, Business Objects, SQL Server 2008, OBIEE, MS Visio, MS Outlook.
Confidential,Cranford, NJ April 2009- Mar 2010
Project Name: CIS-SS Bridge Portal
Role: Business Analyst
Jersey Mortgage Company (JMC), a mortgage technology specialist, provides a full suite of mortgage software applications from loan origination through servicing. The CIS-SS Bridge Portal was intended to integrate functionalities between Electronic CIS (Client Investment Services) Portal and the SS (Sales Service) Portal – into a single platform to enable straight through processing of customer applications via Sales & Services group.
- Prepared Business Process Models for AS-IS and TO-BE processes, that includes modelling of the activities of business from conceptual to procedural level.
- Understood the contract terms and conditions, including indemnity, limitation of liability and confidentiality for the Portal.
- Developed Functional Requirement Documents, Use Cases, Interface Mapping Document and maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Supported offshore Development and Testing teams by providing resolutions and feedback to their queries.
- Performed Impact Analysis required on new web-application functionality and efficiently handled Change Management Procedures and subsequent updates to RTM.
- Involved in back-endtestingusingSQLQueries.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, MS Office, Test Director, Agile Methodology
Client: Valley National Bank, Wayne, NJ May 2008-Mar 2009
Project Name: CVA - Online UI Plus Project
Role: Business Analyst
Valley National Bank is a leading commercial bank providing services in personal and business banking. The project was to enhance and integrate the gaps in the online banking interfaces for minimizing the number of places/screens customers and bankers go to access their account information as a part of org wide Customer Value Add (CVA) program.
- Analysed the existing Functional Requirement Documents (FRD) and User Interface (UI) Specifications to identify Gaps.
- Facilitated Requirement Gathering sessions with SMEs from Market Evaluation Team and from CVA group to collect integrated specifications for the project.
- Created Wireframes / Screen Mock-ups in iteration to suit the future state requirements. Assisted UI Designer in developing HTML prototypes for the same.
- Conducted Review Meetings with Project Manager, Architect, and Application System Engineers.
- Managed Change Requests and assisted PM in maintaining Change Management Process.
- Assisted in Back-End Integration Analysis to ensure data consistency on front-end.
- Assisted in UAT to report application defects.
Environment: MS Word, MS Excel, SQL Server
Confidential,Bangalore, INDIA July 2004 –Mar 2008
Project Name: Client Trade Management System (CTMS)
Role: Business Analyst
Bajaj Allianz is one the leading health insurance providers in India. The project was about individuals seeking health insurance. The goal of the CTMS Project is to increase the use of the current Web platforms by expanding its capabilities to provide more services including FAQ. By doing this, the calls handled by technical support personnel will be significantly reduced, thus leading to both short and long-term cost savings.
- Acted as a liaison between the Business and Technical teams to deliver requirements deliverables – beginning with assisting Sr. BA.
- Involved in all four phases of the requirements development including Elicitation, Analysis, Specification and Quality Validation.
- Conducted GAP analysis to identify customer channel usage trends and interactions focusing on likelihood to buy product recommendations and reduce customer attrition.
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with SMEs from Market Research Group, Hospital Survey Group and Web Management Stem to gather Business and Functional requirements for the CTMS project.
- Involved in finding and documenting requirements where the new data capture solution would be compatible with existing Customer Interface Control Systems (CICS).
- Developed Screen Mock-ups / Prototypes to provide demonstration to the Business teams.
- Worked as an interface between the users and the different teams involved in the application development for the better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Supported Design and Development activities, by providing walkthroughs and feedback.
- Ensured that the clients adhere to the Change Management Notification (CMN) process
- Responsible for managing the Change Request Log and RTM.
- Extensively involved in writing and executing Test Cases and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Assisted in developing end user training material and training sessions.
Environment: Microsoft Office, Visio, Microsoft Project, SQL server, UML.