An action oriented and energetic IT professional with diverse experience in variety of domains like Health Care, Mortgage, Property and Casualty Insurance, Tele - communications as a Developer/Data Analyst/Business Analyst/ Senior Business System Analyst and Scrum Master. Built strong relationships with all stakeholders and contributed in turning proposals to reality. Successful especially in management roles, that demands a high level of dedication and a focus on delivering business outcomes through the use of methodologies.
- A Certified Scrum Master with in depth knowledge of Software Development methodologies such as Waterfall, Scrum, Hybrid Waterfall-Scrum, Spiral, Extreme Programming and Kanban.
- Adept in facilitating Scrum ceremonies (Daily Stand up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective) and Backlog Grooming events.
- Well-versed in the various industry standards for the secure electronic exchange of healthcare information, including NCPDP SCRIPT 10.6, HL7, SNOMED, and Structured Codified SIG.
- Good Exposure in Mortgage domain and the acts like CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau), TILA (Trust in Lending), RESPA (Real-Estate Settlement Procedure Act), and TRID (TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosure).
- Expertise in design and documenting different artifacts including the Software Requirement Specification (SRS), Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications (UCS), Functional Requirement Document (FRD) and the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Assisted Project Managers in preparing Project Plans, Status Reports and Project Charter in MS Project.
- Proficient in conducting GAP Analysis of AS-IS and TO-BE systems, SWOT Analysis, Impact analysis and worked with Project Managers to prepare Risk analysis documents.
- Proficient in various tools like Rally, JIRA, HP ALM, and thorough understanding of Business Intelligence (BI) and experience in creating interactive, analytical dashboards using Tableau and IBM Cognos for business decision making.
- Proficient in creating and adopting innovative Wireframes and Prototypes to drive the elicitation session, get an earlier feedback from clients and thereby modify requirements.
- Experience in facilitating Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with IT team, Requirement gathering interviews with a wide group of users both internal and outside vendors, Brainstorm sessions and Requirement Workshops.
- Experience in conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) at various levels with Client teams and users.
- Excellent analytical skills for understanding and gathering the functional and non-functional requirements, business rules/processes and detailed design of the application, gathering use case models, analyzing ER Diagrams and data flow diagrams.
- Created Use Cases, Sequence diagrams, Activity diagrams using UML tools.
- Well-versed in writing SQL commands for inserting and extracting data from the database.
- Good knowledge about the Web Services, SOA, XML, HTML, SOAP, WSDL, REST, JSON while working with middle tier.
- Good knowledge on various data warehouse architectures such as Hub and Spoke, Federated, Independent Data marts, centralized.
- Experienced in all the phases of the Data warehouse life cycle involving Requirement Gathering, Design, Development, Analysis, Documentation & Testing of Data warehouses using ETL, Data Modeling, and Online Analytical Processing.
- Good understanding of re-usable transformations and robust mappings/mapplets creation using various transformations like Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Unconnected and Connected lookups, Joiner, Update Strategy.
- Analyzed user requirements, attended Change Request meetings to document changes and implemented procedures to test changes using the Rational Clear Quest.
- Developed Test cases, Test plans and Test procedures in manual and automated test environments.
- Assisted back-end teams in Data Mapping, Data Profiling and Data Modeling. Created Data Mapping Documents, supported in designing Conceptual and Logical Data Models.
- Winner of prestigious “Primus Pillar Award and Certification of Appreciation” for demonstrating exemplary performance that has resulted in a significant impact to the client, “Monetary Award” for maximizing the business impact and value creation, “CMT Stellar Award” (Rising Star) for consistently striving to deliver beyond business objects while maximizing the Client value.
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile Scrum, RUP, Hybrid Waterfall-Scrum, Spiral, Extreme Programming, Kanban, Scrumban
Reporting Tools: IBM COGNOS, TABLEAU, Clarify, Power BI, IBM RTC (Rational Team Concert), CRIMS
Documentation & Business Modelling tools: Microsoft Excel, MS Word, Microsoft Visio, Rational Rose, Balsamiq, Share point 2010, 2013, Confluence, Axure
Testing Tools: HP Load Runner, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, Selenium
Databases and ETL Tool: MS-Access, My SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Informatica Power Center
Supporting Tools: AHA, VSTS, JIRA, RALY, Version One
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OS, Linux
Change Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Business Systems Analyst
- Facilitated Discovery Meeting and discussed the Program Level Initiatives posted by Product Owners with the Director and Technical Lead.
