- Business Analyst with 7+ years of professional experience and Extensive experience in Gathering, Analysis & Management of Requirements, Business Reengineering, Business and Functional Analysis, Data Analysis and Design, Quality Assurance, Use case analysis and design, Data mapping with appropriate business rules/transformation logic, Testing support (System, Integration, Performance, and Regression), user support, problem solving, and documentation. Strong knowledge of the SDLC methodologies like Waterfall, Agile, and RUP and thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes.
- Have experience as Service Now Business analyst in Support, Implementation and Enhancement Of ITSM modules.
- Experience on various IT Services of Service - Now tool like Incident, Problem and Change Management, Service Catalog Requests, Service-Now Administration, Configuration Management (CMDB), Knowledge Management, Mobile Enhancement, Reporting, Asset Management, Integration with Web Services.
- Experience on migrating data from old tools to new ServiceNow tool using different data sources.
- Good knowledge of CMDB and Asset Management Services: Business Services and Configuration item relationships.
- Extensive CMDB mapping experience for Inbound and outbound CI and Relationships
- Experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification and identifying data mismatch.
- Triaging production issues and follows through the resolution.
- Proficient in creating SharePoint Sites and Pages with Unique Permissions, List and Libraries, and included workflows and user groups.
- Hands on experience of creating source to target mapping document with appropriate business rules/ transformation logic to meet the business needs Expertise on creation of workflows for Service Catalog items in ServiceNow.
- Hands on experience with integration record mirroring between two separate ServiceNow instances Working Knowledge and hands on experience with ServiceNow Process flows across the organization.
- Involved in creating the ad-hoc reports in ServiceNow.
- Experience of taking ownership for core ServiceNow module delivery with minimal management support Document existing processes and tools to assess gaps against the global solution prior to the ServiceNow roll out.
- Ability to drive technical conversations to determine roadmap's, tasks and initiatives
- Good organizational skills to enable multiple tasks to be addressed concurrently
- Good oral and written communication skills to enable effective communication between peers, seniors and non-technical contacts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Business Analysis methodologies and Iterative Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Efficient in Share Point Server for managing documentation for the project
- Efficient in gathering, detailing, documenting and validating the requirements in a format that is useful to their business area experts and the technical developers using MS Access, Word and Excel.
- In depth knowledge of UML in visualizing and documenting the artifacts using Use Cases diagrams, Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and Collaboration diagrams in Rational Rose and MS-Visio.
- Ability to understand the Business process, and capture the Business rules in Models and documents.
- Extensively used Waterfall, Agile and RUP for effective implementation of Requirements management under all phases.
- Conducted collaborative workshops like JAD sessions and walkthroughs involving executives, SME's, Architects, developers, end users, and stakeholders.
- Experience with ITSM/ ITIL Management tools in delivering responsibilities as per business needs.
- Experienced in writing test cases and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) using SQL server and other testing tools.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Requirement Traceability Matrix, identifying different Testing Techniques
- Proficient in defect tracking tools like JIRA, Quality Center and Service Now.
- Efficient in documenting data models, data flows for new and existing applications
- Proficient in working knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML), class diagram, use cases, activity diagram.
- Highly motivated, organized and results oriented with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with capability of adapting to new and fast changing technologies
Areas of Expertise: ITIL processes ITSM Tools, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, Event Management, Service Level Management, Access Management, Fault and Performance Monitoring
Database: Teradata, DB2, SQL Server, My SQL, MS Access
Tools: Active Directory, MS Exchange, SharePoint, TOAD, HP QC/ALM, IBM DOORS, Power designer, VB,, MS-Visio, SQL developer, Teradata, MS Project, Service Now
Design: Entity-Relationships, Data Flow Diagrams
Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL
Reporting Tools: Business Objects 6.5, Cognos, Tableau
Desktop Software: Microsoft Word, Excel Macros, and PowerPoint
Operating Systems: Windows desktops - All Versions - Windows Servers All Versions - MS Windows 2000; NT, MS DOS, Windows Server 2008
Service Now Business Analyst
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Service Now Analyst with experience on implementing end-to-end Incident Management, Configuration, Knowledge Management, Change Management, Service Catalog and Release Management.
- Created functional and technical specification documents for various Service Now modules.
- Act as a liaison between business users and IT project team on ServiceNow Enhancement projects and implementations.
- Use of Agile SDLC methodology using User Stories, Sprints, and Scrum meetings.
- Contributed to the architecture and technical aspects of the ServiceNow implementation and operation project, independently making project related decisions, provides project status reports to project sponsor.
- Worked very closely with ITSM Process Architect, customer personnel, Business Analysts, IT Architect, IT support teams and other technical teams to ensure that business needs around implementation of ITSM processes and ServiceNow are in a controlled and predictive manner.
