- 10+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with a solid understanding of Business Requirement elicitation techniques and experience in envisioning, representing and translating the product vision from the business sector to the software development by making critical contributions in varied domains.
- Cross - functional domain expertise including Telecom, Insurance and Healthcare.
- In depth knowledge of all phases and methodologies of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile, Waterfall and Rational Unified Process (RUP) Methodologies.
- Experience in Business Process Modeling, Business Requirement gathering and Business Process flow.
- Experience in creating Requirement Artifacts, Business Requirement Document(BRD), Functional Requirement Document (FRD), Use Case specifications and other artifacts.
- Involved in creating Unified Modeling Language (UML) diagrams such as Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams.
- Hands on experience in facilitating Joint Requirement Planning (JRP) sessions with Business user Groups, conducting Joint Application Development (JAD) and Grooming sessions with IT groups and project team members.
- Proficient in writing SQL Queries to query and analyze data.
- Extensive experience in Requirements Change Management, Defect Tracking and Discrepancy Resolution processes.
- Active involvement in creating and executing the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and training of end-users.
- Strong experience working with On site/Offshore model and large team sizes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and mentoring individuals to maximize levels of productivity, while forming cohesive team environment.
- Strong experience in Defect Management using tools like JIRA, HP Quality Center (ALM), Rational ClearCase.
- Involved in post-production activities like creating the Sign-off documents and customer training manual when necessary.
- Strong presentation skills in Business Flow Demonstration and effectively host meetings between Business Stakeholders and Technical teams to fulfill business objectives.
Languages: C, JAVA, Visual Basic, Dot NET, XML
Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, Rational Unified Process
Database & Tools: MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2Quality Management Tools: JIRA, Test Director 8.0, HP Quality Center 11.0 (ALM), Rational Clear Quest, Rationale ClearCase
Automation Tools: QTP11.5, LoadRunner, Selenium WebDriver
Microsoft: MS Office Suite, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint
Version Control: Rational ClearCase, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe
Database: Oracle 9i/10g, SQL Server, MS-Access, PL/SQL
Operation Systems: UNIX, Windows Vista/XP/2000
Requirement Management: TFS, JIRA
Confidential, Blue Bell, PA
Business Data Analyst
- Worked with the claims department, IT staff and relevant Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to analyze and document system requirements and procedural changes.
- Facilitated grooming sessions and review meetings with the business users and Dev and QA teams to ensure understanding of the new functionalities.
- Responsible for writing the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and the Functional Requirement Document (FRD) for the application.
- Followed UML processes and standard operating procedures in developing Use Cases, Use Case diagrams and other supporting documentation.
- Developed, designed and executed Test Scripts for the database testing effort. Utilized strong SQL scripting skills to create test scripts to test Data Marts, Data Warehouse and ETL Procedures.
- Performed Gap analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new requirements.
- Performed Risk analysis of the requirements to identify the key business risks areas for the project and prioritized the application development and testing accordingly.
- Performed requirement walkthroughs with the Development and QA teams with the aim to develop testing strategies and test plans such that test cases reflect user needs.
- Monitored user expectations through user involvement and communication throughout the project life cycle.
- Tracked and maintained user requested enhancements and changes by documenting them in Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
- Facilitated and coordinated User Acceptance testing (UAT).
Environment: Core Java, RAD, JBoss Application Server, DB2, SQL, UML, MS Visio, MS SharePoint
Sr. Business Analyst
- Gathered business requirements through interviews, surveys and prototyping. Facilitated JAD sessions to collect requirements from system users and made sure the requirements were clear and unambiguous and documented them.
- Analyzed and prioritized business requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Created UML Models such as Wireframes, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams and Flow Diagrams using MS Visio and online UML tools.
- Participated in the Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Daily Stand Up Calls and all related SCRUM ceremonies.
- Design the User stories, facilitated story point discussions and managed them in Microsoft TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Modeled the AS-IS system and performed GAP Analysis for the existing system in order to map it to the TO-BE system.
- Act as a bridge between business stakeholders, Project Management and development teams. Worked closely with Project Management to support determination of the project road map.
- Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)to keep track of the Requirements, Use Cases and Test Cases.
- Create, maintain and manage project documentations, including project plans, user guides, reference manuals and training materials as appropriate.
- Responsible for System Integration Testing (SIT) and ensuring that the Pre-UAT activity is performed accurately and efficiently.
Environment: Oracle, PL/SQL, UML, HP ALM, MS Visio, MS Project, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, SharePoint 2007/ Online, Office 365, XML, Microsoft TFS
Business Analyst/ Project Coordinator
- Involved in the analysis of the functional, technical specifications, data mapping document and conceptual diagrams.
- Wrote System Requirements Specification (SRS) and Functional Requirements Specification (FRS) and Data Requirement Matrix (DRM) documents as per the business requirements and process flow.
- Documented User stories and modeled Use Case diagrams by utilizing MS Visio.
- Conducted grooming sessions to develop and agree upon a system that focuses on a Business Requirement.
- Created Use Case Models, Wireframes & Mock-ups, Analysis Models, Design Models, Use Case Diagrams, Behavior Diagrams (Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams) based on UML methodology.
- Implemented the Agile Software Development Life Cycle, designed the User Stories and managed them in TFS.
- Worked closely with scrum team to ensure all the queries are resolved in timely manner.
- Ensured complete test coverage through test cases and scripts, managed test execution during Integration, System and Regression testing.
- Designed and executed the UAT scripts.
- Participated in the Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Daily Stand Up Call meetings and all SCRUM ceremonies.
- Supported production checkouts of the system during various implementations.
Environment: Informatica, XML, PL/SQL, C#.NET, Oracle12g, Windows XP,QTP, JIRA, Selenium WebDriver
Confidential, Bridgewater, NJ
Business Data Analyst
- Involved in the design, program and maintenance of Automated Problem Resolution Interface for Call- Out Tracking (APRICOT). The primary objective of the APRICOT system is to automate the problem tracking and resolution process for compliance calls for all MetLife policies. It consists of two sub-systems implemented using Visual Basic, SQL Server and MS Access.
- Development and enhancement as per User requirements.
- Coordinated walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss agent issues.
- Utilize SQL and Crystal Reports for Application Reporting.
- Create User documentation for new features and capabilities added to system.
- Responsible for testing and debugging prior to deploying application into production.
- Provide technical support and guidance for Application users.
Environment: Visual Basic, SQL Server, MS Access, Crystal Reports
Confidential, Woodbridge, NJ
Quality Assurance and Testing
- Responsible for Functional testing, System testing, Integration and User Acceptance testing.
- Performed Database Integrity testing by executing SQL statements.
- Responsible for writing, conducting test plans walkthroughs and preparing test plans for functional testing and system integration testing.
- Worked closely with Production IT team to automate upgrade process. Worked with DBAs to improve, restore and backup processes for test databases to make QA life easy.
- Worked with QA Manager to improve the processes within the department and implement them.
- Coordinate with Release Manager to ensure environments contain proper code release and data for testing.
- Generated and tested various Oracle reports based on end user requirements.
- Developed product documentation and handled customer support issues and questions.
Environment: Oracle, C++, Rational ClearQuest, LoadRunner, Crystal Reports