- Worked with Product Owner to understand the business needs, categorizing the ideas in the Interops Idea Portal to Must have’s, Should have’s, Nice to have’s before Discovery meeting.
- Transitioned Waterfall team to the Scrum team
- Created User Stories, Acceptance Criteria adopting INVEST criteria in AHA and published it to VSTS.
- Created Gherkin Files based on the Acceptance criteria and provided the testers more detailed testable Scenarios.
- Created Mockups and Process Flow diagrams for Portal and vNext projects.
- Performed GAP analysis to understand AS IS - TO BE systems on SANDIMD tool to replace with the Utility Tool.
- Created Release Plans in AHA and updated the status accordingly.
- Worked with ePrescribing(eMessaging)Team and created on boarding Template to onboard several eMAR vendor partners.
- Facilitated Backlog Refinement meeting, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective Ceremonies.
- Facilitated Vendor meetings, Internal Team meetings to decide if the team can provide the customized solution as the vendors expected such as Message Format (HL7/NCPDP 10.6), Method of communication (Adapters) such as VPN/Mailbox connectivity(REST/SOAP)/Webservice, Security such as Password Digest/Basic authentication.
- Worked with Architect and Technical Lead to convert the Business requirements into the Technical requirements.
- Handled multiple teams’ eMessaging, Interops Systems, eMessaging Portal/Utility Tool.
- Analyzed NCPDP 10.6 XML messages to understand the message flow for both Inbound and Outbound such as New RX, ReFILL, Census, Orders and Discontinue messages.
- Analyzed Structured Codified SIG to implement for different eMAR partners.
- Shielded team from external distractions and helped them in concentrating on Sprint goal.
- Conducted BA Meetings and met with all the Business Analysts once in a week where every BA discusses their team challenges and achievements, new improvements in process and success stories.
Environment: Agile Scrum, AHA, VSTS, SharePoint, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Azure, .NET, AS400, SandiMD,OneNote, BizTalk, HTML5,CSS3,XML,Balsamiq
Confidential, Monterey Park, CA
Senior Business Systems Analyst/Scrum Master
- Partnered with the business stakeholders, process owners, users to identify business needs, produced detailed specifications and requirement artifacts.
- Gathered requirements by various elicitations techniques such as JAD (Joint Application Development), Interviews, Brain storming and Questionnaire and drafted BRD accordingly
- Assisted UI and UX team in creating Mockups and Wireframes.
- Assisted the Web service team in defining the business rules in Business Rule Engine as per the Mortgage programs and rates.
- Involved in gathering requirements for AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to provide role-based access to AWS resources.
- Assisted in creating Webpages with the help of HTML5, CSS 3, AJAX and Java Script.
- Performed Gap Analysisby taking various inputs from Business Owners and SME to understand AS-IS and TO-BE systems.
- Successfully transitioned Agile scrum team from Waterfall to Scrum.
- Guided and coached Scrum team on Agile practices to deliver high quality products throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Adopted DMAIC methodology for uncovering the root causes of loan lending process problems.
- Planned the project deliverables with the Software Development Team.
- Facilitated Scrum Daily Stand-ups , Sprint Planning , Sprint Review , Backlog Grooming and Sprint Retrospectives and efficiently time-boxed the events.
- Resolved team Impediments and made sure that the team maintained the required velocity.
- Assisted Product owner in slicing the epics to User stories.
- Adopted INVEST criteria in writing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Ensured that every task is tracked and updated in JIRA by the team and regularly monitored the progress.
- Assisted the Product Owner and the Scrum team in prioritizing product backlogs using MoSCoW technique and in estimating effort through Planning Poker .
- Created and reported Sprint Burn-Down charts to Product Owner, Stake Holders and Project Manager for sprint progress.
- Communicated Sprint Progress to senior management through Burn-Up charts.
