- Business Analyst with six years of experience including an understanding of Business Process Flows, Case Tools, and Business Analysis.
- Hands-on in creating Business Requirement Document (BRD), Software Requirement Specification and other functional and non-functional documents.
- Overall in charge of Fund Management including fixed income, mortgage, brokerage, equity and mutual fund. Managed data warehouse management, Cobol sources, SQL code reviews, and processes reviews, technical document reviews.
- Requirement Analysis with Use case diagrams, Class Diagrams, State diagrams, Sequence and collaboration diagrams for application diagram.
- Experience in gathering requirements, GAP analysis, SWOT analysis and documentation for front users.
- Advanced analytical and project management skills with excellent problem solving capacity, throughout SDLC.
- Conducting Joint application development (JAD) sessions for gathering requirements, and Rapid application development (RAD) sessions to converge early toward a design acceptable to customer and Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI).
- Exposure to SQL on any of the following platforms ( Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experienced in software testing which involved development of test cases and test scripts and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced and good understanding of three tier, mainframe and client server technologies.
- Collaborative team player/leader with extensive customer relations, experience and proven ability to communicate with peers.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and mentoring skills.
Requirement Management Tools: MS Word, MS Excel(Pivot Table & Macros), MS Access,
MS Visio, MS Project
Business/Data Modeling Tools: MS Visio, MS project
Methodologies: RUP, SDLC
Languages Familiarity: C++, Java, VB script, Visual Basic, HTML,
XML, SQL, UML
Office Automation Tools: Lotus Notes, MS Office, Project outlook
Quality Assurance: Mercury Test Director, Win Runner
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix
Version control System: Rational clear case, PVCS
Multimedia: Adobe Photoshop and Fireworks
Master in Business Development
Confidential,Hopewell, NJ November 2007 – Present
Retirement Group Technology System Mapping
Confidential recently bought the Princeton Retirement group (PRG), which are mainly dealing with 401(K) Plans, Profit sharing, Non-Qualified plans, and Defined Benefit plans, is located in Atlanta, Ga. Most of the company’s clients are not submitted the data the same format for Merrill Lynch system. The project was Data mapping for the Merrill Lynch system from Princeton Retirement Group in Atlanta, Ga.
- Responsible for defining the scope of the project on 401(K) Plans, Profit sharing, Non-Qualified plans, and Defined Benefit plans, gathering business requirements, doing gap analysis and Equity, Derivatives and Bond trading knowledge andOperational risk and documents them textually or within models.
- Knowledge of Definition of High Compensated Employees(HCE) and Non-High Compensated Employees(Non-HCE), and Average Deferral Percentage Test/ Actual Contribution Percentage Test and Compliance Testing and Top Heavy testing
- Responsible for Daily Defined Contribution Plan record-keeping 401(k) plans and accounting 401(k) plans and performance reporting.
- Understood and articulated business requirements from user interviews and then convert requirements into technical specifications and operating procedures of investment products.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, SDLC, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, for OOD using UML and Data query analysis, SQL, Data mining, Data Mart, Conversion Mapping and Data Warehousing.
- Mapping sources and targets, populating the Data Warehouse, extracts and loads, monitoring the timing of loads, validating and testing the loaded data using ETL process
- Work closely with on-site and off-site SMEs which are Princeton Retirement Group in Atlanta, GA and Merrill Lynch. Asking detailed questions and carefully recording the requirements in a format that can be reviewed and understood by both business people and technical people.
- Collaborated in building a business analysis process model using Rational Rose, and MS Visio and checking account system.
- Participated in the logical and physical design sessions, developing design documents
- Responsible for writing Business Requirement Specification (BRS), Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and Software Requirements Specification (SRS).
- Conducted JAD sessions to discuss requirements and resolve conflicts among stakeholders.
- Actively involved in walk-through and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
- Conducted User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and collaborated with the QA team to develop the test plans, test cases, and test data to be used in testing based on business requirements, technical specifications and product knowledge.
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, Oracle 9, Sybase, LINUX, HTML, XML, WINDOWS, Informatica, MS outlook, .NET, Cobol 2, ML 2.
Confidential, New York, NY June 2006- October 2007
The aim of the project was to enhance web-based policy management system, which integrated CTCBs four policy management systems (annuity, retirement, banking and investment products) and extended the functionality to provide anywhere, anytime, access to information to CTCB countrywide network of producers.
- Designed and developed Use Cases, SDLC, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, using UML.
