- 11+ years of diverse experience as Business Analyst in Financial Industry with business process engineering projects in leading financial institutions. Excellent Knowledge in the procedures of Banking & Regulatory Compliances - Anti-Money Laundering (AML): Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) Guidance, Customer Identification Program (KYC/CIP); Basel III, Dodd-Frank Act and CCAR.
- In depth knowledge of Agile, RUP, Waterfall
- Strong experience in Agile Scrum concepts including Product backlog, Sprint planning, Sprint Retrospective, User stories, Daily standup, Burn down charts, Planning poker, etc.
- Hands on expertise in Requirement Gathering and Management
- Expertise in facilitation of interviews, conference, workshops in Joint Requirement Planning (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD) and Rapid Application Development (RAD) sessions
- Adept at requirements gathering, Surveys/Questionnaire development, Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD)
- Handling change management by conducting Impact Analysis & Change Control Board (CCB) meetings.
- Proficient in creating screen mock-ups/ wire frames/ Prototypes, UI/ GUI, Use Case Diagrams, Activity & diagrams using Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Fully involved in Testing & Documentation including:
- Test planning/ preparation/ execution, Issue Resolution & Report Generation using Defect Life Cycle & Defect Tracking Tools.
- Interacting with on-site and off-shore Quality Assurance (QA) teams for Black Box / GUI / Regression / Progression/ System / stress & performance testing.
- Conducting User Acceptance Test (UAT), Post Production Validation (PPV), Smoke testing.
- Test Case documentation, creating User manual, conducting Training sessions.
- Strong technical skills in SQL to extract data from database for data analysis and testing.
- Experience in regulatory related projects related to Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Mandatory Clearing for Commodities & other OTC instruments.
- Knowledge of Credit Default Swaps (CDS), Derivatives & Commodity Trading.
Business Modelling Tools: Power Designer, MS Project, MS Office
Documentation Tools: MS Office(Word, Excel, Power Point, Project), Visio, Sharepoint, Confluence
SDLC Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, RUP
Operating Systems: Windows XP/NT/2000/Vista, UNIX
Defect Management Tools: HP Quality Centre (ALM), Silk Central, JIRA, Bugzilla, Q Test
Prototyping/Wireframe: Snagit, Smart Draw, Balsamiq, Just in Mind, MS Visio, Visual Paradigm
RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL
Programming Languages: C++, Java, Visual Basic, SQL, UML, HTML, XML
Sr. System Analyst
- Conduct meetings and brainstorming sessions with business and SMEs to gather, analyze & assimilate plausible requirements for the Portal.
- Regularly groom user stories with Product Owner to create sufficient Product Backlog.
- Work closely with UI design and development team to ensure viability of new features and ensure proper functionalities of the complete system.
- Responsible for Test Case review & sign off and Acceptance of developed User Stories.
- Assist dev & QA in unit testing, functional & regression testing & defect remediation.
- Write UAT Test cases and assist Product Owner in conducting UAT tests.
- Attend defect triage meetings to mitigate unnecessary defects & highlight critical ones.
- Create & maintain Meeting Minutes/Issues Logs & ensure timely resolution of standing items.
- Assist Project Manager in performing GAP analysis for data from various source systems & documenting Business, Functional and Non-Functional Requirements into Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) and Business System Document (BSDs).
- Assist smooth & efficient transition from Waterfall based SDLC system to Agile methodology via implementation of Agile tools & methodologies using Rally, Scrum calls, Sprint Planning, Review & Retrospective meetings & one on one communication for issue resolution.
- Attend user experience sessions for underwriters/ end users at diff. stages of development to understand expectations from developed product & gather appropriate feedback to in corporate as future requirements.
Sr. Business System Analyst
- To serve as a liaison between technical development team & business users in Compliance department and ensure that business requirements are effectively developed into easy to implement functional requirements.
- Gathered CCAR PPNR and supplementary metrics (FRY-14) forecast from different business units.