- Helped teams to adopt agile practices by incorporating fun activities in Scrum coaching process.
- Conducted Data Validation for ensuring the Data quality in accordance with the business requirements.
- Formulated SQL Queries to generate relevant reports from the Database.
- Provided ad-hoc reporting and analysis in response to business requirements.
- Assisted inUML Use- case, Sequence andActivity diagrams creation for better understanding of the process using UML tools.
Environment: Hybrid(Waterfall-Scrum), HTML5, CSS3, AJAX, XML, node.js, J2EE, DROOL BRE 6.5.0, XDOC, JIRA, AWS, NoSQL-Dynamo DB, AWS S3, Amazon Route 53, Amazon Kinesis Stream, Confluence, MS Visio, MS Excel, Ms Power Point, Amazon EBS, Amazon EC2.
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Facilitated meetings with Business sponsors for Requirements Gathering and Subject Matter Experts for transforming them to functional specification.
- Worked with cross functional teams and motivated them to achieve sprint goals.
- Coached the team on how to self-organize and accomplish their goals.
- Identified different ways of improving the incoming sprints by practicing variousRetrospectivetechniques in and outside the office.
- Planned and successfully facilitated Backlog grooming sessions for prioritizing Product Backlog Items (PBI’s) and estimating the effort for each sprint.
- Acted as Servant Leader and ensured the scrum team is free from impediments by Daily- Stand up sessions.
- Ensured team practiced SMART criteria for generating the tasks from User stories.
- Prepared a dailyBurn-Down chart to track the progress of the team.
- Conducted Requirements Churns between Sprints to update the product backlog.
- Helped the team to create information radiators.
- Used JIRA for allotting tasks, User story writing, Backlog management, issue tracking, User story management and forward and backward requirement traceability.
- Assisted team in making proper decision in committing the PBI’s into Sprint Backlog every sprint.
- Incorporated modifications to the application as suggested by the users.
- Worked with BI Team on SQL queries to pull systems data for data analysis and performed Data Validation.
- Developed the project schedules, timelines for project delivery and milestone tracking using MS Project.
Environment: Agile Scrum, XML, MS Visio, MS Office, TOAD, Oracle 11g, JIRA, Confluence.
Confidential, Buffalo, New York
Business Systems Analyst
- Worked with the project manager for planning and organizing the project activities, and in communicating with other business managers and stakeholders of the project.
- Acted as liaison between stakeholders and software development team to gather requirements.
- Met with various groups, including business owners, SMEs (subject matter experts) and marketing team, for requirements gathering.
- Worked closely with the Administrator for creating new users and to manage security.
- Assisted the ETL developers and data architect in designing the data warehouse and reports.
- Created Data Mapping documents for source to target systems.
- Raised tickets with respective teams in the event of production failures and get in touch the respective teams to get the issues fixed as earliest as possible.
- Reviewed Mapping documents with the ETLand QA Team for completeness and correctness of the document.
- Developed good understanding of data mapping from source to target using different Transformations.
- Analyzed and identified system, data and process dependencies for upstream and downstream application data flow.
- Performed bi-weekly project quality reviews and escalated any functional quality issues or concerns to PMO.
- Participated in User Acceptance testing.
- Used Quality Center to report defects and test results.
Environment: Agile, MS Project, Microsoft Visio, Oracle 10g, Informatica Power Center, RALY, HPQC
Confidential, Olympia, Washington
- Documented the requirements in the form of Business Requirement Document (BRD), created Functional Requirements Specifications (FRS), and System Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Created and maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Assisted in creatingRequest for Proposals (RFP), Statement of Work (SOW) documents.
- Created Use Cases, Sequence diagrams, Activity diagrams using UML tools.
- Worked with the Design, Development and Implementation (DDI) team to communicate business policy, process, and functional needs.
- Assisted the DDI team in defining data elements, definitions and relationships.
- Participated in system design and development walkthrough sessions.
- Developed test scenarios and acceptance criteria for UAT and participated in UAT.
- Conducted JAD sessions with the development team, QA team, and users for communicating basic and specific requirements which paved way for the developers to clarify the issues.
- Worked with DD&I Team as they develop user manuals, address user questions and issues (e.g., help desk), develop training manuals, and conduct training sessions.