- Involved in Implementation, Customization and Maintenance of ITIL modules such as Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Service Catalog, CMDB, Reporting and Integrations in Service Now.
- Worked with complex integrations within the ITSM environment such as Service Now - Web service integration with third party application (CSC, IBM and CGI ) and migration of legacy tools like SM7 and Standard life geographically separated business partners.
- Responsible for on-going enhancement and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform.
- Built Reports, Gauges and Home Pages.
- Created Knowledge articles to document the steps during tool upgrade.
- Experience in Configuration Management module integrations for data mapping defining the CI classes and their relationships.
- Performed data analysis and data profiling on the source data.
- Analyzed problems create new solutions and new techniques.
- Assisted in Release Management during product and patch releases.
- Documented all implementations and best practices defined within team.
- Been a lead to the offshore team in training sessions, code reviews and daily/monthly team meetings.
- Acted as Scrum master and Release manager and monitored all release activities.
- Gathering requirements from stakeholders, slotting stories in ServiceNow SDLC SCRUM module and monthly releases.
- Collaborated with Service Desk team and Change Management to evaluate requests to change, customize, and configure SNOW.
- Drive the requirements gathering efforts (either development or implementation), including managing the expectations of the Process Owner, the stakeholders, the development team and executive management.
- Coordinate communication between the various departments to ensure awareness and approval for releases, enhancement, defects and any other changes that impact the various environments that we support.
- Furthermore, the gaps were changed to requirement and made sure that there was a user story/work item assigned to the developer and is delivered based on business needs.
- Develop solutions to ensure information relating to ServiceNow is kept current, applicable and available through efficient use of Intranet and SharePoint sites.
- Managing system configurations, gathering and documenting user and process requirements, developing workflow customizations, and performing quality assurance testing, user acceptance testing and third party integration for ServiceNow platform.
- Experience of providing over-sight with offshore test teams (review Test Scenarios & Test Script documentation, assist Test Manager with stakeholder support during UAT)
- Hands-on testing experience to progress changes through testing environments through to implementation to Production
- Contribute to development of user guides, reference manuals, training materials and code release artifacts as appropriate.
- Worked on Mobile app enhancements.
Environment: SQL, Active Directory, MS Exchange, Service Now, Excel, DOORS, Quality Center, MS Office, Windows desktop.
Service Now Business Analyst
Confidential, Holmdel, New Jersey
- Analyzed the as is situation of the system & processes, conducted GAP analysis to define system flaws (GAP or Defects) against business requirement.
- Involved in analysis of end user requirements and business rules based on given documentation and worked closely with tech leads in understanding the current ServiceNow system.
- Facilitated requirement gathering sessions like Joint Application Development (JAD), Meetings with Business to capture Business/Functional requirement for to be system.
- Maintained the integrity of the service-now tool across production and non-production environments. Updates & maintains a comprehensive testing protocol for Service-now related development and enhancements
- Initiated meetings as and when required with different departments like business (Regulatory Reporting Body ), Operations (Risk Analyst, Credit Professionals and Data Stewards), Development Team (ETL Developers, Testers) during the sprint development.
- Identified the Gaps in the current system and generate Conceptual Design for new developments.
- Gathered requirements for solutions in the service now platform that are ITIL compliant and defined business solutions for ITIL users, creating and modifying Service Catalogs and Request Workflow Designs, Designing the Content Management System which involved CSS and service catalog work.
- Created various Data Mapping documents for different financial attributes for CCAR Data warehouse development through ETL process.
- Written SQL queries against the Data warehouse to identify records for analysis using SSMS.
- Documented data quality and traceability documents for each source interface.
- Worked with project team representatives to ensure that logical and physical data models were developed in line with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Performed the User Acceptance Testing in each sprint development.
- Attained the defects raised by end users and manage the Defect life cycle for solution.
- Analyzed the current data issue within current system and work on its remediation.
- Performed the RCA (root cause analysis) for current data defects/previous reported period failed attributes submitted to Federal Reserve.
- Remediated the failures and suggested solutions (Business Exceptions, IT Enhancement etc.) for an efficient system for next reporting period.
- Performed analysis on how the Service Center is most frequently used, how it is perceived, and what services are most requested by its customers. Provided recommendations to supervisors and managers for process improvement, ITIL alignment and strategies to reduce inefficiency and improve quality of services.
- Leading identification and resolution of data issues by promoting collaboration with SMEs, Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and other stakeholders.
- Trained staff in project management skills and ITIL concepts. Worked with business unit managers to coordinate systems changes and upgrades.
- Work several in-house projects when required.