- Supported CCAR and BASEL data acquisition teams to validate and reconcile data coming from various systems.
- Extensively researched and collected the customer financial documentations and completed research for suspicious activity reports on KYC, AML, and BSA analysis reports for flagged accounts.
- Responsible for conducting stakeholder meetings and communication on new requirement, development statuses, defect tracking, change management requests & progress reports.
- Performed Business Analysis, wrote BRDs in the area of Counterparty credit risk, Specific Wrong Way Risk in the light of Basel III-Identification, flagging and enhanced treatment, EAD and RWA computation & Balance sheet Reconciliation.
- Ensure quality control of developed requirements by conducting functional testing, regression testing, post production validation, smoke testing & user acceptance testing using tools like HP/QC.
- Utilize knowledge of regulatory requirements specific to Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing.
- Focused in the area of Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) Reporting, Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) and Dodd - Frank Regulatory Reporting, including FRY 9C, FRY 14M/Q/A.
- Promptly report bugs & defects and ensure effective resolution to meets stakeholder expectations.
- Off-shore & on-shore team co-ordination at all stages of SDLC including requirement gathering, analysis, documentation, design, development, testing & implementation.
- Serve as first level of escalation for junior testers & business analysts on queries, issues, reporting of bugs and defects and issue resolutions.
- Provide training & assistance to end users and junior Business Analyst within the group.
Environment: RUP, KYC, JIRA, MS Visio, MS SharePoint, SQL Server, MS Office
Sr. Business Analyst & Scrum
- Analyze regulatory requirements for Dodd Frank initiatives and ensure completeness and accuracy by partnering with development and CCAR Program Team .
- Analyzed the new regulatory requirements of Basel Accord of Pillar 2 and 3 phases on Market Risk calculation, monitoring and reporting, and new implementation of Comprehensive Stress Testing.
- Internal Audit Analyst for CCAR remediation project. Analyzed, reviewed and remediated CCAR data extraction and modeling processes.
- Work closely with stakeholders to assess current state, perform gap analysis , and develop requirements for business process, capability and technology infrastructure enhancements to support creation and management of stress testing scenarios.
- Prepare interview questionnaire for requirement elicitation from SMEs and obtain approval of requirements and prioritization of implementation plan .
- As Scrum Master, work towards removing blockers and impediments for the team, ensuring product development is carried smoothly and efficiently.
- Fulfill Scrum Master’s role & responsibilities by facilitating scrum ceremonies (Daily stand-up, Sprint Planning, Review & Retrospective Meetings) and tracking Sprint progress by daily monitoring Task Board & Burn down Chart.
- Train/ coach team on Agile Methodologies & best practices and consistently working towards developing self-organized, cross-functional Agile Team.
- Ensure timely and quality development of capability, process, infrastructure support for stress test scenario management, governance and control checks.
- Lead timely identification and resolution development of issues, risks, dependencies by promoting collaboration with CCAR program team, Risk Action, Risk Project Management & development team.
- Manage Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog. Organize Sprint activities in a way that technical debt and requirement prioritization results in potentially shippable product to business community every sprint.
- Staying abreast of regulatory changes to lead change management.
- Used extensive SQL queries for data analysis, to provide summary reports and data feeds to analytics reporting system.
- Develop Project Status metrics for weekly Project Status and impact analysis of Change Requests.
Environment: Agile Methodology, MS Office Suite, Sybase DB, Sharepoint, JIRA, Confluence.
Confidential, Weehawken, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
- Conduct Brainstorming and JAD Session to gather Business Requirements with Regulatory and Compliance subject matter experts to have a good knowledge of CCAR reporting.
- Conduct Gap Analysis of the features and functionality of current platform version and new version to determine the new functions to be added in.
- As part of CCAR, worked on Stress Testing solution to check the health of the portfolio of investments for the client to ascertain Capital adequacy.
- Design detailed FRD, and Solution Options Document according to BRD and Basel regulatory requirements using Power Designer.