- Coordinated and ensured that subject matter experts are engaged appropriately and timely.
- Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements.
- Developed wireframes for the web based application development.
- Designed and implemented SQL queries using outer joins, group by and aggregate functions to extract data from the database (SQL Server) for timely reporting and Validation.
- Responsible for mapping of various data elements including business, user-interface, and schema path (services) in coordination with various groups and using various tools like XML spy.
- Generated various reports using Tableau to analyze data.
- Communicated with developers and management frequently to ensure delivery of the application on time.
- Participated in Data Analysis and Design with the Data analyst in defining data sources and required data content for the data warehouse component. Used MS Visio to create Data Models and Data Network Charts.
- Analyzed Business Requirements from Black Box testing perspective; reviewed Test Strategy, Traceability Matrices and Test Plans to ensure that test cases reflect user needs for the functional, performance, usability and security requirements.
- Created and submitted weekly status reports to the project manager.
- Participated in weekly Change Control Board(CCB) meetings to discuss change requests CRs submitted, impacts, priorities, and status, whether approved, rejected, or deferred.
Environment: Waterfall SDLC, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office suite 2010 (Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Tableau, SharePoint 2013, Balsamiq
- Worked as a part of Queue Management team, handling and resolving Incidents and Service requests.
- Initially assigned/routed the Incidents and Service Requests to the corresponding BSS, OSS, and Corp IT towers and tracked them in M.S. Excel tracker.
- Created Data Mapping sheets mapping Applications--->Towers--->Queues.
- Worked on Client version of IBM RTC (Rational Team Concert) and Clarify tools for mapping Towers, Applications and corresponding Queues and created new users, queues as well.
- Communicated to IT Primus service desk in case of any issues related to incidents.
- Synched the Incidents status in Clarify tool like Open/Work in Progress/Resolved/Closed accordingly to the RTC tool.
- Developed queries for Report Generation using SQL developer and used SQL queries to communicate with database.
- Worked on Client version of RTC tool for mapping Towers, Applications, and corresponding Queues.
- Worked as a part of Service Management team and used various Report Generation Tools for generating daily and weekly reports, SLA (Service Level Agreement) reports for SingTel and Optus teams and published them to clients. Used VLOOKUP, pivot table for reports.
- Supported PMO team maintaining Myte timesheets for tracking work hours of resources, Performance sheet for appraisals.
- Generated and published Jeopardy, SOD Reports and published to the Leads.
- Worked in close assistance with Project Manager to keep track of Project Resources.
- Assisted the different teams in the project in providing the access to their work bench, systems and granted permissions to access the client related documents.
- Resolved incidents raised by customers before SLA deadline in Order Processing and Order Management (OPOM) team.
- Performed Health checks to make sure that all the applications are running fine time to time.
- Performed Work Orders Closure or Cancellation by investigating the Incidents and Adhoc Mass order request.
- Extracted and investigated new AR (Adjunct Rater) exceptions and performed different Workarounds to bring down the backlog.
- Handled Batch Failures which are critical in OPOM team, took the ownership and created KT documents on the work done and shared among the team members.
Environment: UNIX, MS Visio, Quality Center, MS Outlook, MS Excel, Pivot, VLOOKUP, PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, IBM RTC, Clarify, CRIMS, OPOM, SQL.
- Involved in Software Development Life cycle starting from requirements gathering and performed OOA and OOD using UML.
- Involved in designing & documentation of flows & functional diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Involved in developing web-tier using JSPs and client-tier using HTML pages.
- Developed Session Beans to provide a client’s view of the account transactions business logic.
- Developed Entity Beans to provide an object view of the database tables which contain the business logic to access the tables.
- JDBC was used to access data from Oracle database.
- Wrote SQL Queries, PL/SQL procedures, for retrieving information from database.
- Deployed the application on Apache Tomcat server.
- Involved in Production Support and Maintenance.
- Managed Source Control and Version Control using CVS and SVN.
Environment: J2EE, EJB, JSP, HTML, CSS, Ajax, Web Services, UML, XML, XSLT,Struts1.1, JDBC, CVS, SVN, Apache Tomcat.