Environment: MS Excel, Informatica, ETL, Service Now, SSMS, MS Word & Excel, SQL, UML, XML
Confidential, New York, NY
- Conduct process documentation meetings and ask targeted questions to identify risks, controls, control gaps, and process improvement opportunities.
- Capture activity steps and controls in end to end processes and translate to Visio diagram.
- Develop control matrices and end to end process narratives and process flow charts.
- Effectively identify risk points and associated controls.
- Assess for control gaps within the processes against best practices.
- Organize and maintain library of documents required for Regulatory Reporting.
- Review the process narratives and correlate them with the process flow charts for various Regulatory Reporting including FR Y-9C, FR Y-14Q, FR Y-14A, FFIEC 009, FFIEC 031, FFIEC 041, FFIEC 101, FR 2900.
- Conduct interviews with the process owners and prepare process flow narratives and process flow charts using MS-Visio for the said process.
- Review the process documents and the FR Y 14Q Schedules submitted for the audit conducted by the Federal Reserve. Work with KPMG auditors to review the documentation submitted to the Federal Reserve team for their audit.
- Identify control gaps and ensure the steps are identified within the process flow narrative documents and the process flow charts.
- Manage the documentation on the SharePoint folder and ensure the Master Inventory List of Regulatory Reports is updated.
- Data Governance: Data governance through quality control by assessing, managing and protecting information. Managing the files on SharePoint and encrypting the files as required.
- Interview the stakeholders in order to update the Process Narrative documents and the Process Flow Charts.
- Understand the use and need for different applications and the systems of record from the concerned process owners; update the Flow Chart accordingly to reflect the applications and the systems of record and map them to the relevant process steps.
- Provide the required support to various stakeholders in the preparation of the Regulatory Reports.
- CCAR CFO Attestation Framework: Worked with the consultants from Oliver Wyman in preparing and finalizing the FR Y-14Q and FR Y-14A reporting processes control archetypes for CCAR CFO Attestation, as required by the Federal Reserve Board.
- Quality Control testing: Worked with the consultants from HCL Company, in the performing the QC tests for FR Y-14Q and FR Y-14A processes and provided status updates to the management by updating the Dashboard and also performing the review of the tests conducted.
- Documentation: Worked with different process owners and finalized the documentation of narratives and flow charts of the respective processes for FR Y-14Q and FR Y-14A reporting.
- Regulatory Reporting Governance activities: Updating the checklists, controls repository review, maintaining schedule status for the process documentations, working with the Bangalore team on transition of few governance functions.
Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
- Development of the SharePoint My Liberty WebPages have decreased employee request by 15%.
- Reduced requests for OEM Employee Eligibility match by 65% with advanced analysis and communication to Sr. Management after reviewing the budgeting impacts while still keeping strong working relationships with the field.
- Slashed on boarding of new hires/interns from 4 weeks to 1 week and became point of contact for training, coaching and mentoring.
- Increased Location Database data accuracy by 30%, by using Agile Concepts, along with increased process flow and system enhancements.
- Using problem solving principles was able to get C level buy in to an up and coming system which helped decreased wire payments FTE time from 3 days to 1 hour and keeping integrity of NSAA authority levels.
- Increased MA Annual GSP Filing from 5 months to 3 while incorporating new filing requirements from the state.
- Leading the effort to executing 3 year old dormant IL and NY DOI GSP Filings lead to increase compliance results by 30%.
- After reviewing past filings for the NY DOI GSP, a process flow update in the CUNA segment increased data accuracy by 20% and decreased DOI objections by 100%.
- Advance internal communication with Underwriter by implementing bi-weekly updates to align schedules and projects.
- Increased compliance expectations by gathering data and analyzing Underwriting documentation and coaching on required notations.
- Advance external agent communication and increased turnover of endorsements and renewals.
- Authority to issue accounts up to 2,500 in premium, issues endorsements per Standard Work.
- Within the first 2 months of onsite training participated in a fleet project in an attempt to simplify completing business auto quoting in eCliq.
- High level of problem solving and LEAN experience from over a year of being an LMS Standard Work Champion.
- Successfully put together and launched a Notification Pilot to help increase and develop a new work flow.
- Managed Agency needs not within territory and increased their books of business with Liberty Launched SNERO Employee Recognition Program which generated a 44% participation rate in the first week.
- Decreased on boarding and training for new UAs from 3 months to 2 months while keeping the integrity and efficiency of the policies, endorsements and communications new hires delivered Using LEAN concepts was able to execute Notification Pilot which increased compliance errors by 17%.
- Lead the effort to updated 3 year old documentation lead to UA output to increase by 30%Increased agent new business for Insurance Agency with advance training and attention to external stakeholder needs increasing their book of business by 10%.