- Used Doors to understand the impact of changing a requirement and decide whether to include it in the current project and to define the traceability across the entire project lifecycle.
- Thoroughly understood Fixed Income portfolios, Bonds, Exchange and Clearing and Settlement, Bond Pricing, Equities, Trade Cycle, Over-the-counter Derivatives, Options and Futures and Brokerage.
- Worked with Bloomberg Terminal and Developed the business process flows on the marketplace to support the products and services selected.
- Used MS Project to follow up the progress of the development team and provided Status Reports every week on the progress of the Project to the higher management.
- Maintained the day-to-day ClearCase environment, including monitoring all system logs for errors, responding to reported issues.
- Developed timelines for project delivery, and managed projects and resources to successful completion.
- Conducted project related presentations and provided reports to the higher management.
Created data dictionary for often used retail and technical terminology for benefit of developers and customers respectively and worked for Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Information (RFI)
- Developed front-end functional specification documents based on reporting requirements.
Provided remote and onsite support to end users during and post-implementation.
- Interacted with the Helpdesk team to investigate and resolve production issues.
Was involved in knowledge transfer and co ordination with the off shore development team.
Confidential, New York, NY Mar 2005 –May 2006
The scope of the project was to develop an application using HTML, JSP and Java, Oracle which enables potential customers to perform searches for the Stock Rates, Bond, Derivatives, Equity’s and how the market is doing currently. Giving complete news and stories about the recent events related to Investment (such as Stock, Bond and Market). It provides clear and complete picture of the clients assets in position, provides information about call and put options.
- Planned and scheduled the different phases of the project using MS Project.
- Implemented an integrated RUP solution with complete line of traceability for all the artifacts
- of web development project.
- Involved in requirement gathering.
- Participated in brainstorming sessions with the business users, stakeholders and SMEs.
- Extensively involved in all phases of the SDLC starting from identifying scope, requirements gathering through to UAT.
- Maintained track of stake holder’s requests by creating traceability matrices for enhancements and changes using Rational Clear Quest.
- Conducted JAD sessions with the stakeholders and business users to gather requirements and resolve issues.
- Created Business Process Model and documented both current state and future state business processes.
- Identified and created Business Use Cases from requirements, created UML Diagrams including Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Understood the business logic, User Requirements and test-objectives and coordinated in the development of test plans, test cases and test scripts with the testing coordinator.
- Participated in Bug-Review meetings with software developers, QA engineers, managers and suggested enhancements to the existed application from business perspectives, provided solutions to existing bugs.
- Conducted UAT (User Acceptance Testing) to make sure that all the user requirements are catered by the application.
- Involved in preparing a simple and detailed User manual for the application, for an intended novice user.
- Proficient in using ETL and Lotus Notes.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Environment: MS Project, Rational RequisitePro, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Case, LoadRunner 7.6, Test Director 8.0, Java, VISIO, Oracle 9, Sybase, LINUX, HTML, WINDOWS.
Information Technology, Jacksonville, Florida
July 2004- Feb 2005
With the objective of increasing its sales, the company wanted to create a website to provide online sales support and assistance to the consumers in choosing the products. The “Web Sales Solution” is a part of Individual Retail Marketing domain, which includes Individual Enrollment, Membership and Billing, Collections and Payments (CBPP) and the sub-processes that support or constrain them.
- Understood the Business Process and the Functional Specifications of the entire Web Sales process that included Enrollment, Membership and Billing, Collections and Payments and the Entire Sales Processes.
- Analyzed the problem areas and identified the issues that hinder the business process. Worked on the process with which M&B and CBPP can generate more business.
- Made a Gap Analysis and assisted the development team to understand the To-Be process.
- Studied the Siebel CRM and assessed how it supports the Sales Support in regard to the Website.
- Created Business Requirement documents, Reference notes to facilitate the other teams in understanding client business in RequisitePro.
- Got opportunity to work closely with the Membership and Billing Team and the Payments Departments.
- Conducted and participated in JAD Sessions periodically with various Subject Matter Experts at various phases of the Development Life Cycle to discuss open issues and resolve them.
- Used Rational Clear Case, to maintain different builds of the application with descriptions about all changes and versions
- Applied Unified Modeling Language methodologies to design Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagram in Rational Rose.
- The project followed the RUP methodology with the Lean Principles of Waste governing the Use Cases, Activity Diagrams and rest of the development cycle.
Environment: RUP, Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Siebel, Rational Rose, MS Project and Visio, Adobe Fireworks.