- Model detailed design of the system using UML diagrams including Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Data Flow diagrams using Smart Draw.
- Facilitate meetings with Development Team and Testing Team to walk through the FRDs and discuss feasibility of each requirement.
- Work with Quantitative Analysts to design and administrate new Stressed VaR model and Advanced Monte Carlo Simulation method
- Work with Risk Reporting team to generate new Standard Pillar 3 Reporting framework and distinguish firm-wide global standards within QRM as per unique requirements for US site.
- Review Test Plan and Test Cases provided by Testing Team & conduct quick Smoke Test after each build.
- Involved in design and implementation of Progression and Regression Tests of the new functionalities added in QRM system.
- Manage bugs using Defect Tracking Tool like JIRA, review each defect and assign development team to resolve problems.
- Assist QA in testing, write UAT Test cases, perform White Box, Functional, User Acceptance, Integration & Regression testing ensuring bugs & defects are timely addressed and product features & functionalities meet stakeholder expectations at all times.
- Used IBM-ILOG decision validation system to simulate and testing of business rule changes for the product.
- Generate User Manual and prepare Training Material of new QRM to internal users.
Environment: Agile, MS SQL Server, Power Designer, MS Office, IBM Log, Smart-Draw, Share Point
- Gathered User and Business Requirements through interviews, surveys, prototyping and studying the As Is processes.
- Conducted feasibility study and GAP analysis before implementing a new feature.
- Worked as an Interface between business users and the different teams involved in the application development for better understanding of the business and IT processes.
- Facilitated JAD sessions to gather business requirements from stakeholders, SMEs, Servicing Agents for CIA application, business users and external users.
- Created Business Requirement Specifications (BRS) and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Created wireframes and prototypes of the new web interfaces to communicate the ideas to the business users and the management teams.
- Created Use cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Flow Diagrams using Power Designer.
- Set up definitions and process for test phases including Product test, Integration test, System test and User Acceptance Test (UAT).
Environment: RUP, SQL, XML, MS Excel, Power Designer, MS Power-point, Bugzilla
Confidential, Northbrook, Illinois
Business Analyst (Property and Casualty)
- Broadly worked in an agile environment comprising of Business Users, Customers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to analyze existing agent management system with Vertafore AMS360.
- Gathered User stories to include coverage of business values, story points and acceptance criteria.
- Assisted product owners, scrum master and scrum team to create good Product Backlogs & prioritize features and subsequently create Sprint backlogs for integrating specific features.
- Provided in-depth User Interface document to development and testing team for clearly understanding reporting and dashboard features.
- Conducted requirement walkthroughs with development and test teams before the development and testing phases respectively.
- Formulated and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace technical requirements to their business requirements and the test case to their functional requirements.
- Extensively used task boarding and poker planning for understanding individual level of effort (LOE).
- Performed Post Production Validation (PPV), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and smoke testing to ensure that insurance agents are able to use application with ease.
- Prepared user manuals and conducted agent training sessions.
Environment: Agile, Power designer, Smart Draw, Microsoft Visio, UML, JIRA, Oracle DB, Java, SQL.
- Identified the areas for improvement by reviewing and analyzing the existing online portal systems.
- Gather requirements by conducting meetings and brainstorming sessions with end users and SME.
- Assisted senior business analysts in performing GAP analysis and documenting the Business Requirements. Functional Requirements and Non-Functional Requirements into Business Requirement Documents (BRDs) and Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs).
- Designed and developed Use Cases, Sequence and Activity Diagrams using UML.
- Created wireframes and prototypes of the new web interfaces to communicate development ideas to the business users and the management teams.
- Worked closely with UI design and development team to ensure viability of new features and ensure proper functionalities of the complete system.
- Created and maintained Meeting Minutes/Issues Log and ensured timely resolution of all items.
- Created UAT Test cases and assisted senior business analysts in conducting UAT tests.
Environment: Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodology, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Office Suite